Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311338 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297245 May 22, 2013
Brilliant Chicky wrote:
Not that I give a rats behind what the current head of the catholic cult says but this will send some heads spinning:
“They complain,” the Pope said in his homily, because they say,“If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good.” And Jesus corrects them:“Do not hinder him, he says, let him do good.” The disciples, Pope Francis explains,“were a little intolerant,” closed off by the idea of ​​possessi ng the truth, convinced that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”“This was wrong ... Jesus broadens the horizon.” Pope Francis said,“The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation”
and
"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us.‘But, Father, this is not Catholic! He cannot do good.’ Yes, he can... "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!".. We must meet one another doing good.‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/22/pope...
Not Catholic for decades but I thought when they picked Francis it was going to be a good thing for the Church. And everyone. This man seems very humble and caring. Not that they need my approval. I liked John Paul also. He did a lot to bring the faiths together..And to make a healing with the Jewish people. Again Imo

I think Razz has others in her sites .Lol she is reporting me now. Thinks I'm a,ringer and off topic.

What happens if someone reports you?
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297246 May 22, 2013
Brilliant Chicky wrote:
Not that I give a rats behind what the current head of the catholic cult says but this will send some heads spinning:
“They complain,” the Pope said in his homily, because they say,“If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good.” And Jesus corrects them:“Do not hinder him, he says, let him do good.” The disciples, Pope Francis explains,“were a little intolerant,” closed off by the idea of ​​possessi ng the truth, convinced that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”“This was wrong ... Jesus broadens the horizon.” Pope Francis said,“The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation”
and
"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart: do good and do not do evil. All of us.‘But, Father, this is not Catholic! He cannot do good.’ Yes, he can... "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ: all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone!‘Father, the atheists?’ Even the atheists. Everyone!".. We must meet one another doing good.‘But I don’t believe, Father, I am an atheist!’ But do good: we will meet one another there.”
"The Lord created us in His image and likeness, follow that and you will find abortion rights very evil, because abortion destroys the Image of God. Pope Francis is a gracious man. He abhors abortion, its of the devil, this is what the Catholic Church believes. Abortion is pure evil and supporting abortion rights is supporting evil. Dig?

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#297247 May 22, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Not a subject of discussion here, on an abortion forum, go find the thread about the tornado.
ROFLMAO! You're such a hypocrite! You have no qualms about tossing insults at people or posting links claiming such pics are of certain people on here, NONE of which have anything to do with the topic of abortion, and you have the nerve to post this nonsense? You're nuttier than squirrel shit.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297248 May 22, 2013
And unbrilliant chicko, yes atheists can be saved, just asking Christ for forgiveness. God loves everyone , even atheists. God 's love starts before conception , God formed you and you are for dstroying God's Image by aborting a child of God.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#297249 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not staying on topic is not a reportable offense, Rose. If it was one, these forums would have been shut down long ago.........
Don't worry about it.
Thanks so much. I was asking because I had no idea what happens for that reporting.
You can't post? You can't use your name?

I imagine everyone has been talking all day on the tornado. I really think this woman hates me.

Very strange. Thanks again
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297250 May 22, 2013
Brilliant Chicky wrote:
“They complain,” the Pope said in his homily, because they say,“If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good.” And Jesus corrects them:“Do not hinder him, he says, let him do good.” The disciples, Pope Francis explains,“were a little intolerant,” closed off by the idea of &#8203;&#8203;possessi ng the truth, convinced that “those who do not have the truth, cannot do good.”“This was wrong ... Jesus broadens the horizon.” Pope Francis said,“The root of this possibility of doing good – that we all have – is in creation”
and
Responding to the leader of the Roman Catholic church's homily, Father James Martin, S.J. wrote in an email to The Huffington Post:

"Pope Francis is saying, more clearly than ever before, that Christ offered himself as a sacrifice for everyone. That's always been a Christian belief. You can find St. Paul saying in the First Letter to Timothy that Jesus gave himself as a "ransom for all." But rarely do you hear it said by Catholics so forcefully, and with such evident joy. And in this era of religious controversies, it's a timely reminder that God cannot be confined to our narrow categories." Why would you think I don't believe that Christ offered Himself as a sacrifice for everyone? Every Catholic knows this. No contreversy Only for protestants I guess. The Pope does say that we are made in the Image and Likeness of God and abortion destroys that Image.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#297251 May 22, 2013
The Roe v Wade is easy to overcome. The courts asked a question when life begins? If you pass the law and say it starts at birth or at conception. I believe in Colorado the law says life begins at conception were California says 6 months.

It begins at conception!
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297253 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Not staying on topic is not a reportable offense, Rose. If it was one, these forums would have been shut down long ago.........
Don't worry about it.
Ah, yea it is.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297254 May 22, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text> Ah, yea it is.
You'd better report yourself for the post above, since 'Ah, yea it is' doesn't have eff-all to do with abortion.
Nutball.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#297255 May 22, 2013
In Teh Know wrote:
The Roe v Wade is easy to overcome. The courts asked a question when life begins? If you pass the law and say it starts at birth or at conception. I believe in Colorado the law says life begins at conception were California says 6 months.
It begins at conception!
Excerpt from Roe v Wade:

"Texas urges that ... life begins at conception and is present throughout pregnancy, and that, therefore, the State has a compelling interest in protecting that life from and after conception. We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins. When those trained in the respective disciplines of medicine, philosophy, and theology are unable to arrive at any consensus, the judiciary, at this point in the development of man's knowledge, is not in a position to speculate as to the answer ...

Physicians and their scientific colleagues ... have tended to focus either upon conception, upon live birth, or upon the interim point at which the fetus becomes "viable," that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks.... Substantial problems for precise definition of (the view that life begins at conception) are posed by new embryological data that purport to indicate that conception is a "process" over time, rather than an event ...

In view of all this, we do not agree that, by adopting one theory of life, Texas may override the rights of the pregnant woman that are at stake. We repeat, however, that the State does have an important and legitimate interest in preserving and protecting the health of the pregnant woman, whether she be a resident of the State or a nonresident who seeks medical consultation and treatment there, and that it has still another important and legitimate interest in protecting the potentiality of human life. These interests are separate and distinct. Each grows in substantiality as the woman approaches term and, at a point during pregnancy, each becomes "compelling.""
http://civilliberty.about.com/od/abortion/a/r...
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297256 May 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Excerpt from Roe v Wade:
"Texas urges that ... life begins at conception and is present throughout pregnancy, and that, therefore, the State has a compelling interest in protecting that life from and after conception. We need not resolve the difficult question of when life begins. When those trained in the respective disciplines of medicine, philosophy, and theology are unable to arrive at any consensus, the judiciary, at this point in the development of man's knowledge, is not in a position to speculate as to the answer ...
Physicians and their scientific colleagues ... have tended to focus either upon conception, upon live birth, or upon the interim point at which the fetus becomes "viable," that is, potentially able to live outside the mother's womb, albeit with artificial aid. Viability is usually placed at about seven months (28 weeks) but may occur earlier, even at 24 weeks.... Substantial problems for precise definition of (the view that life begins at conception) are posed by new embryological data that purport to indicate that conception is a "process" over time, rather than an event ...
In view of all this, we do not agree that, by adopting one theory of life, Texas may override the rights of the pregnant woman that are at stake. We repeat, however, that the State does have an important and legitimate interest in preserving and protecting the health of the pregnant woman, whether she be a resident of the State or a nonresident who seeks medical consultation and treatment there, and that it has still another important and legitimate interest in protecting the potentiality of human life. These interests are separate and distinct. Each grows in substantiality as the woman approaches term and, at a point during pregnancy, each becomes "compelling.""
Abortion destroys the Image of God, now that is very evil.
razzmaskank

United States

#297257 May 22, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Not a subject of discussion here, on an abortion forum, go find the thread about the tornado.
You are one miserable P_O_S!!! You need to get layed or somethiong. It might change your rotten attitude you sick biblehumping HAGG!!!

