Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
278,661 - 278,680 of 305,461 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296617 May 17, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You're a ratchety ol forum troll trying to stir up discourse between Foo and Rose because they are friends and have a mutual respect for one another. Something you can't accomplish to do except with those just like you..........ratchet.
Knutter is a failure at all she does, INLCUDING stirring shit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296618 May 17, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
Save the planet and all the endangered species, but kill all the useless people...that makes perfect sense.
Since it's the people that endanger the other species, by means so numerous there is no cataloguing them all, I say yes, actually, it DOES make perfect sense. If humans were wiped off the face of the earth, the rest of the creatures here would breathe a giant sigh of relief.

Everything that creeps upon the earth, and all manner of plants, are part of the circle of life - it isn't just humans who are important - but the concept of 'dominion over the earth' has never occurred to any other species but us.

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but humans do not. Humans move to an area, and we multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed, and the only way we can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. We're a plague.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#296619 May 17, 2013
Same talking points? You mean like your bible stories and your unprovable creationism?

Simp. Nice deflection, since you couldn't refute what I posted.
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anyway you people can come up with your on ideas, or use a different atheists web page. Thease same talking points are getting very old.
Its a shame those proto-gorillas didn't have enough sense to have kept a journal, to have kept up with their transformation into humans.
Then you all would have a journal of life, ie the Bible, to use as your referance, when you all get stumped.
But I will give you all credit, it takes guts to tell your kids and/or family they derived from gorillas, or monkeys !!!!

Location hidden

#296620 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 42, and yes my father fought. He was 52 when I was born :)
I have his papers here, and noticed he was at normandy, just not sure when.
Given Normandy was June 6 1944, its not hard to figure out. He wouldn't have been there before, and within a year the war was over.

Location hidden

#296621 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and you're so arrogant you don't believe Jesue has anything to do with it.
You could know what happens as well, and if you had Jesus as savior, you would have boldness to tell others. Plus you would love others eniugh to tell them.
You're SO full of shit Gtown. THere's millions of people that believe in Jesus, but have no need to shove that view down others throats. Get the hell over yourself already.

Location hidden

#296622 May 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Beating others over the head with your 'religion' is not love.
In your case, it's INTENSELY counterproductive - you are turning people farther away from wanting to develop a relationship with the 'god' you claim to worship.
Every time you post.
Just so you know.
Exactly. And here's a wild guess, he ignored this like he ignores everything he doesn't like. Lets read on and see if I'm right again.....

Location hidden

#296623 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth
The relationship goes both ways God is always there. He does call. Sometimes over and over. As sometimes we hear. Sometimes we ignore .we think hmm is that a coincidence ..etc..
The answer..that part is up to us:)
You said the key phrase - its G-d's call, NOT Gtowns. He doesn't speak for G-d. Thankfully!

Indianapolis

#296624 May 17, 2013
It's XP pro. It's just hateful!
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it Windows 8? That sh*t happens all the time with mine.
My cursor seems to have its own ideas... I'll be writing something and next thing I'm dropping down half a page trying to find the cursor. grrr!
Gtown71

United States

#296625 May 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Dying is also natural, then. And outside intervention, such as a feeding tube, or any other kind of medical intervetion, is not. Why, then, do we go to doctors?
Why do you feel a feeding tube that terrie shiviavo had was unnatural, but having an abortion is natural?

You're smart, and I know you know the difference in a spontanious abortion, and one bought and paid for.

Oh and the other day on Helen Keller, I meant when she was young, not after much time and effort was spent on communications were spent on her.

Location hidden

#296626 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
Ok we believe He set up natural laws. For everything
That people used plants to do something like abortion was using them in a way that was not natural.
With all due respect Rose, but says who?

How do you know this isn't EXACTLY what G-d had in mind for those plants?
We were made man and woman. With parts that allow us to procreate.
A natural outcome is offspring or else the species die out. That is what's natural.
The species isn't dying out, for the same reasons it doesn't die out because of cancer or other medical issues we ALSO deal with my interfering with the "natural" process.

We were given free will. If G-d doesn't want abortion to exist, one can argue that he simply wouldn't have made it possible. One can't question G-d, so as humans, we do the best we can with the free will he gave us.

This boils down to me, to if G-d dont like it, HE will deal with it, one on one with the women making the choices.

Its ultimately between Him and them, nobody elses OPINION means anything.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296627 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
:) thanks ..Lol.I occasionally have moments of brevity. Not often..Lol
But Rose, you are very much what I aspire to, in matters of nicety. Pithy, but unfailingly polite.

I actually rather treasure your outlook, as it usually seems so considerate. Something to look forward to, even when we don't agree.

:)

Indianapolis

#296628 May 17, 2013
So the first vaginal activity she had was childbirth...with no anesthetic?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the main thing ..it was not creepy for Mary. She was not required to have carnal knowledge in order to acquiesce like the supposed pagan God's with their phony priest standing in for the "gods"' to me that is creepy. Just sayin.
It is a mystery of Faith. We believe that in order for the sacrifice to be perfect..it had to be a Man without sin..but there were none. JESUS was fully man (through Mary) and fully God.
He had to be. The perfect unblemished lamb led to slaughter.
Gtown71

United States

#296629 May 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A baby elephant requires a mother's care for years; taking a pair of babies would have done extreme harm. BTW--where does it say they took yo9ung animals. Even if they happened to have missed that detail, they would have had to gather platypuses from australia, llamas from south america, penguins from the south pole, etc. Then, of course, you have the thousands of species of
birds, bats, insects, worms, etc. Even with all those, you would have needed to meet all their dietary needs (including carnivores). The queen mary would be way too small for such a trip.
<quoted text>
It doesn't say they were babies, it just said two of each "kind" not species, and that was of the unclean animals, since they had 7 of the clean.

