Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317632 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#296431 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said We owed them the chance to build a country.
We give more aid to other countries than others do
does helping Israel Now help our interests. Sure. But Rwanda is internal we can help but we can't go deposing her army.
Israel..
It's neighbors who are NOT our friends want to wipe them out.
They are surrounded by enemies.
I am glad we are helping them ..But they are on the frontline alone.
I'm sorry, but if the Jewish Holocaust was somehow more 'holocausty' than the others, I don't see it.
Germany was home to as many Jews as Poland, or Hungary, or the Netherlands, or Italy, or France. Why don't any of THOSE countries 'OWE' the Jewish People a home?
I have nothing against Jews, but I also don't think they're 'more important' than Croats, or Nigerians, or Sudanese.
You're right - we're not going to agree on Israel.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296432 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It all went to hell with Sputnik, when Russia beat us to the moon. That whole era was predicated on who was bigger and badder, because the USSR had proven itself smarter and faster.
This has been a nation of the religiously persecuted, since we left the shores from which we originally sailed to get here. Our predecessors were fleeing for the right NOT to worship the way the King or Queen did, as much as the right to worship as they pleased.
Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence, exactly as a Land-owning Libertarian Deist would: He was a slaveholder, but he was absolutely a believer that the Creator does not involve itself in our day to day affairs. He was not a Christian, and he never ever claimed to be one.
Seriously how can you say we are a persecuted nation. I don't get that all

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296433 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
They came for freedom to worship.
And the freedom not to.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One of this countries foundations.
Indeed.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think America has persecuted religion.
No.
I believe religion does the persecuting.
I believe America should maintain the Separation of Church and State. Imposing religious statements on the currency, violates that, in my opinion.
I believe my 'religious freedom' is the freedom to worship NOTHING, and you believe it is your religious freedom to worship 'God'. We're both right.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Try living in a Communist or Sharia society.
Communism isn't my preferred ECONOMIC system, and Christianity has it's own set of Sharia-like principles. But fortunately this country is not RUN by religion - no thanks to Christians, who would like to see 'abortion is evil' and 'being gay is an abomination unto the Lord' become codified in law for everyone.
Please don't say they aren't 'real Christians', since they don't think you're one either. Ask Lightfarce, or worshipsthefetus. They've already told you so.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We are not perfect.
Really? Not perfect? Imagine that....from all the evidence, Christians sure seem to think they're more 'perfect' than the heathens....since they have the divine right to slaughter the heathens in droves throughout history....in the name of 'God', no less.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But purification is freedom OF religion. Not FROM religion..
I'm going to give credit for this to Madame Kindle - Freedom of religion is the freedom to worship (not coerce) as one sees fit. I see fit not to worship. That is how I express my freedom of religion.
Sorry if you don't like it, but there are LOTS of Americans who don't worship at all. The Constitution includes us as citizens...but these days the currency does not.
I think it's appalling.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT as a country no one makes anyone worship anything
No one CAN make anyone worship anything. What we worship or not, is a personal choice. One can PRETEND to worship something, in order to survive, but trust me - only someone who has a personal change of heart makes a true conversion.
Think of it this way: if the Muslims DID take over America, would you ever REALLY worship Allah? Or would you exercise your freedom NOT to, and be a martyr...or pretend to convert so they wouldn't kill you?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296434 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, but if the Jewish Holocaust was somehow more 'holocausty' than the others, I don't see it.
Germany was home to as many Jews as Poland, or Hungary, or the Netherlands, or Italy, or France. Why don't any of THOSE countries 'OWE' the Jewish People a home?
I have nothing against Jews, but I also don't think they're 'more important' than Croats, or Nigerians, or Sudanese.
You're right - we're not going to agree on Israel.
But none of those countries would allow them in...the ones Hitler was driving out.he was s megalomaniac. We fought. For the other countries..but when the world saw whet Hitler had done..it W's moved. I sm glad it was then and not now. Just by the comments today..its disheartening. Maybe the world thought..oh lrf them have it. The Arabs ..who are really friendly with Hitler..will take it away
But they didn't let them. They. Held on against all the odds against them.

What is now Isrsel was controlled by the British. The Israelis made. It s great country

And now the Others want to take all the advances they have made. To annihilate them and we should just sit by???I pray the answer is no never.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296435 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously how can you say we are a persecuted nation. I don't get that all
You misunderstood me, I think.

We are NOT a persecuted nation - we are a nation whose roots began in FLEEING persecution...

in an effort NOT to worship as their former leaders did, in their former lands.

