Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312838 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297458 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said before Jesus didn't use the word Hell, but He said what He meant, abd meant what He said. Even the part about rising from the dead FOR YOU!
maybe He did use His powers to visit me, but that's ok, becouse He saved my soul from Hell.
He can also save yours. He is God the Son, and knows everything.
Not only did He save my soul, but He cleaned up my life in many ways. I was once more vile then any on here. I could teach some of you new cuss words. Lol
He can change all bad things in me, if I would yeild to Him and His word.
Nowadays the word sick "which used to mean not well," may mean an awsome skateboard trick. The bible was written when yea meant yea, and nay meant nay.
I pray you get a clue, and stop looking for those who write things that condone your Sin, and read where your Sin is condemed.
That way -you might turn to a God, that has the power to make you a saint.:)
We tend to judge ourselves by others worse then ourselves. This way of thinking makes it tough for certain people like aka "good girl" and others see themselves like God does. Filthy sinners, that HE COULD SAVE.
HE CAN SAVE ANYONE THAT CALLS UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUT OF A REPENTENT HEART.
Very true.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297459 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
See last post lol can't keep up.
There should be rules on how many made and implanted.
Octomoms is a crime imo. And so are the reality tv that spawned her lunacy
Did you know if you throw away those eggs you are killing those unborn children the same as abortion. Would you want that?
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297460 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Wiccans pray. And no, we do not pray to "false gods".
It's Hare Krishna, and that's not a prayer. More like a meditation.
The point being that the OP implied that people were saved BECAUSE they prayed. That is baseless speculation.
If you don't pray to the one true God , you pray to the devil.
Notaplaya1965

Tulsa, OK

#297461 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Linda?? Ok now I'm confused. Read about Michelle on wiki.
Aside from being on tv..??? Obviously they are following their conscience. Personally I don't see anything wrong with BC unless it's an abirtifacient.
The thing on them is from wiki they seem to take good care of those children..AGaIN the reality show angle..I personally don't watch that stuff
Now my daughter in law unfortunately tried everything to have a baby. And had miscarriages miscarriages too. She woukd get preggers after they stopped trying and then lose them. Our granddaughter to me is a real miracle baby. Only one they will have. But on her she didn't even know she was pregnant !! Baby was premature but healthy thank God and the Apple of my son's eye (one more reason I thank God that abortion was not the norm when I was 16)
Guess I will have t o find out about Linda now lol
It's Michelle - I should have googled them before I posted, but relied on my faulty memory.
The point is, that she knows she is more likely to miscarry than not....and the couple is deliberately attempting to have as many more children as possible. While I truly believe this is her choice to make, I must point out that 'they take good care of their children' doesn't seem to apply to the ones that she miscarries...since they'll just keep trying, regardless of the collateral damage.
But Rose, I also must commend you on having freely admitted you have more concern about the fate of an embryo if it resides in a woman, rather than the Petri dish, freezer, or biohazard container....because you view those humans as 'artificial'.
Your honesty is reciprocally appreciated.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297462 May 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to want women to remain ignorant. I find that sad.
I don't see abortion rights as a rallying cry for the women's movement per se. I do see that criminalizing abortion again will remove medical equality women currently share with men.
As for the experimentation, not sure what you're alluding to since I didn't bring it up in this discussion.
Didn't you say that in the 1800 they were experimental abortions or something like that. to learn about women's insides?

On the other I definitely do not want women ignorant. At all. See all my last posts. The mire she knows about BC AND ABORTION the better to prevent them. I say that over and over Katie.

And sorry but all we hear about is how abortion has freed women. To hear some if the activist orgs it's the best thing to happen ..Roe I mean. When so many of them could have been avoided.

Maybe I do see it from the eyes if times. But it WAS supposed to be BC that freed us . To control our bodies. They touted sex ed too.

Then came AIDS and great reasons fir safe sex or no or less sex with men who were not going to stick around.

All I see is millions of abortions being a norm. And men free to go on their way with less reason to be responsible and nit spread disease.
Seen by looming back its like looking thru Alice's looking glass or falling down the rabbit hole.

