Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,995)

Showing posts 279,881 - 279,900 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>The baby died, read the story.
That doesn't answer the question. Would you have adopted the baby before he died?
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm dif name and location but will say tis
well judge not lest ye be judged.
"Admonish the sinner"
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I know K&P posted the baby had died. That's why I responded to her post.
The thing is, Rose, the term BABY is an endearment and can be applied to anything under the sun.
There are physiological differences between fetuses and newborns. A fetus cannot survive outside the womb, a newborn cannot survive inside the womb.
Accurate terms and descriptions are very important when one group of people are collectively using blatant manipulation and discriminatory tactics to steal women's civil right to personal privacy and bodily autonomy.
Again, I'll ask, why is this woman's story any more important than another woman's story regarding individual choices with pregnancy?
The simple answer Katie is like a lot of stories in the news it touches something inside us. She feels it is her baby for one thing. Secondly though this child has no future she is going to birth her child to spend the rest of her pregnancy and his short life loving him.
The fact that others have come together to celebrate this life is a great thing
.and a story.

Many woukd just abort him. She is not . That also makes it a story.

I believe every life sacred. I know that baby will be with God.

And I do not use the word baby to manipulate anyone. To me they are babies..to the mother it is her baby.

Freedom of speech is for all of us.

I had this same discussion before and afraid we will on this terminology have to agree to disagree.

In some of my posts I use the term human offspring. Just to get around semantics and argue a bit less.

My children in the womb. Even the one that was not planned were babies.
No Relativism

Wakarusa, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal and nasty post imo. And no excuse for it. Is this how you talk to women at the clinics??
Seriiusly want to know this..
i think abortion is a horrid choice for a woman..for many reason s. But there is no excuse excusefor this sentiment spouted off like that.
Oh dear, they shared the gory details of what abortionist Gosnell did to babies. I bet you were upset that the court didn't follow your golden rule of "Judge not lest ye be judged."

Ya know?

{Remove blinders here}
rosesz

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"Admonish the sinner"
Take the log out of your own eye.

I am all for discussion but using a personal story to keep on hammering away to a woman in whose shoes you will never walk is just plain mean.

Do you do that at the clinics.

How can you think that post makes pro-life people seem intelligent and caring??
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem posting facts as presented by Lala herself.
You may not like those facts. I know I don't like those facts. But, what's "nasty" is the evil act Lala committed against her baby boy in utero.
Sad still is the fact that Lala continues to promote other mothers killing their babies (evidently to soothe her guilt in the short term; misery loves company. "See, they killed their babies, too! I'm not so bad...")
She may have shared a personal story. Some of us do.
But to keep slapping her in the face like that is abhorrent imo.
And I'm sure whatever she posted was NOT put that way anyway.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple answer Katie is like a lot of stories in the news it touches something inside us. She feels it is her baby for one thing. Secondly though this child has no future she is going to birth her child to spend the rest of her pregnancy and his short life loving him.
The fact that others have come together to celebrate this life is a great thing
.and a story.
Many woukd just abort him. She is not . That also makes it a story.
I believe every life sacred. I know that baby will be with God.
And I do not use the word baby to manipulate anyone. To me they are babies..to the mother it is her baby.
Freedom of speech is for all of us.
I had this same discussion before and afraid we will on this terminology have to agree to disagree.
In some of my posts I use the term human offspring. Just to get around semantics and argue a bit less.
My children in the womb. Even the one that was not planned were babies.
She is not the first or only woman to do such a thing, Rose. There is a poster here who was close to a family who had a child born like Terri Schiavo; with only brainstem activity. During the woman's pregnancy, her prolife doctor refused to tell her the results of tests, so the baby was born. The baby is now a child, without intelligence of that beyond a 3 month old. The work involved for caring for her has depleted the family's resources and the doctor is no where around.

Do you think what that doctor did was ethical? He didn't allow the woman to make her own choices.

What if the woman K&P posted about, what if her pregnancy becomes high risk and there are serious complications? Would you shun her if she and her family make a different decision?
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

persnickety wrote:
<quoted text> The only mean posts on this thread are lillfoofoos.
Reinforcements ..or an old name?? Who cares. We are to believe a total stranger not a friend of anyone else here came here to yell about foo.

