Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310949 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297525 May 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>We all have one of those weirdo posters. They insult you, then insist on trying to get the you to maintain communication. Freaky people:-\
Aww, anyone who posts pro life is wrong to you so you would dismiss us and lie about us, your scared of the truth.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#297526 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Every post harassing Rose will now be reported.
I'm in!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297527 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I would venture to guess every certified practice which performs abortions, is equipped with ultrasound equipment... and if not, I'm for requiring that each and every one be equipped with it. That way, it would be assured that if a woman requested an ultrasound prior to an abortion, she would receive one.
I have no problem with a doctor recommending an ultrasound if he feels it would be necessary for medical reasons. If he feels he needs to perform one in order to navigate the procedure better, he should be free to suggest it to the woman contemplating an abortion, and perhaps even to refuse to do it otherwise. She is likewise free to seek a second opinion, and someone else to do the procedure.( That is, if another abortion provider is accessible to her.....but that's another story, isn't it...)
However, in the absence of a medical reason for an ultrasound on a pregnancy the woman has decided to terminate, I see no reason to require one, other than to coerce her to make a decision of which others approve, and to discount her previous reasons for contemplating the one they don't like. Which reasons are usually still present when the fetus becomes a baby. Oh well, though....the state's and the neighbors' interests were served, and that's what is important...right?
<quoted text>Imo, you're too focused on the numbers of abortions rather than the numbers of live births. You've completely ignored the fact that the percentage of abortions HAS decreased over the last decade when compared to the percentage of live births. The population is bigger than ever. It's not getting any smaller with the advent of RvW.
On the other hand, poverty is increasing. IMO, if we're so concerned about life, why not focus on alleviating that condition, as a means to reducing abortion, since it seems to contribute to more abortions than any other reason....
<quoted text>I agree. I disagree that using the law is the way to accomplish it.
Years ago they set legs by feel. Now they do xrays before.

Same should be true for ultrasoubd Imo. Routine.

If Im a young girl. Im scared worried. Doing something that is scary for me. Am I going to feel like I can ask the Doc I want sn ultrasound before you touch me. I dont think so. If we are focusing just on the woman..this should be something done routinely.

If she is so conflicted that an ultrasound if she sees it will chsnge her mind..she should not have it. It has nothing to with anything A PL says . If she doesnt look. Has no interest . No one forces anyone to look. Even pregnant women at her OB may not look though most do I imagine

As for poor women . BIRTH CONTROL . can get pills with aid for 5 bucks.
Lot cheaper than abortion.
worships reality

AOL

#297528 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I love that one!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =uSTOcyevIOEXX
I posted this version, so you could learn to spell the Hebrew...
You still haven't learned that 'Jew' is capitalized, like 'Jehovah's Witness','Methodist' or 'Pentecostal' are, however, so my consideration was likely an exercise in futility.
But thanks for the memory!! One of my favorites.
interesting, i'm pretty sure that was goebbels' favorite too.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#297529 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Dang, your ignorant.Ask your uncle.
Why would I ask my uncle when YOU are the one making the claim and I am asking YOU? You claim that artificial methods of birth control lead folks into promiscuity, extramarital affairs, abortion, STD's and AIDS. I told you that I have used artificial methods of birth control and have not experienced none of the above. You told me I was wrong. So my question to you is what of my experience was wrong?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297530 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text> You are wrong, and stop harassing me, you have been reported.
You are the one harassing me, Liar. Report away, Topix will be able to tell who is doing the harassing. I'm not worried.

