Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,895)

Showing posts 277,881 - 277,900 of305,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you have a good moms day
I did. My daughter is in college in Pa, but is coming up in two weeks, so we'll have our day then, but ran a great estate sale today and got myself a wonderful old antique whistle cane! I collect old canes, and this one is very cool!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can goggle it, and really it is up to which side they want. Plenty of support on both sides.
Except the Schindlers side has no PROOF. Only idiots support them based on ignorance as you're doing.
Many people in nursing homes, that need to be fed, and have no idea who they are.
So? They're not brain dead. Terri Schiavo was.
Again, she breathed, heart beated, she was starved /thirsted to death.
Again, no she was not you moron. I posted the autopsy report. Read it and stop with the stupidity already.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
ANH??? And sorry for the loss. Moms are esp hard.......imo
ANH stands for Artifical Nutrition and Hydration.

Both were hard for me, as they were so close together.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey math whizz, do your own math, 10's of thousands??? 5 % of those result in pregnancies, and only half of those end up aborted??? We straight soo far????
Over 3,500 abortions a day??,?
Yes I stand behind my numbers :)
You stand behind them because you're an idiot.

You claimed it was "rare" when it came to rape and incest. It is NOT rare you stupid fk.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe I wasn't clear..Lol.probably.
POLITICAL INCENTIVE to actually make abortion RARE. From the PC side.
THE stuff I said about PSA s specifically telling girls that indiscriminate lookups are not in THEIR interest. TELLING BITH about STDS. AND TELLING WOMEN birth control beats abortion by a long shot.
There was a lot of political and social incentive to get abortion legal. Use that same capital to promote knowledge ..The internet is a good place to start..And TV. CABLE AND LATE EVENING TV..
But because of whatever reason. the incentive is Not there to discourage pregnancies..then no need for abortion.
But abortion has become a huge business and political industry.
The PL side can PRAY and post and even rant..That will never cut the number of abortions..
THE PC POLS could make an atmosphere to actually make abortion more rare.
And yes adoption could be promoted for sure..on both sides.
BUT getting the women NOT to be preggers is the biggest thing.
IMHO
Rose, I'm very much with you on the idea that the pro-choice side could advocate for public service announcements detailing what happens in an abortion, what happens before and during pregnancy, what childbirth entails, what it's like to have responsibility for a newborn, toddler, etc....and lauding birth control. Pro-choice agrees - and NARAL has attempted to float similar PSA's many times. You know who stands in the way of those PSA's? I'll tell you: so-called 'conservatives' who own the media outlets. They don't want sex education in schools, and they are assuredly not going to accede to sex education on the radio and tv. Doesn't garner a lot of advertising support either - and media is a business too.

Meanwhile, the SCPL faction puts up billboards that say "BIRTH CONTROL KILLS", and the like. "BC - Get the facts" for example, is a SCPL campaign, which relies on spreading ideas such as "...using birth control leads to cancer...", and that "..having children is beneficial to women..." not to mention "...abortion is a sin..."

And the SCPL is also involved heavily in the 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers' which are not geared toward 'informed consent', or prenatal care, but mainly toward placing infants with the highest bidder, among the religious congregations who provide the balance of donations to the Centers.

And here's the kicker: the CPC's are subsidized by the Federal Government, which the same bunch of folks has successfully lobbied to cease subsidy to Planned Parenthood... the primary providers of contraception, pre-natal care, and preventive testing for those most likely to become unintentionally pregnant (low income women)- none of which is offered by the CPC's.

But as any behavioral therapist will tell you: Positive reinforcement works better than the negative kind, for getting folks to do what is desired of them. So the social safety net works as an incentive not to abort, better than the misinformation and disinformation tactics promoted by the SCPL...
So far, the approach advocated by so-called 'pro-life' folks isn't working too well. And the media movers and shakers who could assist PC in getting the word out, are absolutely opposed to doing so.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry about your mom. I don't think some people can understand what it means until it involves a loved one. It's an act of charity to release a body from that situation. It benefits no one but those who are in denial of the situation.
<quoted text>
Agree seriuosly

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to the man asperating to death on jello, it was not peaceful, he was gasping at air, not peaceable MOM
You like calling me son, so I'll call you mom.
That gives me two new moms -you and bit o honey. L, but not outloud.
I know it don't cross your mind for some one as vile as me, to be the son of someone sooo careing and loveable as you are :)
AGAIN for the stupid child, you would never be a chlid of mine. I wouldn't stand for such ignorance in my home. But I'm not surprised you dont know enough about the English language to understand the use of the word "son" in a sentence that doesn't refer to a child.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I geuss you're right, she really hadn't eaten.
Pray for a brain Gtown, because your stupidity is truly sickening.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok first..No I was talking about divorce if he wanted to move on later. Personally let me go way before. PLEASE read my latest posts on this.
Regarding doing brain tests and especially on how they ..if this was Terrys wish..not made her better in the first place.
I READ on one site she,was on ventilation AT FIRST.. critical..dc her then. Not later..Could have avoided all this..And it was her wish.
As far as Mr Schiavo..I was not aware of all he did..But if true HE should have maybe not done so much..No surgery...go off ventilator when she wasn't so "healthy" before the lawsuit. When she was critical
If it wasn't what I feel is sin..And would not ask anyone to commit it..I would wish for a morphine cocktail myself. BUT alas...made it as clear as possible my wishes and both hubby and daughter are joint proxy.
When Terri first collapsed, she was resuscitated. They worked on her for 45 minutes. She was without oxygen about 7 minutes. Low oxygen during that 45-minute period.

