Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,560
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297208 May 22, 2013
rosrsz wrote:
<quoted text>:
There were a lot of uplifting stories . And they all said they prayed
So, the ones who lost their children...how did all that prayer help them?

Did God spare some kids because their parents prayed harder?

Or did he just say 'yes' to some, and 'no' to others, arbitrarily?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297209 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So, the ones who lost their children...how did all that prayer help them?
THEY are a prayerful people.:) everyone interviewed said that. Thrones that said that seemed to feel he answered.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297210 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, but I REALLY wanted to reach out and birth smack the reporter that stood there as she had to ASK for them to help her.@@
Well probably thought it was a better photo opinion if she did it.

Everything is made for tv dontcha know.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297211 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, but I REALLY wanted to reach out and birth smack the reporter that stood there as she had to ASK for them to help her.@@
I researched it and it's like the reporter was hoping for bigger comments . Woman says I know exactly what happened. Great old lady.

Gotta wonder why didn't someone give the dog water like a camera guy or someone. Hope they did after.

Anyone remember those reporters covering Katrina. After the storm right outside the dome. They kept saying they were hungry thirsty and stranded as the cameras rolled.

I kept hoping the reporters would DO something .anything. was praying they did when interview over. But an hour later they would go back to that scene .looked like same people waiting.

Would have made more story for me if they had cases of water at least for the people.(And maybe they did..I hope) But they didn't show that as far as I saw.:(
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297212 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So, the ones who lost their children...how did all that prayer help them?
Especially that teacher that was with all those kids in the bathroom.
The night before they thought every kid a goner

The lady with the dog too.

Was it you yesterday told me that is the way They live there?

I was just commenting on the interviews:) not on whose prayers were answered. Or why.
Free chat

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#297213 May 22, 2013
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#297214 May 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Hell, is just like the county jail anyway. It's where the lost go at death, untill they are judged at the white throne judgement. It will be full of folks, with every excuse in the world, may even be some who say a guy called feces for Jesus said that hell wasn't real, and I didn't like how gtown wrote. He was to harsh.
Then they are cast into the lake of fire, which may or may not be in YOUR bible.
Jesus spoke 13 times about Hell for every 1 time about Heaven. He came to keep people from going there. He took it very seriously, and you truly should as well.
Let me get this straight..........

Your claim is that jesus spoke about "hell" 13 times ...... 700 years before the first recorded use of the word hel/hell?

Was your fabled jesus a time traveler?

The facts suggest that jesus (if he even existed) most likely did not use the word Hel/hel. That is, unless you want to believe he was a time traveler, a teleporter, and that he knew and spoke Old English and then distorted the meaning of the word.

I'm certain you'll turn a blind eye toward the facts and puke more about what you believe and try to pass your beliefs off as facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell#Etymology_a...

Go and check out the section on ETYMOLOGY. Maybe you'll learn something.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297215 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The night before they thought every kid a goner
I was just commenting on the interviews:) not on whose prayers were answered. Or why.
Yes, and this business of "God sent this tornado, but he's going to keep me safe from it if I pray," is what I get so tired of hearing. Sorry, Rose, but I find it so frustrating when the prayer itself is considered more important than the results. If that's the case, why pray?

Results are what is needed - keeping people safe, and taking care of them is done by people, because if God was going to do it, He would just do it. There wouldn't be anything to be safe FROM.

The parents and teachers of the kids who drowned, and likely the kids themselves, were praying too. Did God answer the prayers of the other teachers and parents, and the lady and her dog, but not those 22 kids?

It's entirely arbitrary.

It's as a ringing cymbal, a clanging gong....just noise.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#297216 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The night before they thought every kid a goner.
If you make comments about prayers being answered (which you implied) you must expect to be asked to comment about the prayers that weren't answered. I'll bet you $1000 that many, if not most of the loved ones of those who died are "prayerful people," and prayed damn hard for their survival, also.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297218 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Oh my

the string and the eruvs. At thAt point in policemen book. Herbivore island

Hubby worked for foundation company. Lol. They almost literally ran into the strings in Miami beach in order to get a crane in to do their work. Big negotiatiwons. I think they resolved them let them go in as long as they were were put back up by the Sabbath. Seems they have them all over the beach.

When I first moved to Fla. The only place you could get any deli food was Wolfies on Miami Beach. No bagels anywhere else .either. would be a real outing just to go eat!!!!

Was used to new York:(

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#297219 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THEY are a prayerful people.:) everyone interviewed said that. Thrones that said that seemed to feel he answered.
Not everyone....http://www.salon.c om/2013/05/22/tornado_survivor _to_wolf_blitzer_sorry_im_an_a theist_i_dont_have_to_thank_th e_lord/

Nice to see you, Rose.

“CRITICAL THINKING -- try it.”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#297220 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry about the broken link.

Try, http://www.salon.com/2013/05/22/tornado_survi...

If it doesn't work you can google the terms and it will show up on Salon, or here's another:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/21/cnns-wo...

I found it refreshing.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297221 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and this business of "God sent this tornado, but he's going to keep me safe from it if I pray," is what I get so tired of hearing. Sorry, Rose, but I find it so frustrating when the prayer itself is considered more important than the results. If that's the case, why pray?
Results are what is needed - keeping people safe, and taking care of them is done by people, because if God was going to do it, He would just do it. There wouldn't be anything to be safe FROM.
The parents and teachers of the kids who drowned, and likely the kids themselves, were praying too. Did God answer the prayers of the other teachers and parents, and the lady and her dog, but not those 22 kids?
It's entirely arbitrary.
It's as a ringing cymbal, a clanging gong....just noise.
Not going to argue again. Just to say He set up nature .He does not send this storm or that . They follow conditions that cause them.

