Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 322183 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296601 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW I see one of the posters on my no answer lust chose to misinterpret
Part of my answer to you. I will clarify
In this world..spontaneous miscarriage is natural. I never said it was not. Just to be clear. IMO it would not have been the case in Eden.
And no overpopulation either. Perfect balance.But this is Not Eden.
I was very careful to mention an external cause for ending a pregnancy as opposed to a miscarriage
Hope that is clear:)
I knew what you meant. Here're some things to consider. You don't have to respond unless you want to discuss further...

What if there was no difference between spontaneous and induced abortion? So long as abortion wasn't forced upon unwilling women, what exactly is the difference between losing an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy in the earliest stages by deciding to make an appointment with a (real) physician over losing a wanted pregnancy in the earliest stages? In mid-pregnancy? In later stages?
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296602 May 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know this is your opinion, Rose. And it's fine. I have a different opinion, but am sure you're not agreeing with it.
:)

LOL so true
Gtown71

United States

#296603 May 17, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost every person here has spoken to you of this and asked you kindly, not so kindly and bluntly to back off, and then finally to STFU already. You ignore it. You're an insecure, arrogant fool.
But keep going and doing your damage. You ARE a tool of Satan after all.
Only those who are against Jesus Christ have told me to shut up.
Satan loves confusion, there is No confusion on what I write "only one way to Heaven "

Saying there is many ways to heaven is very confusing.

Bin Laden was Very religious, did he go to Heaven?

Only God knows, but looking "inspecting" his fruit, it doesn't look good. If anything you tell me how I feel and see others, even though you have no idea the tears I've cried or prayers I prayed for others.

Why? Becouse I truly believe only those saved by the grace of God will be in Heaven. Which saddens me, when you and others want nothing to do with His grace!
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296604 May 17, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew what you meant. Here're some things to consider. You don't have to respond unless you want to discuss further...
What if there was no difference between spontaneous and induced abortion? So long as abortion wasn't forced upon unwilling women, what exactly is the difference between losing an unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy in the earliest stages by deciding to make an appointment with a (real) physician over losing a wanted pregnancy in the earliest stages? In mid-pregnancy? In later stages?
Ok Katie..though it will be a repeat of something I probably said someplace before.

There is a huge difference. Yes the pregnancy ends in both..no matter the stage. But if a woman WILLINGLY goes to a Dr to end it. SHE is ending the human life of her Own offspring. More than likely a healthy offspring. This is NOT a natural thing for a human mother. And it can take a toll on her too.
In other stages when she can feel the movement that was already there it would be harder to my mind. Maybe not that day.
Ok one example

How would you tell a child who knows you ate pregnant...I am going to a clinic and when I come back there will be no brother or sister ..and probably not a conversation to have. But it us a toll it can take on the woman herself to know that is just what she did. USE BC. It works most of the time..

.But in the normal human nature. We women are meant to be murderers..this is how a species survives. It is normal and natural for us.

Now I know that there are women with NO part of the maternal in them.
IMO they should have their tubes tied or some other form if long term contraception. In some of the cases we see in the news. I'D love to help them do it!!!! With s blunt knife. But we are civilized. And to me that also means we do not end life in the womb.
Our own or others.

Use protection is the answer or don't have sex. Not perfect but imo better than abortion

Ok done lol
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296605 May 17, 2013
Oh my heavens....correction. we women are meant to be NURTURERS. Not murderer as I wrote.

Oh Madame has a wild streak on that one. Good thing I reread it
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#296606 May 17, 2013
you are right wrote:
<quoted text>Oh would you please give it a rest already. That poster believes. You don't. Who cares? I'll tell ya who. Nobody,that's who.
Carry on you wild boar,bore.
Well lets see. YOU cared enough - but are too cowardly to post under the name you'd be known as, so what does that say about you? Guess that makes you a nobody.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#296607 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only those who are against Jesus Christ have told me to shut up.!
You are lying again. I cant think of quite a few christians that have told you that enough is enough, and to tone it down.

You see what you want and ignore the rest. Just like a good little tool of Satan.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#296608 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a baby is natural.an outside intervention such as abortion is not..
Really all there is IMO.
As far as overpopulation goes. I do not see abortion as a natural solution.
God gave us many things we use unnaturally.
Those babies in the feral cats,womb . Obviously they industry naturally
IMO. we have strayed so far from the lives God intended for us to have in the Garden. It's no wonder things,have gone awry for all of His creation. Again IMO
Dying is also natural, then. And outside intervention, such as a feeding tube, or any other kind of medical intervetion, is not. Why, then, do we go to doctors?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296609 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a grear example of how the world wants you to think.
We are all ok.
Yet it all comes from the god of this world -satan.
There is Only One way to Heaven, and that way is through Christ Jesus.
The night I was saved, I was talking to God, not any other name. Yet later I found out the name that is above all names.
Your post don't even make sense, that people who don't even believe in the same god, can go to the same place at death.
Please just think (what if you're wrong).
Those who are truly saved by Jesus Christ know He is the only way, and they love you enough to tell you.
God is not a name. It's a description, one that fits many.
rosesz

Ashburn, VA

#296610 May 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Dying is also natural, then. And outside intervention, such as a feeding tube, or any other kind of medical intervetion, is not. Why, then, do we go to doctors?
God gave us brains. We used them. Some for very good things.
Some not so much.