That's what I meant.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296436 May 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I know what you mean.
Some politicians count on one issue voters, like the AC crowd. I don't believe they want abortion to be rare. What would they have to run on?
I tend to believe PC politicians want abortion to be rare if they say so because they have no stake in it.
Its a business and a huge constituency. On the PC side.
And yes dome Pl vote on it also.

See this is the thing. You cant admit that The PC side even has a stake. You font think they get contributions from PC groups?? And election is the name of the game tor both sides.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296437 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You misunderstood me, I think.
We are NOT a persecuted nation - we are a nation whose roots began in FLEEING persecution...
That's what I meant.
Oh ok. I must have misread they sentence about persecuted nation.. sorry. I had a herd time thinking you meant that

DUH on my part

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296438 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But none of those countries would allow them in...the ones Hitler was driving out.he was s megalomaniac. We fought. For the other countries..but when the world saw whet Hitler had done..it W's moved. I sm glad it was then and not now. Just by the comments today..its disheartening. Maybe the world thought..oh lrf them have it. The Arabs ..who are really friendly with Hitler..will take it away
But they didn't let them. They. Held on against all the odds against them.
What is now Isrsel was controlled by the British. The Israelis made. It s great country
And now the Others want to take all the advances they have made. To annihilate them and we should just sit by???I pray the answer is no never.
But we just 'sit by' and let millions die in other genocides...

The persecuted of any other ethnicity are just 'on their own' because they're either not Jewish, or don't have enough weapons to secure their own national resources...

It's only the 'persecuted Jews' who benefit from our financial and military favor.

Follow the money, Rose.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296439 May 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
"Our society acts more schizophrenic with its two opposing main views; intolerant and inclusive. Do you wanna guess which word AC represents and which word PC represents?"
The PC crowd certainly can't claim to be "inclusive", they are the most intolerant of all. Want proof? Disagree with them and watch to see just how tolerant they are of your opinion.
You'll have to do better than that.

How about finishing this sentence -- In society the _____ are tolerant of pregnant women aborting their unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies for any reason whatsoever during the first trimester.

Do you really think answering with "the Acers" is correct??
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#296440 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But we just 'sit by' and let millions die in other genocides...
The persecuted of any other ethnicity are just 'on their own' because they're either not Jewish, or don't have enough weapons to secure their own national resources...
It's only the 'persecuted Jews' who benefit from our financial and military favor.
Follow the money, Rose.
I want to thank you for the info you provided. I knew Reagen let the Fundies inside the Republican Party's pockets, but didn't see the Commie scare as the beginning of the whole thing. Also, it'd be interesting to see Foo weigh in on it.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296441 May 16, 2013
Susanm wrote:
"Our society acts more schizophrenic with its two opposing main views; intolerant and inclusive. Do you wanna guess which word AC represents and which word PC represents?"
The PC crowd certainly can't claim to be "inclusive", they are the most intolerant of all. Want proof? Disagree with them and watch to see just how tolerant they are of your opinion.
Unman I admit yo being set in my beliefs. But si can listen and learn from others. I have friends who agree and disagree. I don't throw water st people.

Why are you so sure your side can do no wrong. There are posters on here. I wo5092nt answer or want to holler at on both sides.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296442 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Follow the money, Rose.
This country aids as it can. Personally I would put all those people running places like that in jail.
look at all the money they went to Haiti and are they. Much better. No. The gov takes a lot of it and that goes for other aid we send tl poor countries.

We cant do everything. We could go to war I suppose. Hoe many wars.

And orgsnizayions like Samaritans purse were in the Sudan long before the celebs made it news.
And kn Haiti they designed and built portable eyelets for Haiti.

Much as some of you hate Christians. They have. Given more on private charity to those countries thsn anyone. Private and not for publicity...
And they go there and implement aid.
The 2 pres who did the Haitian thing were great but all that money ..those people. Still in tents with hurricanes coming.

In the Sudan the muslims kill the Christian. They are all the same race. Do we kill the Muslims??

We as a country give aid to everyone and get spit on..but we continue to give it. We were there even for the Iranians after the "earthquake".

There is a lot about the way this country had gone that I font like. But we are still the greatest ad far ad our hearts for the less fortunate!!

So tell me who do we go kill. Who to we arm.

With Israel its different. We know they are in danger and they can fight and have for themselves.
I am glad we are on their side. They are allies. Allies. Allies!!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296443 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You misunderstood me, I think.
That's what I meant.
Oh and on the worship question...I pray I would be strong enough to resist even an outward show. But under torture you can only pray to be strong.

