Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,953)

Showing posts 279,041 - 279,060 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, I don't believe in him at all. I'm not trying to change something I don't believe in.
I'm also fine with the parameters, given they have nothing to do with me in the first place. I'm NOT fine with someone confusing rules with choice.
Since I was posting to Gtown in the first place, no offense, but I didn't need answers from you.
Yes, becouse bitner never reponds to post unless, they are addressed to her @@. Lol
Must have struck something with your answers???:)

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you would be much better, if you didn't look down your long nose at us sinners,
Peace
You look down your own nose at yourself!! You label yourself a sinner.....you are full of self guilt and paranoia. This is how religion traps you. Now try to convince anyone that you are happy while considering yourself a low life. Your religion makes no sense whatsoever. It instills guilt and shame at every corner, you are guilty for being born.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again -that's Gods law. He can do as He wills right? After all He's God.
You want to be next to Hitler in Heaven?
I can think of many others, that according to you should be in Heaven becouse they chose to do whatever they wanted with their free will.
Do you bury loved ones that die? Why not dress them up, and put them on your couch, or at your dinner table?
See death would stink up your living quarters, just.like death would stink up Gods house.
Those who die spiritualy are just that dead in sin.
Those who are.made rightious through.Gods free gift are alive spirtualy and can live with God.
I'm sure some would come to your house and think you're way to strick with your kids, others would think you're not strick enough.
If your kids spit in your face and cursed you, after you gave them life, would you thank them for being who they are?
I love my kids unconditionally. Good parents do. What they do NOT do is to kick their kids out of the house, knowing that the only other place for them to go is a torture chamber that the parent created. An abusive parent does such things.

You're confused. I don't follow your religion, so your afterlife destinations don't worry me. I'm debating the concept of "free will", no more.

Again, it's not "free will" when there is no real choice. And there is no real choice when choosing one of the options will lead to eternal torture. It's that simple.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The only answer I have for you is I love God. I want to be with Him.
You may not like Him or His eternal law..Bitner.
You want Him to be different. All of our disagreement will not accomplish that..
I accept Him. I love Him.
He does not want any to perish. But some will by their own choice.
I think the choice is clear. You dont like the parameters. I cannot help that.
Have no idea what else you want me to say. I have no other answers for you on this.
So one more thing I disagree with you on. Sorry
This is just pure creepy.

The emphasis on "HIM" even creepier.

You sound lonely amongst other things.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, becouse bitner never reponds to post unless, they are addressed to her @@. Lol
Must have struck something with your answers???:)
No, I was just letting her know that she didn't have to worry about answering my questions since they were addressed to you.

Rose and I get along just fine. Stop trying to make trouble for others.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
You look down your own nose at yourself!! You label yourself a sinner.....you are full of self guilt and paranoia. This is how religion traps you. Now try to convince anyone that you are happy while considering yourself a low life. Your religion makes no sense whatsoever. It instills guilt and shame at every corner, you are guilty for being born.
While you are correct, as far as me being hard on myself, and find it hardest to forgive myself, while able to forgive others. At the same time I am a sinner, but I've been set free from Sin and shame. I don't wear the letter A on my shirt. I'm also aware that my sins have been forgiven, by God, and any guilt I hang onto is my fault

I don't believe that there is a chance, or that I might "make it " to Heaven -I believe I'm already seated there in Gods eyes, and though many if not most denominations will teach and preach people the very thing you're talking about, I don't believe it is biblical.

God doesn't want His children walking around singing woe is me.
We are victoreous, even though we don't act like it.
Salvation is sooo simple a child can grasp it, but adults make it complicated.

God made it easy so All people could partake of it. I'm far from the smartest person here, but living near ms, I have met some people, in food banks, and jails, that are very simple minded folks. Some cannot read or write, but I've got to see some of them come to Christ. It is an amazing thing to see.