When we have heaven on earth someday.. there will be no storms. Until then there will. This goes back to blaming God for each bad thing. Even though not seeming to believe in Him

From your posts about the you seem to feel man had something to do with this weather. Ok .
I think it comes in cycles . That I have seen for myself here in Fla.

Hurricanes bad in the sixties. Then not for decades. Now we get more.

It's the laws of nature responding to conditions that occur. It's tragic . I hate it. It scares me .

But my comment was about the people who were thankful to be saved.
They have a great spirit. Most of them seemed to say we will recover.
AGAIN this all came from an NBC news special.

I wasn't starting up another conversation about the God I believe in. REALLY. Told you before I am obviously not qualified to not be a,stumbling block to others .:)

as I said just reporting on the people. What hero's there were..And what THEY said. I wanted tough each and every one if them.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297222 May 22, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>If you make comments about prayers being answered (which you implied) you must expect to be asked to comment about the prayers that weren't answered. I'll bet you $1000 that many, if not most of the loved ones of those who died are "prayerful people," and prayed damn hard for their survival, also.
Please see post to playa. I was saying what every one said to the reporters. Period. I have what I believe but was Not sharing that.

I admire these folks big-time.

Atrisco Village

#297223 May 22, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry about the broken link.
Try, http://www.salon.com/2013/05/22/tornado_survi...
If it doesn't work you can google the terms and it will show up on Salon, or here's another:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/21/cnns-wo...
I found it refreshing.
Very refreshing. And gracious.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297224 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
One more thing on the people . And the story. According to it they have been trying to jump through hoops from Fema to get more basements built.
They are determined the new school will have them!!! And good on them..shame on Fema. Or whatever stops them . AGSIN mistreating what they said. The reporters on that.
The people were so nice. Not cursing or blaming. That is what impressed me.

Atrisco Village

#297225 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please see post to playa. I was saying what every one said to the reporters. Period. I have what I believe but was Not sharing that.
I admire these folks big-time.
Yup, it's the people that took action and the people that deserve the kudos.
Gtown71

United States

#297226 May 22, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight..........
Your claim is that jesus spoke about "hell" 13 times ...... 700 years before the first recorded use of the word hel/hell?
Was your fabled jesus a time traveler?
The facts suggest that jesus (if he even existed) most likely did not use the word Hel/hel. That is, unless you want to believe he was a time traveler, a teleporter, and that he knew and spoke Old English and then distorted the meaning of the word.
I'm certain you'll turn a blind eye toward the facts and puke more about what you believe and try to pass your beliefs off as facts.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell#Etymology_a...
Go and check out the section on ETYMOLOGY. Maybe you'll learn something.
Why do many who claim the bible is fake, believe anything written against it, is true?

Not saying you, but you trust the source you rely on, could it be, becouse you hate thinking there may just be a Hell? Join the crowd.

When I looked uo my Sin, I didn't like what it said ONE BIT!
AND I TRIED looking it up in another spot "IN THE SAME BIBLE " YET IT SAID THE SAME THING, AND I HATED IT AS WELL. BUT VERY THANKFUL I DIDN'T DO A INTERNET SEARCH, AND FOUND SOMETHING TELLING ME I'M ALL GOOD.

INSTEAD THE WORD OF GOD SAID I'M ALL BAD, AND HE IS ALL GOOD, AND HE CAN MAKE ME GOOD, IN HIS EYES, WHICH IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

HE DID A WEEK OR TWO LATER.

No jesus didn't say hell, since He didnt use english "He knew english, now that I'm thinking about it " but didn't use english.

If He was here in us today, He would say Hell. People know what that means.

The word rapture, is not in the bible either, but the phrase, they shall be caught up together and forever with the Lord is. My version on that, look it up, if you wish.

A dark place where there will be nashing of teeth is there, call it what you will, it was prepared for the devil and his angels, so it is not a good place.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297227 May 22, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, it's the people that took action and the people that deserve the kudos.
Totally agree. Just saying they all said on THAT program they prayed.
Did Gwd give inspiration to use the bathrooms. I can believe He might have. DID He help anyone. PERSONALLY I believe He did. And not asking anyone to agree. Even if only their belief helped them ..they all said they prayed. As I did in storms. BIG time. But that did not stop me from putting up shutters!!

But those people did help themselves. And the ones I saw..instead of crying and cursing were obviously survivors. And they thanked the God they believe on that things were not worse.

And I an thankful at least on this program the news reporters were not interviewing the parents of the victims. Maybe the lady on that. Other shows who didn't think to help the old lady was out looking for them.who knows but NBC showed a lot of class in this story.

I hate when they run after people who are suffering to get a story like what I saw after Katrina.(Nit giving them water and such..at least on camera) I have seen them ask like murder victims families..which we see a lot here. How do you feel about your wife..etc getting shot down in broad daylight. Makes me want to yell at reporters!!

Anyway I still have those people in Moore in my prayers.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297230 May 22, 2013
C Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone....http://www.salon.c om/2013/05/22/tornado_survivor _to_wolf_blitzer_sorry_im_an_a theist_i_dont_have_to_thank_th e_lord/
Nice to see you, Rose.
Saw your link.

The report I was speaking on was last nite an NBC special.

But your link showed also the strength of those people for sure. She didn't holler at Blitzer. Didn't make a big deal. Was just glad to be alive. And said what she said. Good on her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 min Bruin For Life 27,363
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 min dumper 200,937
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,109,401
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min KiMare 227,416
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••