Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313703 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#297392 May 23, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is you are analyzing the concept of prayers answered vs. prayers unanswered from the perspective of a mortal who can't possibly comprehend or fathom the reason or method behind a divine being's choices. I don't claim to be able to understand either but let's speculate and say that the possibility exists that the loss of a child, while tragic, caused a parent to develop character, strength and will to become and accomplish great things and impact thousands of subsequent lives that he/she may otherwise have not. Or maybe one of more of those children would grow up to be a serial killer, or maybe grow up to be the doctor who saved a potential serial killer or terrorist and thereby allowing the for the deaths of thousands. Things that you would have condemned an omnipotent being for had he known and still allowed to happen. Bottom line is none of knows and it is pure folly to even think that we do understand or could ever comprehend why some prayers are answered and some are not.
You sound like a bitter and extremely cynical person and frankly from an intelligence standpoint, quite shallow.
Lol. Bottom line is that no one can prove the existence of a god. Some people died, most didn't. Prayers had nothing to do with it, either way. Unless, you are the one that can prove it....get back to us on that:-)
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297393 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah as I said I shouldn't have tried pointing out the obvious. And I know she is ticked on the history of the church.
She disliked anyone not Catholic. Which her popes both John Paul and Francis is not what God wants. Oh well.
Thanks again.
You don't know the history of the Catholic Church, if you did, you would never have left the church.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297395 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Being off topic is not an offense against the TOS, but guess what is? Harrassing someone, which is what you are doing to Rose. You've been reported for that before, haven't you "read this"? Keep it up, and you will be reported again. Mind your own damned posts.
well then , I can report you for harassing me which I have in the past and will again.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#297396 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I've been trying very hard to advance this same view here, for as long as I've been here.
I realize the SCPL is trying very hard to shape this debate around 'the little babies'....but in reality, it's all about curtailing and controlling the sex lives and reproductive choices of women. Always has been.
They don't care what those little babies' quality of life is, and what's more, the only fertilized eggs they give a rat's hind portion about are the ones in a uterus.
The hypocrisy and dishonesty is palpable when you talk about the disposal of extraneous embryos from IVF, and all you get is crickets.
But that does help to make it obvious what the real agenda is.
Petri dishes are just not as fun to control.
True, not one PLr has responded to your questions. Hmmmm....

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297397 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know the history of the Catholic Church, if you did, you would never have left the church.
Reported.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297398 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>well then , I can report you for harassing me which I have in the past and will again.
Sorry, but responding to your harassment, is not harassment.

And if you've actually reported me (given how much you lie, I doubt you actually have), then Topix knows I've never harassed you, because I didn't get even a warning. So good luck with that.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297399 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>well then , I can report you for harassing me which I have in the past and will again.
Reported.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297400 May 23, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>True, not one PLr has responded to your questions. Hmmmm....
I know, right??

(Not even Rose.)

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#297401 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know the history of the Catholic Church, if you did, you would never have left the church.
This is not a religion forum.

If you want to discuss catholicism go to priestspopesandpedophiles.com

Reported.

Off topic.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297402 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I know, right??
(Not even Rose.)
Musy have missed something. Did reply to Katie on a

Post about Roe. Goita read backwards if you think I missed something..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297403 May 23, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
Knutbar, you haven't figured out by now that you're as big a joke to Topix mods as you are to us? ROFLMAO!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297404 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I know, right??
(Not even Rose.)
Ok on the froazen embryos. Knotty question..I know I and a lot of others think they should never be used for experiments. And they have been very vocal on that. when I think of that it gives me the creeps.
The usr of stem cells from embryos is a very vocal protest. And I am not sure. But adukt cells seem to have mire success. Why not buy umbilucal cords with parents consent. I bet if these labs promised to save some for FREE they woukd get a lotvof takers..(save cells for the babies they come from)

I think there is/are are groups trying to get them used/adopted.

To say we dont care about something thatcalready exists is unfair. If I had charge of an infertility clinic..I would ..just as one idea..offer incentives in cases where hubby has no sperm or they are incompatibe or woman had no eggs to use already fertilized embryos. That might affect their bottom line so I doubt that is popular.

But why not donate embryos to poor people who cannot afford adootion or fertility treatments. Be the PL people l i ke me have no sway with the running if these places. And no control how they dispose of them

As for born children..there are tons of charities and public organizations. And those Crisis centers do a lot to helpnthe new mothers or help with adoptions. Wr coukd do more I agree..but many PL give a lot more than lip service.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297405 May 23, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Knutbar, you haven't figured out by now that you're as big a joke to Topix mods as you are to us? ROFLMAO!
Hey foo gm

I honestly used to think she wss a very devout Catholic with a deep caring for the unborn. She may be that anf I feel sorry if she is that way in person.
But if she posted about demons and grandchildren there is nothing remotely Catholic about that. And that is sad.

Will honestly pray for het as I think some illness at work. Onky Gid kniws her true heart. But she does not refkect Him well with statements like that..if she is that poster. Only my opinion.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297407 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Musy have missed something. Did reply to Katie on a
Post about Roe. Goita read backwards if you think I missed something..
Not a post about Roe. Did I miss a post from you concerning whether or not you approve of the In-Vitro Fertilization Process?

