Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313666 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#296827 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still is insulting but worse he makes the insults personal. I tried a dialogue. Forget it.
And I am used to disagreements from the pros on here..lol.
And answer all that I can. They are not rude.
Rose, as you know, there are some you just can't talk to on here. I mean they all can't be like me.:)

Hope this Sunday finds you well :)

With one more time me telling you, that I hope to be more like you in many ways when I grow up.:)

A young lady, from one of those cosmetology colleges cut my hair thursday, and out of all there, I'm glad they chose her, and believe it was a divine momment. Loosing most my family by age 22, I could relate when she told me how her dad died, when she was 8, and mom when she was 12.

Just when I want to throw myself a pitty party, God puts someone in my paty, that has had it much worse.

She did a great job, and one thing I believe in, is tipping well. She was a single.mom of a 5 year old girl. I also.like to say, when Gods people eat out "if they see you pray, they should see you pay "since I hate to see a table full of church folks, eating out, after church, being demanding and even rude to the waitress, then.leaving no tip.

Yes, I chase rabbits as I write. Lol

Have a great day rose!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296828 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Foo, would you forgive.me for offending you?
I will say if I was in war, I wouldn't mind having you fight next to me, even though I can imagine what you will say about this, it is still true :)
I will also tell you, that you are one of the first Jews I've encountered, and trying to see things from your angle.
:)

You have a good Sunday also

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#296829 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are right. I answered a few times but then he got rude. But it was like he wS on both sides with a thing for punctuation
Oh well different strokes
He seems like he's just an angry person, who likes making a fool of himself.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#296830 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Still is insulting but worse he makes the insults personal. I tried a dialogue. Forget it.
And I am used to disagreements from the pros on here..lol.
And answer all that I can. They are not rude.
He pisses off the fundies, and in that way I think he accomplishes his ultimate goal. But I think his target is the religious hypocrites.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#296831 May 19, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You and the other pagans offend Jesus. Not believers.
Jesus TOLD you I offend him? Why hasn't this made international news?? Where is the Pope in this? I thought the Divine only spoke via His Holiness?

You are right...I don't believe your mythology.

LMAO!!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#296832 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Prince. I truly only try to preach the truth.
Whether or not it is the truth in love or not??? God knows.
Of course the way I believe, is if one has ever "truly " become a christian, they are forever a christian, and many here may have been raised around christians, or in a christian home. I'm not sure they ever "truly " became a christian.
I noticed aka 47, lol -seems to have much much anger toward me, and others like her father. Who may or may not have been a christian, yet it seems he did things in a way that didn't set well with her.
We all do this, from time to time, some more then others.
Phillipians 1 tells us, that Christ can be preached in many different ways.
I do know the night I went from being a vile speaking, God hating atheist (yes God hating atheist. Lol)
I truly did not brlieve in God, and hated the very idea of one.
It was God I ws saying in my.mind. not Jesus! Yet God knows the heart of people, and He knows how to help His own kids with ignorance on many things :)
I hate to see aka attack me, for what I addmitted to doing before I was saved, but I knew full well this kinda stuff would happen. Notice when someone mentioned foo's grandpa, it offended many, yet when one offends a pro life that way, it gets overlooked :)
I only say that to try and show those who know not God, where do the draw a line on God and man?
I've tried to show, those who judge me for things I've done before Christ, that yes what I did was wrong, but by what standard do they judge me by, when many don't believe in Gid, and say SIN = SELF INFLICTED NONESENSE.
My message is always pretty simple and biblical -"we are all sinners, yet God can save us "
I do know though why people hate this message, and it is becouse they have always been those who hate that message.
Keep on keeping on bro. May our flesh be crucified, and our God be Glorified this day :)
"I truly only try to preach the truth."

No, you do not. You preach what you believe. If you want to claim it's "the truth" then support it with concrete proof, not personal anecdotes.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#296833 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still gracious to me, and for that I thank you.
As far as feces??? Only they and God truly know.
No doubt I've said things that has offended others myself, but again God knows my heart. I've also said things that others took to mean something totaly different, and no.longer speak to me. Pride is a horrible thing!!! Among other things. I truly believe in a real devil, and his demons. I don't blame all things on him, but he is great at his job, and tearing apart homes and other relationships.
He has came inbetween me and others I respect on here "although I just left myself open for a cpeter joke " :)
I see value in each and every person on here, and each one should have their voice heard.
Hope your day goes well. I geuss I'll be sitting in ole church, thumpin.my ole bible. Lol
Have you ever read about the rape of tamar? Many interesting stories in the bible. Hope you get a chance to read it, and read what happens to her rapist :)
As I'm sure you know, I don't believe in a Devil, but rather I think it is just our imperfect human nature sending us off the track now and again. And in many cases it's simply mental illness at work. Is a person with OCD or schizophrenia possessed? No, of course not, and so neither is a sociopath. And neither is a person who has chosen to be bitter over his life circumstances rather than remain positive.

We're often told by believers...God gave humans free will, but then they contradict that very belief by saying a satanic being is responsible for *the evil that men do*.

Enjoy your day.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#296834 May 19, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously they buy dead newborns. Why didn't this come out in the election. I am sure it would be good ammo.
But ok I find this so repulsive to make a profit off of abortion in any way. But this is ghoulish
It did come out.