The very things that should have made abortion rare..have not.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297463 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't pray to the one true God , you pray to the devil.
Not true.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297464 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a loon. Imo and her doctor should be disbarred. Have to wonder how many they put in her to get 8 live. And it seems the only reason she did it was to be on tv. She can support herself..thank you but feel sorry fir those kids.
Why on EARTH would you feel sorry for her kids?????

They're full of LIFE, are they not???

Isn't that the only goal??

This is where hypocrisy comes in...you think her doctor should be disbarred because she had eight kids....but the Duggars are 'following their conscience' having nineteen of them.

It's not about the fact that both women are open to life, and seeking to reproduce ad nauseum.....it's about where the money comes from to support their offspring.

And apparently is has NOTHING to do with whether their kids are 'artificial' or not.

I find it very odd that you appear more concerned about the kids Octomom had, than the ones her doctors threw in a dumpster after performing the IVF process.....

Don't you?
Gtown71

United States

#297465 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree on the modern Catholic church especially on John Paul. He did more to unite the various Christian faiths than anyone in the past.
He is also the first to acknowledge the wrongs done to the Jews in the past.
I believe the Reformation had to happen. We all have bibles today because if it. And the RCC had actual bible study. I believe all of this is a work of God to unite His people
I would be shocked, if most didn't disagree with me on this one rose :)

I do know God can use anything for His Glory, BUT what reforms have taken place?

The catholic church still teaches one gets to heaven by works. One MUST eat the god cookie in order to have god in them.

I'm not going to mention many other false things they do, since every denomination have things that are not of God mingled with things of God.

The virgin Mary was a sinner who had to be saved by grace like all others.
yet she is worshipped by many catholics along with the pope, but again many baptist hold a special place for their pastor, and should come to hear what God has to say through him.

A pastor of one of the largest churches here had a heart attack. He said he had to hurry up and get better, before the church ran out of money. So many people stopped going till he got back?!?!?

Catholics have prob gave more to charity then any other sec, but have done more harm than any other sec.

Books like "smoke screen " by Jack Chick, "look what's missing " by David Daniels, "Did the catholic church give us the bible? " by David Daniels help shed light on the catholic church.

Many well know christisns have bought into the reforms, but the catholic faith really wants others to reform BACK to the mother church, and her works based salvation tactics, not to mention, pay folks out of purgatory, with cash of course.

They've built many beautiful buildings, and done many good works in His name, but it is either grace or works that gets one to heaven. I say it is grace :)

I'll check back later, got to get my play on.

My heart is pure about this. I think soooo many people look upon priest and popes as Holy men, and they may be looking at one worse ofc then they are.

Many used to view nicodemous as a very Holy religious man. He was only a religious man, who didn't even know God, untill later on. I think he to was saved later on :)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297466 May 23, 2013
Notaplaya1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's Michelle - I should have googled them before I posted, but relied on my faulty memory.
The point is, that she knows she is more likely to miscarry than not....and the couple is deliberately attempting to have as many more children as possible. While I truly believe this is her choice to make, I must point out that 'they take good care of their children' doesn't seem to apply to the ones that she miscarries...since they'll just keep trying, regardless of the collateral damage.
But Rose, I also must commend you on having freely admitted you have more concern about the fate of an embryo if it resides in a woman, rather than the Petri dish, freezer, or biohazard container....because you view those humans as 'artificial'.
Your honesty is reciprocally appreciated.
Thanks lol I think.seriously I don't know on the embryos. Maybe potential life. Since they must be implanted and take in order to have ANY CHANCE at life..babys in the womb are Already alive is the main difference

I woukd support restrictions if given a vote. As I said.

I personally would not get preggers 20 times ever. But I took the drastic step to have my tubes tied. No abortion and no more kids that I could support. Though have to say I am sorry current hubby And I didn't have any. Had a young hysterectomy. Oh well nit meant to happen.

