Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312674 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296867 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that punishing one's children by banishing them from our presence, or allowing them to go forever to a place of torture is the act of a reasonable parent? Really?
It's not "free will" if there is punishment for a choice the "parent" doesn't like.
My children had rules to follow. When they didn't follow them, there were consequences. But those were rules, there was no choice. I NEVER told them that the choice was theirs, and then punish them because they made the choice I didn't want them to make. That is the act of an abusive parent.
I understand your reasoning. We do not even say to our kids..you are free to disobey. But if you do you Will be punished.
We say don't do this..period or maybe you can burn yourselves if you touch this.

But they do have free will.( unless th e y are kept shackled..abuse)'
Our job is to watch them but we can't keep them for all harm and disobedience.

As far as God..I really do nit know why he wants us with him at all.
As far as I know He does for His reasons.
But He wants us only if we want Him. He does what He Can to call us in t o His love.

If I said I hate you and do it in the face of your care..why would you want to hang out with me. OR invite me to live with you.

We are cHild children we believe He gave a great sacrifice to give us a way while keeping perfect justice. All we have to do is accept it.

If we don't He doesn't strike us dead..usually. we are free to live out our lives. It's afterlife which many don't even believe in..
Which is at stake. He gives us every chance. BUT if we reject Him He doesn't have to live eternally with us..invite us into His home.
We already had the invitation and we tore it up.

So we don't get to live there. That is His to do. HE gave us life..paid our bill for sin. We didn't accept it so we go elsewhere.

For me it is simple. I want to be with Him for eternity. And I am not a small child with no knowledge. I know the consequences.

He doesn't reject little ones. He said for them to come to Him. That we should all be trusting and loving as they are.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#296868 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand your reasoning. We do not even say to our kids..you are free to disobey. But if you do you Will be punished.
We say don't do this..period or maybe you can burn yourselves if you touch this.
But they do have free will.( unless th e y are kept shackled..abuse)'
Our job is to watch them but we can't keep them for all harm and disobedience.
As far as God..I really do nit know why he wants us with him at all.
As far as I know He does for His reasons.
But He wants us only if we want Him. He does what He Can to call us in t o His love.
If I said I hate you and do it in the face of your care..why would you want to hang out with me. OR invite me to live with you.
We are cHild children we believe He gave a great sacrifice to give us a way while keeping perfect justice. All we have to do is accept it.
If we don't He doesn't strike us dead..usually. we are free to live out our lives. It's afterlife which many don't even believe in..
Which is at stake. He gives us every chance. BUT if we reject Him He doesn't have to live eternally with us..invite us into His home.
We already had the invitation and we tore it up.
So we don't get to live there. That is His to do. HE gave us life..paid our bill for sin. We didn't accept it so we go elsewhere.
For me it is simple. I want to be with Him for eternity. And I am not a small child with no knowledge. I know the consequences.
He doesn't reject little ones. He said for them to come to Him. That we should all be trusting and loving as they are.
Well, I was posting to the person who claims that only the born again will go to Heaven, Rose.

Still, there can be no true free will without a real choice, and there can be no real choice if there is punishment for making the "wrong" one.

Children often tell a parent "I hate you". Does the parent kick them out, or does the parent understand that the child is just upset, and doesn't really mean it? Furthermore, does the parent create a place of torture, ostensibly for others (Gtown's claim), and allow the child to go there for eternity? And if they did, wouldn't you consider THAT abuse?
Gtown71

United States

#296869 May 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you DO belittle other's faiths. Constantly.
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprised you're missing the point of what I said about the Pope?
<quoted text>
Nobody's asking you to "give on" anything regarding your faith. What's being said is MANY OF US DONT CARE what you believe, its simply not important to us, and you trying to beat us over the head WITH your beliefs, CONSTANTLY, is wrong and its counterproductive.
You think we dont see what you're trying to do, or trying to say. We DO. We simply reject it as not valid to US.
I respect your views and your right to have them and follow them. 100%. I'd fight and die for your right to do so. You would NOT do the same for me however, you would bore me to death AS I'm dying trying to convince me that I'm wrong and you are right and that I'm going to hell (as you've told me many times now) if I dont bow to your jesus.
Here's the thing: I'm NOT going to bow to your jesus. Not now, not ever. I'm married to a Christian, my child is Christian and I love them more than anything, but I will never give up MY faith for theirs. I truly believe that Heaven is filled with good people of ALL faiths.
Religion is a man-made thing, G-d didn't make it, and he's not going to exclude one of us from Heaven because I believe in Him and YOU believe in Jesus.
I MEANT what I said that your vision of heaven is hell to me, and I want nothing to do with it. RESPECT that. Disagree with it all you want, but agree to disagree and move the hell on.
Not one of us has tried to tell you to CHANGE your views, we're simply asking that you have enough respect for others to stop harranguing us with yours.
I'm SURE you have things to say on OTHER subjects, so SAY them. Join in the OTHER discussions we keep TRYING to have, but get sidetracked with this nonsense constantly. While you can slip in your views here and there, it DOSENT HAVE TO BE A CONSTANT REPEAT OF THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER.
There's a time and place for proselytizing, and you simply dont know the meaning of the word "limits", and its offensive.
Foo, here's the thing, good bad or ugly. I've really not been able to talk about much BUT GOD in the last 12 years.

