Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,954)

Showing posts 279,061 - 279,080 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your welcome. And I seriously know and our faith acknowledges that the things of God especially faith..makes NO SENSE.
Unless you believe.then they become very clear. It's like with some things I have learned as a child for example some of the parables. Or Old Testament scriptures. I read them now and get new meaning. Seriously.
:)
I certainly do not say I understand everything or the language sometimes. So If it's something I want to know more about. I try to get it clarified for me.
Other things like the miracles in both Old and New Testament I have never doubted. If you believe in an a powerful God..anything is possible for Him. And He has to explain nothing to me .
I question a lot of things. Mostly deaths of my parents relatively young. They make no sense in the way some happened with violence.
But I know we live in a world where car a accidents happen or where men can shoot you in the back for money. GOD did not do that but yes He allowed it. The murderers had their free choice to kill and they took if for basically no reason. My step dad was no danger to them.
Thing is we all come into this world with an expiration date.
I said before. Our life is an infinite line. Our time here is only a dot on the line. I enjoy and love a lot of things on the dot..But it's the line that matters most. I'd rather be with my God on that line.
Last thing is I can talk on here ad infinitum. If my words are confusing or rub anyone wrong. Please don't judge God by them . It's my failing not His:)
Stuff happens.... It it what it is... Oopsy... That's my philosophy. Lol
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>God can do it because he loves you, but you didn't jump through his arbitrary hoops, and so he has no choice but to condemn you to the freaky punishment that he chose to design. It's not his fault; it's out of his hands. Makes perfect sense, lol:-!
Funny, but for years I used to say, if people don't jump through the right hoops for God they go to hell, but if they do they go to heaven?!?!?!? I used to also say we were like fish in His aquarium, but if we didn't swim the way He wanted we go to the frying pan, but most of this I learned from the church of christ, just like many many "churches " that teach this kinda garbage.

It was after I was saved, that I realized I did nothing to deserve it, I wasn't even in a "church " but rather my bed. Many many things becames much clearer,but there is NO HOOPS.

People are saved by grace NOT hoop jumping, or works that they can boast "brag " about.

Its pretty simple, yet you confuse what Gods plan is, with what many religions teach.
Many do teach hoop jumping, and other things in order to keep you straight with God. It may shock you, but there are many denominations that are "all about Jesus Christ ",but Jesus Christ has nothing to do with them, and if anything satan himself started those churches, but even then there can be true saved people that attend those churches for many reasons.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, but for years I used to say, if people don't jump through the right hoops for God they go to hell, but if they do they go to heaven?!?!?!? I used to also say we were like fish in His aquarium, but if we didn't swim the way He wanted we go to the frying pan, but most of this I learned from the church of christ, just like many many "churches " that teach this kinda garbage.
It was after I was saved, that I realized I did nothing to deserve it, I wasn't even in a "church " but rather my bed. Many many things becames much clearer,but there is NO HOOPS.
People are saved by grace NOT hoop jumping, or works that they can boast "brag " about.
Its pretty simple, yet you confuse what Gods plan is, with what many religions teach.
Many do teach hoop jumping, and other things in order to keep you straight with God. It may shock you, but there are many denominations that are "all about Jesus Christ ",but Jesus Christ has nothing to do with them, and if anything satan himself started those churches, but even then there can be true saved people that attend those churches for many reasons.
Every sector of christianity think they will be the only ones to achieve heaven.

I find that amusing:

A man arrives at the gates of heaven. St. Peter asks, "Religion?"

The man says, "Methodist."

St. Peter looks down his list and says, "Go to Room 24, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."

Another man arrives at the gates of heaven. "Religion?"

"Lutheran."

"Go to Room 18, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."

A third man arrives at the gates. "Religion?"

"Presbyterian."

"Go to Room 11, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."

The man says, "I can understand there being different rooms for different denominations, but why must I be quiet when I pass Room 8?"

St. Peter tells him, "Well, the Baptists are in Room 8, and they think they're the only ones here."

Notice that in the "joke" it is all men that enter heaven. Can't even get a woman in a religious joke.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I love thunderstorms, personally. Send some rain my way, please. We're dry, dry, dry :-(
I don't mind rain but this area is the lightning center of US

We just started getting it. If I could I would share. Trust me.

Worst is the hurricane season. I am a nervous wreck. When I was in high school in the 60s we got plenty.

Was quiet in 70s and 80s. Then started up again 92 and after 2000'
Wish this cycle would end already!!

From history about 30 years. A lot of if they come here has to do with
EL and LA Nino.
Ocean temp off of South America. It's amazing how weather works. All interconnected.

Any way wish I was rich enough yo have 2 homed. Winter here is usually great but to short.

