Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311864 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296926 May 19, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
My state will soon have a state consitutional amendment defining marriage as between one man & one woman. Our marriages will not be bastardized and cheapened by amoral, proabort homosexuals.
"Over 90% of us promote killing preborn babies, but we want to adopt babies really bad." - Duplicitous, selfish gay agenda
Great post! So truthful!
worships reality

AOL

#296927 May 19, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Still puking the lies of your religion, I see. The word Hel/hell was never used in the bible. You continue to be full of feces for jesus.
jonnycakes continues to be full of you? ooo gaa !!!

and the bible thumpers too! damn, you're old junk sure gets around. ooo gaa!!!
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296928 May 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go sweetie!
[email protected]
I gave your email to the Wesbtoro baptist church, they say you think like them and want to get to know you. I knew you had more in common with nazis and low life bottom suckers like them.
worships reality

AOL

#296929 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The Vuller, Louma, Archambault, Feinstein, and Rosen families who attended my nuptuals, might disagree with you...would you like to see the guest book?
some of my best friends are jews, eh?

i was talking about the folks at the retirement home, anti semite.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296930 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Which is where I feel that the Christian religion goes wrong.
Rose, you and I both know this is JUST my opinion, but if there is a Christian God, isn't he responsible for the rules of nature?
The rules the Christian God puts on humans, go against the rules of nature.
Nature decrees the survival of the fittest, and adaptation is the core of evolution. The Christian God decrees that the eternal survival of one's soul depends on submission - not adaptation - because if one adapts to one's environment by believing in Buddha, or Hare Krishna, or Santeria, or any one of hundreds of religions not 'Christian', then by the Christian doctrine, they will be punished with eternal torment.loo
Why would he create us with free will, and then punish us for using it?
It's not natural.
Why on earth would we have to follow Bhudda to be good stewards of the earth. That is our job. Have we messed up sure.

But that is not a God thing. He gave us stuff IN the beginning.
As my last post said natural laws function. He does not micromanage each puff of wind

He created us to live in His creation. But he does NOT force us to do anything.

We learned to cook things. Food was better. We adapted. We picked fruit. Then made pie. None of this was against God

Life eternal is a very long infinite line. Our time here is a dot on the line.

Heaven is the perfection you want to see happen fir earth. It was once but nit now. We believe there will be a New earth some day. But we will not be it's maker. He will. A new Earth. A new Jerusalem.

Ecology can be a great thing. But some people worship the earth not the Creator. We were meant to be stewards.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296931 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Which is where I feel that the Christian religion goes wrong.
Rose, you and I both know this is JUST my opinion, but if there is a Christian God, isn't he responsible for the rules of nature?
The rules the Christian God puts on humans, go against the rules of nature.
Nature decrees the survival of the fittest, and adaptation is the core of evolution. The Christian God decrees that the eternal survival of one's soul depends on submission - not adaptation - because if one adapts to one's environment by believing in Buddha, or Hare Krishna, or Santeria, or any one of hundreds of religions not 'Christian', then by the Christian doctrine, they will be punished with eternal torment.
Why would he create us with free will, and then punish us for using it?
It's not natural.
One more thing on your question.

Natural laws apply in nature.

Heavenly laws in Heaven . They are for the spirit not the body.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#296932 May 19, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
And a very good evening to you too Milday!
As always, it's a pleasure to "see" you again.:)
Indeed it has been quite some time. I don't post much on here anymore; the place seems to have been bogged down by a couple of religious fundamentalists of the most tedious sort.
Utterly dreary conversationalists whose posts are so repetitious that they suck all the enjoyment out of being here.
I wouldn't be too terribly surprised were I to learn that they were the ones primarily responsible for driving away the more interesting posters on both sides of the aisle.
If I'm not much mistaken, "Knit & Pray" was our dearest "Knit's" earliest screen-name--before her multiple "bannings" and the advent of her never-ending series of screen names some of which have been, "Knitting and Praying," "Momof34Life," "Colorado4Life," "Pupsilicious," "Corgilicious," "Huskerlicious," "Huskerdu," and so on, and so forth...
Yeah, identifying her style isn't hard at all as subtlety is not one of her trademarks...
My most abject apologies "Shovel..." that should have read as, "Milady."