Seeing as how thousands of fertilized human ova (still human, still with human DNA) are routinely disposed of when they are not selected for implantation in a uterus??

Was wondering what your position is, on criminalizing the IVF process, due to the above fact. When they are located in a petri dish or a cryogenic freezer, or a biohazard bag at the bottom of a dumpster, do you still give them a passing thought?

Or is it just the disposal of the ones previously in a woman's womb, that bother you?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297408 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok on the froazen embryos. Knotty question..I know I and a lot of others think they should never be used for experiments. And they have been very vocal on that. when I think of that it gives me the creeps.
The usr of stem cells from embryos is a very vocal protest. And I am not sure. But adukt cells seem to have mire success. Why not buy umbilucal cords with parents consent. I bet if these labs promised to save some for FREE they woukd get a lotvof takers..(save cells for the babies they come from)
I think there is/are are groups trying to get them used/adopted.
To say we dont care about something thatcalready exists is unfair. If I had charge of an infertility clinic..I would ..just as one idea..offer incentives in cases where hubby has no sperm or they are incompatibe or woman had no eggs to use already fertilized embryos. That might affect their bottom line so I doubt that is popular.
But why not donate embryos to poor people who cannot afford adootion or fertility treatments. Be the PL people l i ke me have no sway with the running if these places. And no control how they dispose of them
As for born children..there are tons of charities and public organizations. And those Crisis centers do a lot to helpnthe new mothers or help with adoptions. Wr coukd do more I agree..but many PL give a lot more than lip service.
Do you support criminalizing IVF, or think of the folks (Doctors and parents alike) who dispose of the extraneous embryos as 'murderers'?
That's what I was wondering.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297409 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not a post about Roe. Did I miss a post from you concerning whether or not you approve of the In-Vitro Fertilization Process?
Seeing as how thousands of fertilized human ova (still human, still with human DNA) are routinely disposed of when they are not selected for implantation in a uterus??
Was wondering what your position is, on criminalizing the IVF process, due to the above fact. When they are located in a petri dish or a cryogenic freezer, or a biohazard bag at the bottom of a dumpster, do you still give them a passing thought?
Or is it just the disposal of the ones previously in a woman's womb, that bother you?
See last post . Was late last nite posted to Katie on Roe. Didnt catch that one so many off topic posts to read thru.lol got distracted.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297410 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not a post about Roe. Did I miss a post from you concerning whether or not you approve of the In-Vitro Fertilization Process?
I see that Rose did answer. She's honest that way.

But even she is not getting the point, I don't think.

I see the point. That if it was really about the "babies", then these people would be putting just as much pressure on the IVF clinics, would be just as vocal, and would be trying to pass restrictive laws against them, and would be protesting outside of all of them the same way they do with clinics that perform abortions. That is, if they REALLY believe it's a "baby" at fertilization. But they aren't, proving to me that it's not the "babies" they are really concerned with, it's the woman making her own choices about her own body.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297411 May 23, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that Rose did answer. She's honest that way.
But even she is not getting the point, I don't think.
I see the point. That if it was really about the "babies", then these people would be putting just as much pressure on the IVF clinics, would be just as vocal, and would be trying to pass restrictive laws against them, and would be protesting outside of all of them the same way they do with clinics that perform abortions. That is, if they REALLY believe it's a "baby" at fertilization. But they aren't, proving to me that it's not the "babies" they are really concerned with, it's the woman making her own choices about her own body.
Exactly.

The embryos are just as dead...just not in a womb before their demise.

Where's the outrage? Where's the opprobrium? Where are the calls to end the process?

Crickets.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297412 May 23, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do you support criminalizing IVF, or think of the folks (Doctors and parents alike) who dispose of the extraneous embryos as 'murderers'?
That's what I was wondering.
IVF can be a blessing. But I do feel they destroy life when they dump them . So no not criminalize but maybe make less to go wasted. As I say I have no control on how they do it. But woukd definitely. Rather see them adopted. Or used again by the parents. Of course a good number die in the womb..so use them more maybe. Leave it to God if tgey implant.(Or fate if you rather) as I said letting them grOw further further to experiment Should be criminal for sure.

The frozen embryos though at the systemically frozen. Do not at that point have a hope of life where they are..

I ADMIT fully I have more care on abortion. For me it will akways be a woman killing her own child. If you see an ultrasound and hear a heartbeat how can anyone nit we it as her cHild.. IMo..though I know you disagree.
Women's pregnant bodies naturally nurture. And as I said a lot.

I think think abortions as bad for the mom..though not fatal as it is for the child. Imo

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297413 May 23, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
See last post . Was late last nite posted to Katie on Roe. Didnt catch that one so many off topic posts to read thru.lol got distracted.
No woman gets pregnant for the purpose of killing her embryo.

In-Vitro Fertilization DELIBERATELY conceives an abundance of human embryos, KNOWING FULL WELL that some of them will be killed.

IMO, IVF is worse than abortion, as it deliberately sets up fertilized ova for death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,510,469
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr WherePhart 32,834
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,478
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web