Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318272 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Sweet JM

Jackson, NJ

#298366 May 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> That's right, and by that VERY logic - G-d knows exactly which pregnancies will reach full gestation, which will not, and WHY.
You DO claim he's all seeing and all knowing, right? If so, then he knows, and if he doesn't want it to be so, it wont be. Period.
You can't have it both ways.
<quoted text> LOL Well that's one opinion. Personally, I believe He gave US the ability to create new life. If he "created" us all, then he wouldn't need pregnancy, he'd use dirt like he supposedly did in the bible.
<quoted text>
Its MUCH weirder that you make shit like this up and attribute it to anyone else. NOBODY accused you - Stupid Skanky - of being g-d. You wouldn't even be fit to shine His shoes. If He HAD shoes that is. LOL
Elective abortion is the WOMAN killing her child not God naturally ending his creations earthlg life when HE sees fit.

A woman who stabs her newborn to death is terminating her childs life. THAT is not nagural.

I am sure you can comprehend simple logic, yes?

Uh...nevermind.
Sweet JM

Jackson, NJ

#298367 May 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
***sighs***
Now try reading ALL the words and keep them in context Stupid SKanky.
"I can - I have - and I do - walk into a shelter or jail, or the poorest neighborhoods and speak the language of the people there, or sit and converse with people like Madeline Albright or Elie Wesel - and use the language properly and intelligently."
If you think you'd speak to people in jail or inner city shelters the same as you'd speak to Madeline Albright or Elie Wesel, you're stupider than I ever gave you credit for.
In real life, one speaks to people of different walks of life in different ways.
Of course you only speak "stupid", so you wouldn't know these things.
I speak the same way to everyone. Poor people are not idiots that need so called special language.

What an idiot you are. How disrespectful.

YOU, the druggie who broke the law thinks youre above others that you need to alter your language. UNREAL.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298370 May 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't know - the individual choices of pregnant women don't seethe in my brain the way they do yours...I don't feel a need to know why some women choose to attempt gestation, and others choose not to.
You see, I feel that it should be a woman's individual choice, because she's the one who will have to live with the individual consequences. And I certainly don't feel that those who will NOT be dealing with those consequences, should have a say in her choice.
Attaching a criminal penalty to making the choice to attempt gestation or not, results in situations like the little Chinese infant found in a sewer pipe...stuffed down there because his mother had a child already, and was afraid of going to jail for giving birth to him.
But that, sir, is what your views would advocate.
Shame on you.
Oh is that what happened on that baby. I was wondering. At first it was saying it was an accident like the baby popped out evil she was squatting. Evidently they have different kinds of toilets..no flushing. And those rescuers were there right away so I thought she called them..??!

Was trying yo find the story on the news but missed it.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298371 May 29, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> You had an ectopic pregnancy. That's not an elective abortion to remove it. Majority of the time the little human life is deceased by the time it's removed.
Well thank God you are using a name Irecognize today. Lol I swear I thought you were knit yesterday. Already posted a long apology. Again sorry.. and exactly on sn ectopic. No baby can grow in or on an ovary. Plus the pain is intense. That to me is Not elective but necessary. And I think it removes the ovary also??
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298372 May 29, 2013
sasssylicious wrote:
<quoted text>I accept your apology :)
I just don't understand how you can be so mad at knit for accusing you of being other posters but turn around and do it to me? Not only that but you bad mouthed me to others as well.
If you read back to Monday. She and Prince and NR and 3Of her names were relentlessly after me. She cannot get it through her head that I sm not pup c . Or that I am. Christian or that I sm NOT prosbortion.

She hes been after me for it for 3 weeks noe since I came back. About your Sassylicious name. I swear I thought she was splicing your Sassy JM which I also remembered yo get me to post to her.

That morning I gave her a long post telling her how I felt it would be basically bad to keep up a stupid feud and sinful. So I EOUKD NO LONGER post yo her.

Thought she started posting to herself. Sash to persnikety.

I HOPE YOU READ THIS WHOLE POST and understand I feel really bad on this . As you were always polite to me in the past.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298373 May 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I was married to the man by whom all my pregnancies were conceived.
I had one induced abortion - of an ectopic pregnancy.
I had six spontaneous abortions...otherwise known as miscarriages.
I had two beautiful and beloved sons.
Please, can you tell us all about YOUR pregnancies??
But try to keep your sick and dirty fantasies to yourself.
Thanks.
Evil pure and simple. That post reeked but it was aimed to me and I refuse to answer. Directly.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#298374 May 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank God you are using a name Irecognize today. Lol I swear I thought you were knit yesterday. Already posted a long apology. Again sorry.. and exactly on sn ectopic. No baby can grow in or on an ovary. Plus the pain is intense. That to me is Not elective but necessary. And I think it removes the ovary also??
In my case, the blastocyst was in my fallopian tube. I lost that, but there was nothing wrong with the ovary, so it stayed.

And yes, the pain is intense, and yes, I was given the option of whether or not to attempt to carry it,(and the odds of success) and yes, I chose to live.

There have been women willing to submit to the 'will of God', and refuse to terminate. It is their absolute right to do so, and no one can force them to abort against their will

(until they lose consciousness - at which point, next of kin has the right to choose for her - unless she signs a DNR prior to her loss of consciousness, of course...)

