Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313951 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296702 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Monsanto corp?? WTF?
Oh honey. For the last 50 years, Monsanto corp has been busy as hell. Originally the producer of Agent Orange, it moved on to DDT, and from there has become the leading manufacturer of pesticide and herbicide in the world. In the last couple of decades, however, it has been diverting its attention to bioengineering - the new euphemism for 'genetically mutating organisms' otherwise known as 'frankenfood'- and has succeeded in getting the US and other governments to pass legislation preventing it from having to test their products, allowing them to sell GMOs without labeling, and prohibiting their liability for any adverse effects in the general population.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Their latest adventure has involved the US patent office. Monsanto HAS PATENTED, AND OWNS OUTRIGHT, the DNA codes of TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND varieties of crop plants. Nearly every crop grown on earth. And for the last ten years or so, has been engaged in proving the crops of small, heirloom, and organic farmers to be cross-pollinated with 'THEIR'
DNA. They've successfully prosecuted hundreds of these folks, for patent infringement, and judges are levying crippling fines...which, when they prove unpayable, result in the loss of the land itself.....

Not kidding.
Google it.

Long story short, Monsanto wants to control the world agriculture market, provide enough food to feed 10 billion people, and sit back to watch their customer base expand to fill the supply.

And if they succeed in the second, I can guarantee the third.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296703 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is completely true! And while I do understand what Rose is saying, that aboriton is not a "natural maternal instinct", I dont necessisarily agree with it in ALL instances.
For many that abort, it IS a maternal instinct - some women simply know they can't or wont be good mothers, and seek to rectify that by having an abortion. 98% of women that do this, do it in the first trimester as statistics prove.
This isn't unlike animal mothers who kill their young to control their numbers. We dont kill our young, but we DO prevent those young from being born to begin with. There was a time when infanticide was common for similiar reasons, thankfully we've gotten past THAT horrid bit of history for the most part.
Oh no not both of you. Ok I'll try.

You said once about generational. For me it is awful to see such a change in what society accepts as normal.

It was not that way. Of course the law changed. But I see more abuse since we got so used to taking life out of the womb in such huge numbers. And I am sorry but they aren't all failed contraception.

As far as the mother's not wanting more children.How in your heart can you say I love this one but the next I will kill.

I was a divorced single mom . I had already lost one child to adoption. I could not use BC pills or IUDs. Complications.
Ok one kid and multiple jobs..no way to supporters any more. BUT
I knew also I could never abort a child. Not after feeling them both inside me. No way anyone could possibly tell me it's just cells no biggie.
So I got my tubes tied.

With all that's available now..I think it's horrid there are so many.
And yes some fail but going just by the frequency a lot has to do with not being responsible. And that on us women as always.

Now on your example. I could much more understand a young girl being convinced that it's just a clump of cells and expendable. Than a mother who had carried a child feeling that her next child is.
That to me is so much more. unnatural there is no degree to describe it.
Imo. But I go back to we are made to nurture. As mothers which we are when pregnant. And if a mom knows she can't have more kids do what she can to prevent it!!!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#296704 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No you dont. You lecture AT them, and ignore all responses you dont like. You're a stupid, arrogant, stubborn fool.
He reminds me of my dad. Literally a Bible thumper. Dad would have us all around the kitchen table thumping is index finger down on the Bible telling us what sinners we all were all the while swaying in his chair drunk from the Budweiser lol.
worships reality

AOL

#296705 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>WTF are you babbling about now? She's not antisemitic, and her views dont reflect that at ALL. You're just another trying to stir shit for no reason. Fk off troll.
she's a blatant anti semite. she might as well wear a sign. and her views reflect exactly that.
not stirring shit. stating fact.
interestingly enough i notice that the degree to which you realize you are wrong is directly proportional to your use of profanity.
you're the type that can be read like a book. so transparent.
worships reality

