Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,961)

Showing posts 279,201 - 279,220 of303,261
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
And how do you know this? More importantly, why should that matter to me?

Lol she keeps saying that or that I'm not me. Has scratching about director some odd reason
worships reality

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!! I wrote it so I KNOW it was sarcasm. Damn, your tantrums last a long time. You denied having said that it was a "debacle" and I just proved you wrong by providing your actual statement.
you're a liar. i positively did not deny having said it was a debacle. i denied having said what "you" quoted me as saying, which was....mixing up a colon and semi colon was a debacle.
what i said was what she did was a debacle, and what she did was a lell of a lot more than simply mix up a colon and a semi colon.

now be a good little liar and show everyone where i denied having said what she did was a debacle.

lmao.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Katrina broke my heart. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities in the world. I grew up in Gretna.
Was very glad, however, that I was not fated to be a resident when that storm hit - the way it was handled, both locally and Federally, was utterly criminal.
I fell in love last year with an HBO series called 'Treme'. It was already two seasons in when I started watching, and this year will be the fourth, and last, season of the show. Do you watch it?
I live in Tulsa now, and the storms left Tulsans will well-soaked earth. That's about it. Where I am, we didn't even get high winds or hail. But Moore is going to need lots of time, effort, money, and compassion, for years after this. The destruction and loss of life was crippling.
Friend of ours runs a roofing company - he and his crews have been there since 3pm yesterday, and will be repairing roof damage to what homes were left standing, for the next several weeks. If I know John, he'll be doing a lot of it pro bono. He's that kind of guy.
The city I was in when I heard residences ran to basement was Okmulgee. They said at that time late 60s they never got hit.

But thought hurricanes were scary. My lunchcounter patrons where I worked. Lol. Told me don't be afraid we'll protect you ..such nice people!!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Grrrrr when I heard sirens not residencies..dang Madame.kindle.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The religion you people put forth does not portray a Deity of unconditional love, but one petty little tyrant whose love has many conditions attached to it.
lol, that god loves unconditionally, but withholds his grace from the majority of his children. That's one warped dad:-\
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. I did notice some grammar issues with Rosesez' posts, but I'm hardly one to criticize. It isn't my business to police the activities of forum members, however. If Ladilullu wants to post 24-7, let her. How does it hurt you? Some of you seem to take this forum far too personal.
Good answer lo . Think she has a thing for me. Says I am not real Christian

My typing sucks even on a puter for other reasons..

but now I use Madame Kindle here and she has her own vocabulary. Got a bit better than 2 weeks ago. But anyway Razz .who used to be Knit and other names cannot figure out why someone would keep only one name..

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe I used the word false as referring to God's anger in the Old Testament with the people worshipping other gods.
I know I did say false priests requiring sacrifices of virgins in those days. And babies. But I was referring to Baal and those.in the OT
I also remember sayin that God did not want us worshipping false gods.That can mean anything from fame to money.
I do not think I said yours was a false God. I wasn't even sure you believed in one and I said so. Really had no idea.
Playa,said she doesn't.
Anyway I tried very hard to make no offensive statements. You are all welcome to believe as you choose. I obviously fell short in my explanations regarding God as a,loving parent.
POINT IS my posting on this is bringing out negativity and worse on here with this subject. That is my fault NOT Gods . So decided for me to change subject.
Rosesz, good morning! Question: Do you think Joel Osteen is sending a righteous message when he preaches that God wants us to be wealthy? I was raised that we should not pray for material things. We see these ministers living in opulent luxury...what gives?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
My sister runs a shelter. She's had great luck with the thundervests, but they don't work on every dog.
The more intensive heartworm treatment has worked for all but one of her dogs, whose heart was too far gone. If yours is healthy otherwise, then you have a good chance of success.
<quoted text>
Good to know. On the vest...It's been about 8 years or more and she has had no repeat. Thank God and that Humane Society vet. But good thing I basically ran out with her that morning or shed be a goner. She's nuts but we love her.:)

