Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,952
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
worships reality

AOL

#297047 May 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have an accountant. If I did, it would be my mother's younger brother - who is Methodist.
But I knew if I waited long enough, you'd prove yourself the anti-Semite.
"Jewish" is customarily capitalized, just by the way.
you're not following the sound advice you were given.

what happened to "good point"?

anti-semite.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#297048 May 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why she's so paranoid.
No clue. Maybe I said something to her years ago that she remembers. She did say I gave her headaches??? With typing. Oh well.
rosesz

San Jose, CA

#297049 May 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in the olden days of Christianity the threat of Hell was used to control the behavior of the herd.
Actually it could be. But the other poster is wrong. Hell is mentioned a lot in the bible.

And if course Sheol which if I am mistaken was a,place..not he'll..for the righteous..But not heaven either.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#297050 May 20, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
except she offered up the colon/semi colon idiocy, moron.
she wasn't asked.
do you work at being so stupid?
That poster is not me, Moron.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#297051 May 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! C'mon, are you REALLY this dense? Sarcasm is usually based on something real...like your stupid original comment. I know it was sarcasm when I wrote it, but you are free to think (and I use that term very lightly) anything you want in that fked up little brain of yours.
Now go wipe the tears from your eyes and change your panties again.
How can you even follow his posts . Punctuation and contradiction . Still no idea if PC or PL. not being rude. I just can't tell. Something about colons though. And I won't take that thought any farther..c

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297052 May 20, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you're not following the sound advice you were given.
what happened to "good point"?
anti-semite.
We both know better than that.

What else ya got?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297054 May 20, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She is big enough I can give her beastly if I know a biggie is coming. Thought we were done for today. Just had a real big crack almost right over head. She's gone in her house. Thought about one of those jacket things. Have to look into that. Anyone try them
Will get chamomile but she only seems to drink once a day..Oh well.
Beastly is good for long trips too. And doesn't make her dopey. We walk her at all the stops.
Poor dog. She was a rescue. New in so they had to spay her. She stayed out and had a few problems waking up. Then they get tests back she has heart worms. Vet there says we can't get her.
So hubby And I are really upset. He is on crutches and evidenced GO get another one..we walk in one of the volunteers recognizes me because head volunteer brought me there in the first place.
Lol she says..did you come to pick up Keepers. I say well yes so did..how is she better???
She says oh she's doing great. Sooooo I get hubby ..we sign papers. Pay fee before vet can stop us. Think she was off.
We took her to our vet said no real heart problems he can see ..
So we get humane vet ..She really was nice to try experimental heart treatment. Could kill her but better than heart worm or just putting her down. Like they were going to do!!! In the end it worked No heart worms for past 8 years. And spoiled really rotten by dad. Of house I'm the one gives her meds. Etc do the hard stuff. What else is new
Lol
Glad she's got a loving home, and no heart problems!

Just out of curiosity, what did you mean by a 'humane vet'?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297055 May 20, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it could be. But the other poster is wrong. Hell is mentioned a lot in the bible.
And if course Sheol which if I am mistaken was a,place..not he'll..for the righteous..But not heaven either.
The other poster is not wrong. Christianity took the word and first used it in the KJV. Prior to that, it is not mentioned in the bible. The Hebrew word, Sheol, is used.

"hell (n.)
Old English hel, helle, "nether world, abode of the dead, infernal regions," from Proto-Germanic *haljo "the underworld" (cf. Old Frisian helle, Dutch hel, Old Norse hel, German Hölle, Gothic halja "hell") "the underworld," literally "concealed place" (cf. Old Norse hellir "cave, cavern"), from PIE *kel- "to cover, conceal, save" (see cell).

The English word may be in part from Old Norse Hel (from Proto-Germanic *halija "one who covers up or hides something"), in Norse mythology the name of Loki's daughter, who rules over the evil dead in Niflheim, the lowest of all worlds (nifl "mist"). Transfer of a pagan concept and word to a Christian idiom. In Middle English, also of the Limbus Patrum, place where the Patriarchs, Prophets, etc. awaited the Atonement. Used in the KJV for Old Testament Hebrew Sheol and New Testament Greek Hades, Gehenna. Used figuratively for "state of misery, any bad experience" since at least late 14c. As an expression of disgust, etc., first recorded 1670s.

