Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Jan 22, 2008 Read more: Newsday 309,649
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296907 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for the compliment.:)hubby might disagree lol..But then he never wants to talk about things like we talk about on here
:(
It ticks me off our cable dropped Hallmark. The reason for both local outfits...Hallmark insisted they be on the least expensive packages to be available to folks on a budget. 2 years later..still no Hallmark..And we had it before.
Crappy cable company.
Used to love some of the movies and esp at Christmas season. And lol Touched by an Angel..just call me sappy. Sigh.
I have a fondness for Little House and the Waltons. Record both shows on the DVR, and delete them after I watch, so that the memory isn't pillaged.

:)
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296908 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When a parent's rules fail to make sense, that is when a child rebels.
If a parent deliberately lies to the child, or uses fear and threats to enforce the rules, they are deemed abusive parents.
Your second example resonated with me Rose. My wedding was attended by 114 folks, and I was ecstatic every one of them attended...but there were some folks who didn't make it.
As a result, I had the bottom layer of an absolutely exquisite spice with cream cheese icing wedding cake left over. A dear friend of mine had baked it for 300, as she knows how many folks would have come if they could.
I looked at that cake layer, nearly 18 inches across, and 4 inches tall, and despaired of ever finishing it between my son, husband, and self....so I gave it forthwith to the folks at the retirement home for the disabled across the street, and told the head of the kitchen to write "Happy Sunday" across the top...!!
It was devoured with gusto!
I love those folks...
Lol great thing you did.

The point I keep trying to make. Is He is God . He gave us rules. The rules do boil down to what Christ said

Love God. Love your neighbor. They are simple and the Ten Commandments formed the basis for many human laws

Most important is that He has a relationship with us.it's why He created us.

He invites us. We can go to Him or reject Him.

It's not human rules. It's His.

As in the ultimate Father knows best
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296909 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a fondness for Little House and the Waltons. Record both shows on the DVR, and delete them after I watch, so that the memory isn't pillaged.
:)
Used to watch both when we had the channel...wahhhhhhh

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#296910 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well yes it would be abusive for HUMAN being.But you are not God. You have not warned and cajoled your creations for thousands of years.
You have not the power to destroy the world nor to save your people out of slavery by miraculous means
People say ..dunno about you. That the there is no God and then say he is bad because bad things happen. He set a natural order in Eden . The earth natural laws are his but he does not cause every storm. They happen.
About us again there are 2 places after we die. One is HOME with God and one is a very less nice place. Again it's His world .we live our afterlife by HIS rules.
He does not live by ours.
Th e 're is really not a good human example. But say you take a job .
You need money. Your boss is nice but part of the job is not to your liking. But it must be done. Your boss gives you a bonus and praise if you do your job well..you decide that the scrappy things are beneath you. The boss likes you so you think. Ok I'm skip that today.
The boss notices. Says hey Burner you forgot to do that.please do.
You keep skipping it..Then you get sassy about it..sooner or later the nice boss will kick you yo the curb.
Or another example not original. You are invited to a wedding. They really want you to celebrate with them. You and others don't even come. There is all this food and cake. Do the host winds up giving it away to others who really enjoy it.
In both cases who is at fault. The boss..the host???
Again it's God's heaven to share. He dies not follow our rules or laws.
You're missing my point. I agree that one must follow rules. But that is not free will.

Here is MY example. If your boss tells you that if you get bored, and want to do extra work, that's fine, but you don't have to. Say you do it sometimes, but not others, and when review time comes, your review is based partly on that extra work, and you are judged inadequate because you didn't always do it. That is what you are really talking about. It's not a real choice if one is not free to make either choice without fear of punishment. And you can't call it free will when there is no real free choice.

If I tell my children they must do something, and they don't, there are consequences. If I tell them the choice is theirs and they don't, there most certainly shouldn't be punishment.

And again, why worship a being that is less compassionate than one of it's creations?

As for your God, either you believe he created everything, or you don't. The good AND the bad.

And you can't seriously be saying that it's abuse when a human does it, but not a God, are you? So, God can be abusive if he likes? Just because he's "God"?
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296911 May 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fundie faux-Christians on here hate to see real Christians making them look bad.
She is STILL convinced I am not me. My lol spelling is a bit better.

Why I would pose as an old poster I have no idea at all lol
WW3ready

AOL

#296912 May 19, 2013

__RUSSIA Warships to ISRAEL's N Border

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296913 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he'll scares the he'll out of me. Many posit it is fire or a place where you live without Go's presence as we think Sheol was.
The thing is again. He is God . I am not. He expects perfect justice for sin. Some believe you go to burn in purgatory before heaven.
What some of us believe is Christ paid in full. Our works may reap rewards in heaven or be as ash..But basically in eternity Heaven is HOME. God's house. WE are welcome if we love Him.
His house..His rules not ours.:(
Which is where I feel that the Christian religion goes wrong.