I also believe that Your Jewish God is the One and Only God. Now my phone is dying "bitner :)"
I'll have to charge it.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296870 May 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you DO belittle other's faiths. Constantly.
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprised you're missing the point of what I said about the Pope?
<quoted text>
Nobody's asking you to "give on" anything regarding your faith. What's being said is MANY OF US DONT CARE what you believe, its simply not important to us, and you trying to beat us over the head WITH your beliefs, CONSTANTLY, is wrong and its counterproductive.
You think we dont see what you're trying to do, or trying to say. We DO. We simply reject it as not valid to US.
I respect your views and your right to have them and follow them. 100%. I'd fight and die for your right to do so. You would NOT do the same for me however, you would bore me to death AS I'm dying trying to convince me that I'm wrong and you are right and that I'm going to hell (as you've told me many times now) if I dont bow to your jesus.
Here's the thing: I'm NOT going to bow to your jesus. Not now, not ever. I'm married to a Christian, my child is Christian and I love them more than anything, but I will never give up MY faith for theirs. I truly believe that Heaven is filled with good people of ALL faiths.
Religion is a man-made thing, G-d didn't make it, and he's not going to exclude one of us from Heaven because I believe in Him and YOU believe in Jesus.
I MEANT what I said that your vision of heaven is hell to me, and I want nothing to do with it. RESPECT that. Disagree with it all you want, but agree to disagree and move the hell on.
Not one of us has tried to tell you to CHANGE your views, we're simply asking that you have enough respect for others to stop harranguing us with yours.
I'm SURE you have things to say on OTHER subjects, so SAY them. Join in the OTHER discussions we keep TRYING to have, but get sidetracked with this nonsense constantly. While you can slip in your views here and there, it DOSENT HAVE TO BE A CONSTANT REPEAT OF THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER.
There's a time and place for proselytizing, and you simply dont know the meaning of the word "limits", and its offensive.

Hey lady Good morning. Sent you mail:)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296871 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I was posting to the person who claims that only the born again will go to Heaven, Rose.
Still, there can be no true free will without a real choice, and there can be no real choice if there is punishment for making the "wrong" one.
Children often tell a parent "I hate you". Does the parent kick them out, or does the parent understand that the child is just upset, and doesn't really mean it? Furthermore, does the parent create a place of torture, ostensibly for others (Gtown's claim), and allow the child to go there for eternity? And if they did, wouldn't you consider THAT abuse?
I do understand what you are saying and God is God.

We may have been created by Him . He may love us and want none to perish. But we are not Children. We choose to love Him or not.
There are tines in the Old Testament where he had enough ..as with Sodom and allowing His people to be taken into slavery because if disobedience. In short He can say Enough already!!

He is not forced to invite us to his home if we hate him. He warns us in His word over and over. We are adults free to love Him or not.

If adult children constantly commit crimes.steak ..do drugs..after we try to help them or rehab them . A lot if parents kick them out. Don't want them around the other kids. Don't want to be robbed blind.

Again He is God and does what He will. HIS ways are not are ways.

And lol yes I know you were not speaking to me..just was tempted to answer.

