Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318348 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296683 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> I'll write back after getting done here <<grin>>
<quoted text>
LOL I dont know what happens. My thought on that is that the murder of Jackie wasn't about John at all, nothing political to it. He went after her because of something that happened with her father (who history tell's us wasn't a good man and made a lot of enemies), but of course, it TURNS political. I'd have to do a lot more research on her family history to flesh this idea out....
...wanna be a research assistant? <<grin>>
Sounds like a great start. And lets face it with fiction you can make up a lot on the personalities and stuff.
The rest is all there and sure lol why not. But Don't tell me the ending.
A lot publish ebooks only..think Amazon gives info.

But it would be a huge time investment.

Had ideas of my own but none as interesting. And then I read books with dialog like I'd write. ugh nah

I love to read too much

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#296684 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Human women today can prevent pregnancy and yes not natural.
once she IS pregnant it is natural for her body to nurture not kill kill her offspring..that is NOT normal human maternal instinct.
And yes I do not approve of abortion. And if we are talking about animals. Most of them do what is necessary for survival. They are geared for that . Even the example you gave was for the survival of her other young. That is not what we do but in its way it's maternal. As you said they don't kill the healthy one.
Maternal. Maternity. Mother naturally nurturing of the young.
Abortion on demand is not maternal in any way. It's unnatural .. butcher have made it the norm. That's sad
A pet hamster randomly eating her young is not doing it for anyone's survival, not her young's, not hers. She is not doing it because they are not healthy. And yet instinct drives her, and you're claiming instinct is natural.

Again, no medical intervetion is "natural", and yet we do it all the time. So the point is not that it's not "natural", it's that it's an "unnaturalness" that you don't personally approve of.
That is the bottom line.

A woman can try to prevent pregnancy when she has sex. And if that attempt fails, she can use medical intervention to rid herself of an unwanted pregnancy. It is no more, or less, unnatural than practicing birth control in the first place, or taking medications/having surgery for any OTHER unwanted medical condition.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296685 May 17, 2013
Hey Rose, check your mail.....
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296686 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No mam, my kind doesn't kill and persrcute jews.
They love them, and bless them as Gods chosen people.
I'm sorry I upset you so much, but my God and His Son loves you!!
Hitler like many others used some weird religious reasons as excuses to Take everything in his path. He was just better at it than most. Read how he just bowled over country after country. Nothing to do with religion. But he did use it. Said Jesus wasn't Jewish. Lots of garbage for his compulsions. Aryan race b s. Like I said before must not have had a mirror. LEBENSBORNS. breed Aryan babies for the fatherland .

Total megalomaniac.

But history does show Christians using stupid logic to kill Jews and others after trying to force conversions. The Inquisition cones to mind. And a lot of it political too..

Do you wonder why the Jewish people contacted Jesus as Lord. Historically Christians have not at all reflected Christian love at all.

These are the same kind of minds who burned bibles and other Christains for having and distributing them. Only the Church can know what the bible REALLY means.

This country was founded basically by those forced into religions they wanted nothing to do with. THANK GOD.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296687 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Reading now just finished my last post here. You should read:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296688 May 17, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
i missed something. when did this place change from a forum on abortion and roe v wade to a vehicle for the spewing of your virulent anti semitism?
You missed the difference between 'anti-Semitism'(the word 'Semites' refers to the languages of both Jewish AND Arabic folks, just by the way,) and 'anti-colonialism'.

Why am I not surprised??

Location hidden

#296689 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No mam, my kind doesn't kill and persrcute jews.
Your kind certainly HAS killed Jews and Muslims and others in history, and your bullshit rhetoric is not that far a leap to that again.

And you certainly DO TRY to persecute and oppress with your complete bullshit claims about my faith and my people, not to mention the differing spiritual views (or LACK of views) of everyone else here.

Fortunately you alone are meaningless and impotent to effect anything but complete revulsion on others.
They love them, and bless them as Gods chosen people.
Obviously YOU do NOT as evidenced by your lies about them here. Such as your nonsense about how your jesus is my g-d whether I like it or believe it or not.

The FACT is that your jesus is not and will NEVER be my g-d, nor will he EVER be the g-d of the Jewish faith.

