Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297195 May 21, 2013
Southern Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome. Thank you for sharing it.
The special report on nbc was really touching. Cannot get over the strength and attitude of the folks in that town!!!

Do glad she found her dog too.

They expected more of those kids to be dead. Seven bad enough but those teachers and the principal..real heros

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297196 May 21, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What's a record player?
It's a really fancy planter box....with a stick in the middle.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297197 May 21, 2013
Brilliant Chicky wrote:
Good news. Now all of the other bans will fall. Welcome to America. Home of the free. Women included.
http://m.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/05/arizona...
How I wish this was true, but that Federal Court only has jurisdiction in one other state which HAS a ban. Idaho. Other than that, we're still going to have to get other appeals decided in our favor, before the bans ALL fall....and most of them are in Southern, very conservative, states.

It's a victory, certainly, but we cannot rest on it....
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297198 May 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a really fancy planter box....with a stick in the middle.
Might as well be if you don't have one to play your vinyls
Gtown71

United States

#297200 May 21, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Oh, my. Broke my heart. In a GOOD way.
http://news.sky.com/story/1093711/tornado-sur...
Agreed! So glad she found her dog. Amazing story of hope and joy in the middle of so much devistation.
rosrsz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297201 May 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed! So glad she found her dog. Amazing story of hope and joy in the middle of so much devistation.
:
There were a lot of uplifting stories . And they all said they prayed

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#297203 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Seriously?
Ok it's a turntable for vinyl records with a needle on it that plays music
I think worshippers use the only they look like they are scratching the vinyl making odd sounds.
Records were all I had as a kid. Then came 8tracks the cassettes
Then add
I think one of my grammars had an old Victoria..(the horn shape thing you see the TAX dog with
Things have changed big time during my life. We even had one of thecfirstcblsck and white tv boxes.!!
lol,no not seriously. I have a turntable and a large record collection,actually.

Atrisco Village

#297204 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's a really fancy planter box....with a stick in the middle.
lmao
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297205 May 22, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>lol,no not seriously. I have a turntable and a large record collection,actually.
Wellllllll

You got me.Lol.
youtube

AOL

#297206 May 22, 2013

100% PROOF Pope Francis is ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#297207 May 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, but I REALLY wanted to reach out and birth smack the reporter that stood there as she had to ASK for them to help her.@@

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297208 May 22, 2013
rosrsz wrote:
<quoted text>:
There were a lot of uplifting stories . And they all said they prayed
So, the ones who lost their children...how did all that prayer help them?

Did God spare some kids because their parents prayed harder?

Or did he just say 'yes' to some, and 'no' to others, arbitrarily?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297209 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So, the ones who lost their children...how did all that prayer help them?
THEY are a prayerful people.:) everyone interviewed said that. Thrones that said that seemed to feel he answered.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297210 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, but I REALLY wanted to reach out and birth smack the reporter that stood there as she had to ASK for them to help her.@@
Well probably thought it was a better photo opinion if she did it.

Everything is made for tv dontcha know.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297211 May 22, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, but I REALLY wanted to reach out and birth smack the reporter that stood there as she had to ASK for them to help her.@@
I researched it and it's like the reporter was hoping for bigger comments . Woman says I know exactly what happened. Great old lady.

Gotta wonder why didn't someone give the dog water like a camera guy or someone. Hope they did after.

Anyone remember those reporters covering Katrina. After the storm right outside the dome. They kept saying they were hungry thirsty and stranded as the cameras rolled.

I kept hoping the reporters would DO something .anything. was praying they did when interview over. But an hour later they would go back to that scene .looked like same people waiting.

Would have made more story for me if they had cases of water at least for the people.(And maybe they did..I hope) But they didn't show that as far as I saw.:(
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297212 May 22, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>So, the ones who lost their children...how did all that prayer help them?
Especially that teacher that was with all those kids in the bathroom.
The night before they thought every kid a goner

The lady with the dog too.

Was it you yesterday told me that is the way They live there?

I was just commenting on the interviews:) not on whose prayers were answered. Or why.
Free chat

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#297213 May 22, 2013
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#297214 May 22, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Hell, is just like the county jail anyway. It's where the lost go at death, untill they are judged at the white throne judgement. It will be full of folks, with every excuse in the world, may even be some who say a guy called feces for Jesus said that hell wasn't real, and I didn't like how gtown wrote. He was to harsh.
Then they are cast into the lake of fire, which may or may not be in YOUR bible.
Jesus spoke 13 times about Hell for every 1 time about Heaven. He came to keep people from going there. He took it very seriously, and you truly should as well.
Let me get this straight..........

Your claim is that jesus spoke about "hell" 13 times ...... 700 years before the first recorded use of the word hel/hell?

Was your fabled jesus a time traveler?

The facts suggest that jesus (if he even existed) most likely did not use the word Hel/hel. That is, unless you want to believe he was a time traveler, a teleporter, and that he knew and spoke Old English and then distorted the meaning of the word.

I'm certain you'll turn a blind eye toward the facts and puke more about what you believe and try to pass your beliefs off as facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell#Etymology_a...

Go and check out the section on ETYMOLOGY. Maybe you'll learn something.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#297215 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The night before they thought every kid a goner
I was just commenting on the interviews:) not on whose prayers were answered. Or why.
Yes, and this business of "God sent this tornado, but he's going to keep me safe from it if I pray," is what I get so tired of hearing. Sorry, Rose, but I find it so frustrating when the prayer itself is considered more important than the results. If that's the case, why pray?

Results are what is needed - keeping people safe, and taking care of them is done by people, because if God was going to do it, He would just do it. There wouldn't be anything to be safe FROM.

The parents and teachers of the kids who drowned, and likely the kids themselves, were praying too. Did God answer the prayers of the other teachers and parents, and the lady and her dog, but not those 22 kids?

It's entirely arbitrary.

It's as a ringing cymbal, a clanging gong....just noise.

Atrisco Village

#297216 May 22, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The night before they thought every kid a goner.
If you make comments about prayers being answered (which you implied) you must expect to be asked to comment about the prayers that weren't answered. I'll bet you $1000 that many, if not most of the loved ones of those who died are "prayerful people," and prayed damn hard for their survival, also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Buroc Hussein Waxman 1,252,747
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min Eagle 12 243,564
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 hr Big D 201,821
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 5 Earthling-1 6,277
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 5 GoGoGrandMaHillary 1,653
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... Jul 4 Fartman 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 4 tom wingo 29,828
More from around the web