Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297834 May 26, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Knutterland? I must admit I'm stumped over the silent k. lol!
She used to post as Knits & Prays but got banned. That was her first name here. The nic "Knuts & Preys" stuck for awhile for how she targets others as well as being "knuts". Just an affectation of mine. LOL

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297835 May 26, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. We must be sincere in our desire to change when we seek forgiveness. As it is with our own parents. If we say we're sorry and run off to do the very same wrong thing our mothers will surely know we've lied!
"Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."
If this person is devout then these are words that are familiar to her.
Oh I'm sure they ARE familar, but she's not very good about actually FOLLOWING her "faith".
I saw that you're Jewish. What a beautiful and old religion. I would like to study the history of the Faith.
It IS a beautiful religion. Stick around, we end up talking about it as others try to demean it and I make sure they dont get away with their lies about my faith.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297836 May 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who have Christ are Christians, the sign or name over any "church " building means very little.
Only to YOU. Again, you try to demean other faiths, but you only speak volumes about your own opressiveness. It means a great deal to those that belive in those faiths.
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297837 May 26, 2013
KatePUPS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Knit .. it has been a long time girl !!
Say .. I have been sitting back watching interactions between some people with the prolife camp here near Toronto (IRL and off forums)..
I have to say they are just as hateful, if not more so than here on the threads ..
They have shunned other Church Members, whom are part of their OWN family, just because they won't take their young children to prolife (well ..) rallies with them, to stand on the frontlines. in order to protest .. Interesting eh ??
Isn't it enough that the parents stand on the frontlines of prolife rallies in protest ?? Why do young kids and babies need to be there ?? Some of these children are three yrs old .. No older than 10 .. Sick eh ??
The more I see these ppl in action, I have to say it appears to be more of a 'cult' than a movement ..
Sad cause that appears to be more about control than the welfare of unborn babies ..
I don't see that around here at all, I see good people praying with their rosaries , just praying. That's all. I live in a very great diocese , we are truly blessed . We have a great ne Bishop who is so though provoking . We have the most seminarians than any other Diocese in the U.S.. Another thing young kids and babies need to be there to witness standing up to evil. You know abortion is an act of evil,the destruction of God's Image. We have forty days for life here and saved many babies, even abortion workers quit and join us. So sad you aren't pro life anymore.
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297838 May 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm sure they ARE familar, but she's not very good about actually FOLLOWING her "faith".
<quoted text>
It IS a beautiful religion. Stick around, we end up talking about it as others try to demean it and I make sure they dont get away with their lies about my faith.
So why do you hate God?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297839 May 26, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>So why do you hate God?
There's that word again.

Why are you so fond of it?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297840 May 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>She used to post as Knits & Prays but got banned. That was her first name here. The nic "Knuts & Preys" stuck for awhile for how she targets others as well as being "knuts". Just an affectation of mine. LOL
Finally people. Lo hi
Just been me and angels every couple hours all day ..not that he or shecisnt great company!!
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297841 May 26, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>The baby died, read the story.
Unless something happened in the 18hrs since that article was posted, her pregnancy is still heading toward her due date in September.

What she is doing is not unheard of and I wonder why certain publications make it seem like making this very personal choice about her wanted pregnancy is any different from any woman making their very personal choice regarding their pregnancy.

You may view terminating pregnancy as evil, but you cannot prove it is anything more than a medical means to end an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy.

Please note the mother prays her pregnancy does not become high risk -- because it can. Please note she prays to carry to term -- so that she can feel the baby kick. Please note it is mentioned in more ways than one the parents are doing this for themselves and their sons. That they're coming to realize what it means to be "without a brain".

And please note it verifies everything I've said is the difference between losing a wanted pregnancy and losing a child already born and among us. "We were mourning the loss of what could have been, instead of celebrating what we do have, Aaron Ruskamp said.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297842 May 26, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see that around here at all, I see good people praying with their rosaries , just praying. That's all. I live in a very great diocese , we are truly blessed . We have a great ne Bishop who is so though provoking . We have the most seminarians than any other Diocese in the U.S.. Another thing young kids and babies need to be there to witness standing up to evil. You know abortion is an act of evil,the destruction of God's Image. We have forty days for life here and saved many babies, even abortion workers quit and join us. So sad you aren't pro life anymore.
Its MUCH sadder that your so called 'great' diocese is such a failure. After all, they can't even teach YOU what it means to be a good or decent PERSON, let alone a Christian.

You're a piece of shit, who shames her faith - and worse, doesn't seme to care.

You're WELCOME to your delusions Kuntbar, but dont you DARE expect anyone to share them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297843 May 26, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>So why do you hate God?
I DONT hate G-d Knutbar, far from it.

However your jesus doesn't mean shit to me and certainly ISN'T my g-d.