My bad luv!
By the way, reading anything interesting lately?
I'm in the middle of Elaine Pagels' "The Gnostic Gospels," rereading Reverend Sabine Baring-Gould's "The Book of Werewolves," and, as a "treat," rereading the Bible as I've been watching the television series of the same name--and finding it quite "lacking!"
The "Exodus" segment had me thinking; I ought to be watching the "Ten Commandments" starring Charlton Heston and Yul Brenner, as that was a far more fulfilling experience...

rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296933 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose.
It was ALL for sale. Romney's campaign did a great job of keeping his face on broadcast news, but it poor job of keeping its principal's 'faux pas' off the internet.
"Stericycle's growth-by-acquisition strategy helped the company gain control of the highly regulated field of medical waste collection, making it one of the largest and most profitable specialized waste processors in the U.S. The company’s unmatched route density serves as the foundation of its wide economic moat, allowing Stericycle to divert large quantities of medical waste toward its own asset base of autoclave steam sterilizers and incinerators. In our opinion, Stericycle is well positioned to profit from a changing health-care landscape, and we believe that its competitive advantages will continue to drive profitability as the company extracts more value from domestic product, customers, and end-users, and continues its acquisition strategy in international markets."
As a 29-year voter, I do my best to research political candidates.
Well imo if any company takes remains to SELL them as spare parts of stem cells from abortion clinics it's wrong.

The sites I saw said that company picked up waste bags (that's gross too IMO) and disposed of them not reused them. That would be major news if it was Romney..if it was an approved entity..it would be under the table..only because Romney was ostensibly PL.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#296934 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
He is God. The rules are different for Him.
Your child has the choice to obey you. If he does not there are consequences
Same idea on a larger scale.
Your rules apply in this world. His in the spiritual one.
If you don't want God..or don't believe that is your choice. And nothing I say will change it.
Yes He created the earth. Yes He set it spinning with gravity weather and all sorts of things. Stuff happens. Because of the way the natural laws work.
In the bible are stories that God changed the Red Sea. Had manna fall from heaven in order to save His people. But barring that supernatural intervention. We have storms. Etc.
Many see all of this when it is bad as a sign of the end times.. could the . Have no idea. I AM NOT GOD.
I do know things like hurricanes run in cycles every thirty or so years we get more. Where they hit has a lot to do with El Nino and La Nina. Funny thing is largely Nina is worse (cooling) I have inscribed through two if them...in Fla.. But I digress.
It's natural cycles. But if the world as we know ends we are going to see God face to face. Personally I'd rather know Him beforehand than meet Him as a foe..
But that's just me. If I'm wrong I won't know ..if I'm right..well I love Him already
And no argument about why you think He is unfair or mine either will change How He judges us.
If I am a poor spokesman..that's my fault not His. And I'm sorry for that.
If you think He is different..Or should be..then I cannot help that either. Tell Him.:)
Its way above my pay grade!!
No, it's not a choice when it is a rule that must be obeyed or punishment ensues.

We're not talking about a time out here, but eternal torture, in a place of the "parent's" own devising. That is an abusive parent.

Again, why worship a being that is less compassionate than his own creations? Is he not supposed to be humanity's example of parental love?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296935 May 19, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>I gave your email to the Wesbtoro baptist church, they say you think like them and want to get to know you. I knew you had more in common with nazis and low life bottom suckers like them.
Says the forum's admitted liar.

You're ugly inside, and always will be.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296936 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well imo if any company takes remains to SELL them as spare parts of stem cells from abortion clinics it's wrong.
The sites I saw said that company picked up waste bags (that's gross too IMO) and disposed of them not reused them. That would be major news if it was Romney..if it was an approved entity..it would be under the table..only because Romney was ostensibly PL.
Rose.

The United States' political scene, is far too manipulated to make 'major news' out of actual facts...those pesky things never seem to match reality for the 'movers and shakers' of broadcasting.

Fortunately, the internet has not yet been censored to the extent that broadcast and cable news have....for some 'ODD' reason, namely the Supreme Court's lack of political agenda, the internet is still run 'of, by, and for, THE PEOPLE.

As it should be.

And that means we can ACTUALLY exercise our right to free speech.

Facts have a pesky little way of being disseminated in this manner.

Knowledge is power.