And then there is the dog..Freaks out with thunder and hides.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Stuff happens.... It it what it is... Oopsy... That's my philosophy. Lol
?? You mean murder well yes I guess it does. Doesn't make it easier on the families. Not fatal car accidents either. I guess "stuff" does
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every sector of christianity think they will be the only ones to achieve heaven.
I find that amusing:
St. Peter looks down his list and says, "Go to Room 24, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."
"Lutheran."
A third man arrives at the gates. "Religion?"
"Presbyterian."
The man says, "I can understand there being different rooms for different denominations, but why must I be quiet when I pass Room 8?"
St. Peter tells him, "Well, the Baptists are in Room 8, and they think they're the only ones here."
Notice that in the "joke" it is all men that enter heaven. Can't even get a woman in a religious joke.
Religion..denomination..none if it means much of anything

Whatever our relationship with Go's is..it's between each individual and God.

Rituals can be great worship. Baptize in a font or immersion..use holy water..annoint with oil . All of it is immaterial.

Our common belief is in Christ and His sacrifice.

That is the long and the short of it.

Now there are some crazies out there. That Westboro Baptist being a good example. The Baptists..have NOTHING to do with them . Even outright condemned their practices.

Not all who say they are Christian are.

Jesus taught us love God and neighbor. Very simple. And to accept Him.
And His sacrifice. To repent our own sins.

And btw..He had many women as disciples. A real difference from the men of His time.
That's it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
I find that amusing:
"Lutheran."
)A third man arrives at the gates. "Religion?"
"Presbyterian."
Lol, and very true except I'm alittle different, if you haven't noticed (:

I believe only one sec of folks will be in Heaven. Those who are saved, and those that are saved are in, baptist, lutherun, seven day adventist, catholic, church of christ, free will baptist, southern baptist, northern, brush arbor, sticks and stones, rolling stones, pentocost, yo yo and ho ho, and even many who don't go to any "church " at all :)

I like the joke, but we tell it, like coc is the only ones that think they are there. Lol
Since they believe you must be church of christ to go, and I am. I joined THE CHURCH OF CHRIST, the night I was saved. Yet I attend a baptist church here on earth.

We watch tv and associate many different religious people with God, when in reality God has very.little to do with many religious things on earth.

It is a personal relationship - one on one.

Those who have been born again may not be able to tell you a pin point time when it happened, but they can never forget it DID HAPPEN :)
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion..denomination..none if it means much of anything
Whatever our relationship with Go's is..it's between each individual and God.
Rituals can be great worship. Baptize in a font or immersion..use holy water..annoint with oil . All of it is immaterial.
Our common belief is in Christ and His sacrifice.
That is the long and the short of it.
Now there are some crazies out there. That Westboro Baptist being a good example. The Baptists..have NOTHING to do with them . Even outright condemned their practices.
Not all who say they are Christian are.
Jesus taught us love God and neighbor. Very simple. And to accept Him.
And His sacrifice. To repent our own sins.
And btw..He had many women as disciples. A real difference from the men of His time.
That's it.
I should've read ahead :)

There's many baptist groups that has nothing to do with real baptist. Westboro???? What a mess.
Legalism and emotion bondage at its best.
If you can get folks fired up, in a religious sec, under legalistic rules, then you can do alot of "stuff " :)

Hey the same kinda spirit moves on the islamic extremest, that gets young people to blow themselves up, or fly planes into buildings.

What a shock those guys got, expecting 30 virgins at impact, but receiving 30 screaming demons instead. I almost feel sorry for the men flying the planes, knowing what they were, are, and will forever go through.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I should've read ahead :)
There's many baptist groups that has nothing to do with real baptist. Westboro???? What a mess.
Legalism and emotion bondage at its best.
If you can get folks fired up, in a religious sec, under legalistic rules, then you can do alot of "stuff " :)
Hey the same kinda spirit moves on the islamic extremest, that gets young people to blow themselves up, or fly planes into buildings.
What a shock those guys got, expecting 30 virgins at impact, but receiving 30 screaming demons instead. I almost feel sorry for the men flying the planes, knowing what they were, are, and will forever go through.
And those people lived real near to me too!!

Get this..one of them .I think atta would take regular flights on US Air. One day there was a delay . Then they boarded. He comes off the plane hollering about smelling gas. Makes a real ruckus..planes gonna blow up!!!! They call security..And check him out. AND LET HIM GO.

THIS was shortly before 911' my dtr in law saw it. Worked for the airlines. People saw these guys drinking in local bars.
One of them tried to buy a crop duster..the owner said in the paper that one of them seemed off. And had no pilots license. Do he didn't sell. Imagine what could have been sprayed here!!

Anyway that aside. These guys were a cell. Someone above them sold them a lie. Worse is the young ones with suicide bombs. Some of their families g e t paid. Saddam paid too. Money from other countries for these kids to blow up Israelis..The really guilty one's are those COWARDS who send them..they do not blow up themselves..

COWARDS telling people about a false paradise for their actions ..
The old gods required human sacrifice or virgins for their false priests. This is no better IMO. And I imagine a total perversion of their religion. I did read that the Koran tells them not to kill other Muslims.. So even if taken to extremism. What are those tyrants in Africa doing..killing non Arab ones.in Allah's name.

Total perversions. Imo.

