Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,914
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297729 May 25, 2013
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone....

Let's remember why we have three days off....

http://www.christianpost.com/news/photo-of-ho...
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#297730 May 25, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Encouraging people to hate is serious business. Who here has the power to judge you? Nobody, that's who!
Exactly:)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#297731 May 25, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Encouraging people to hate is serious business. Who here has thel power to judge you? Nobody, that's who!
It's baffling when a person who believes Jesus is the perfect role model makes little effort to exemplify him.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297732 May 25, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone....
Let's remember why we have three days off....
http://www.christianpost.com/news/photo-of-ho...
Thanks for sharing. Those soldiers are amazing!#! God bless them and all those we commemorate this weekend
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297733 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Catholics are Christians. Should d have said Catholic and other Christians.
I honestly thought you would like that site. Lot of debating about what a true Christian is. History of y
The RED. Board started years ago. How the Vatican says RCC is the one true Church
Thing is Pope John Paul in his sermon didn't feel that way.
He is a saint imo
He is not a Saint yet, He is Blessed. and you need to read whatBlessed Pope John Paul says about the Church he headed. I don't really think you would comprehend. I do post on that thread.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297734 May 25, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Walks with angels, your "friend" walks with demons. she hates real Christians and is a militant proabrtion lesbian pagan.
Hasn't run across any of her posts using filthy words yet I guess, or how she wants me to take an overdose. Foo is infested with the demons alright.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297735 May 25, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>He is not a Saint yet, He is Blessed. and you need to read whatBlessed Pope John Paul says about the Church he headed. I don't really think you would comprehend. I do post on that thread.
Good glad you like it.

And when I say saint I meant hes in heaven. With the body of the Saints. The church doesnt have to declare you a saint in order to be one.

I know he wanted unity in the Christian faiths. He also apologized to the Jews for percecution. I think there was a good reason he lived so long to do Gods work.

You think I hate the Church . I dont. They have lead the world world i charity over decades. And I owe my education to the wonderful nuns we called mother.

I just realize as I learn history. That men influenced by kings and politicians ruled the Church in the mid ages. They by their acts were not spirit filled. Imo.

And Pope John Paul said so.

I also believe from my reading that St Peter woukd never accepted a crown and if he was here among all the Vatican Riches and the bank..he would use them as he could to feed people or as collateral to reopen parishes..schools and hospital that have closed. Its happpened here.

They dont have to destroy great works of Art but use them to secure miney for Africa. I have a feeling Francis is going to do this ..just a hunch based on his history. But I could be wrong.
In early church days they collected to feed the widows and orphans and for the BASIC needs of the disciples. There was No crown of St peter.

We shall see what happens. If the pope today is really held as the head if the Church and not hampered by legalities..a man who rode busses instead of a limo..may just surprise the world.
walks with angels

Glastonbury, CT

#297736 May 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's baffling when a person who believes Jesus is the perfect role model makes little effort to exemplify him.
I agree.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297737 May 25, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>He is not a Saint yet, He is Blessed. and you need to read whatBlessed Pope John Paul says about the Church he headed. I don't really think you would comprehend. I do post on that thread.
http://www.ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/JP2JA18A...
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297738 May 25, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello. I don't know what a "militant proabortion lesbian pagan" actually is.
I hope your evening is pleasant.
A feminist, homosexual pagan, you know what a pagan is? I hope so.
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297739 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
When you accept Christ as the Body, Blood Soul and Divinity in the Eucharist, then we will all be one . We pray for that. I hope you read other articles on the EWTN web site, if you do you might just come back to the Church.
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297740 May 25, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It does seem silly. I remember hearing the proclamation that the Orthodox Church is the one true apostolic church. The Catholics claim that theirs is the original church. And on and on. It shouldn't make a difference, if all are Christians, right?
If only you would understand that Christ founded our Church. Man , who is flawed founded the Protestant Church.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#297741 May 25, 2013
walks with angels wrote:
<quoted text>
You go back to Genesis. This story is meant to explain how we came to have so many different languages. I think it's a story simply meant to explain a why question. Why do we not all speak the same language? Because God was divisive? No. I do love the Old Testament stories though!
But the purpose was to thwart human attempts to reach heavenly heights.
I believe we can if we spoke the same languge.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297742 May 25, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>When you accept Christ as the Body, Blood Soul and Divinity in the Eucharist, then we will all be one . We pray for that. I hope you read other articles on the EWTN web site, if you do you might just come back to the Church.
From what your Blessed pope said..doesnt seem he gave conditions.

Do you know better than he did. It was the blood on the cross that saved us. The Lords supper. The sharing that of the disciples when they met in praise..that was great..BUT not the way to salvation.