Imo only Michele and hubby could always adopt if they want more. So many who could use a home like theirs.
But unlike OctomomOctomoms they are,sane imo
Great Christan writer I read had I think 3 kids and adopted 3 mire from Haiti. Karen Kingsbury. Those kids are in a great family with lots of love.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297467 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
VERY true.
Gtown71

United States

#297468 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Of course Christ would know English, after all Christ is God and God knows everything.
Amen!!!
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297469 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you say that in the 1800 they were experimental abortions or something like that. to learn about women's insides?
On the other I definitely do not want women ignorant. At all. See all my last posts. The mire she knows about BC AND ABORTION the better to prevent them. I say that over and over Katie.
And sorry but all we hear about is how abortion has freed women. To hear some if the activist orgs it's the best thing to happen ..Roe I mean. When so many of them could have been avoided.
Maybe I do see it from the eyes if times. But it WAS supposed to be BC that freed us . To control our bodies. They touted sex ed too.
Then came AIDS and great reasons fir safe sex or no or less sex with men who were not going to stick around.
All I see is millions of abortions being a norm. And men free to go on their way with less reason to be responsible and nit spread disease.
Seen by looming back its like looking thru Alice's looking glass or falling down the rabbit hole.
The very things that should have made abortion rare..have not.
If you are a Christian , then you would know Artificial birth control doesn't free anyone , only enslaves them to promiscuity, abortion . And AIDs? yes, because birth control leads to more pre- extra marital sex the more diseases are spread.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297470 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is one GOD, all other gods are worthless in the end of it all.
That would include your jesus, since he is NOT g-d.

So much for your claim to even TRY to be a better christian.

Who in the hell do you think you are to tell ANYONE that their religious or spiritual beliefs are "worthless"? YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR G-D. Period.

Again, you're right back to being an opressive, offensive jackass for jesus.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#297471 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much. I was asking because I had no idea what happens for that reporting.
You can't post? You can't use your name?
I imagine everyone has been talking all day on the tornado. I really think this woman hates me.
Very strange. Thanks again
You're still here, Rose. There's not a single person on these boards who doesn't know that she has a screw loose. Don't worry about her antics.

Location hidden

#297472 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No you read correct. Jesus knew English. He also knew you would be asking this question on topixs, and I pray you start understand just how much He loves you.
Now if you will excuse me, I'm about to bring on a whole nother level of enemies, but I must speak truth as I truly believe /know it.
You are a moron. Truly.

You dont KNOW shit. You surmise, you opine, but you dont KNOW anything of the sort EXCEPT as it pertains to YOU.

You're jesus bullshit is just that: bullshit to ANYONE that doesn't belive in your version of faith. You stomping your foot and trying to demean other faiths and beliefs speaks VOLUMES about you and how phony your faith really is.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297473 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Why on EARTH would you feel sorry for her kids?????
They're full of LIFE, are they not???
Isn't that the only goal??
This is where hypocrisy comes in...you think her doctor should be disbarred because she had eight kids....but the Duggars are 'following their conscience' having nineteen of them.
It's not about the fact that both women are open to life, and seeking to reproduce ad nauseum.....it's about where the money comes from to support their offspring.
And apparently is has NOTHING to do with whether their kids are 'artificial' or not.
I find it very odd that you appear more concerned about the kids Octomom had, than the ones her doctors threw in a dumpster after performing the IVF process.....
Don't you?
I just posted an answer to some of this. I thought to you but nit signed in you??
Was that not you??

The part where I don't know on the Petri dish embryos. Potential life .
He should be disbarred for fertilizing so many eggs to begin with. And have to think He implanted even more th a the 8'

I do feel sorry for her kids Mom is nuts and greedy imo.
Had no way to care for them.