Probably why the God of the Bible didn't want us to have any.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296937 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the forum's admitted liar.
You're ugly inside, and always will be.
What's really funny is the way K&P acts as if this is the first time she's ever seen Foo give out that email. It's a neutral email Foo has managed for years. Back when she and I first met, she passed it on to me on AOL. For all I know, she'd had it years before that. There are several here who've seen it and used it, I'd imagine. So why is K&P acting faux-shocked about it?
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296938 May 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose.
The United States' political scene, is far too manipulated to make 'major news' out of actual facts...those pesky things never seem to match reality for the 'movers and shakers' of broadcasting.
Fortunately, the internet has not yet been censored to the extent that broadcast and cable news have....for some 'ODD' reason, namely the Supreme Court's lack of political agenda, the internet is still run 'of, by, and for, THE PEOPLE.
As it should be.
And that means we can ACTUALLY exercise our right to free speech.
Facts have a pesky little way of being disseminated in this manner.
Knowledge is power.
Probably why the God of the Bible didn't want us to have any.
Hear hear!!

<clinks glasses>
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296939 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's not a choice when it is a rule that must be obeyed or punishment ensues.
We're not talking about a time out here, but eternal torture, in a place of the "parent's" own devising. That is an abusive parent.
Again, why worship a being that is less compassionate than his own creations? Is he not supposed to be humanity's example of parental love?
As I have said you Are free to worship Him or not. Your kids Are free to sneak out at nite even if they know if they are caught they are grounded.( unless you keep them locked up in a basement)

For me GOD is good. He is merciful given me many chances despite my many sins. He wants my love.

These are His rules. In the end there is God or No God.

People on here say the hell of fire is a fabrication. where ever we go that that place has no God. That much He does tell us for sure.

So if you want NO GOD..you are free to ignore him.

If you think it's abusive . that is what you think.

I am not going to change your mind and you will not change my belief in a heavenly Father. I do hope to live with Him someday:)
Gtown71

United States

#296940 May 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Were you posting from church?
No, I wasn't , but thought of anithor bible story that seems to suit you better. Remember the two men going to pray, one fell one his knees and cryed out, be merciful to me a sinner "that ones me " - and the other stood tal and said oh God, I thank the that I'm not like this here man, for I do this and I do that, give to the poor,and other good things amen "that ones you ".

Perhaps you may read about them, and what happens.
Gtown71

United States

#296941 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You kerp playing God, people do it all the time. I would think.a loving God would do this or that

You're not a loving God, your bitner. Ok?
Phone still.not charging well.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296942 May 19, 2013
And for the poster who does not like me talking all day about my beliefs. Forget who.

Anyway I was attempting to answer posts. Probably not the best job or as good as a bible scholar. Telling what I know. If it makes you want to know more please read better minds than mine or please read the bible.

I am no expert just know my faith.
We can neither change God to fit our standards..nor should we.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296943 May 19, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What's really funny is the way K&P acts as if this is the first time she's ever seen Foo give out that email. It's a neutral email Foo has managed for years. Back when she and I first met, she passed it on to me on AOL. For all I know, she'd had it years before that. There are several here who've seen it and used it, I'd imagine. So why is K&P acting faux-shocked about it?
Lol and here I thought KP was posing a threat..though to be fair she said nit but then said she gave it out to some church..oh well goo
I imagine gotchas good filters

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296944 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said you Are free to worship Him or not. Your kids Are free to sneak out at nite even if they know if they are caught they are grounded.( unless you keep them locked up in a basement)
For me GOD is good. He is merciful given me many chances despite my many sins. He wants my love.
These are His rules. In the end there is God or No God.
People on here say the hell of fire is a fabrication. where ever we go that that place has no God. That much He does tell us for sure.
So if you want NO GOD..you are free to ignore him.
If you think it's abusive . that is what you think.
I am not going to change your mind and you will not change my belief in a heavenly Father. I do hope to live with Him someday:)
"In the end there is God or No God."

Not quite. There are other possibilities.

You can't call it a choice when not choosing leads to eternal torture.

By the way, what you are talking about is locking them in the basement AFTER they've disobeyed. For eternity. With torture. If that DOESN'T seem abusive to you, I find that very odd.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296945 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You kerp playing God, people do it all the time. I would think.a loving God would do this or that
You're not a loving God, your bitner. Ok?
Phone still.not charging well.
"You're not a loving God, your bitner. Ok?"

Neither is the being you believe in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min sonicfilter 1,431,557
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin Nation 32,399
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Brian_G 10,074
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 hr Joe Fortuna 257,121
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web