Believe..repent and be baptized was the main message . Even from Peter.
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297743 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Good glad you like it.
And when I say saint I meant hes in heaven. With the body of the Saints. The church doesnt have to declare you a saint in order to be one.
I know he wanted unity in the Christian faiths. He also apologized to the Jews for percecution. I think there was a good reason he lived so long to do Gods work.
You think I hate the Church . I dont. They have lead the world world i charity over decades. And I owe my education to the wonderful nuns we called mother.
I just realize as I learn history. That men influenced by kings and politicians ruled the Church in the mid ages. They by their acts were not spirit filled. Imo.
And Pope John Paul said so.
I also believe from my reading that St Peter woukd never accepted a crown and if he was here among all the Vatican Riches and the bank..he would use them as he could to feed people or as collateral to reopen parishes..schools and hospital that have closed. Its happpened here.
They dont have to destroy great works of Art but use them to secure miney for Africa. I have a feeling Francis is going to do this ..just a hunch based on his history. But I could be wrong.
In early church days they collected to feed the widows and orphans and for the BASIC needs of the disciples. There was No crown of St peter.
We shall see what happens. If the pope today is really held as the head if the Church and not hampered by legalities..a man who rode busses instead of a limo..may just surprise the world.
boy are you wrong, do me a favor quit saying you know what is going to happen, the paintings and other artwork are too priceless and removing them would be too dangerous , removing artwork would def damage the artwork. Christ said we will always have the poor. Its what you do to the least of your brother yourself and not what you do with the riches of the world. We are too materialistic. Many of your so called treasures in the Vatican are also gifts. when Peter was still Pope they were hiding from the pagans. They held Mass secretly.
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297744 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
From what your Blessed pope said..doesnt seem he gave conditions.
Do you know better than he did. It was the blood on the cross that saved us. The Lords supper. The sharing that of the disciples when they met in praise..that was great..BUT not the way to salvation.
Believe..repent and be baptized was the main message . Even from Peter.
You don't understand that all Christians love Christ but we are divided on one thing and that the protestants don't believe in the Eucharist. When they do, we will be united. You cannot receive the Eucharist in the Catholic Church.
Razzmataz

Falls City, NE

#297745 May 25, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
From what your Blessed pope said..doesnt seem he gave conditions.
Do you know better than he did. It was the blood on the cross that saved us. The Lords supper. The sharing that of the disciples when they met in praise..that was great..BUT not the way to salvation.
Believe..repent and be baptized was the main message . Even from Peter.
Only when one receives Christ in the Eucharist

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297746 May 25, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>boy are you wrong, do me a favor quit saying you know what is going to happen, the paintings and other artwork are too priceless and removing them would be too dangerous , removing artwork would def damage the artwork.
So, you agree that risking the value of the artwork, is less desirable than aiding the poor?

WWJD?
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>Christ said we will always have the poor. Its what you do to the least of your brother yourself and not what you do with the riches of the world.
So the danger to 'the artwork' is of (check one:____less or ___more) importance than the danger to our souls if we protect it in favor of its value, than using its value to advance the cause of reducing poverty.

Your call - do we try to make life better for the poor, or keep priceless artifacts in hiding for thousands of years.

Hmm.
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text> We are too materialistic.
Who is this 'we' you speak of? The Vatican? The Bishops?
The Priests? Or humans in general, Catholic or otherwise?
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text> Many of your so called treasures in the Vatican are also gifts.
What, so you never heard of REGIFTING?

Please.
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text> when Peter was still Pope they were hiding from the pagans. They held Mass secretly.
What were they afraid of?

My guess is, they were afraid of the same thing the Pagans were afraid of: Death.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297747 May 25, 2013
Razzmataz wrote:
<quoted text>boy are you wrong, do me a favor quit saying you know what is going to happen, the paintings and other artwork are too priceless and removing them would be too dangerous , removing artwork would def damage the artwork. Christ said we will always have the poor. Its what you do to the least of your brother yourself and not what you do with the riches of the world. We are too materialistic. Many of your so called treasures in the Vatican are also gifts. when Peter was still Pope they were hiding from the pagans. They held Mass secretly.
I did not say get rid of the arts and treasures. They can be used as collateral..to help the poor in Africa. Open churches etc. And what about all the riches in the Vatican bank. Razz.

I did NOT say the Pope would do this but it wouldn't surprise ne one bit. It was my first thought when I heard about his history. I dont know a thing for sure. Only God does. But just look at what Francis chose to wear when he was elected. The most humble of garb.and cross.
It made me think if what he might do..we shall see.

And Jesus said the poor will always be with us. Yes. Ehen He was being anointed before His death. Do you honestly put treasure in the Vatican on that level..Seriously. he said they would be with us.. but to give to them .

I akso would wish rich churches would do more. A good example is Samaritans purse run by Billy Grahams son Franklin. They do such practical things in disasters.

No one needs a megachurch to spread Gods word. No one needs Gold and diamond crowns.imo

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#297748 May 25, 2013
Ladilulu wrote:
<quoted text> Still waiting as to where I said a thing about hate in my post.
What a windbag.
Please refrain from using my former name. It's unethical and deceitful.

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,190,536
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Eagle 12 235,616
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Quantummist 4,137
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 29,059
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr HitMan 201,371
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... Sat IdeasandTruth 1
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Fri KHS Alumni 69
More from around the web