Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

eyeswideopen

Anonymous Proxy

#300848 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the dramatics, Mrs. White? Especially since it's perfectly acceptable to you when God is destroying His own image with spontaneous abortion. And in higher numbers.
Hear that? Another blood clot was just flushed. Hurry and call the cops about that murder!
Wow, what hogwash!

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#300849 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that contraception seems to be the ideal solution. But it is still difficult for some to get and out of reach financially.
There are many stories to tell about the good ol' days when girls/women had to hide their pregnancies or their families were ostracized. There was quite a stigma attached to premarital sex and those who participated. The double-standard against women only reinforced the stigma and men seemed to be free of consequences.
What I wonder about is how you can sometimes romanticize that period and think it was better for girls/women to be kept in the dark. Just to avoid the reality of induced abortion?
And yes, medically, abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. The pregnancy consists of embryonic stage and fetal stage. Everyone else may think of it as a baby, but its physiology is not that of a baby, it could not survive outside the womb if not viable, and when the majority of abortions occur, it's roughly about an inch long.
Why should civil rights be usurped from the pregnant girl/woman and handed over to the embryo or fetus described above who has no awareness of its very existence?
There is no romanticized here just history.

Imo abortion should never have become a part of our fight fir equality .
However you want to word it . A woman is ending the human life if her own offspring.

And had we stuck to prevention that became available shortly before Roe this country woukd have been much better off and certainly less divided.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300852 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that contraception seems to be the ideal solution. But it is still difficult for some to get and out of reach financially.
There are many stories to tell about the good ol' days when girls/women had to hide their pregnancies or their families were ostracized. There was quite a stigma attached to premarital sex and those who participated. The double-standard against women only reinforced the stigma and men seemed to be free of consequences.
What I wonder about is how you can sometimes romanticize that period and think it was better for girls/women to be kept in the dark. Just to avoid the reality of induced abortion?
And yes, medically, abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term. The pregnancy consists of embryonic stage and fetal stage. Everyone else may think of it as a baby, but its physiology is not that of a baby, it could not survive outside the womb if not viable, and when the majority of abortions occur, it's roughly about an inch long.
Why should civil rights be usurped from the pregnant girl/woman and handed over to the embryo or fetus described above who has no awareness of its very existence?
Oh on cost. Women that poor can't afford an abortion ..how do they do that.

Sorry but women on aid that I know of pay about 5 $

And condoms are available everywhere. If men did not get such a free pass with abortion..And we scared them with graphic I mages of what STDS,look like on their precious packages..They might have learned long before this to use the darn things much more.

The gross overuse of elective
Abortion lets every one off the hook in the responsibility dept..imo
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#300853 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually know,a good one. And they do help women who either keep their babies or are giving them for adoption.
Clothes baby supplies..counselling.
A lot of girls..women feel less alone at a rough time in their lives
Knowing they have someplace to go and can meet others like themselves
I wish there had been such s place 50 years ago..thank God I had my mom to visit me and my doc had gotten me a nanny job.
Had to actually move out if my house so grammar would not know..
I really think they do good work.
Having a baby is never a problem.
Someone gives women these ideas.
Men are too childish to be parents.
Women are responsible and will always want their baby.
Movies of a teen giving her baby away while she
sings and plays the guitar with the father are dumb.
How can anyone give away their own flesh and blood?
I will never forget the abuse I have seen in daycare.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#300854 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There is that. Poor guys... always bombarded by women walking around, freely, throwing themselves at all men all the time (tempting them) because every time a woman says please or thank you, it means she really *wants* them.
</sarcasm>
(wonder if you heard about the naked 19 year old female who left a campsite for a spiritual journey and failed to return? she had on a fanny pack and brought a knife with her in the Gifford Pinchot national forest. if something dreadful happens to her, is it her fault for not wearing clothing?)
http://abcnews.go.com/US/search-back-missing-...
I had not--thanks for the link.
That's an odd story to say the least however, scrolling down to the comments section below, it seems that attitudes haven't changed much at all have they?