But I will say this in answer to your and we can discuss something else.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#296872 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo, here's the thing, good bad or ugly. I've really not been able to talk about much BUT GOD in the last 12 years.
That's VERY sad.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#296873 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know aka - many people "including me " look at a woman having her unborn child killed as a Sin. You seem to think my affair as a Sin, yet neither will get you arrested, so what standard do you judge my affair by? If you say the bible, which is how I judge it, then you will notice, like I said, if you have had sexual relations with someone you're not married to, then that is called fornication, which is considered the same kind of sin according to God. He even takes it a step futher in the new testiment, and says if you even look upon another with lust, you have commited this sin. So are you still gonna say you're not a hypocrite?
I'm simply trying to show you, that God will judge you in a rightous way, and by the same standard you judge others.
I pray you learn the truth, since you seem to judge others on a scale that you make up as you go.
I've never had an abortion and I've never had an affair and I'm very happily married, love my husband to death am still IN LOVE with him for going on 30 years. I never "fornicated" before my marriage (he was my first)or looked at another man with lust in my heart. I'm not a religious hypocrite. I don't preach at others because they are not saved and then not go to church on Sunday. I'm not that "kind" of hypocrite.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296874 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do understand what you are saying and God is God.
We may have been created by Him . He may love us and want none to perish. But we are not Children. We choose to love Him or not.
There are tines in the Old Testament where he had enough ..as with Sodom and allowing His people to be taken into slavery because if disobedience. In short He can say Enough already!!
He is not forced to invite us to his home if we hate him. He warns us in His word over and over. We are adults free to love Him or not.
If adult children constantly commit crimes.steak ..do drugs..after we try to help them or rehab them . A lot if parents kick them out. Don't want them around the other kids. Don't want to be robbed blind.
Again He is God and does what He will. HIS ways are not are ways.
And lol yes I know you were not speaking to me..just was tempted to answer.
But I will say this in answer to your and we can discuss something else.
There is a vast difference between no letting someone in your home, just for saying they hate you, and making their only alternative a place of torture. Wouldn't you say?

Yes, he CAN say "enough". So can every other parent on earth. But if I banished MY child from my home, for saying they hated me, making their only alternative a torture chamber OF MY OWN DEVISING, wouldn't you call me an abusive parent?

And why would you choose to worship any God that less compassion of one of his creations?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#296875 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know and thanks for your answer. I am really not thin skinned. 2 things. He used that term directly to me during a dialogue..So for now he is not worth qualifying with.
But the bigger point is this. There has been a gradual change in society over the last 2 decades or so . Very gradual. Sadly not many noticed til recently.
If the poster has a AN that was outright offensive say to a Muslim. Or a person of color or about a person's orientation. They would be shunned or banned on Topix..And I would agree .
Christians can deserve to be targets..And be rude and have on here. I actually find that mire offensive than others who bite back.
I have said so to at least one poster on here because I believe nasty reflects badly on God.
We all have pretty thick skins. And can hold our own in an argument.
If we can't just stay off and write in a diary to oneself!!
That's not the point for me anyway. I find the offense in that this kind of behaviour in the real world is tolerated.
I do not like ..nor tolerate slurs towards any group of people
And I have heard it all in my long years. And it is called hate speech for a reason and I agree. But again it's ok against Christians.
With all this stuff about Christmas. As I said in a previous post.
Not so long ago we minded our own families . If I didn't want to worship..who cared. If I did who cared. Etc etc.
But now I do see a trend and that name ..especially if it is a song.
Is just offensive. But obviously ok to use on Topix. Since its here.
Fine. Free speech is great.
:)
But as I say I debated until he used it to me personally.
Thanks for reading lol.
I can understand your feelings and perceptions that we (society) are so sensitive/PC to other religions while showing no mercy to Christianity. I don't feel that any religious group deserves special consideration over all others...but that's just me. On this forum there are no Muslims or Jews preaching that their religion is the one true religion or that we'll find out they're right when we die and are judged, etc. To me, people can believe whatever they wish but I don't like to be told that someone elses belief is the "truth". I would say none of REALLY knows for sure what is the "truth".

I think *ffj* is having a bad reaction to people like Knut (razz) and other fundies that have graced this forum with their own special brand of intolerance.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#296876 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And y e t th err are people throughout history who are pure evil.
I don't know if you can chalk it all up to mental illness. That makes them seem more benign. Like sick and can't help it.
Like Gosnell..or Hitler..they were aberrant for sure. But evil is a better word Imo
Oh for sure there are people who are just plain no effen good.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#296877 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It may sound crazy to me, which it doesn't now but used to, yet anything spiritual can seem far fetched. Heaven /Hell /angels /demons.
Yet God says in Romans, that people are without excuse, since His creation alone is enough to tell us, there must be a creator.
Yes Hell is in the bible, and always has been.
Though some buy the lie that hell isn't and Gods not real.
This is why I'm here. I truly went from atheist - to believing in God. That's been over 12 years ago. MUST HAVE BEEN A BIG DEAL CHANGE IN MY LIFE, in order for me to still believe this stuff.
All people Sin -some more then others, but try and remember gossip to God is about as bad as it gets -we don't view SIN the same way He does, and that's why we can't understand it all.
We think if one hasn't killed anyone or raped anyone, then theu must not be that bad, right?
You've read the bible extensively, where is Hell mentioned?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#296878 May 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
His version of the bible may, depending on the translation, but the Tahaka does not. The word "hell" wasn't even around until about 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead. "Hell" as in the firey pit is a Christian construct, and while many religions refer to a type of hell, NONE agree on what it is.
Ah yes, the fiery pit that has become the eternal dwelling place of all non-believers. Well, at least I'll have quite a few friends there.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296879 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know aka - many people "including me " look at a woman having her unborn child killed as a Sin. You seem to think my affair as a Sin, yet neither will get you arrested, so what standard do you judge my affair by? If you say the bible, which is how I judge it, then you will notice, like I said, if you have had sexual relations with someone you're not married to, then that is called fornication, which is considered the same kind of sin according to God. He even takes it a step futher in the new testiment, and says if you even look upon another with lust, you have commited this sin. So are you still gonna say you're not a hypocrite?
I'm simply trying to show you, that God will judge you in a rightous way, and by the same standard you judge others.
I pray you learn the truth, since you seem to judge others on a scale that you make up as you go.
This version makes more sense, imo.