Location hidden

#296835 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is where many I know would respond - YOU ARE A BIG LIAR!!!!
I'm not unemployeed, and although I'm not as z
Active in any ministry , the food bank is only one - two hours a week, and the same goes for the jail ministry :-
I've seen lives changed in both places, and again I won't call you a liar, as you have no problem.calling me, but aka- out of all on here, I feel sorry for you the most. Sorry your dad wasn't a great example, but when are who going to take responsibility for your life?
God is real, and your dad isn't the first to get drunk.. Oh and I agree with you about the other man you said was way more of a man, then I'll ever be :)
So 4 hours a week vs the 30 or so you spend on the computer. I'm most surprised your wife trusts you to be on that much unsupervised. When do you have time to work?
As for my father, he had no influence on my decision to no longer involve myself with organized religion. He was long dead when that happened and I explained it was the redundant preaching on hell fire for this and that. The same thing you do. My dad helped mold me to be the person I am today which is not a hypocrite.
Gtown71

United States

#296836 May 19, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I'm sure you know, I don't believe in a Devil, but rather I think it is just our imperfect human nature sending us off the track now and again. And in many cases it's simply mental illness at work. Is a person with OCD or schizophrenia possessed? No, of course not, and so neither is a sociopath. And neither is a person who has chosen to be bitter over his life circumstances rather than remain positive.
We're often told by believers...God gave humans free will, but then they contradict that very belief by saying a satanic being is responsible for *the evil that men do*.
Enjoy your day.
Well, of course I believe in a devil, but he never makes anyone do anything, unless they have invited him into their life.
He can tempt people, but most of what we do called sin, is from our own "flesh "
Most don't need the devils help. We do plenty on our own :(:
Gtown71

United States

#296837 May 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So 4 hours a week vs the 30 or so you spend on the computer. I'm most surprised your wife trusts you to be on that much unsupervised. When do you have time to work?
As for my father, he had no influence on my decision to no longer involve myself with organized religion. He was long dead when that happened and I explained it was the redundant preaching on hell fire for this and that. The same thing you do. My dad helped mold me to be the person I am today which is not a hypocrite.
Hypocrite, is a missused word. The way you try to make it fit me, will fit you just as well.

Do you ever get onto your children for doing something wrong? Yet did you do something wrong as a child? What does that make you?

I realize you think little of me, and highly of yourself, but I truly only care what God thinks of me "and you " when it is all said and done.

Have a nice day :)
Gtown71

United States

#296838 May 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So 4 hours a week vs the 30 or so you spend on the computer. I'm most surprised your wife trusts you to be on that much unsupervised. When do you have time to work?
Plus ak, many preach on you go to hell if you do this, or if you do that.

I only say people go to Hell for rejecting God. All other is sins, that are covered the momment someone puts their faith and trust in God almighty.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#296839 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypocrite, is a missused word. The way you try to make it fit me, will fit you just as well.
Do you ever get onto your children for doing something wrong? Yet did you do something wrong as a child? What does that make you?
I realize you think little of me, and highly of yourself, but I truly only care what God thinks of me "and you " when it is all said and done.
You really think that punishing one's children by banishing them from our presence, or allowing them to go forever to a place of torture is the act of a reasonable parent? Really?

It's not "free will" if there is punishment for a choice the "parent" doesn't like.

My children had rules to follow. When they didn't follow them, there were consequences. But those were rules, there was no choice. I NEVER told them that the choice was theirs, and then punish them because they made the choice I didn't want them to make. That is the act of an abusive parent.

Location hidden

#296840 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to make it fit you? LOL. Hypocrite. Big difference in being a child and doing something wrong than being an adult and sleeping with another woman. You don't know what God thinks of you lol.
Gtown71

United States

#296841 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think that punishing one's children by banishing them from our presence, or allowing them to go forever to a place of torture is the act of a reasonable parent? Really?
It's not "free will" if there is punishment for a choice the "parent" doesn't like.
My children had rules to follow. When they didn't follow them, there were consequences. But those were rules, there was no choice. I NEVER told them that the choice was theirs, and then punish them because they made the choice I didn't want them to make. That is the act of an abusive parent.
Yes, and I'm sure you treat YOUR CHILDREN different, then you would a stranger.
People become a CHILD OF GOD when they agree with Him about who they are, and accept Him free gift of salvation.

Luke 16, tells a true story about a rich man "God doesn't "know " him " and a poor man named Lazeruth "notice God knows his name? "

Last thing a lost person hears, is depart from me, I never knew you.

God doesnt tell His children this
Gtown71

United States

#296842 May 19, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Try to make it fit you? LOL. Hypocrite. Big difference in being a child and doing something wrong than being an adult and sleeping with another woman. You don't know what God thinks of you lol.
Sure I know what God thinks of me. He foregave me.
For the affair 13 years ago.

I also know if anyone has had sex outside of marriage, He looks at them the same as an adulteror, but I'm sure you've never done such a thing :)

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296843 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
People become a CHILD OF GOD when they agree with Him about who they are, and accept Him free gift of salvation.
Luke 16, tells a true story about a rich man "God doesn't "know " him " and a poor man named Lazeruth "notice God knows his name? "
You can't say in one breath that all are sinners, and then claim that your God doesn't punish "his children". And that IS what you are attempting to do. You can't have it both ways. Stop trying to cover all the basis. If your beliefs made any sense at all, you wouldn't have to.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296844 May 19, 2013
LOL, bases.

<Bitner goes in search of more coffee>

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296845 May 19, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, it's not up to ME to make rules for, or punish a "stranger".
Gtown71

United States

#296846 May 19, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't say in one breath that all are sinners, and then claim that your God doesn't punish "his children". And that IS what you are attempting to do. You can't have it both ways. Stop trying to cover all the basis. If your beliefs made any sense at all, you wouldn't have to.
All sin -some belong to God "they are His children, through a spiritual adoption " others are not. The bible even says they belong to their father the devil.
Do you have kids? Are all kids in the world yours? If you adopted a kid or two, would all the kids in the world be yours? What's so hard to understand?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,509,134
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 18 hr AnyonePhartss 32,820
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Sat BuzzerPhartss 2
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web