And no, I am not wrong. You are.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297531 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Years ago they set legs by feel. Now they do xrays before.
Same should be true for ultrasoubd Imo. Routine.
If Im a young girl. Im scared worried. Doing something that is scary for me. Am I going to feel like I can ask the Doc I want sn ultrasound before you touch me. I dont think so. If we are focusing just on the woman..this should be something done routinely.
If she is so conflicted that an ultrasound if she sees it will chsnge her mind..she should not have it. It has nothing to with anything A PL says . If she doesnt look. Has no interest . No one forces anyone to look. Even pregnant women at her OB may not look though most do I imagine
As for poor women . BIRTH CONTROL . can get pills with aid for 5 bucks.
Lot cheaper than abortion.
Its a cheap abortion because the pill is an abortifaciant.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#297532 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>For the past two thousand years our church has had bible study through the readings in the Mass. Gosh I feel so sorry for you whomever taught you about being a Catholic didn't do a good job, you need to relook at Catholicism. Please quit the so called innocent Catholic bashing. don't say Catholics did this or that until you study Catholicism.
Excuse me, but Catholicism is NOT the topic of this forum. Report yourself for posting off-topic.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#297533 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Its a cheap abortion because the pill is an abortifaciant.
Of course it's not. It prevents pregnancy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#297534 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are wrong you always will be wrong because you worship the father of all lies.
She doesn't worship you.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#297535 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Both you and Elise. This is what I mean. Womens movement was about equality sure. But with that comes respondibility. That is what g e ts to me. OBVIOUSLY your methods work. So do most not all. We women need to use them because its dar sure men dont mostly.
I dont kniw where I read this. Was ar least a 2 decade ago. They were talking about inventing valves mostly for male babies.insert at birth in the off position. Turn on when child ready. Seemed a good idea tobthe ZPG crowd if it was safe. Obviously it didnt happen. Never hear much on male birth control. Wonder why that is..hmmmmm
Cause its always us. And I still say abortion has given them a big fat pass on responsibility..more than they have by biology.(Sorry guys)
I say this from experience.
Now with dna for paternity. And much better child support courts. If not for Roe.
I bet women would use more BC and men woukd use more protection.
If Cpter is correct.The gays are way ahead of the straits on this.
They have incentive..strait men should also
Imo
For what it's worth, I do not use artificial methods of birth control anymore. I used the Rhythm Method. It wasn't a method I was able to use many years ago when I first met my SO but as I got older, my cycle became more regular so I choose to use that now. Granted, it's not a method that every woman can use and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're extremely open to having more children. I haven't experience pregnancy since the last time I was pregnant, which was in 1994, but I am not opposed to having another child, even though we're not actively trying for one, which is why the RM is a great method for me. Anyways, the way I feel is that women should research all methods of birth control and utilize the one that's right for them because not all methods are "one size fits all".

I truly believe that we should be responsible for ourselves, however, personal responsibility is very subjective and that includes reproductive choices. When it comes to pregnancy, some women feel that keeping and raising the child is being responsible. Some feel that giving a child up for adoption is responsible. Some feel having an abortion is responsible. When it comes to actually having children, for some women, having no children is responsible. For others, having 1 or 2 is responsible. Yet there are women who feel having LOTS of children is the responsible thing to do. Personally, I would not have an abortion or give up a child for adoption. I would not have more than 3 children(although at my age, I feel I am done after one). However, I can accept that my choices and what I feel is responsible for *me* may not be acceptable nor responsible for someone else. I would never dictate to a woman what she should do, when it comes to something so personal as reproductive issues, and I would not want anyone to dictate to me as to what I should do.

As far as men and pregnancy goes, even without abortion, they're given a pass. Men aren't the ones who get pregnant and regardless if a woman keeps her pregnancy or aborts it, a man isn't bound nor can be forced to be a part of pregnancy. Hell, there's no guarantee that years down the road that a man won't up and pack his shit and pretend he didn't father a child. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. When I found out I was pregnant when I was 18, I wasn't involved with my sons father at that point. I informed him of my pregnancy and I was going to keep and raise my child regardless if he was involved or not. He was not a factor at all in my decision to keep and raise my child. I'm happy that he, and his family, chose to be involved and even though we've both moved on and are in relationships with other people, I'm glad we get along great and were able to put our differences aside for the sake of our son.
worships reality