From "Devil's Advocate" John Milton says, " Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, fuckin' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118971/quotes

Gtown71

United States

#296880 May 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I've never had an abortion and I've never had an affair and I'm very happily married, love my husband to death am still IN LOVE with him for going on 30 years. I never "fornicated" before my marriage (he was my first)or looked at another man with lust in my heart. I'm not a religious hypocrite. I don't preach at others because they are not saved and then not go to church on Sunday. I'm not that "kind" of hypocrite.
I just got home from church, to find my phone not chrging much. I geuss you could read about what Jesus said to the rich young ruler, if you care. You seem to have alot in common with him.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296881 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got home from church, to find my phone not chrging much. I geuss you could read about what Jesus said to the rich young ruler, if you care. You seem to have alot in common with him.
"if you care."

NOW you're getting it.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296882 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a vast difference between no letting someone in your home, just for saying they hate you, and making their only alternative a place of torture. Wouldn't you say?
Yes, he CAN say "enough". So can every other parent on earth. But if I banished MY child from my home, for saying they hated me, making their only alternative a torture chamber OF MY OWN DEVISING, wouldn't you call me an abusive parent?
And why would you choose to worship any God that less compassion of one of his creations?
Well he'll scares the he'll out of me. Many posit it is fire or a place where you live without Go's presence as we think Sheol was.

The thing is again. He is God . I am not. He expects perfect justice for sin. Some believe you go to burn in purgatory before heaven.
What some of us believe is Christ paid in full. Our works may reap rewards in heaven or be as ash..But basically in eternity Heaven is HOME. God's house. WE are welcome if we love Him.

His house..His rules not ours.:(
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296883 May 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your feelings and perceptions that we (society) are so sensitive/PC to other religions while showing no mercy to Christianity. I don't feel that any religious group deserves special consideration over all others...but that's just me. On this forum there are no Muslims or Jews preaching that their religion is the one true religion or that we'll find out they're right when we die and are judged, etc. To me, people can believe whatever they wish but I don't like to be told that someone elses belief is the "truth". I would say none of REALLY knows for sure what is the "truth".
I think *ffj* is having a bad reaction to people like Knut (razz) and other fundies that have graced this forum with their own special brand of intolerance.
Well I was on one site a while back was religious in nature.
Y
Do not see Jews preaching for sure. BUT the Muslims want the whole world Muslim they say so openly.

Decades back the Commies said and behaved the same way as EXTREMIST Muslims.they don't just preach .Sadly. they threaten.

As forceful I will leave him to his opinions. Glad you see what I was saying. If His AN was F f b or f f a. He would probably be banned.

Imo. And btw..thanks for listening
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296884 May 19, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here ya go sweetie!
[email protected]
I hope you get a lot of emails from weirdos! How stupid of you to put your email on here.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#296885 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he'll scares the he'll out of me. Many posit it is fire or a place where you live without Go's presence as we think Sheol was.
The thing is again. He is God . I am not. He expects perfect justice for sin. Some believe you go to burn in purgatory before heaven.
What some of us believe is Christ paid in full. Our works may reap rewards in heaven or be as ash..But basically in eternity Heaven is HOME. God's house. WE are welcome if we love Him.
His house..His rules not ours.:(
bitner likes to play God you know, she is for abortion rights, the killing of innocent children.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296886 May 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw Razz and I think Prince think I'm a ringer. Go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Earl 1,458,396
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min Trojan 32,594
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 7 hr Yin 17
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat Eagle 12 258,039
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Fri Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web