Found out She is part. La Catahula hunting dog hence the weird eyes.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Dogs have unconditional love, and they don't send you to hell if you do something they don't like. Looks like the dyslexics are the true prophets!
<quoted text>
lol! May I post this on my social networks?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rosesz does a lot of posting from a mischievous device she refers to as 'Madam Kindle'...resulting in oft-misspelled and confusing text. Not her failing, as she is a highly intelligent person, but that of the device, which is geared to reading rather than writing, and hence has some very interesting auto-correct offerings. The vast majority of us are able to look past MK's foibles, and attend to the intentions of its user. Some of us, however, are petty assholes, who prefer disparagement to debate, and find a source of 'pleasure'(?) in niggling at Rose, who does not deserve it...
Takes all kinds to make a world.
:)
This one to whom you've replied here, however, is a mole rat (probably the naked variety)
http://www.arkive.org/naked-mole-rat/heteroce...
which unfortunately has burrowed its way on to this forum - ostensibly for the purpose of chucking its fecal matter and old nesting material out of its hole.
Ladilulu has found much better ways to occupy her time, and has not posted on Topix for months.
ROTF

Will share a bit. HUBBY got me the newer one for moms day ..Christmas ..And birthday. Of chose now he can use mine . Have to show him how to ..But it's good fir what He wants. He would reservoirs.

But this one is much better a bit. But still had the same very odd corrections and if I type fast words run together.

Never enlightening it but you're right. They are made for reading!!!

As far as Razz ..knit goes. I really have no idea why the poor thing obsessed on me.

And btw. Ladilu did post on here couple of days ago . I said hi but she may not remember me.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Rosesz, good morning! Question: Do you think Joel Osteen is sending a righteous message when he preaches that God wants us to be wealthy? I was raised that we should not pray for material things. We see these ministers living in opulent luxury...what gives?
Have heard him a couple of times. Not for me to know his heart.
He says a lot of the right things..And he seems to really believe in the wealth part. But Jesus actually did not say we should acquire the things of this world.

Have not listened to enough of Him to know what scripture he uses for his reasoning.

He is popular ..Will give him that. Jesus says God watches over us and wants us not to worry. So I don't think it's wrong to ask things like to have enough to live on if you retire. Or to do well at your job. It to watch over your loved ones. But by everything I know He wants us to lift up and help ourselves. When we can .to have enough to help others in trouble.

Things like that..I have had things work out for me that I credit to God. Like finding my son..just too many so called coincidences involved. Have had answer to prayer fir sure on other things.

Best answer is I think I have only watched parts of his sermons. Maybe 3times at most.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol, that god loves unconditionally, but withholds his grace from the majority of his children. That's one warped dad:-\
Or it could be like the bible teaches, that He offsres His grace "gift " to all and any, BUT the majority wants nothing to do with Him??

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Have heard him a couple of times. Not for me to know his heart.
He says a lot of the right things..And he seems to really believe in the wealth part. But Jesus actually did not say we should acquire the things of this world.
Have not listened to enough of Him to know what scripture he uses for his reasoning.
He is popular ..Will give him that. Jesus says God watches over us and wants us not to worry. So I don't think it's wrong to ask things like to have enough to live on if you retire. Or to do well at your job. It to watch over your loved ones. But by everything I know He wants us to lift up and help ourselves. When we can .to have enough to help others in trouble.
Things like that..I have had things work out for me that I credit to God. Like finding my son..just too many so called coincidences involved. Have had answer to prayer fir sure on other things.
Best answer is I think I have only watched parts of his sermons. Maybe 3times at most.
In my parents' Orthodox Christian household, we were taught to pray for insight, guidance, wisdom, enlightenment, etc. The idea is that those things are tools for achieving what is necessary for true happiness.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, the most interesting people are the insane, and the most brilliant people rarely make sense to others. I obviously cut the poster "ZEF" from this list, as I've seen his insanity and can find no redeeming qualities in it. Your mileage may vary.
ZEF is unquestionably a loon, and for a while, I believed it to be a member of an alien species....or possibly an avenging angel with a distinct lack of access to bicarbonate of soda, which could have relieved it's galloping indigestion......but as it turns out, it's just an old dying Nazi, with a feral loathing of women, and a raging case of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

Posting to it is futile, but sometimes I get bored enough to take a whack at it.