Rose, you and I both know this is JUST my opinion, but if there is a Christian God, isn't he responsible for the rules of nature?

The rules the Christian God puts on humans, go against the rules of nature.

Nature decrees the survival of the fittest, and adaptation is the core of evolution. The Christian God decrees that the eternal survival of one's soul depends on submission - not adaptation - because if one adapts to one's environment by believing in Buddha, or Hare Krishna, or Santeria, or any one of hundreds of religions not 'Christian', then by the Christian doctrine, they will be punished with eternal torment.

Why would he create us with free will, and then punish us for using it?

It's not natural.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#296914 May 19, 2013
shovelhead72 wrote:
<quoted text>Good evening, sir.
Long time no see!!
Lovely to hear from you again.
And you nailed it - yet again - when it comes to this one.
[I never know what to call her, but I always know her when I see her.]
And a very good evening to you too Milday!
As always, it's a pleasure to "see" you again.:)

Indeed it has been quite some time. I don't post much on here anymore; the place seems to have been bogged down by a couple of religious fundamentalists of the most tedious sort.
Utterly dreary conversationalists whose posts are so repetitious that they suck all the enjoyment out of being here.
I wouldn't be too terribly surprised were I to learn that they were the ones primarily responsible for driving away the more interesting posters on both sides of the aisle.
If I'm not much mistaken, "Knit & Pray" was our dearest "Knit's" earliest screen-name--before her multiple "bannings" and the advent of her never-ending series of screen names some of which have been, "Knitting and Praying," "Momof34Life," "Colorado4Life," "Pupsilicious," "Corgilicious," "Huskerlicious," "Huskerdu," and so on, and so forth...
Yeah, identifying her style isn't hard at all as subtlety is not one of her trademarks...

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#296915 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got home from church, to find my phone not chrging much. I geuss you could read about what Jesus said to the rich young ruler, if you care. You seem to have alot in common with him.
Were you posting from church?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296916 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're missing my point. I agree that one must follow rules. But that is not free will.
Here is MY example. If your boss tells you that if you get bored, and want to do extra work, that's fine, but you don't have to. Say you do it sometimes, but not others, and when review time comes, your review is based partly on that extra work, and you are judged inadequate because you didn't always do it. That is what you are really talking about. It's not a real choice if one is not free to make either choice without fear of punishment. And you can't call it free will when there is no real free choice.
If I tell my children they must do something, and they don't, there are consequences. If I tell them the choice is theirs and they don't, there most certainly shouldn't be punishment.
And again, why worship a being that is less compassionate than one of it's creations?
As for your God, either you believe he created everything, or you don't. The good AND the bad.
And you can't seriously be saying that it's abuse when a human does it, but not a God, are you? So, God can be abusive if he likes? Just because he's "God"?
"...God can be abusive if he likes? Just because he's "God"?..."

That's pretty much what it boils down to...apparently we're not allowed to define 'abuse' as it relates to 'God'.

That's HIS prerogative, and he's taking it, thankyouverymuch.

I feel that felling my son with what amounted to a massive stroke was abusive...but what do I know, right?

I'm merely his mother.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296917 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I must missed it. I avoided a lot of the ads etc but didn't see it in the debates. I LOVE fast forward.
But as I said later. All I could find on this was about medical waste disposal. Nit pick I by up coolers full of bodies and parts.
Someone like Cowbell..surprised if he didn't. But seems he didn't even pay for disposal..accounts for a lot of evidence. Though not the refrigerated stuff. Who knows maybe that was for sale.
Rose.

It was ALL for sale. Romney's campaign did a great job of keeping his face on broadcast news, but it poor job of keeping its principal's 'faux pas' off the internet.

"Stericycle's growth-by-acquisition strategy helped the company gain control of the highly regulated field of medical waste collection, making it one of the largest and most profitable specialized waste processors in the U.S. The company’s unmatched route density serves as the foundation of its wide economic moat, allowing Stericycle to divert large quantities of medical waste toward its own asset base of autoclave steam sterilizers and incinerators. In our opinion, Stericycle is well positioned to profit from a changing health-care landscape, and we believe that its competitive advantages will continue to drive profitability as the company extracts more value from domestic product, customers, and end-users, and continues its acquisition strategy in international markets."