Further, we are in Heaven and will CONTINUE to inhabit G-d's kingdom whether YOU believe that or not, and your jesus has ZERO to do with that. DEAL WITH IT already and stop lying about it.
I'm sorry I upset you so much, but my God and His Son loves you!!
I'm NOT sorry that my and my people's complete rejection of your view upsets you, but it is what it is, and if you can't accept that, its YOUR tough shit moment, not mine or ours.

Your claims mean less than nothing to me, or to those of the Jewish faith and those of OTHER faiths. You're free to believe it, but you're NOT free to act as if it has ANY validity TO us.

Location hidden

#296690 May 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
A pet hamster randomly eating her young is not doing it for anyone's survival, not her young's, not hers. She is not doing it because they are not healthy. And yet instinct drives her, and you're claiming instinct is natural.
Again, no medical intervetion is "natural", and yet we do it all the time. So the point is not that it's not "natural", it's that it's an "unnaturalness" that you don't personally approve of.
That is the bottom line.
A woman can try to prevent pregnancy when she has sex. And if that attempt fails, she can use medical intervention to rid herself of an unwanted pregnancy. It is no more, or less, unnatural than practicing birth control in the first place, or taking medications/having surgery for any OTHER unwanted medical condition.
This is completely true! And while I do understand what Rose is saying, that aboriton is not a "natural maternal instinct", I dont necessisarily agree with it in ALL instances.

For many that abort, it IS a maternal instinct - some women simply know they can't or wont be good mothers, and seek to rectify that by having an abortion. 98% of women that do this, do it in the first trimester as statistics prove.

This isn't unlike animal mothers who kill their young to control their numbers. We dont kill our young, but we DO prevent those young from being born to begin with. There was a time when infanticide was common for similiar reasons, thankfully we've gotten past THAT horrid bit of history for the most part.

Location hidden

#296691 May 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the difference between 'anti-Semitism'(the word 'Semites' refers to the languages of both Jewish AND Arabic folks, just by the way,) and 'anti-colonialism'.
Why am I not surprised??
You are not surprised, because its obvious that idiot is a troll, that comes here NEVER for discussion, but ONLY to troll for trouble where none exists.

The very IDEA that anyone would consider you of all people an anti-semite is simply laughable!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#296692 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is completely true! And while I do understand what Rose is saying, that aboriton is not a "natural maternal instinct", I dont necessisarily agree with it in ALL instances.
For many that abort, it IS a maternal instinct - some women simply know they can't or wont be good mothers, and seek to rectify that by having an abortion. 98% of women that do this, do it in the first trimester as statistics prove.
This isn't unlike animal mothers who kill their young to control their numbers. We dont kill our young, but we DO prevent those young from being born to begin with. There was a time when infanticide was common for similiar reasons, thankfully we've gotten past THAT horrid bit of history for the most part.
Agreed :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296693 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I worry that if abortion is criminalized, and driven underground, that infanticide will become more prevalent as the population explodes. Every time we come up with a way to increase the food supply, the population grows proportionally.

Monsanto corporation is bound and determined to get world population up to 10 billion consumers by 2030.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296694 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not surprised, because its obvious that idiot is a troll, that comes here NEVER for discussion, but ONLY to troll for trouble where none exists.
The very IDEA that anyone would consider you of all people an anti-semite is simply laughable!
I'm gratified that you feel that way, and that you understand my position, Foo.
Thank-you for the endorsement, and your staunch friendship.

:)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296695 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Just answered you lol long one:)

Location hidden

#296696 May 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> Monsanto corporation is bound and determined to get world population up to 10 billion consumers by 2030.
Monsanto corp?? WTF?

Location hidden

#296697 May 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm gratified that you feel that way, and that you understand my position, Foo.
Thank-you for the endorsement, and your staunch friendship.
:)
Always had it, always will. Helps when one knows another's heart. <<grin>>
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296698 May 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the bottom line.
Well on the hamster. I was commenting on the other animal with the unhealthy baby...your example BTw.

There is no way I will believe ever that doing away with one's own child in the womb..whatever you call it..is a natural instinct. Fir a human. But you knew I would say that .

