Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297407 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Musy have missed something. Did reply to Katie on a
Post about Roe. Goita read backwards if you think I missed something..
Not a post about Roe. Did I miss a post from you concerning whether or not you approve of the In-Vitro Fertilization Process?

Seeing as how thousands of fertilized human ova (still human, still with human DNA) are routinely disposed of when they are not selected for implantation in a uterus??

Was wondering what your position is, on criminalizing the IVF process, due to the above fact. When they are located in a petri dish or a cryogenic freezer, or a biohazard bag at the bottom of a dumpster, do you still give them a passing thought?

Or is it just the disposal of the ones previously in a woman's womb, that bother you?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297408 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok on the froazen embryos. Knotty question..I know I and a lot of others think they should never be used for experiments. And they have been very vocal on that. when I think of that it gives me the creeps.
The usr of stem cells from embryos is a very vocal protest. And I am not sure. But adukt cells seem to have mire success. Why not buy umbilucal cords with parents consent. I bet if these labs promised to save some for FREE they woukd get a lotvof takers..(save cells for the babies they come from)
I think there is/are are groups trying to get them used/adopted.
To say we dont care about something thatcalready exists is unfair. If I had charge of an infertility clinic..I would ..just as one idea..offer incentives in cases where hubby has no sperm or they are incompatibe or woman had no eggs to use already fertilized embryos. That might affect their bottom line so I doubt that is popular.
But why not donate embryos to poor people who cannot afford adootion or fertility treatments. Be the PL people l i ke me have no sway with the running if these places. And no control how they dispose of them
As for born children..there are tons of charities and public organizations. And those Crisis centers do a lot to helpnthe new mothers or help with adoptions. Wr coukd do more I agree..but many PL give a lot more than lip service.
Do you support criminalizing IVF, or think of the folks (Doctors and parents alike) who dispose of the extraneous embryos as 'murderers'?
That's what I was wondering.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297409 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not a post about Roe. Did I miss a post from you concerning whether or not you approve of the In-Vitro Fertilization Process?
Seeing as how thousands of fertilized human ova (still human, still with human DNA) are routinely disposed of when they are not selected for implantation in a uterus??
Was wondering what your position is, on criminalizing the IVF process, due to the above fact. When they are located in a petri dish or a cryogenic freezer, or a biohazard bag at the bottom of a dumpster, do you still give them a passing thought?
Or is it just the disposal of the ones previously in a woman's womb, that bother you?
See last post . Was late last nite posted to Katie on Roe. Didnt catch that one so many off topic posts to read thru.lol got distracted.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297410 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not a post about Roe. Did I miss a post from you concerning whether or not you approve of the In-Vitro Fertilization Process?
I see that Rose did answer. She's honest that way.

But even she is not getting the point, I don't think.

I see the point. That if it was really about the "babies", then these people would be putting just as much pressure on the IVF clinics, would be just as vocal, and would be trying to pass restrictive laws against them, and would be protesting outside of all of them the same way they do with clinics that perform abortions. That is, if they REALLY believe it's a "baby" at fertilization. But they aren't, proving to me that it's not the "babies" they are really concerned with, it's the woman making her own choices about her own body.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297411 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the point. That if it was really about the "babies", then these people would be putting just as much pressure on the IVF clinics, would be just as vocal, and would be trying to pass restrictive laws against them, and would be protesting outside of all of them the same way they do with clinics that perform abortions. That is, if they REALLY believe it's a "baby" at fertilization. But they aren't, proving to me that it's not the "babies" they are really concerned with, it's the woman making her own choices about her own body.
Exactly.

The embryos are just as dead...just not in a womb before their demise.

Where's the outrage? Where's the opprobrium? Where are the calls to end the process?