I suppose that if someone wants to "be-at-one-with-nature, " nakedness might be way to more closely "connect," but I do think her judgement is rather questionable...

That said, your question is a good one.
There's something to be said for "tempting fate."

Ultimately though, if she were to suffer some horrible fate at the hands of some testosterone-fueled, grunting "male(s)," I'd lay the blame solely on him(them.) It's his-their responsibility to control themselves.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300855 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up in the Catholic catechism, google it.
I did and still don't know. Glad they are more open on it than when I was there.

What do you personally believe.

I think there is,maybe a special plan for these souls ..th as t only Jesus knows. I have my thoughts .But I believe they are definitely with Him.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#300856 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes hit wet and humid ..until October unless we get those refreshing Tropical Storm or hurricane winds to cool us off. Of course by then we are huddled behind our shutters so who feels that ..
Then we have street flooding. When I was,a kid it was fun going barefoot..But geesh the cars SONETIMES all messed up with water up to the engines.
That's life in my tropical paradise..
Lol aren't you glad you asked
How's by you??
It's warm and humid here. The humidity does a doozy on my sinuses and gives me headaches so while I got the central AC on to keep the house comfortable, I have a window AC unit in my bedroom so it's like Antartica in there, LMAO!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#300857 Jun 17, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Abortion stops a beating heart, abortion destroys God's Image, abortion slaughtered fifty four million Images of God. Fifty four million souls.... abortion is murder, no doubt about it. You sound more and more demonic every day.
You sound like you burned fifty four million brain cells back in the pre RvW days, and sound more and more like a moron as time goes on.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300858 Jun 17, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's warm and humid here. The humidity does a doozy on my sinuses and gives me headaches so while I got the central AC on to keep the house comfortable, I have a window AC unit in my bedroom so it's like Antartica in there, LMAO!!
Sadly the only times I can turn off the AC is dead winter when we get a cold front..Lol 50_60
Sometimes closer to 40 but that's rare.. I love winter here.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300859 Jun 17, 2013
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/9-price-month...

I know at Kmartc
You can get a lot of genetics for#5 on their drug plan

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300861 Jun 17, 2013
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you share, you keep saying you have an opinion?
Lol
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#300862 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no romanticized here just history.
Imo abortion should never have become a part of our fight fir equality .
However you want to word it . A woman is ending the human life if her own offspring.
And had we stuck to prevention that became available shortly before Roe this country woukd have been much better off and certainly less divided.
What if you realistically looked at this way? Our fight for equality included equal rights to self-determination. Out of all the medical issues involved one is regarding induced abortion. Women are free to exercise this option or not as they determine. For themselves. Based on their individual circumstances. If or when abortion is forced by an outside 3rd party, the woman or her family has legal recourse.

(which is not usually how things were in the good ol' days)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300863 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What if you realistically looked at this way? Our fight for equality included equal rights to self-determination. Out of all the medical issues involved one is regarding induced abortion. Women are free to exercise this option or not as they determine. For themselves. Based on their individual circumstances. If or when abortion is forced by an outside 3rd party, the woman or her family has legal recourse.
(which is not usually how things were in the good ol' days)
And I would agree with all that if not for the other life involved.
The human life that is ended.

We are not alone in our decisions when we are carrying another life in our wombs..sorry but that is what wombs,are made fir. Like it or nit.
Convenient or not..They are organs made for nurturing an offspring should a woman conceive.

Realistically that has become a secondary matter if consideration.

And I find that extremely sad . That we have come to this point in our nation.
It has torn us apart.
Katie

Federal Way, WA

#300866 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And I would agree with all that if not for the other life involved.
The human life that is ended.
We are not alone in our decisions when we are carrying another life in our wombs..sorry but that is what wombs,are made fir. Like it or nit.
Convenient or not..They are organs made for nurturing an offspring should a woman conceive.
Realistically that has become a secondary matter if consideration.
And I find that extremely sad . That we have come to this point in our nation.
It has torn us apart.
Yes, it's your opinion abortion has torn the country apart.