(Also, ZEF is of indeterminate gender.)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The city I was in when I heard residences ran to basement was Okmulgee. They said at that time late 60s they never got hit.
But thought hurricanes were scary. My lunchcounter patrons where I worked. Lol. Told me don't be afraid we'll protect you ..such nice people!!
The people in Oklahoma are unquestionably some of the nicest folks to be found anywhere on the planet. In the main, they are quite possibly the most giving of people whom I have ever had the privilege to meet.

Unfortunately, they are also UBER-conservative in their politics, bigoted to the extreme against those of a sexual orientation differing from unbendingly heterosexual, and tend to thump their Bibles without once having read them, or, having read them, quite bent on cherry-picking the verses of which they approve.

Leviticus comes immediately to mind, but I offered earlier not to go there, so I won't tarry on that particular path....

As I said before, it takes all kinds to make a world.

I'm very glad you are part of it, Rose.
Just so you know.
rosesz

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>In my parents' Orthodox Christian household, we were taught to pray for insight, guidance, wisdom, enlightenment, etc. The idea is that those things are tools for achieving what is necessary for true happiness.
Very true and great things to pray for. But we do if inclined tend to pray when we have trouble. Or say need a job going on an interview.

But with the qualities you spoke of Will get you through life a lot better than whining. Or having your hand out.

Like I said I have no idea what Osteen is using for scripture.

But the thing is He gets people who may be have never heard..thinking of God. He really packs them in for sure.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The people in Oklahoma are unquestionably some of the nicest folks to be found anywhere on the planet. In the main, they are quite possibly the most giving of people whom I have ever had the privilege to meet.
Unfortunately, they are also UBER-conservative in their politics, bigoted to the extreme against those of a sexual orientation differing from unbendingly heterosexual, and tend to thump their Bibles without once having read them, or, having read them, quite bent on cherry-picking the verses of which they approve.
Leviticus comes immediately to mind, but I offered earlier not to go there, so I won't tarry on that particular path....
As I said before, it takes all kinds to make a world.
I'm very glad you are part of it, Rose.
Just so you know.
Thanks for that and the consideration.

We are told Not To be stumbling blocks to faith. Felt like that described me last 2 days.. And that's not a good thing:)

Isn't Okmulgee near Tulsa? I loved it when they had like a fair or something. The native Americans with all the color. And the Ball glass factory. Probably gone now.

Then for a few months was in Norman. Beautiful town. Worked at the college. Story why is boring but almost got to go to school there.

Lol BOOMER SOONER.

then wound up back here. For what feels like forever..Lol.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Oh and in Norman one early dark morning. Swear I saw UFOS streaking across the sky..Lol

Was something for sure . Ran like a rabbit. Air force said it was comets or something like that. ROTFROTF

One thing about getting older ..got stories

Did you read my post about Mohammed Atta being or one of them ..being pulled off a plane soon before 911'Screaming about gas smell and bombs. They had him in security. But no one checked any further . Too bad..

Maybe it was on purpose who knows.
pretty sure it was Atta . Flew all the time. Probably checking out security.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for that and the consideration.
We are told Not To be stumbling blocks to faith. Felt like that described me last 2 days.. And that's not a good thing:)
Isn't Okmulgee near Tulsa? I loved it when they had like a fair or something. The native Americans with all the color. And the Ball glass factory. Probably gone now.
Then for a few months was in Norman. Beautiful town. Worked at the college. Story why is boring but almost got to go to school there.
Lol BOOMER SOONER.
then wound up back here. For what feels like forever..Lol.
Love to know why all of a a sudden you can type so well and spell so well, lol, your leaving little hints that you are not who you say you are. You are posting like ladi did.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Love to know why all of a a sudden you can type so well and spell so well, lol, your leaving little hints that you are not who you say you are. You are posting like ladi did.
Get over it, knitwit.

Go pray for something.

(I suggest a....well....you'll figure it out.

Maybe.)

Anyway, if you could comprehend what you read, you'd know that practice makes perfect, and that Rosesz has upgraded since Mother's Day.

But we all know what the odds are on that miracle.

I'm thinking you'll get your intelligence on the day before your 88th birthday, and on your birthday, you'll have had so many intelligent thoughts, your head will explode.

But you know, I could easily be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 279,201 - 279,220 of303,261
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min number four 216,921
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,034,109
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••