One of those ladies told me about being in the hospital, it was the first time she had seen a doctor, even though she was near 50 yo. She was in alot of pain, doubled over in the floor next to her hospital bed. Doctors were running test, and told her mom something was bad wrong, and they didn't know if she would live. The woman told me, she thought she was dying, and could only remember how one of us told her, if you ever need help you can call on Jesus anytime. She called on Jesus there in the floor. She immediately felt better, and got up and unplugged herself and walked out. She then confessed that she and her husband drank beer everyday, and fought and cursed each other alot. She said ever since that day, she had not drank any beer, and quite cursing her husband. She said he still drank though :)

See she got saved "born again " saved :)

I watched a well meaning preacher do everyy
Thing BUT slap.a sinners prayer out of this woman only a few weeks prior to this, and it done my heart good, to see she really did get saved after all of that mess.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just pure creepy.
The emphasis on "HIM" even creepier.
You sound lonely amongst other things.

Nothing creepy at all about faith. My life is fuller for having it.

He is God. He created everything. I believe He sent His son to die for me. I want the relationship with Him for sure.

Lonely? Well I don't get out much. My preference actually.. But have thankfully husband and family. So nope not. Besides I now have all my great frenemies on Topix.what more could I ask for (in this world)' more time with the grandkids maybe.

I like having the time to post here.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I love my kids unconditionally. Good parents do. What they do NOT do is to kick their kids out of the house, knowing that the only other place for them to go is a torture chamber that the parent created. An abusive parent does such things.
You're confused. I don't follow your religion, so your afterlife destinations don't worry me. I'm debating the concept of "free will", no more.
Again, it's not "free will" when there is no real choice. And there is no real choice when choosing one of the options will lead to eternal torture. It's that simple.
You seem to have an issue with free will.

I am an adult, I can freely go to a bar, and a strip club, but those choices would have an effect on me don't you think?

I also have the free will and power to blow someones head off, lets say it is a bad man who no one in town likes, and most if not all are very thankful I killed him, but I get the death sentence or life in prison.

Many may say, that's not fair, but it wouldn't help me at all.

Now had man not ever built them prisons or death chambers, then I could do as I please.

Take it another way, if I was to make me up some meth and take it, who am I hurting but myself??? So why would I go to jail if they caught me making it and taking it in my own home? Is that fair?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"You seem to have an issue with free will."

No, I do not. I am taking issue with what you are trying to pass off as "free will". It is no such thing.

"I am an adult, I can freely go to a bar, and a strip club, but those choices would have an effect on me don't you think?"

Nothing to do with my point, but whatever. See if you choose to go, or choose not to go, no one is going to evict you from your home to a place they created for torture. Which makes it a real choice.

"I also have the free will and power to blow someones head off, lets say it is a bad man who no one in town likes, and most if not all are very thankful I killed him, but I get the death sentence or life in prison."

You're still confusing choice with rules that must be obeyed. There is a difference. Again, it is not really a choice when one option will bring eternal torture if chosen over the other.

"Many may say, that's not fair, but it wouldn't help me at all.
Now had man not ever built them prisons or death chambers, then I could do as I please."

Not really, and you're still missing the point. Not my fault.

Take it another way, if I was to make me up some meth and take it, who am I hurting but myself??? So why would I go to jail if they caught me making it and taking it in my own home? Is that fair?"

Again, you're talking about laws, which is another way of saying rules that must be obeyed. That is a different thing from choice.

Two examples.

1)Your boss outlines the duties you're expected to perform. The choice is not yours, you must do them as part of your job. Sometimes you do them, sometimes you don't. Come review time, you don't get a raise, because you did not adequately perform your job. You didn't follow the rules.

2)Your boss tells you that sometimes you may get bored with your assigned duties. They tell you that if you want to do extra work, that's fine, but you never HAVE to do it. The choice is yours. You do it sometimes, other times you do not. When review time comes, you don't get a raise BECAUSE you sometimes didn't do the work you were told was your choice.

The former is an example of rules, the latter of choice. The lack of a raise for the former is understandable, for the latter, it's not.

You are trying to pretend that rules that must be obeyed or there will be consequences, is the same thing as choice. It's not the same thing at all.