Jesus told us love God. Love your neighbor but people have perverted even this 2 simple laws.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And those people lived real near to me too!!
Get this..one of them .I think atta would take regular flights on US Air. One day there was a delay . Then they boarded. He comes off the plane hollering about smelling gas. Makes a real ruckus..planes gonna blow up!!!! They call security..And check him out. AND LET HIM GO.
THIS was shortly before 911' my dtr in law saw it. Worked for the airlines. People saw these guys drinking in local bars.
One of them tried to buy a crop duster..the owner said in the paper that one of them seemed off. And had no pilots license. Do he didn't sell. Imagine what could have been sprayed here!!
Anyway that aside. These guys were a cell. Someone above them sold them a lie. Worse is the young ones with suicide bombs. Some of their families g e t paid. Saddam paid too. Money from other countries for these kids to blow up Israelis..The really guilty one's are those COWARDS who send them..they do not blow up themselves..
COWARDS telling people about a false paradise for their actions ..
The old gods required human sacrifice or virgins for their false priests. This is no better IMO. And I imagine a total perversion of their religion. I did read that the Koran tells them not to kill other Muslims.. So even if taken to extremism. What are those tyrants in Africa doing..killing non Arab ones.in Allah's name.
Total perversions. Imo.
Jesus told us love God. Love your neighbor but people have perverted even this 2 simple laws.
Amen.

I was under the impression that under islam, there is no promise of heaven no matter what, but if you die or kill yourself while you kill non believers, then you are promised a spot. Sad :(
Phone dying again peace out :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mind rain but this area is the lightning center of US
We just started getting it. If I could I would share. Trust me.
Worst is the hurricane season. I am a nervous wreck. When I was in high school in the 60s we got plenty.
Was quiet in 70s and 80s. Then started up again 92 and after 2000'
Wish this cycle would end already!!
From history about 30 years. A lot of if they come here has to do with
EL and LA Nino.
Ocean temp off of South America. It's amazing how weather works. All interconnected.
Any way wish I was rich enough yo have 2 homed. Winter here is usually great but to short.
And then there is the dog..Freaks out with thunder and hides.
Poor doggie. You could try putting chamomile tea in his water bowl, instead of plain water, when storms are predicted. This works to calm them, just like it does us...I've been using it with my fraidydogs for years. Sometimes they get drowsy, and sleep right through the storms, but it doesn't make them all drugged out afterward. Chamomile tea is available at most grocery stores, and it's really cheap compared to the meds at the vet's for the same thing.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She is STILL convinced I am not me. My lol spelling is a bit better.
Why I would pose as an old poster I have no idea at all lol
I wonder why she's so paranoid.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
^
You have to stand in awe of the bs that he wants to pass of as fact.
is jonnycakes still full of you? yummmm !!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
don't answer rose!!! it's irrelevant to a woman's right to choose !
So are colons and semicolons ya dumbastard.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Good point.
wise choice. you were only digging yourself deeper.

what was next? your accountant is jewish?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not! The first recorded use of the word was approximately 700+ years after the bible was written. The word (or a variant of the word) was first used in Northern Europe. Hel was one of the nine worlds of Yggdrassil long before the jesus freaks came and distorted the meaning of the word beyond belief. Hel is a place of COLDNESS, not some spooky realm of fire and eternal torment, ruled by "satan". There is no evidence to support to use of Hel/hell in christianity or catholicism.
Christards, like rozey and gtown freak out when you dare insult their precious beliefs or traditions, but couldn't care less how their "faith" has distorted & tried to destroy traditions and beliefs of different cultures. It is the epitome of hypocrisy.
I think in the olden days of Christianity the threat of Hell was used to control the behavior of the herd.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
that's because you never intended it as sarcasm. if it was then why would your first post in response be my "accurate" quote ?
why would you try to substantiate something said sarcastically?
even the anti semite chimed in, patting you on the back for hoisting wr on his own petard. but for what ? substantiating something you never believed I meant in the first place?
keep up the stellar damage control.
LMAO! C'mon, are you REALLY this dense? Sarcasm is usually based on something real...like your stupid original comment. I know it was sarcasm when I wrote it, but you are free to think (and I use that term very lightly) anything you want in that fked up little brain of yours.

Now go wipe the tears from your eyes and change your panties again.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the forum's admitted liar.
You're ugly inside, and always will be.
It's all that roadkill in her system. She's rotten from the inside out.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont email me and I wont.
BTW, I hope you get VD from the road kill you eat. Just sayin.
<quoted text>
Not really.
Ohh snap!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing on your question.
Natural laws apply in nature.
Heavenly laws in Heaven . They are for the spirit not the body.
God created nature...didn't he?

It's your story to enjoy, Rose, but I still see a 'parent'- who claims his kids have 'free will'- but then devises a place of eternal torment, and dispenses the kids who follow their 'free will' in a way of which he doesn't approve, to burn in it for eternity... as a pretty crappy parent.

Sadism and lying aren't qualities I aspired to in being a parent.
But I guess that's just me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 279,061 - 279,080 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••