Expression Hell in a handbasket is c.1941, perhaps a revision of earlier heaven in a handbasket (c.1913), with a sense of "easy passage" to whichever destination. Hell or high water is apparently a variation of between the devil and the deep blue sea. To wish someone would go to hell is in Shakespeare ("Merchant of Venice"). Snowball's chance in hell "no chance" is from 1931; till hell freezes over "never" is from 1919. To ride hell for leather is from 1889, originally with reference to riding on horseback. Hell on wheels is said to be from 1843 in DAS; popularity dates from 1869 in reference to the temporary workers' towns along the U.S. transcontinental railroad and their vices."
http://etymonline.com/...
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297056 May 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>God created nature...didn't he?
It's your story to enjoy, Rose, but I still see a 'parent'- who claims his kids have 'free will'- but then devises a place of eternal torment, and dispenses the kids who follow their 'free will' in a way of which he doesn't approve, to burn in it for eternity... as a pretty crappy parent.
Sadism and lying aren't qualities I aspired to in being a parent.
But I guess that's just me.
But that is just it. And I have about 10 posts on free will from yesterday. But He does NOT lie.
He tells us clearly. Have no gods before me.

Out of all the people's He chose Abraham to teach or some would say retracing the concept of Him alone to worship. He kept every promise..despite some lapses in faith on Abram and Sarah. He taught them to sacrificed sin pardon. Only the the most perfect . A lesson in what was needed for sin debt.

In the desert after getting them out of slavery..parting the sea..giving them food and water in the desert. HE gave them laws.. chief was no gods before me. He got ticked off big with the golden calf.. But still didn't kill them all off.

So many times in Israel esp after David they stray

We believe He sent His own Son..a part of himself. To teach us how to have a relationship with Him. And we believe He paid our sin debt in full. The only perfect sacrifice.

Now after all of this.fir it to be said..That He all powerful Creator is somehow lacking in mercy..well it dies not compute.
To say He lies after after all the miracles and warnings..I say that is just wrong.

In the end someday we will all meet Him..I guess at that point you can ask Him all your questions..if you're inclined

Until then I have given my best answers .not a bible scholar..don't know all God's reason fir wanting any if us fir company nor why He does everything He does and doesn't do.

I know I love Him. That's all:)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297057 May 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The other poster is not wrong. Christianity took the word and first used it in the KJV. Prior to that, it is not mentioned in the bible. The Hebrew word, Sheol, is used.
"hell (n.)
Old English hel, helle, "nether world, abode of the dead, infernal regions," from Proto-Germanic *haljo "the underworld" (cf. Old Frisian helle, Dutch hel, Old Norse hel, German Hölle, Gothic halja "hell") "the underworld," literally "concealed place" (cf. Old Norse hellir "cave, cavern"), from PIE *kel- "to cover, conceal, save" (see cell).
The English word may be in part from Old Norse Hel (from Proto-Germanic *halija "one who covers up or hides something"), in Norse mythology the name of Loki's daughter, who rules over the evil dead in Niflheim, the lowest of all worlds (nifl "mist"). Transfer of a pagan concept and word to a Christian idiom. In Middle English, also of the Limbus Patrum, place where the Patriarchs, Prophets, etc. awaited the Atonement. Used in the KJV for Old Testament Hebrew Sheol and New Testament Greek Hades, Gehenna. Used figuratively for "state of misery, any bad experience" since at least late 14c. As an expression of disgust, etc., first recorded 1670s.
Expression Hell in a handbasket is c.1941, perhaps a revision of earlier heaven in a handbasket (c.1913), with a sense of "easy passage" to whichever destination. Hell or high water is apparently a variation of between the devil and the deep blue sea. To wish someone would go to hell is in Shakespeare ("Merchant of Venice"). Snowball's chance in hell "no chance" is from 1931; till hell freezes over "never" is from 1919. To ride hell for leather is from 1889, originally with reference to riding on horseback. Hell on wheels is said to be from 1843 in DAS; popularity dates from 1869 in reference to the temporary workers' towns along the U.S. transcontinental railroad and their vices."
http://etymonline.com/...


Whatever the actual word is. It is Not heaven God is not there. It is not a nice place to be. In the end is heaven or lake of fire.

Call it whatever.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297058 May 20, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever the actual word is. It is Not heaven God is not there. It is not a nice place to be. In the end is heaven or lake of fire.
Call it whatever.
So now you know Jesus didn't discuss Hell as has been claimed because the word didn't exist. The concept of being away from God existed, but it was a cold, dark place. Not fire and brimstone. That is a Christian twist on the word. All anyone wants people to do is realize the reality of their beliefs and faiths -- know the real history of what you believe. That's not asking too much, is it?

Btw, you did notice that link is a Christian link, yes?
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#297059 May 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not a choice when it is a rule that must be obeyed or punishment ensues.
We're not talking about a time out here, but eternal torture, in a place of the "parent's" own devising. That is an abusive parent.
Again, why worship a being that is less compassionate than his own creations? Is he not supposed to be humanity's example of parental love?
God has unconditional love for you I would say that is more compassionate than you will ever know.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#297060 May 20, 2013
okay, my bad. not a christian link, but a christian ad. sorry.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297061 May 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Glad she's got a loving home, and no heart problems!
Just out of curiosity, what did you mean by a 'humane vet'?
We have a huge humane society . But they do euthanize especially with diseased dogs. And fearal cats..some are sick some not adoptable.