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296699 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a baby is natural.an outside intervention such as abortion is not..
Having a tumor is natural. Having it removed, is not.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Really all there is IMO.
Abortion is also natural... it occurs in nature every day.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as overpopulation goes. I do not see abortion as a natural solution.
The only solution to overpopulation, is for the death rate and the birth rate to be roughly equal, and for the food supply to be conserved, rather than constantly expanded. Both would be entirely natural, if we were abiding by the rules of nature, rather than our own. But we refuse to allow the food supply to 'naturally' wax and wane, so our population continues to balloon out of proportion to its 'natural' balance.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave us many things we use unnaturally.
Nature provides us with everything we need. If humans were willing to stick with what we need, rather than succumbing to unnatural greed, our garden of eden would be in much better shape.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Those babies in the feral cats,womb . Obviously they industry naturally
IMO. we have strayed so far from the lives God intended for us to have in the Garden.
If god intended for our lives to be different, they would be. Period.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It's no wonder things,have gone awry for all of His creation. Again IMO
We have turned our backs alright - on living in a natural way. We weren't meant to kill off our fellow creatures to the point of extinction, wring every nutrient out of the soil and replace it with pesticides, cleave millions of acres of thousand-year-old forest to bare earth in a few years, fill our precious water with poisons and sludge, scrape mountains to their bones in search of coal and then fill the atmosphere with its deadly smoke, etc. etc. etc.
And yet 'god' supposedly knew all of this would come to pass....but does nothing to change it?
Bushwah.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#296700 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God tells me to tell others, and to warn others.
Please tell me how you think I should tell and warn others, like yourself?
Folks like feces for Jesus -how should I lovingly tell them?
Remaining silent speaks volumes as well, and not an option.
My way is not the only way, but Gods way is.
All other ways lead to death and damnation.
What is the point in warning ppl about something they don't believe exists? You can't prove it exists, and you're not qualified to preach it does. You're not a Theologian. You're a redneck, country boy, who cheated on his wife, and has a bastard child that he doesn't support that's all they see you as. I as well.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#296701 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I preach 'to' people, and it is obvious YOU read what I write, so it must mean something.
Glad you brought up abortion, since that has been beaten to death way worse then a dead horse, yet folks still talking over and over and over.
It is only post about a Real God that bothers you, and it should.
You may continue to act as if you speak for all, but you don't.
Have you ever googled and seen how many americans claim to be christians?
The number keeps dropping,but not long ago it was 80%, which puts you in the very low minority.
I don't believe 80% is anywhere near true, but if you like "facts " there they are.
More talk about gay people on here at times, which by facts we know very very few people are gay.
Please feel free to skip my comments, but so far you don't seem to be able.
Love comes in tough pakages sometimes.
Parents love their children, when they are making them cry at times, from a good spanking, but you prob don't understand that either.
LOL @ preach. "Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment" (James 3:1).

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296702 May 17, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Monsanto corp?? WTF?
Oh honey. For the last 50 years, Monsanto corp has been busy as hell. Originally the producer of Agent Orange, it moved on to DDT, and from there has become the leading manufacturer of pesticide and herbicide in the world. In the last couple of decades, however, it has been diverting its attention to bioengineering - the new euphemism for 'genetically mutating organisms' otherwise known as 'frankenfood'- and has succeeded in getting the US and other governments to pass legislation preventing it from having to test their products, allowing them to sell GMOs without labeling, and prohibiting their liability for any adverse effects in the general population.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Their latest adventure has involved the US patent office. Monsanto HAS PATENTED, AND OWNS OUTRIGHT, the DNA codes of TWO HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND varieties of crop plants. Nearly every crop grown on earth. And for the last ten years or so, has been engaged in proving the crops of small, heirloom, and organic farmers to be cross-pollinated with 'THEIR'
DNA. They've successfully prosecuted hundreds of these folks, for patent infringement, and judges are levying crippling fines...which, when they prove unpayable, result in the loss of the land itself.....

Not kidding.
Google it.

Long story short, Monsanto wants to control the world agriculture market, provide enough food to feed 10 billion people, and sit back to watch their customer base expand to fill the supply.

And if they succeed in the second, I can guarantee the third.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Jacques Ottawa Or... 1,620,125
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 28 min Not who you think 34,445
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Fri Wisdom of Ages 11,652
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 30 Frankie Rizzo 201,871
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 29 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web