I would never not move Jesus. And just cant imagine my life would be worth keeping in the situation you describe.
people have died professing the faith. I hope I would be strong enough.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#296444 May 16, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
This country aids as it can. Personally I would put all those people running places like that in jail.
look at all the money they went to Haiti and are they. Much better. No. The gov takes a lot of it and that goes for other aid we send tl poor countries.
We cant do everything. We could go to war I suppose. Hoe many wars.
And orgsnizayions like Samaritans purse were in the Sudan long before the celebs made it news.
And kn Haiti they designed and built portable eyelets for Haiti.
Much as some of you hate Christians. They have. Given more on private charity to those countries thsn anyone. Private and not for publicity...
And they go there and implement aid.
The 2 pres who did the Haitian thing were great but all that money ..those people. Still in tents with hurricanes coming.
In the Sudan the muslims kill the Christian. They are all the same race. Do we kill the Muslims??
We as a country give aid to everyone and get spit on..but we continue to give it. We were there even for the Iranians after the "earthquake".
There is a lot about the way this country had gone that I font like. But we are still the greatest ad far ad our hearts for the less fortunate!!
So tell me who do we go kill. Who to we arm.
With Israel its different. We know they are in danger and they can fight and have for themselves.
I am glad we are on their side. They are allies. Allies. Allies!!
And the Croatians were not allies....so they could just keep getting slaughtered...and the Biafrans were not allies, so they could just keep starving...and the Rwandans were not allies, so they could just keep getting gang raped...we didn't care.

And if the Israelis were 'doing it on their own', we wouldn't feel the need to keep sending them billions, and shield them with an 'Iron Dome' from their 'persecutors'.

Please, the hypocrisy is obscene.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296445 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Follow the money, Rose.
See my post on who should we kill. Israel ss a country has outside enemies and yes they can help themselves. Others its more internal.

We took side in Bosnia. But whose side did we take. At one time we have sided s lot of nations who then go to other sides.

Id like lock up all the dictators. But who replaces. Them.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#296446 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how anyone could believe your last statement.
Give palistine an inch -------
I seen a cartoon pic of how they were thousands of missils being throwed at isreal, and after several days it shows 1 being fired back from isreal, and the next pic shows how the world was outraged by isreals actions.
That's about the same as your statement.
Isreal is nor going anywhere!
Have you ever wonder why sooo many hate such a tiny spot of land?
Answer -it is all about God and the god of this world.
Yet another thing the boob knows nothing about. Anyone shocked?

BTW moron, its called a CARTOON for a reason.

Location hidden

#296447 May 16, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The Holocaust as an act of free will...on the part of the Jews???
But hey, God knows what is going to happen, regardless of our free will...in his omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence, etc.
He knew what Mary would say, and what Abraham would do, and What Cain would do, and what Eve would do...blah, blah, blah.
It's that whole "Vast Eternal Plan" thingy...
I think YOU'RE the one trying to have it both ways, dear...
He's an ass. And that's being kind to him but cruel as hell to the ass.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#296448 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to thank you for the info you provided. I knew Reagen let the Fundies inside the Republican Party's pockets, but didn't see the Commie scare as the beginning of the whole thing. Also, it'd be interesting to see Foo weigh in on it.
It was a scary time..especially when the missiles were close. Really close. Castro was a horrid person and this area was flooded with refugees.

REAGAN stood up to the Russian on the wall question..but Kennedy was great in My eyes. I can remember so well hearing about it in school. We were all shocked to the core. Thia country was in mourning..

Location hidden

#296449 May 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure how anyone could believe your last statement.
Give palistine an inch -------
I seen a cartoon pic of how they were thousands of missils being throwed at isreal, and after several days it shows 1 being fired back from isreal, and the next pic shows how the world was outraged by isreals actions.
That's about the same as your statement.
Isreal is nor going anywhere!
Have you ever wonder why sooo many hate such a tiny spot of land?
Answer -it is all about God and the god of this world.
BTW Stupid, Israel's G-d aint your jebus. And its not about G-d either way. You're stupid on so many different levels, its truly disgusting.

Location hidden

#296450 May 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Oh no. Not getting into THIS discussion here. I like too many of the opiners <<grin>>. I'm a citizen of Israel as well as have many relatives there. Lost the bulk of the relatives on my grandfather's side to Auschwitz, and 2 cousins who died AFTER leaving on the MS St. Louis only to be denied entry to the US by the president, and returned to concentration camps. My cousins fought in the 6 day war, and ..... I guess I think I'm a bit too close to the subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr VetnorsGate 1,604,109
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr LMFAO phartt 34,271
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sun Randy from Wooster 201,882
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun It s Weather Not ... 11,574
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
More from around the web