AOL

#296706 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>She did nothing to be humiliated about. SHe made a mistake, admitted it and moved on. Something you dont have the class to do yourself.
sorry but she did not admit it. your attempts at revisionist history notwithstanding. she made a pathetic attempt to explain her confusion by saying she did not have her glasses and mistook a colon for a semi colon. which makes absolutely no sense because if she did that, then why would she still define what she thought was a semi colon, as a colon? she had a chance to, as you said, admit her mistake, but she chose the liar's way out.
and make no mistake. she did a lot more than just not know the difference in basic punctuation. she attempted to humiliate another poster by calling them a 3rd grade drop out and then proceeded to explain how she was going to school this 3rd grade drop out on basic punctuation. punctuation that she subsequently demonstrated she had no clue about herself. that's not simply making a mistake, admitting it and moving on. that's the type of humiliation that would send anyone with an ounce of pride into hiding for a while. but not her. she hasn't missed a beat. not only still here, but amazingly still here and with the gall to call others stupid and uneducated. not one ounce of pride or shame.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#296707 May 17, 2013
I did all that; the thing's possessed.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you try an external mouse? And disable the keypad if you can. Just a thought I gave on 8 also. These intermediate fixes and new innovations don't always come out well imo. ME kind of was trash
Here is another thought did you update explore r. That messes up older machines. Made for newer ones. Also newer isn't better
I use Firefox on both my 7 and x p. Works fine and I'm 2 generations behind on explorers
Good luck

Indianapolis

#296708 May 17, 2013
Gave up on the "arguing troll" exchange you provided.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
cringingly unfunny.
give up on the 'not guilty means innocent' tripe?
i might've known.

Indianapolis

#296709 May 17, 2013
Anything I do would be more important than worshipping your rape-god.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no you don't.
worships reality

AOL

#296710 May 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the difference between 'anti-Semitism'(the word 'Semites' refers to the languages of both Jewish AND Arabic folks, just by the way,) and 'anti-colonialism'.
Why am I not surprised??
it's the accepted term for what garbage like you engages in.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/anti-Semitis...

a jew hater by any other name would smell just as putrid.

whatever "you" want to call it however, thanks for not being insulting and denying it.
worships reality

AOL

#296711 May 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Gave up on the "arguing troll" exchange you provided.
<quoted text>
sure. after more than a half dozen posts in which you impotently attempt to argue your stupidity, all of a sudden i am a troll you won't entertain.

lol
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296712 May 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh honey. For the last 50 years, Monsanto corp has been busy as hell. Originally the producer of Agent Orange, it moved on to DDT, and from there has become the leading manufacturer of pesticide and herbicide in the world. In the last couple of decades, however, it has been diverting its attention to bioengineering - the new euphemism for 'genetically mutating organisms' otherwise known as 'frankenfood'- and has succeeded in getting the US and other governments to pass legislation preventing it from having to test their products, allowing them to sell GMOs without labeling, and prohibiting their liability for any adverse effects in the general population.
But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Their latest adventure has involved the US patent office. Monsanto HAS PATENTED, AND OWNS OUTRIGHT, the DNA codes of TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND varieties of crop plants. Nearly every crop grown on earth. And for the last ten years or so, has been engaged in proving the crops of small, heirloom, and organic farmers to be cross-pollinated with 'THEIR'
DNA. They've successfully prosecuted hundreds of these folks, for patent infringement, and judges are levying crippling fines...which, when they prove unpayable, result in the loss of the land itself.....
Not kidding.
Google it.
Long story short, Monsanto wants to control the world agriculture market, provide enough food to feed 10 billion people, and sit back to watch their customer base expand to fill the supply.
And if they succeed in the second, I can guarantee the third.
And let me just say..yuk on Monsanto

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296713 May 17, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the accepted term for what garbage like you engages in.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/anti-Semitis...
a jew hater by any other name would smell just as putrid.
whatever "you" want to call it however, thanks for not being insulting and denying it.
Piffle.

Again.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296714 May 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I did all that; the thing's possessed.
<quoted text>
Well that exhausts my knowledge. reformat??

You can still get a windows 7 .on amazon surprised me. From 300 or so. If you can ??
From what I see 8 is no bargain at any price..too much integration. All gust live stuff.