Really???
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear, they shared the gory details of what abortionist Gosnell did to babies. I bet you were upset that the court didn't follow your golden rule of "Judge not lest ye be judged."
Ya know?
{Remove blinders here}
I have said many times Gosnell was demented and some sort of serial killer. I posted in detail what I found out in a special depot on him
The testimony. The jars full of babies and parts. My eyes are wide open thank you.
the regular posters on here agreed. On both sides.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That peace just might come from Him..his little gift just for you:)
We dont have to believe in God for him himto exist.
I used to read in our hospital chapel. Felt closer some how
And, maybe, when I'm sitting in a Hindu temple, Kristina is blessing me. The odds of either are exactly the same. It's all good.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to point out "in a nice way " that cpeter was wrong.:)
We know the fate of satan, which is the lake of fire.
I realize their are many christians within many churches or no church at all, since we are the church. Many believe one should observe the Lords supper every week, some believe as often as they should is ok, and I don't think it matters on much of what we do or how we worship, but there are some things that we must stand firm on.
If one says they are a christian, but that there are more ways than He, or other gods, then something is bad wrong.
If someone says they are a "good " person and that's enough. Again -somethings wrong.
A guy rode a unicycle across a canyon on a high wire, and when finished he ask the crowd how many think I can ride across with someone on my shoulders? They all said yes they "believed ", but when asked who wants to put their faith and trust, and be the first to let me give them a ride? None came forward.:)
"If one says they are a christian, but that there are more ways than He, or other gods, then something is bad wrong.
If someone says they are a "good " person and that's enough...somthing is bad wrong."
The Pope just said that good works is entry into heaven for all. Even atheists!!!
walks with angels

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just thinking I was going to look him up and see if he's doing any US tours, I'd LOVE to see him again!
So would I. I hope he brings this tour over to N. America.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
She is not the first or only woman to do such a thing, Rose. There is a poster here who was close to a family who had a child born like Terri Schiavo; with only brainstem activity. During the woman's pregnancy, her prolife doctor refused to tell her the results of tests, so the baby was born. The baby is now a child, without intelligence of that beyond a 3 month old. The work involved for caring for her has depleted the family's resources and the doctor is no where around.
Do you think what that doctor did was ethical? He didn't allow the woman to make her own choices.
What if the woman K&P posted about, what if her pregnancy becomes high risk and there are serious complications? Would you shun her if she and her family make a different decision?
From the story posted here in the event of emergency I am sure they will attempt to save both. Not let the mom die. They will deliver that child . If it dies or if it dies in the womb they seem like people who will deal. But for now in the story both are are well thank God.I don't shun anyone ever. Can't you tell at least by my posts today.

What I usually shun if that's the Word is not using methods we have to PREVENT the pregnancies. In at least a good portion of them it's pure irresponsibility. Imo. And the "human offspring" in their womb pays the price fir it.

That does not apply in this case.

On that other story they should have been honest..And Imo..Just like with Schiavo..no heroics are required in the first place. You birth them and kiss them . No neonate unit. But that's only my opinion.
walks with angels

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm sure they ARE familar, but she's not very good about actually FOLLOWING her "faith".
<quoted text>
It IS a beautiful religion. Stick around, we end up talking about it as others try to demean it and I make sure they dont get away with their lies about my faith.
Then I'll look forward to your insights.

Happy Memorial Day!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>And, maybe, when I'm sitting in a Hindu temple, Kristina is blessing me. The odds of either are exactly the same. It's all good.
Lol
Ok

But you mentioned a Church. Just saying He loves you even if you don't believe in him
walks with angels

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location says you are not "new" here. However, if in fact you are, you will find the proabortion pagans to be vile. They hate Christians but will tolerate you if you betray most of the tenets of the Faith. They hate Christianity, they hate children. Sick and perverted , they push their militant proabotion lesbonic agenda.
My Faith in God is unshakable. My faith doesn't come from an institution. It comes from within. No one here has asked me to betray my faith in God. Nobody has asked me to become a lesbian. Nobody has asked me to get an abortion. So far my conversations have been peaceful and enjoyable.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
So would I. I hope he brings this tour over to N. America.
Hi there again nice posts today huh? Not counting Ladies or Elise..
Think they are the same person or a friend..
walks with angels

Glastonbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Walks seems a nice person. How csn you tell by location if they are new. Mine had me in Frsnce and Ireland one day.
I was on that Catholic is the true church forum today. Didnt see you or razz. Lots of elevated debate. And no nasty though kind of heated..oh well. I thought it would be up your slley when I gave you thr link.
As far as the tenets of my faith Ivtry to follow follow them every day.
We all fall short unfortunately and have to pray to fo better
Good afternoon!

My location is not quite where I really am. It's close. A beautiful day here!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
My Faith in God is unshakable. My faith doesn't come from an institution. It comes from within. No one here has asked me to betray my faith in God. Nobody has asked me to become a lesbian. Nobody has asked me to get an abortion. So far my conversations have been peaceful and enjoyable.
:)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon!
My location is not quite where I really am. It's close. A beautiful day here!
Me too on location. One day it showed Mr in Ireland and France and Seattle all in 3hours or so. Lol

He thinks you may be a ringer from that. Or you coukd be. Like they think I am.

It's amazing how knit posts from New Jersey untill today she is back in Nebraska under 2 names. That is why they think everyone does the same..imo

And the vile poster who posted that nastiness about another poster is either a fried or one of her old names.. made a point to go after foo..duh like some stranger has nothing better to do..

It's so silly except for the personal attack. LA LA is Ladilu a very nice woman on here..we disagree on abortion but so do most. Still no reason to cast stones imo

Sorry that made me upset..Just like it did a few years ago.

And to top it off I think she posted it to the wrong person ..oh well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 279,881 - 279,900 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••