As a 29-year voter, I do my best to research political candidates.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#296918 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus ak, many preach on you go to hell if you do this, or if you do that.
I only say people go to Hell for rejecting God. All other is sins, that are covered the momment someone puts their faith and trust in God almighty.
Still puking the lies of your religion, I see. The word Hel/hell was never used in the bible. You continue to be full of feces for jesus.
worships reality

AOL

#296919 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Your failure to answer my question says much, Rose.
and you'd know, wouldn't you?
worships reality

AOL

#296920 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not. I'll ask again. If I kicked my kid out of the house for telling me they hate me, and their only place to go was a torture chamber I'd devised, wouldn't you consider me an abusive parent?
don't answer rose!!! it's irrelevant to a woman's right to choose !
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#296921 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>

Does the bible actually ever mention "Hell"?
Of course not! The first recorded use of the word was approximately 700+ years after the bible was written. The word (or a variant of the word) was first used in Northern Europe. Hel was one of the nine worlds of Yggdrassil long before the jesus freaks came and distorted the meaning of the word beyond belief. Hel is a place of COLDNESS, not some spooky realm of fire and eternal torment, ruled by "satan". There is no evidence to support to use of Hel/hell in christianity or catholicism.

Christards, like rozey and gtown freak out when you dare insult their precious beliefs or traditions, but couldn't care less how their "faith" has distorted & tried to destroy traditions and beliefs of different cultures. It is the epitome of hypocrisy.
worships reality

AOL

#296922 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>When a parent's rules fail to make sense, that is when a child rebels.
If a parent deliberately lies to the child, or uses fear and threats to enforce the rules, they are deemed abusive parents.
Your second example resonated with me Rose. My wedding was attended by 114 folks, and I was ecstatic every one of them attended...but there were some folks who didn't make it.
As a result, I had the bottom layer of an absolutely exquisite spice with cream cheese icing wedding cake left over. A dear friend of mine had baked it for 300, as she knows how many folks would have come if they could.
I looked at that cake layer, nearly 18 inches across, and 4 inches tall, and despaired of ever finishing it between my son, husband, and self....so I gave it forthwith to the folks at the retirement home for the disabled across the street, and told the head of the kitchen to write "Happy Sunday" across the top...!!
It was devoured with gusto!
I love those folks...
i'll bet not one of those folks was a jew. or else they wouldn't have gotten a morsel from you.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296923 May 19, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll bet not one of those folks was a jew. or else they wouldn't have gotten a morsel from you.
The Vuller, Louma, Archambault, Feinstein, and Rosen families who attended my nuptuals, might disagree with you...would you like to see the guest book?
worships reality

AOL

#296924 May 19, 2013
<quoted text>
"Wahhh waaahhh wahhhh waaahhh booo hooo hoooo I didn't get it was sarcasm and you didn't tell me WAAAHHHHHHH!!""
that's because you never intended it as sarcasm. if it was then why would your first post in response be my "accurate" quote ?

why would you try to substantiate something said sarcastically?

even the anti semite chimed in, patting you on the back for hoisting wr on his own petard. but for what ? substantiating something you never believed I meant in the first place?

keep up the stellar damage control.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296925 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
He is God. The rules are different for Him.

Your child has the choice to obey you. If he does not there are consequences

Same idea on a larger scale.

Your rules apply in this world. His in the spiritual one.

If you don't want God..or don't believe that is your choice. And nothing I say will change it.

Yes He created the earth. Yes He set it spinning with gravity weather and all sorts of things. Stuff happens. Because of the way the natural laws work.

In the bible are stories that God changed the Red Sea. Had manna fall from heaven in order to save His people. But barring that supernatural intervention. We have storms. Etc.

Many see all of this when it is bad as a sign of the end times.. could the . Have no idea. I AM NOT GOD.

I do know things like hurricanes run in cycles every thirty or so years we get more. Where they hit has a lot to do with El Nino and La Nina. Funny thing is largely Nina is worse (cooling) I have inscribed through two if them...in Fla.. But I digress.

It's natural cycles. But if the world as we know ends we are going to see God face to face. Personally I'd rather know Him beforehand than meet Him as a foe..

But that's just me. If I'm wrong I won't know ..if I'm right..well I love Him already

And no argument about why you think He is unfair or mine either will change How He judges us.

If I am a poor spokesman..that's my fault not His. And I'm sorry for that.

If you think He is different..Or should be..then I cannot help that either. Tell Him.:)

Its way above my pay grade!!
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296926 May 19, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
My state will soon have a state consitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man & one woman. Our marriages will not be bastardized and cheapened by amoral, proabort homosexuals.
"Over 90% of us promote killing preborn babies, but we want to adopt babies really bad." - Duplicitous, selfish gay agenda
Great post! So truthful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 56 min shinningelectr0n 1,217,535
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Robbie C 29,549
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr superwilly 5,246
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 hr Uncle Sam 237,766
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Sun UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 14 tom wingo 73
More from around the web