Good luck
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296715 May 17, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Your belief is your own,but there is no evidence to support such a thing. Your creator(s) are your mother and father. Science & facts have more relevance than a personal, unproven "belief".
You are a bitter, angry old lezbo pagan. Despite your hate filled heart, Jesus loves you.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296717 May 17, 2013
you are right wrote:
What a bore you are. Long winded posts lime this make you look stupid.<quoted text>
'

You are right!!!
Gtown71

United States

#296718 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your kind certainly HAS killed Jews and Muslims and others in history, and your bullshit rhetoric is not that far a leap to that again.
And you certainly DO TRY to persecute and oppress with your complete bullshit claims about my faith and my people, not to mention the differing spiritual views (or LACK of views) of everyone else here.
Fortunately you alone are meaningless and impotent to effect anything but complete revulsion on others.
<quoted text>
Obviously YOU do NOT as evidenced by your lies about them here. Such as your nonsense about how your jesus is my g-d whether I like it or believe it or not.
The FACT is that your jesus is not and will NEVER be my g-d, nor will he EVER be the g-d of the Jewish faith.
Further, we are in Heaven and will CONTINUE to inhabit G-d's kingdom whether YOU believe that or not, and your jesus has ZERO to do with that. DEAL WITH IT already and stop lying about it.
<quoted text>
I'm NOT sorry that my and my people's complete rejection of your view upsets you, but it is what it is, and if you can't accept that, its YOUR tough shit moment, not mine or ours.
Your claims mean less than nothing to me, or to those of the Jewish faith and those of OTHER faiths. You're free to believe it, but you're NOT free to act as if it has ANY validity TO us.
What I'm telling you is Jesus Christ is the only way to Heaven no.matter who.likes it.

No one can force you to brlieve.

What one person can talk you into, another can talk you out of.

How I know this, is becouse He saved me -a person who didn't believe in God.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296719 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine Rose, but he's shared it. Ad nauseum. Enough already. He's no better than Knutter, who you YOURSELF admits harms your faith. He's JUST as harmful, there's no doubt about it. Its embarassing, its annoying, its insulting and franky, its LYING.
This is a man that has said to me, on NUMEROUS occasions, that I'm going to hell, because as a Jew, I reject his version of faith.
Last night, he said point blank that it didn't matter what I thought, his jesus WAS my g-d.
That kind of thing coming from him or anyone else SHOULD outrage you as much as anything Knutter says, as its JUST as insulting and demeaning to ALL people of the Jewish faith.
As beautiful a faith as Christianity can be, it is in equal measure just as ugly when in the hands of proselytizing fools like Gtown. He's no better than the Fred Phelps of this world, and a LOT less intelligent.
We are told to spread the good news. You hate him for his Faith, you hate him because he is a Christian, you hate hem because he is telling the truth.
Gtown71

United States

#296720 May 17, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>What is the point in warning ppl about something they don't believe exists? You can't prove it exists, and you're not qualified to preach it does. You're not a Theologian. You're a redneck, country boy, who cheated on his wife, and has a bastard child that he doesn't support that's all they see you as. I as well.
It is what you see, becouse it is what you wish to see, you have no idea what I do with the child I had out of an affair, BEFORE I was saved.

Plus I've admitted my sin and have told you and others how to be forgiven for yours, but I geuss you're to good of a person to be forgiven?
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#296721 May 17, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>He reminds me of my dad. Literally a Bible thumper. Dad would have us all around the kitchen table thumping is index finger down on the Bible telling us what sinners we all were all the while swaying in his chair drunk from the Budweiser lol.
That explains it.

Another former Christian, now a pagan with daddy issues. You pagans are all the same and your backstories are the same.

I hated my mean daddy so I renounced the Faith and became a pagan, that showed him.

Time to grow up child.
Gtown71

United States

#296722 May 17, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL @ preach. "Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment" (James 3:1).
If you knew much about God, you would know He don't call smart men, or highly educated theologins to preach His Word.

You use your own way of thinking and what happened to you by your father to judge God.

I used to do the same thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min VetnorsGate 1,521,726
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web