It's my opinion the Religious Right as egged on this issue for 40 plus years and increased its pressures the last few while pushing for a theocracy in the USA.

So while you and others focus on developing embryos and fetuses and fight for anti-abortion "rights" (which every female already has, so it's redundant), the Religious Right is busy putting their money into politicians' pockets and chipping away at the middle class, the programs put in place to protect us from the government and big business, and social safety nets. The Religious Right is busy trying to privatize everything so it's run by Christians.

Guess that's all good, if you're Christian. But we are a secular nation with people of different backgrounds and different faiths. And since you can't please everybody all the time, isn't it better to please nobody at all? As in all faiths can be represented on federal and state ground or none at all during their celebratory months.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300867 Jun 17, 2013
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were sincere. You ask a person's opinion, but won't share your own?
Oh please. If you don't want to answer ok lol. Then don't .

I said they are with Jesus,.His plans I can only speculate,on .

But He has them..that's for sure!!!

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#300868 Jun 17, 2013
"persnickety"
You sound more and more demonic every day.

is that your professional opinion?

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300869 Jun 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it's your opinion abortion has torn the country apart.
It's my opinion the Religious Right as egged on this issue for 40 plus years and increased its pressures the last few while pushing for a theocracy in the USA.
So while you and others focus on developing embryos and fetuses and fight for anti-abortion "rights" (which every female already has, so it's redundant), the Religious Right is busy putting their money into politicians' pockets and chipping away at the middle class, the programs put in place to protect us from the government and big business, and social safety nets. The Religious Right is busy trying to privatize everything so it's run by Christians.
Guess that's all good, if you're Christian. But we are a secular nation with people of different backgrounds and different faiths. And since you can't please everybody all the time, isn't it better to please nobody at all? As in all faiths can be represented on federal and state ground or none at all during their celebratory months.
I have no desire fir a theocracy . I have a great disrespect for big daddy fed trying to control us through the IRS..And into reporters and our mails and other things.
Now its the TEA party and Pro Israel groups..So it's ok???

Hobbling them BEFIRE an election

There is an old poem with several versions. We should take it to heart ..We are all neighbors..the last thing you should fear in this is a theocracy..it would be contrary to the Constitution.

But these intrusions now..into ordinary. Non terrorist citizens who may not agree with this administration. are horrid .

But hey we like this administration. So it's ok????
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came
eyeswideopen

Anonymous Proxy

#300871 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. If you don't want to answer ok lol. Then don't .
I said they are with Jesus,.His plans I can only speculate,on .
But He has them..that's for sure!!!
You didn't ask me, you asked persnickety. Now you answered, before you put, lol.

Be frustrated with yourself if need be. Don't pretend you answered me before, when you didn't and then play frustrated.

Be for real.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#300872 Jun 17, 2013
eyeswideopen wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't ask me, you asked persnickety. Now you answered, before you put, lol.
Be frustrated with yourself if need be. Don't pretend you answered me before, when you didn't and then play frustrated.
Be for real.
Actually I did answer "her "

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Before your laughable post "oh stranger to the forum."

And "she" still has not answered my question as to where she thinks they are.
eyeswideopen

Anonymous Proxy

#300873 Jun 17, 2013
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did answer "her "
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Before your laughable post "oh stranger to the forum."
And "she" still has not answered my question as to where she thinks they are.
In case you didn't notice, your reference was to the very post I just responded to. It was your stupid, lol, response previous to that one which was no answer.

You are the one who's expecting a response from a poster who owes you nothing. Then you respond hypocritically, when you are asked. You were the poster expecting an answer from someone other than what they gave, who later played coy when asked to respond yourself.

But yes, you did finally answer. Just don't expect what you don't to give. Be for real!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,220,863
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Chosen Traveler 29,658
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uncle Sam 238,215
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web