Crickets.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297412 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support criminalizing IVF, or think of the folks (Doctors and parents alike) who dispose of the extraneous embryos as 'murderers'?
That's what I was wondering.
IVF can be a blessing. But I do feel they destroy life when they dump them . So no not criminalize but maybe make less to go wasted. As I say I have no control on how they do it. But woukd definitely. Rather see them adopted. Or used again by the parents. Of course a good number die in the womb..so use them more maybe. Leave it to God if tgey implant.(Or fate if you rather) as I said letting them grOw further further to experiment Should be criminal for sure.

The frozen embryos though at the systemically frozen. Do not at that point have a hope of life where they are..

I ADMIT fully I have more care on abortion. For me it will akways be a woman killing her own child. If you see an ultrasound and hear a heartbeat how can anyone nit we it as her cHild.. IMo..though I know you disagree.
Women's pregnant bodies naturally nurture. And as I said a lot.

I think think abortions as bad for the mom..though not fatal as it is for the child. Imo

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297413 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
See last post . Was late last nite posted to Katie on Roe. Didnt catch that one so many off topic posts to read thru.lol got distracted.
No woman gets pregnant for the purpose of killing her embryo.

In-Vitro Fertilization DELIBERATELY conceives an abundance of human embryos, KNOWING FULL WELL that some of them will be killed.

IMO, IVF is worse than abortion, as it deliberately sets up fertilized ova for death.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#297414 May 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you idiots come from anyway??@@ I mean seriously, is there a club or a chain letter you twits send around to spam random boards with this meaningless crap?
Profound and thought provoking response.
Do all 24,000 of your posts contain such amazing insight?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297415 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't go out side any clinic personally. I don't want to see them dumped or experimented on.

Life inside the womb is already alive. Only God knows what state if any are those in petrie dishes. Or frozen tanks. Do they have souls. I don't know and I admit it. Will they be souvenir implanted. No idea.
They are ARTificially made. So another question for the afterlife.

I think there should be restrictions and everybody made to use them. Adopt them ..make less if them to start with. But honestly don't know the answer.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297417 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No woman gets pregnant for the purpose of killing her embryo.
In-Vitro Fertilization DELIBERATELY conceives an abundance of human embryos, KNOWING FULL WELL that some of them will be killed.
IMO, IVF is worse than abortion, as it deliberately sets up fertilized ova for death.
See last post before this. There should be restrictions maybe on the number made. Using them ..And you have a very good point on intent.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#297418 May 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Bottom line is that no one can prove the existence of a god. Some people died, most didn't. Prayers had nothing to do with it, either way. Unless, you are the one that can prove it....get back to us on that:-)
Whether or not God or any divine entity exists is a totally different question.
The discussion was about the reasons why some prayers might be answered and some might not. The discussion was essentially hypothetical and presupposed the existence of a divine entity capable of answering prayer.

You are more shallow than I first assumed.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297420 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No woman gets pregnant for the purpose of killing her embryo.
One more point. I know women don't get pregnant to have abortions.

But many don't take the care to prevent pregnancy. True some are from fail ed attempts at contraception. But that is nit the while story. BC is just not that bad. Many (I knowing two personally)..use abortion as their fall back. And imo there is no reason for it.
Can we legislate a woman can only get one..get two. No we can't.

It's the culture we live in that holds life in such low esteem...even if you go by testimony AFTER it is born alive.

Go back to my mantra. In this day and age it shows baldly for women and hard fought for rights that abortion occurs so often. Imo

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297421 May 23, 2013
I suspect most, if not all, SCPL folks, give IVF a pass because the ostensible purpose is to get a woman pregnant. But in that case, those 'extraneous' embryos are just collateral damage.

They are still just as dead at the end of it.

Which is why, when asked about the deliberateness of their demise, SCPL talk about **anything** else, and desperately avoid the question.

The question is: Do you care about human life, or merely about the fact that life is carried around in a human woman?

Petri dishes, evidently, don't have the cachet of wombs....