And cats. My boss wife was a big volunteer..She trained the strays and helped New owners. They don't want people who will take them then dump them.
As I say big facility. So the vet was strict. Heartworm and problems after surgery..She would have been put down probably the day we got her..good thing the mix up. She has these really weird eyes.Like blue with rings. But in the dark they glow all red from her retina showing big time.. But first time you see it..yikes

We have overcast dig ..2 really nuts cats..all rescues. Last cat git talked into by the boss wife. Brought her back from Georgia rescue.
She had foster babies so not take cat..twisted my arm..Lol.

Oh well do best I can.
worships reality

AOL

#297062 May 20, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That poster is not me, Moron.
i didn't say it was. at least not in this post. feeling a bit jumpy and defensive there aren't you?
worships reality

AOL

#297063 May 20, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We both know better than that.
What else ya got?
you just can't help yourself can you?

anti semite.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#297064 May 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The other poster is not wrong. Christianity took the word and first used it in the KJV. Prior to that, it is not mentioned in the bible. The Hebrew word, Sheol, is used.
"hell (n.)
Old English hel, helle, "nether world, abode of the dead, infernal regions," from Proto-Germanic *haljo "the underworld" (cf. Old Frisian helle, Dutch hel, Old Norse hel, German Hölle, Gothic halja "hell") "the underworld," literally "concealed place" (cf. Old Norse hellir "cave, cavern"), from PIE *kel- "to cover, conceal, save" (see cell).
The English word may be in part from Old Norse Hel (from Proto-Germanic *halija "one who covers up or hides something"), in Norse mythology the name of Loki's daughter, who rules over the evil dead in Niflheim, the lowest of all worlds (nifl "mist"). Transfer of a pagan concept and word to a Christian idiom. In Middle English, also of the Limbus Patrum, place where the Patriarchs, Prophets, etc. awaited the Atonement. Used in the KJV for Old Testament Hebrew Sheol and New Testament Greek Hades, Gehenna. Used figuratively for "state of misery, any bad experience" since at least late 14c. As an expression of disgust, etc., first recorded 1670s.
Expression Hell in a handbasket is c.1941, perhaps a revision of earlier heaven in a handbasket (c.1913), with a sense of "easy passage" to whichever destination. Hell or high water is apparently a variation of between the devil and the deep blue sea. To wish someone would go to hell is in Shakespeare ("Merchant of Venice"). Snowball's chance in hell "no chance" is from 1931; till hell freezes over "never" is from 1919. To ride hell for leather is from 1889, originally with reference to riding on horseback. Hell on wheels is said to be from 1843 in DAS; popularity dates from 1869 in reference to the temporary workers' towns along the U.S. transcontinental railroad and their vices."
http://etymonline.com/...
Words have meanings??
And traceable origins?

Wow.

It's always been a sticking point with me, that there are not only hundreds of different 'Bibles', but thousands, maybe a million, different translations of them. The word of man is at the root of every one.

Another sticking point, is that so many folks, though they all consider themselves 'Christians', also consider their own version of Christianity to be the only 'real' one.

It seems to me, an omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent being would only need one method of communication. Otherwise, how can you call him omnipresent, omniscient, or omnipotent?
:)
Gtown71

United States

#297065 May 20, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in the olden days of Christianity the threat of Hell was used to control the behavior of the herd.
Perhaps on some, but no more than today. The real tangable threat of jail, and or death penalty does very little to stop folks from an array of crime.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#297066 May 20, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every sector of christianity think they will be the only ones to achieve heaven.
I find that amusing:
A man arrives at the gates of heaven. St. Peter asks, "Religion?"
The man says, "Methodist."
St. Peter looks down his list and says, "Go to Room 24, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."
Another man arrives at the gates of heaven. "Religion?"
"Lutheran."
"Go to Room 18, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."
A third man arrives at the gates. "Religion?"
"Presbyterian."
"Go to Room 11, but be very quiet as you pass Room 8."
The man says, "I can understand there being different rooms for different denominations, but why must I be quiet when I pass Room 8?"
St. Peter tells him, "Well, the Baptists are in Room 8, and they think they're the only ones here."
Notice that in the "joke" it is all men that enter heaven. Can't even get a woman in a religious joke.
Hilarious!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#297067 May 20, 2013
Katie wrote:
okay, my bad. not a christian link, but a christian ad. sorry.
http://www.biblestudying.net/cosmo-5.html

http://www.biblestudying.net/cosmo-7.html

Here are Just 2 pages on this site. If you search it there are lots more info.
This is not an ad

In the end of time. Heaven and the New Earth

Or Lake if fire.

This also talks about Sheol..not either place. Sort if a place of waiting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min shinningelectr0n 1,153,060
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 232,701
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,359
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Cowobunga 201,150
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr budd 2,658
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web