It is only commom sense they didn't have to get the largest animals. It was a very big boat. A rich guy in Austraila is building a replica now.

May have only been two dogs on board, that all dogs today came from?

Indianapolis

#296630 May 17, 2013
You expected Manischewitz, maybe?
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that Jesus' blood tastes like Gallo Burgundy?

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#296631 May 17, 2013
pups wrote:
<quoted text>
FOO !!
Hey girl ..
It has been a while ..
My home comp is on the fritz so I don't go on too often ..
So long .. that I have forgotten my sign in info .. LOL !!
How have you been anyways ??
Pupsy! Long time no see! Glad to see you. I hope all is well with you and your family.:o)
Gtown71

United States

#296632 May 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, just like slavers here, he would have the right to breed the wenches, right?
You can worship the rape-god. I have better things to do.
<quoted text>
Was no rape, but feel free to find all the false fault you wish, to keep you from comming to God.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#296633 May 17, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, just like slavers here, he would have the right to breed the wenches, right?
You can worship the rape-god. I have better things to do.
<quoted text>
She wasn't forced CPTER. She said let it be done. And God would not have chosen her if she was going to say no. He knew of her long before she was born

There was no intercourse. Nothing in scripture which is where we get this info ..says anything remotely like that.
I know you don't believe any of this..But we are,discussing here what was said about her.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#296634 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Katie..though it will be a repeat of something I probably said someplace before.
There is a huge difference. Yes the pregnancy ends in both..no matter the stage. But if a woman WILLINGLY goes to a Dr to end it. SHE is ending the human life of her Own offspring. More than likely a healthy offspring. This is NOT a natural thing for a human mother. And it can take a toll on her too.
In other stages when she can feel the movement that was already there it would be harder to my mind. Maybe not that day.
Ok one example
How would you tell a child who knows you ate pregnant...I am going to a clinic and when I come back there will be no brother or sister ..and probably not a conversation to have. But it us a toll it can take on the woman herself to know that is just what she did. USE BC. It works most of the time..
.But in the normal human nature. We women are meant to be murderers..this is how a species survives. It is normal and natural for us.
Now I know that there are women with NO part of the maternal in them.
IMO they should have their tubes tied or some other form if long term contraception. In some of the cases we see in the news. I'D love to help them do it!!!! With s blunt knife. But we are civilized. And to me that also means we do not end life in the womb.
Our own or others.
Use protection is the answer or don't have sex. Not perfect but imo better than abortion
Ok done lol
I do not agree there is a "huge difference" between spontaneous and induced abortions. Both mean pregnancy ended prior to term. The only difference I see is that spontaneous abortion usually, but not always, ends wanted pregnancy. Induced abortion ends unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy.

With that in mind, please give medical reasons why women should not want to end their unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies in the earliest stages. Ninety-eight percent of all abortions occur within the first trimester. Those are what's being addressed.

As for your arguments/reasoning against abortion, I hear you. Have heard these same arguments/reasoning from the whole bunch of you over the years. It's as if you've all read from the same script and use the same talking points.

Indianapolis

#296635 May 17, 2013
Dogs come from wolves. Domestic cats, however, have more than one progenitor. Where'd they get the platypuses and penguins?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't say they were babies, it just said two of each "kind" not species, and that was of the unclean animals, since they had 7 of the clean.
It is only commom sense they didn't have to get the largest animals. It was a very big boat. A rich guy in Austraila is building a replica now.
May have only been two dogs on board, that all dogs today came from?

Location hidden

#296636 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet having someone tell me how I should represent God, WHO DOESN'T KNOW GOD.
Lets stop right there. Many of us DO know G-d. Who in the hell do you think YOU are to tell others - whether they're Christian or not, that they dont know G-d??? You ain't SHIT son!

You dont speak for me, you dont speak for ANYONE here, you CERTAINLY dont speak for G-d. You speak for YOURSELF ONLY, and your OPINIONS, you speak NO facts.
is like me "who has No experience as a nurse, try and tell elise or others nurses how they should do their job.
See, that's the thing, its Elise's JOB, she's paid to DO her job, she's TRAINED to do her job. She's ASKED to do her job.

Nobody's asking you to bore us with your arrogant, bullshit, LYING lectures about your version of FAITH. You certainly dont know more about G-d than I do, in fact - you dont actually know SHIT about G-d as I believe in Him for example. Worse, you dont CARE to know about others faiths or beliefs. You ignore EVERYTHING you've been told.
Plus it's is hard to do on an open forum.
In the world, if I'm talking to someone who isn't saved, I approach it alittle differently.

I'm sure you do. For one thing, you would get punched in the mouth if you said some of the bullshit you say here. For whatever reason, you think its perfectly okay to harass and lie TO and ABOUT people here as you do about me on a regular basis for just one example.
When someone openly, willingly, curses my God, then they need a different kind of responce then Jesus loves you.
Yes, they need you to take the hint and shut up about it. If you aggrivate people to the point where they're cursing you and your version of g-d IRL, its time to move on. YOU are doing something very wrong, not them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,100,559
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 36 min Eagle 12 226,390
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 59 min Bruin Nation 27,092
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••