Are you TRULY this stupid, or are you senile and need it explained to you 350 MORE times that your jesus is meaningless to those of the Jewish faith?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297844 May 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless something happened in the 18hrs since that article was posted, her pregnancy is still heading toward her due date in September.
What she is doing is not unheard of and I wonder why certain publications make it seem like making this very personal choice about her wanted pregnancy is any different from any woman making their very personal choice regarding their pregnancy.
You may view terminating pregnancy as evil, but you cannot prove it is anything more than a medical means to end an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy.
Please note the mother prays her pregnancy does not become high risk -- because it can. Please note she prays to carry to term -- so that she can feel the baby kick. Please note it is mentioned in more ways than one the parents are doing this for themselves and their sons. That they're coming to realize what it means to be "without a brain".
And please note it verifies everything I've said is the difference between losing a wanted pregnancy and losing a child already born and among us. "We were mourning the loss of what could have been, instead of celebrating what we do have, Aaron Ruskamp said.
Still glad they printed it for the reasons I stated.
Knit said the baby died.

The thing is its a baby wanted or not.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#297845 May 26, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say anyone is nasty? What insults am I responsible for? Please show me my transgressions and I will offer a thousand pardons!
I'm new here. Give me a chance to get to know people please.
Your location says you are not "new" here. However, if in fact you are, you will find the proabortion pagans to be vile. They hate Christians but will tolerate you if you betray most of the tenets of the Faith. They hate Christianity, they hate children. Sick and perverted , they push their militant proabotion lesbonic agenda.
Fred W

Hendersonville, NC

#297846 May 26, 2013
Ha ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297847 May 26, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location says you are not "new" here. However, if in fact you are, you will find the proabortion pagans to be vile. They hate Christians but will tolerate you if you betray most of the tenets of the Faith. They hate Christianity, they hate children. Sick and perverted , they push their militant proabotion lesbonic agenda.
Again with the 'hate'.

You sure are fond of that word. You and your cronies are the only ones who use it - wonder why that is??
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297848 May 26, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Your location says you are not "new" here. However, if in fact you are, you will find the proabortion pagans to be vile. They hate Christians but will tolerate you if you betray most of the tenets of the Faith. They hate Christianity, they hate children. Sick and perverted , they push their militant proabotion lesbonic agenda.
Walks seems a nice person. How csn you tell by location if they are new. Mine had me in Frsnce and Ireland one day.

I was on that Catholic is the true church forum today. Didnt see you or razz. Lots of elevated debate. And no nasty though kind of heated..oh well. I thought it would be up your slley when I gave you thr link.

As far as the tenets of my faith Ivtry to follow follow them every day.

We all fall short unfortunately and have to pray to fo better
Spooner

Sumrall, MS

#297849 May 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was trying to point out "in a nice way " that cpeter was wrong.:)
We know the fate of satan, which is the lake of fire.
I realize their are many christians within many churches or no church at all, since we are the church. Many believe one should observe the Lords supper every week, some believe as often as they should is ok, and I don't think it matters on much of what we do or how we worship, but there are some things that we must stand firm on.
If one says they are a christian, but that there are more ways than He, or other gods, then something is bad wrong.
If someone says they are a "good " person and that's enough. Again -somethings wrong.
A guy rode a unicycle across a canyon on a high wire, and when finished he ask the crowd how many think I can ride across with someone on my shoulders? They all said yes they "believed ", but when asked who wants to put their faith and trust, and be the first to let me give them a ride? None came forward.:)
Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there !!
Gtown71

United States

#297850 May 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to YOU. Again, you try to demean other faiths, but you only speak volumes about your own opressiveness. It means a great deal to those that belive in those faiths.
Foo, I'm afraid you have tunnel vision, when looking at my post.

I stated only those in christ were CHRISTIANS and that what the CHRISTIAN "CHURCH " called itself DID NOT MATTER.

I SAID NOTHING ABOUT ANY OTHER FAITH.

ONLY CHRISTIAN.

if the name that's over a door is more important than Christ, then they should question the Christianity.
Gtown71

United States

#297851 May 27, 2013
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone wants to go to Heaven, but no one wants to die to get there !!
Or even better "be willing " to die for IT.:(
Wow

Falls City, NE

#297852 May 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its MUCH sadder that your so called 'great' diocese is such a failure. After all, they can't even teach YOU what it means to be a good or decent PERSON, let alone a Christian.
You're a piece of shit, who shames her faith - and worse, doesn't seme to care.
You're WELCOME to your delusions Kuntbar, but dont you DARE expect anyone to share them.
LOL. you are pathetic and sad. Isn't it sad you have to use derogatory names all the time? You are very unhappy aren't ya? If you would love God instead of hating God , maybe you would be happier and not use filthy language that teenagers use . You live in darkness foo.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297853 May 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Again with the 'hate'.
You sure are fond of that word. You and your cronies are the only ones who use it - wonder why that is??
What? LOL ,ladi you used the word hate alot. People who support abortion rights hate God . You have to because you are for destroying God's Image.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Patrick n Angela 238,299
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Realtime 1,223,223
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr tom wingo 29,707
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Apr 29 Sauck freedom 6
News Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... (Sep '14) Apr 29 tom wingo 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 27 TerryE 5,306
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
More from around the web