They mostly die.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298375 May 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>In my case, the blastocyst was in my fallopian tube. I lost that, but there was nothing wrong with the ovary, so it stayed.
And yes, the pain is intense, and yes, I was given the option of whether or not to attempt to carry it,(and the odds of success) and yes, I chose to live.
There have been women willing to submit to the 'will of God', and refuse to terminate. It is their absolute right to do so, and no one can force them to abort against their will
(until they lose consciousness - at which point, next of kin has the right to choose for her - unless she signs a DNR prior to her loss of consciousness, of course...)
They mostly die.
I am do sorry on your troubles. Thank God we have two ovaries and tubes!!!

I actually don't see how a baby could live in a tube either. Oh well. As I said I believe all those little ones you lost are with God.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#298376 May 29, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> Such class ^^^^
I know, doll. Not nice. So, you think that, as long as you don't use certain words, you can write whatever nastiness you like and you will be classy? You are extremely shallow and hypocritical.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#298377 May 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am do sorry on your troubles. Thank God we have two ovaries and tubes!!!
I actually don't see how a baby could live in a tube either. Oh well. As I said I believe all those little ones you lost are with God.
I know you do Rose.

I believe their energy continues, as does the energy of every living thing that has died, since time began.

:)

I don't mourn them, but rejoice that I had the two who did live to be born, and to become good men.

The one I mourn, is the one I lost 2 years ago. Though I believe his energy is with us always, his death is much more difficult to accept, than the loss of the ones I never knew... but we've already covered that.

Have a good rest of the night.

Location hidden

#298378 May 29, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> So.....YOU can falsely accuse me of things and that is okay by you but I am a meanie for doing it to you? LOL what a hypocrite.
Btw...Name one thing that I falsely accused you of.
What? I said I mistook you for that other one. I'm not falsely accusing you of anything. Please don't whine.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#298379 May 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Evil pure and simple. That post reeked but it was aimed to me and I refuse to answer. Directly.
It was aimed at you?
I must have replied to the wrong post.
My bad.

Location hidden

#298380 May 29, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> I speak the same way to everyone. Poor people are not idiots that need so called special language.
What an idiot you are. How disrespectful.
YOU, the druggie who broke the law thinks youre above others that you need to alter your language. UNREAL.
Annnd, there it is, folks! But, she didn't cuss, so it's okay. Talk about hypocrisy. Tsk, tsk...

Location hidden

#298381 May 29, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>He was performing an abortion, the baby lived so he killed the poor baby by snipping his /hers spinal cord.
(sigh) He wasn't convicted of performing abortions. Read the case, please.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#298382 May 29, 2013
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text> Elective abortion is the WOMAN killing her child not God naturally ending his creations earthlg life when HE sees fit..
Sorry, but freedom of religion means women who don't believe in your 'god', are under no obligation to follow your religious tenets. The law agrees.
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text>A woman who stabs her newborn to death is terminating her childs life. THAT is not nagural..
It's not legal, either.
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure you can comprehend simple logic, yes?.
Absolutely. Can you?
Sweet JM wrote:
<quoted text>Uh...never mind.
Agreed.
First sensible thing you've had to say so far.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298385 May 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I know you do Rose.
I believe their energy continues, as does the energy of every living thing that has died, since time began.
:)
I don't mourn them, but rejoice that I had the two who did live to be born, and to become good men.
The one I mourn, is the one I lost 2 years ago. Though I believe his energy is with us always, his death is much more difficult to accept, than the loss of the ones I never knew... but we've already covered that.
Have a good rest of the night.
You also

You also

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#298386 May 29, 2013
persnickety wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my gosh, don't you know women know what an ectopic pregnancy is? Its death for both the baby and mother. And there is not a doctor on earth that would say you can go full term. The baby is dead and its very unlilkly a baby will survive past a few months after conceived.
You don't read very well, if you don't know I covered that in my post.

The doctor does however, have the obligation to tell the woman it is her decision. And to comply with her wishes if she refuses treatment.

As I said in my previous post: there are women who do.
Do you believe they should be FORCED to abort, if they don't want to???
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298389 May 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It was aimed at you?
I must have replied to the wrong post.
My bad.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

The idiotic post was to me about you. But since I refuse to answer him he figured that would change my mind or whatever. He keeps telling me after I bowed out of this feud garbage what a poor Christian I am. But it WAS aimed to both of us.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#298390 May 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You don't read very well, if you don't know I covered that in my post.
The doctor does however, have the obligation to tell the woman it is her decision. And to comply with her wishes if she refuses treatment.
As I said in my previous post: there are women who do.
Do you believe they should be FORCED to abort, if they don't want to???
Now that I cannot fathom . After some time it's gonna get horribly painful..And the baby will die anyway. No room. And no umbilical cord I don't think..??? She'd be screaming if it DID get bigger yikes!!!

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#298392 May 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter started working with a police department working against human trafficking. Scary stuff.
Good for her. That's very rewarding work.

I hope she can stomach it :(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Joy 1,618,227
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Trojan 34,436
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Oct 15 Heretic 11,649
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web