Duggars from what I have read just now had that. But as,I said in post to other you. If It was me and I wanted many ..woukd have adopted some IF I COULD AFFORD IT. Imo
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297474 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would be shocked, if most didn't disagree with me on this one rose :)
I do know God can use anything for His Glory, BUT what reforms have taken place?
The catholic church still teaches one gets to heaven by works. One MUST eat the god cookie in order to have god in them.
I'm not going to mention many other false things they do, since every denomination have things that are not of God mingled with things of God.
The virgin Mary was a sinner who had to be saved by grace like all others.
yet she is worshipped by many catholics along with the pope, but again many baptist hold a special place for their pastor, and should come to hear what God has to say through him.
A pastor of one of the largest churches here had a heart attack. He said he had to hurry up and get better, before the church ran out of money. So many people stopped going till he got back?!?!?
Catholics have prob gave more to charity then any other sec, but have done more harm than any other sec.
Books like "smoke screen " by Jack Chick, "look what's missing " by David Daniels, "Did the catholic church give us the bible? " by David Daniels help shed light on the catholic church.
Many well know christisns have bought into the reforms, but the catholic faith really wants others to reform BACK to the mother church, and her works based salvation tactics, not to mention, pay folks out of purgatory, with cash of course.
They've built many beautiful buildings, and done many good works in His name, but it is either grace or works that gets one to heaven. I say it is grace :)
I'll check back later, got to get my play on.
My heart is pure about this. I think soooo many people look upon priest and popes as Holy men, and they may be looking at one worse ofc then they are.
Many used to view nicodemous as a very Holy religious man. He was only a religious man, who didn't even know God, untill later on. I think he to was saved later on :)
God cookie? The Eucharist is Christ. False teachings? No because Christ started the Church. I would say the protestants are the ones with false teachings after all they were founded by man and not Christ. what is so false? Read abut the Last Supper and then attend Mass . Irts both , Grace and good works, helping someone because you see the face of Christ. This is what the Church is all about.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297475 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks lol I think.seriously I don't know on the embryos. Maybe potential life. Since they must be implanted and take in order to have ANY CHANCE at life..babys in the womb are Already alive is the main difference
I woukd support restrictions if given a vote. As I said.
I personally would not get preggers 20 times ever. But I took the drastic step to have my tubes tied. No abortion and no more kids that I could support. Though have to say I am sorry current hubby And I didn't have any. Had a young hysterectomy. Oh well nit meant to happen.
Imo only Michele and hubby could always adopt if they want more. So many who could use a home like theirs.
But unlike OctomomOctomoms they are,sane imo
Great Christan writer I read had I think 3 kids and adopted 3 mire from Haiti. Karen Kingsbury. Those kids are in a great family with lots of love.
Potentual life? We are already a life when we are conceived . this is why I doubt you, only the pro choice believe its a potentual life.

Location hidden

#297476 May 23, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
People must MUST believe things like abortion is no more killing of life, as a guy spilling his seed on the ground.
Or try and ask about frozen embryols.
It is all kinda playing God imo
People try to avoid the SIN question. Either they don't believe in SIN or they beileve its self inflicted nonsense.
Yet I believe when an abortion takes place, it effects many others, other then self.
God bless you rose! I must get my "play on ", since my daughter is out of school, and tells me, if we are going to get our play on, we better get started. Lol
I pray my remarks about the catholic faith, is taken in love, but I can only say what I believe.
I like the new pope, but just afraid of what he believes. I also do not see this trying to pull all religions together as a good thing.
I admit christians should pull together, but trying to say, christians, muslims, and others should unite, is a very dangerous thing.
I can kinda imagine the backlash I'll recieve after my comments, but any true christians should be able to see a major difference in grace and works.
I pray God guides my post much more now. I believe prayer does work :)
Nice to see you're also an azzhole regarding OTHER christians as well. You're an equal opportunity moron.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#297477 May 23, 2013
Seems the computer gods heard my prayer last week. My computer is refreshed and back to factory settings. Of course that means I'll have to access every website manually and let the cookies download... so will be slower for a bit.

The computer began healing itself right after I posted to Rose.

Anyway, will get to other posts later this afternoon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Teaman 1,459,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 32,615
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Wed Go Blue Forever 59
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Dec 6 ChristineM 258,041
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web