AOL

#297536 May 23, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"you're a liar. i positively did not deny having said it was a debacle."
it wasn't really necessary to retype it but thanks anyway. yes, that is true, i never denied saying what she did was a debacle.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
"i never said that mixing up a colon and semi colon was a debacle. liar."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
once again thank you for reposting my statement. you got it accurate this time. or is it sarcasm? one can never tell with you.
you put things in quotes that people never said. liar.

i never said that mixing up a colon and semi colon was a debacle.
anyone can make a mistake and mix up a colon and a semi colon.

i said what "she did" was a debacle. and what "she did" was a lot more than just mix up a colon and a semi colon.

now once more, be a good liar and show everyone where i denied saying what she did was a debacle, as you said i did.
worships reality

AOL

#297537 May 23, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a religion forum.
If you want to discuss catholicism go to priestspopesandpedophiles.com
Reported.
Off topic.
LiIrabbitfoofoo":
ROFLMAO Are you crazy you dumb bitch??? LOL Rhetorical question, of COURSE you are!!
This is a SOCIAL NETWORKING FORUM where we can discuss ANYTHING we damn well please and screw you if you dont like it!
I'm reporting you for being a moron. LOL!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#297538 May 23, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
LiIrabbitfoofoo":
ROFLMAO Are you crazy you dumb bitch??? LOL Rhetorical question, of COURSE you are!!
This is a SOCIAL NETWORKING FORUM where we can discuss ANYTHING we damn well please and screw you if you dont like it!
I'm reporting you for being a moron. LOL!
Did you miss where rat'sazz began this whole thing by harassing Rose and threatening to report her for posting about the tornado, Moron?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297539 May 23, 2013
Here is an interesting thing

Invthe bible from what I know. God gave Moses a lot of rules. A lot had to do with keeping them healthy.

Diet laws..sickness rules..and ifvI remember correctly..some had to do with WHEN to have spousal realations. There was an unclean time..obvious. but there was a time that they were encouraged to have sex.
He wanted them to multiply
The RCC is against meds that STOP ovulation..if no egg there is NO abortion.

But the church also encourages times the opposite if what the bibles says for natural BC.
Or they use to
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297540 May 23, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, I do not use artificial methods of birth control anymore. I used the Rhythm Method. It wasn't a method I was able to use many years ago when I first met my SO but as I got older, my cycle became more regular so I choose to use that now. Granted, it's not a method that every woman can use and I wouldn't recommend it unless you're extremely open to having more children. I haven't experience pregnancy since the last time I was pregnant, which was in 1994, but I am not opposed to having another child, even though we're not actively trying for one, which is why the RM is a great method for me. Anyways, the way I feel is that women should research all methods of birth control and utilize the one that's right for them because not all methods are "one size fits all".
I truly believe that we should be responsible for ourselves, however, personal responsibility is very subjective and that includes reproductive choices. When it comes to pregnancy, some women feel that keeping and raising the child is being responsible. Some feel that giving a child up for adoption is responsible. Some feel having an abortion is responsible. When it comes to actually having children, for some women, having no children is responsible. For others, having 1 or 2 is responsible. Yet there are women who feel having LOTS of children is the responsible thing to do. Personally, I would not have an abortion or give up a child for adoption. I would not have more than 3 children(although at my age, I feel I am done after one). However, I can accept that my choices and what I feel is responsible for *me* may not be acceptable nor responsible for someone else. I would never dictate to a woman what she should do, when it comes to something so personal as reproductive issues, and I would not want anyone to dictate to me as to what I should do.
As far as men and pregnancy goes, even without abortion, they're given a pass. Men aren't the ones who get pregnant and regardless if a woman keeps her pregnancy or aborts it, a man isn't bound nor can be forced to be a part of pregnancy. Hell, there's no guarantee that years down the road that a man won't up and pack his shit and pretend he didn't father a child. Unfortunately, it happens all the time. When I found out I was pregnant when I was 18, I wasn't involved with my sons father at that point. I informed him of my pregnancy and I was going to keep and raise my child regardless if he was involved or not. He was not a factor at all in my decision to keep and raise my child. I'm happy that he, and his family, chose to be involved and even though we've both moved on and are in relationships with other people, I'm glad we get along great and were able to put our differences aside for the sake of our son.
Thing is responsible before pregnant or at least attempt it.
Trust me I know about men who deny responsibility after professions of love snd marriage.