True choice means one is free to choose either option without fear of punishment.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not. I'll ask again. If I kicked my kid out of the house for telling me they hate me, and their only place to go was a torture chamber I'd devised, wouldn't you consider me an abusive parent?
God can do it because he loves you, but you didn't jump through his arbitrary hoops, and so he has no choice but to condemn you to the freaky punishment that he chose to design. It's not his fault; it's out of his hands. Makes perfect sense, lol:-!

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes it would be abusive for HUMAN being.But you are not God. You have not warned and cajoled your creations for thousands of years.
You have not the power to destroy the world nor to save your people out of slavery by miraculous means
People say ..dunno about you. That the there is no God and then say he is bad because bad things happen. He set a natural order in Eden . The earth natural laws are his but he does not cause every storm. They happen.
About us again there are 2 places after we die. One is HOME with God and one is a very less nice place. Again it's His world .we live our afterlife by HIS rules.
He does not live by ours.
Th e 're is really not a good human example. But say you take a job .
You need money. Your boss is nice but part of the job is not to your liking. But it must be done. Your boss gives you a bonus and praise if you do your job well..you decide that the scrappy things are beneath you. The boss likes you so you think. Ok I'm skip that today.
The boss notices. Says hey Burner you forgot to do that.please do.
You keep skipping it..Then you get sassy about it..sooner or later the nice boss will kick you yo the curb.
Or another example not original. You are invited to a wedding. They really want you to celebrate with them. You and others don't even come. There is all this food and cake. Do the host winds up giving it away to others who really enjoy it.
In both cases who is at fault. The boss..the host???
Again it's God's heaven to share. He dies not follow our rules or laws.
Please, don't pretend it makes sense. We all know that that's why it's called faith. To try to convince a non-believer that there is logic in a philosophy that is based upon pure faith, blind faith is silly. I respect anyone's personal spiritual beliefs, as long as they don't harm others in the name of those beliefs. Trying to argue that one's faith makes more sense than another, based upon purely fantastic stories is futile. You, like most religious people that I know, aren't obnoxious about it. Thank you for that.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
She is STILL convinced I am not me. My lol spelling is a bit better.
Why I would pose as an old poster I have no idea at all lol
Razzmatazz posts under several screen names, so she thinks everyone is like her. In other words, she's nuts.

Minneapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are correct, as far as me being hard on myself, and find it hardest to forgive myself, while able to forgive others. At the same time I am a sinner, but I've been set free from Sin and shame. I don't wear the letter A on my shirt. I'm also aware that my sins have been forgiven, by God, and any guilt I hang onto is my fault
I don't believe that there is a chance, or that I might "make it " to Heaven -I believe I'm already seated there in Gods eyes, and though many if not most denominations will teach and preach people the very thing you're talking about, I don't believe it is biblical.
God doesn't want His children walking around singing woe is me.
We are victoreous, even though we don't act like it.
Salvation is sooo simple a child can grasp it, but adults make it complicated.
God made it easy so All people could partake of it. I'm far from the smartest person here, but living near ms, I have met some people, in food banks, and jails, that are very simple minded folks. Some cannot read or write, but I've got to see some of them come to Christ. It is an amazing thing to see.
One of those ladies told me about being in the hospital, it was the first time she had seen a doctor, even though she was near 50 yo. She was in alot of pain, doubled over in the floor next to her hospital bed. Doctors were running test, and told her mom something was bad wrong, and they didn't know if she would live. The woman told me, she thought she was dying, and could only remember how one of us told her, if you ever need help you can call on Jesus anytime. She called on Jesus there in the floor. She immediately felt better, and got up and unplugged herself and walked out. She then confessed that she and her husband drank beer everyday, and fought and cursed each other alot. She said ever since that day, she had not drank any beer, and quite cursing her husband. She said he still drank though :)
See she got saved "born again " saved :)
I watched a well meaning preacher do everyy
Thing BUT slap.a sinners prayer out of this woman only a few weeks prior to this, and it done my heart good, to see she really did get saved after all of that mess.
Uh huh.