DR.can save life. To me it's a shame that a part of that practice includes ending human life in the womb on a regular basis to the tune of millions who won't ever be born. IT's a sad commentary on us as humans that we accept this..esp the numbers ..that could be prevented as a way of life. I find it so sad and appalling and yes I wish it was different.
I am all for using knowledge to help save life Btw. Though some few religions reject it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#296611 May 17, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave us brains. We used them. Some for very good things.
Some not so much.
DR.can save life. To me it's a shame that a part of that practice includes ending human life in the womb on a regular basis to the tune of millions who won't ever be born. IT's a sad commentary on us as humans that we accept this..esp the numbers ..that could be prevented as a way of life. I find it so sad and appalling and yes I wish it was different.
I am all for using knowledge to help save life Btw. Though some few religions reject it.
Then it's not about "natural" really, is it? It's about what you personally approve of. So "natural" is a moot point.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#296613 May 17, 2013
A baby elephant requires a mother's care for years; taking a pair of babies would have done extreme harm. BTW--where does it say they took yo9ung animals. Even if they happened to have missed that detail, they would have had to gather platypuses from australia, llamas from south america, penguins from the south pole, etc. Then, of course, you have the thousands of species of
birds, bats, insects, worms, etc. Even with all those, you would have needed to meet all their dietary needs (including carnivores). The queen mary would be way too small for such a trip.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you're wrong cpeter -They didn't have to find the largest animals the could,and probably were babies, freshly weened. The only thing they did have to do, is make sure they had a pink one and a blue one.
Two by two of all unclean animals, so with our past conversations about animals behaving in a gay manner? No unclean animal on the ark? Was gay. Plus the clean animals were by sevens, so again, one might have been questioned, but nah :)

Indianapolis

#296614 May 17, 2013
Yes, just like slavers here, he would have the right to breed the wenches, right?

You can worship the rape-god. I have better things to do.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if she was forced -God should be able to do as He pleases, right?
He truly doesn't have to have you guys approval first. Yet cpeter, lets say evolution is real "although it isn't ", then how old should a girl be allowed to have kids?
Biologicaly speaking, Mary was probably able to have kids waaay, before She had Jesus .
She was blessed to be allowed to carry and birth, the onlt begotten Son of God :)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296615 May 17, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it's not about "natural" really, is it? It's about what you personally approve of. So "natural" is a moot point.
Actually no imo.

In the scheme of things .. saving a life is natural.
We look at hero's as well hero's. Like in the towers

Ending a life purposely isn't. Natural . Or heroic .

abortion is an intervention against a human life that in most cases will survive

But more than that it is not at all maternal..

Our bodies go thru so many natural changes in order to nurture the life in the womb. and after. Maternal.natural.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296617 May 17, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You're a ratchety ol forum troll trying to stir up discourse between Foo and Rose because they are friends and have a mutual respect for one another. Something you can't accomplish to do except with those just like you..........ratchet.
Knutter is a failure at all she does, INLCUDING stirring shit.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296618 May 17, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
Save the planet and all the endangered species, but kill all the useless people...that makes perfect sense.
Since it's the people that endanger the other species, by means so numerous there is no cataloguing them all, I say yes, actually, it DOES make perfect sense. If humans were wiped off the face of the earth, the rest of the creatures here would breathe a giant sigh of relief.

Everything that creeps upon the earth, and all manner of plants, are part of the circle of life - it isn't just humans who are important - but the concept of 'dominion over the earth' has never occurred to any other species but us.

Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but humans do not. Humans move to an area, and we multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed, and the only way we can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. We're a plague.

Indianapolis

#296619 May 17, 2013
Same talking points? You mean like your bible stories and your unprovable creationism?

Simp. Nice deflection, since you couldn't refute what I posted.
Spooner wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there anyway you people can come up with your on ideas, or use a different atheists web page. Thease same talking points are getting very old.
Its a shame those proto-gorillas didn't have enough sense to have kept a journal, to have kept up with their transformation into humans.
Then you all would have a journal of life, ie the Bible, to use as your referance, when you all get stumped.
But I will give you all credit, it takes guts to tell your kids and/or family they derived from gorillas, or monkeys !!!!

Location hidden

#296620 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 42, and yes my father fought. He was 52 when I was born :)
I have his papers here, and noticed he was at normandy, just not sure when.
Given Normandy was June 6 1944, its not hard to figure out. He wouldn't have been there before, and within a year the war was over.

Location hidden

#296621 May 17, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and you're so arrogant you don't believe Jesue has anything to do with it.
You could know what happens as well, and if you had Jesus as savior, you would have boldness to tell others. Plus you would love others eniugh to tell them.
You're SO full of shit Gtown. THere's millions of people that believe in Jesus, but have no need to shove that view down others throats. Get the hell over yourself already.

Location hidden

#296622 May 17, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Beating others over the head with your 'religion' is not love.
In your case, it's INTENSELY counterproductive - you are turning people farther away from wanting to develop a relationship with the 'god' you claim to worship.
Every time you post.
Just so you know.
Exactly. And here's a wild guess, he ignored this like he ignores everything he doesn't like. Lets read on and see if I'm right again.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min nanoanomaly 1,657,662
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 35,093
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Into The Night 11,907
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web