When BC wss available I used it. Later had probkems and couldnt. By then I was,alone with daughter. I knew I could nevet give up another baby..nor have an abortion. Wound up getting tubes tied.

I posted just before this about rythm method. Was not intended to criticize anyone using it. Was to those who think this is the only thing God approves of.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297541 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss where rat'sazz began this whole thing by harassing Rose and threatening to report her for posting about the tornado, Moron?
Looks like its your turn today
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297542 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Here is an interesting thing
Invthe bible from what I know. God gave Moses a lot of rules. A lot had to do with keeping them healthy.
Diet laws..sickness rules..and ifvI remember correctly..some had to do with WHEN to have spousal realations. There was an unclean time..obvious. but there was a time that they were encouraged to have sex.
He wanted them to multiply
The RCC is against meds that STOP ovulation..if no egg there is NO abortion.
But the church also encourages times the opposite if what the bibles says for natural BC.
Or they use to
What? The Churh is against artificial birth control because they are abortifaciant. The pills cause an automatic abortion plus the pill is a green light for extra marityal affairs , premarital sex and blatant promiscuity. Another thing is artificial birth control is anti family. Also if you knew just a smidgen about the bible ypu would know the Old Testement laws , like not eating shell fish and what you posted does not refer to Christians because Christ fulfilled Mosaic laws.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297543 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey foo gm
I honestly used to think she wss a very devout Catholic with a deep caring for the unborn. She may be that anf I feel sorry if she is that way in person.
But if she posted about demons and grandchildren there is nothing remotely Catholic about that. And that is sad.
Will honestly pray for het as I think some illness at work. Onky Gid kniws her true heart. But she does not refkect Him well with statements like that..if she is that poster. Only my opinion.
Actually Rosey when someone doesn't teach their children to love and honor God but to hate god and those children defy God and hate God even in death what will happen to those grandchildren? They will go to the lake of fire and the devil will do what he wishes. You twisted the story and you would know a good Christ ian would try to save those children from certain evil. You didn't see what she posted about my family did you, oh, but I am always the evil one, LOL. YOU are brainwashed. Yet you didn't read how the pro aborts were stalking other posters who were pro life, posting their personal email etc. That's what your friend Foo did, yet you didn't get after her when she wanted to have their daughter raped did you, How they took the pic of the mans daughter and made lewd remarks. One poster , pretty sure it was chicky, posted how my son ws being raped by my priest. Foo even got in on that yet you think I am the bad evil one because I defended myself. You are a piece of work.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#297544 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Rosey when someone doesn't teach their children to love and honor God but to hate god and those children defy God and hate God even in death what will happen to those grandchildren? They will go to the lake of fire and the devil will do what he wishes. You twisted the story and you would know a good Christ ian would try to save those children from certain evil. You didn't see what she posted about my family did you, oh, but I am always the evil one, LOL. YOU are brainwashed. Yet you didn't read how the pro aborts were stalking other posters who were pro life, posting their personal email etc. That's what your friend Foo did, yet you didn't get after her when she wanted to have their daughter raped did you, How they took the pic of the mans daughter and made lewd remarks. One poster , pretty sure it was chicky, posted how my son ws being raped by my priest. Foo even got in on that yet you think I am the bad evil one because I defended myself. You are a piece of work.
Why don't you leave Rose alone?

You are either a fake or the most insecure religious zealot on planet earth.

If you are sincerely a religious zealot you should be thrown in lockdown suited up in a straight jacket.

A total fake or totally insane...which is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Patrick 254,884
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 9,531
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Thu Ela 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web