Yeah sounds like a soap opera.

I have met people that were "born" again" "saved". The look in their eyes can only be described as "lights on, nobody home". They have also been some of the most troublesome annoying people I have ever met. They lie, they cause conflict with family members, they are pompous and self righteous, and these are some of their better qualities.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Were you posting from church?
That's cheesy, by any standard.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Razzmatazz posts under several screen names, so she thinks everyone is like her. In other words, she's nuts.
Oh yes I figured that out first week back. But cannot figure out why a stranger would come on here and pick my name to post under. Lol have not been on here for at least 2 years probably more..was I famous lol.
Oh well she can believe what she pleases.

Ugh thundering here I hate rainy season..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Please, don't pretend it makes sense. We all know that that's why it's called faith. To try to convince a non-believer that there is logic in a philosophy that is based upon pure faith, blind faith is silly. I respect anyone's personal spiritual beliefs, as long as they don't harm others in the name of those beliefs. Trying to argue that one's faith makes more sense than another, based upon purely fantastic stories is futile. You, like most religious people that I know, aren't obnoxious about it. Thank you for that.
Your welcome. And I seriously know and our faith acknowledges that the things of God especially faith..makes NO SENSE.
Unless you believe.then they become very clear. It's like with some things I have learned as a child for example some of the parables. Or Old Testament scriptures. I read them now and get new meaning. Seriously.
:)
I certainly do not say I understand everything or the language sometimes. So If it's something I want to know more about. I try to get it clarified for me.

Other things like the miracles in both Old and New Testament I have never doubted. If you believe in an a powerful God..anything is possible for Him. And He has to explain nothing to me .

I question a lot of things. Mostly deaths of my parents relatively young. They make no sense in the way some happened with violence.
But I know we live in a world where car a accidents happen or where men can shoot you in the back for money. GOD did not do that but yes He allowed it. The murderers had their free choice to kill and they took if for basically no reason. My step dad was no danger to them.

Thing is we all come into this world with an expiration date.

I said before. Our life is an infinite line. Our time here is only a dot on the line. I enjoy and love a lot of things on the dot..But it's the line that matters most. I'd rather be with my God on that line.

Last thing is I can talk on here ad infinitum. If my words are confusing or rub anyone wrong. Please don't judge God by them . It's my failing not His:)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
That particular religious philosophy is sadomasochistic, isn't it? Yikes!

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes I figured that out first week back. But cannot figure out why a stranger would come on here and pick my name to post under. Lol have not been on here for at least 2 years probably more..was I famous lol.
Oh well she can believe what she pleases.
Ugh thundering here I hate rainy season..
I love thunderstorms, personally. Send some rain my way, please. We're dry, dry, dry :-(
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Yeah sounds like a soap opera.
I have met people that were "born" again" "saved". The look in their eyes can only be described as "lights on, nobody home". They have also been some of the most troublesome annoying people I have ever met. They lie, they cause conflict with family members, they are pompous and self righteous, and these are some of their better qualities.
Some are, hey they are only humans that's been saved by Gods Grace.

You know what you have when a wild type person gets saved? You get a wild saved person.

They may or may not change alot, according to how much the submit themselves to the renewing of their minds, through Gods word. If they can't read, or buy into the new versions that are mixed with good "meat " along with mans mumbo jumbo, then who knows??,
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have an issue with free will.
I am an adult, I can freely go to a bar, and a strip club, but those choices would have an effect on me don't you think?
I also have the free will and power to blow someones head off, lets say it is a bad man who no one in town likes, and most if not all are very thankful I killed him, but I get the death sentence or life in prison.
Many may say, that's not fair, but it wouldn't help me at all.
Now had man not ever built them prisons or death chambers, then I could do as I please.
Take it another way, if I was to make me up some meth and take it, who am I hurting but myself??? So why would I go to jail if they caught me making it and taking it in my own home? Is that fair?
God has laws, but one is saved by grace.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 279,041 - 279,060 of305,065
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Richardfs 223,976
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••