You STINK at being an Christian!! S_T_I_N_K!!!!!!!!!!
Gtown71

United States

#297259 May 22, 2013
Brilliant Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually read ahead for once! I was just about to post this. This young lady is my new hero! Look at her, atheist, smart, successful, happy and safe from a killer storm. What was "gawd" thinking "saving" a heathen like her?? ;-) My next post is going to throw Knutter into an uncontrollable hissy fit.....
You and many others, believe for many reasons, a false belief on God. He came, lived a perfect life, died on a cruel cross, and rose again, and He did all of that, NOT FOR THE RIGHTIOUS (SAVED), but for them smart sucessful atheist, and the unGodly.

A lady talking to me once, told me how her "christian " grandaughter fell in love with a guy, that turned out to be a sure enough heathern, and they were in a bad car wreck, becouse he was driving drunk.

Her GD was killed instantly, yet her boyfriend walked away, with only minor cuts, well that and knowing he was responsible for his GF death.

She started crying and ask me why would God allow her GD "whom loved and trusted God " would be the one die, instead of that heathern she fell in love with? Why was he not killed, and her GD saved???

I told her, that it sounded to me, like her GD was saved, and went to Heaven, but her boyfriend didn't have any sign of knowing GOD, and would have went to Hell. Plus God loves that "heathern " just as much as He did her GD.

If anything, maybe God spared his life, to give him another chance to think about life.

God uses many things, and we don't know most things He uses.
I was thinking about chicken eggs today

YES -CHICKEN EGGS! LOL
why would evolution need for chickens to lay "unfertilized " eggs?
yet God made them, so they could produce food for us :)

Thank God for eggs, the come in mighty handy in many ways :)
razzmaskank

United States

#297261 May 22, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
How about YOU PRAY for those unfortunate people? You miserable crotchsore!!!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297263 May 22, 2013
I think every other poster on this forum should report razz for every post it's ever posted that had nothing to do with abortion.

There must be at least 200 of them on this thread.

I'll go first.
Gtown71

United States

#297265 May 22, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Excerpt from Roe v Wade:
Great example oh how what one believes, has Nothing to do with what is real.
Many argue about WHEN LIFE BEGINS.

Well the first time I seen my daughter, she was about the size of a black eyed pea, BUT A KID COULD TELL YOU, BY SEEING THE HEART BEAT FLASH ON THE MONITOR, that for certain -SHE WAS ALIVE!!!

LIFE begins when it begins, NO MATTER WHAT YOU, MEDICAL EXPERTS, OR I BELIEVE.:)
Gtown71

United States

#297266 May 22, 2013
Plus, I geuss medical experts claim abortion doesn't kill life either? Even though a beating heart is stopped? I geuss the heart was dead, just beating? Very sad :(
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297267 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much. I was asking because I had no idea what happens for that reporting.
You can't post? You can't use your name?
I imagine everyone has been talking all day on the tornado. I really think this woman hates me.
Very strange. Thanks again
If you are pro life, well why not tell foo and the others that they are wrong? Why do you go after the pro life posters? Hmmm? I haven't seen you go after Foo or others for being rude and calling me and others filthy names now. this is why people think your a ringer.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297268 May 22, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you get a lot of emails from weirdos! How stupid of you to put your email on here.
Reported.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297269 May 22, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Why the heck would i want to send her anything? I'm not stupid and I have no interest in sending her email there are wackos out there, you must know that they will come after you, don'tcha? and by the way,, the real rosesz didn't spell very many words correctly, she tried but must have M.S. or something. I used to get a headache trying to read her posts.
Reported.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 min Barbi A 201,865
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr USAsince1680 1,395,134
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IB DaMann 9,857
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web