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297422 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IVF can be a blessing. But I do feel they destroy life when they dump them . So no not criminalize but maybe make less to go wasted. As I say I have no control on how they do it. But woukd definitely. Rather see them adopted. Or used again by the parents. Of course a good number die in the womb..so use them more maybe. Leave it to God if tgey implant.(Or fate if you rather) as I said letting them grOw further further to experiment Should be criminal for sure.
The frozen embryos though at the systemically frozen. Do not at that point have a hope of life where they are..
I ADMIT fully I have more care on abortion. For me it will akways be a woman killing her own child. If you see an ultrasound and hear a heartbeat how can anyone nit we it as her cHild.. IMo..though I know you disagree.
I think think abortions as bad for the mom..though not fatal as it is for the child. Imo
Using them all and leaving it "to God" is what gave us Octomom. You know that, right?
Gtown71

United States

#297423 May 23, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree, they obviously don't care about the babies born and the resulting children who need food, a roof over their heads, clothing, school supplies, etc. Will go a step further in their ability to us pregnancy as a punishment, a means to get a "wayward" girl to confess her sins, throw money in the collection plate, and bring another in for the headcount in the house of worship.
Lol - you know its not the "job " of others to take care of others kids, but those who care would do sonething.

Now is this wayward yuong lady broke, or throwing money in the offering plate??? See the oximorom in your statement? You can't have it both ways katie.

I was a high school suprvisor in a "christisn " school, and no, all who go to a christian school are not christian, most were kids that had been kicked out of public school.

Although I wish it didn't happen, there were 4-6 young girls, age 15-17 who got pregnant one year, and had the babies. I know what road these girls were headed down.

Having a baby, and not having lots of money, depending on others, is one of the greatest things that happened to them. Two of them are my friends on fb.

Their post went from party party, get drunk drunk, have sex, have sex, to I LOVE MY BABY, SHE /HE IS MY WORLD :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297424 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to let you in on a little secret Rose. I too think that abortion can be hard on women, both physically and emotionally...but I also know that it usually isn't.

And what's more, if it is hard on women, I know that the hue and cry from the SCPL side isn't making it any easier....which is pretty much the point of the SCPL side. The agenda is to MAKE it hard on women....by manipulating that maternal instinct you're so sure should reside in every female.

Insidious.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297425 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Using them all and leaving it "to God" is what gave us Octomom. You know that, right?
Oh yes, let's discuss that one!

Who here is anxious to support Octomom, in her quest to raise 14 kids on welfare???

She's pretty pro-life.

Personally, I think women like her should be poster-kids for the SCPL movement.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297426 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know the history of the Catholic Church, if you did, you would never have left the church.
Reported. Just 'cuz.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297427 May 23, 2013
Rally round the Duggars, too....unless there's going to be a discussion about them deliberately trying to get Linda pregnant again, knowing she's more likely to miscarry than not....
(Oh, wait, nobody gets pregnant just in order to kill...
er...
well...)

Oh man, I should really make some more popcorn...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297429 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
I suspect most, if not all, SCPL folks, give IVF a pass because the ostensible purpose is to get a woman pregnant. But in that case, those 'extraneous' embryos are just collateral damage.
They are still just as dead at the end of it.
Which is why, when asked about the deliberateness of their demise, SCPL talk about **anything** else, and desperately avoid the question.
The question is: Do you care about human life, or merely about the fact that life is carried around in a human woman?
Petri dishes, evidently, don't have the cachet of wombs....
I agree there should be more restrictions. And no more octomoms. Make say eight .implant 4 at a time. If there are that many eggs
Make less eggs or agree to use them yourself within 2 years of adopt them them out.
I honestly don't know the answer. I am not sure they have souls either as they have no real potential till implanted. I think many of us are as clueless as I am to tell the truth.

The abortion issue has no cachet. I find it sad to the nth degree.
Those babies..whatever stage they are at are alive in their womb and purposely have their lives ended. And it does not HAVE to occur in such great numbers!!!IMHO. THAT is definitely more frustrating to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Agents of Corruption 1,406,183
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Eagle 12 256,125
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Trojan 32,308
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 27 IB DaMann 9,991
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 25 NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web