They brought her to the hospital. She was in a coma for a while. At some point she was no longer considered in a coma, but she hadn't exactly woke up either. The extent of her brain damage was not showing up yet in the CT scans. Your brain doesn't liquefy instantaneously.

It was during this time they removed the vent. And she breathed on her own.

Mr. Schiavo was young. He loved his wife. He had a lot of hope. False hope, maybe. He worked toward medical miracles, not a one was forthcoming. Even though he tried experimental treatment. Even though he persuaded neurology to continue therapy on her. None of it worked. Physicians had to keep telling him nothing was working. No matter how badly he wanted Terri to improve, she wasn't going to. And he had to learn to accept that.

Part of accepting it was accepting what Terri wanted for herself. Or didn't want. And she didn't want to be kept, maintained, in an incapacitated state.

I don't know what you've read, but I linked a very thorough article for you to read regarding her autopsy results and the circumstances surrounding her collapse and the intervening years. It's pretty obvious you didn't read it, though.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. My daughter is in college in Pa, but is coming up in two weeks, so we'll have our day then, but ran a great estate sale today and got myself a wonderful old antique whistle cane! I collect old canes, and this one is very cool!
Wow.canes. like with the tops and compartments??

Cool.

And my kid went to school in Philly for a year..came back to Fla..she was so far away..

Said it was almost like a different world.

It's great when they come home!!!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
And foo. I hear what you say about the tube.
The press was hysterical on the starving.
Only the extremist press, the fools like Rush Limpballs. The mainstream press at the time was trying to make it very clear she was NOT going to starve. Then you had the idiot parents telling people to send canned fruit to the hospice, they arrested a bunch of fools that were going to try to break in and force feed her.@@
This thread has been all day. Hard to remember it all!!
And yes I am sure it was horrible to watch her die..you I mean.
I din't read the whole thing, just choice posts LOL

And yes, it was, but it was okay too - she's in a better place.

And I DO get what you are saying about letting her go when it first happened, but THEN you'd have people saying he let her go without trying. He'd be dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't y'know?.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Sorry about your mom. I don't think some people can understand what it means until it involves a loved one. It's an act of charity to release a body from that situation. It benefits no one but those who are in denial of the situation.
<quoted text>
Exactly! And if you truly dont know what they wanted, then to ME, the idea should be to do what's best for THEM, not futile care.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry rose, this is simply 100% untrue.
Breathing is a function of the brain stem. My mom's brain function stopped on day 6, but she didn't die until day 14, the rest of her systems simply didn't shut down, including that of her brain stem.
<quoted text>
As someone that's sat with a dying loved one who's been taken off ANH (artifical nutrition and hydration) twice, its not cruel at all, its shockingly peaceful. Havent you ever known someone that's had cancer or something, and lost their appetites, stopped eating and drinking? Especially in the final week or weeks? Its not cruel, its something that's perfectly normal.
Like I said in a prior post, its harder on those of use watching than on the person its happening to.
<quoted text> You're right, and that money was in a trust htat was used for her care. That money ran out a few years in.
<quoted text>
WHY? Why should he do that? People tried to convince my father to divorce my mother so he wouldn't have to impoverish himself through the medicare laws, and so he wouldnt go broke. If he'd have divorced my mom, the government would have taken over payment for her care.
Would you want your husband to divorce you and not fight for what he KNOWS you'd want him to do for you regarding your end of life decisions?
Anyone married to someone like Michael - that would stand up to the kinds of things he had to stand up to, death threats, idiots that threatened to kidnap his children until he "let terri go", there are actually people in JAIL for trying to harm him or his children,- heck Katie and I were on a forum where a woman threatened him and the judge in the case. It was reported to the FBI by a few of us, and she was arrested and that I know of, she's STILL in jail. ANother case was a man that was caught breaking into a gun shop a few miles from Michael's house, and the guy told the cops he was going to kill Michael.
.... and despite all this, he STILL stood up for what he KNEW his wife wanted.
The EASY thing would have been for him to say "fuck it" and walk away. He didn't. He did the RIGHT thing.
<quoted text>
Rose, I mean NO disrespect - please know that. But read this carefully -
IT WASN'T ABOUT THOSE THAT WANTED HER TO LIVE.
IT WAS ABOUT WHAT ***SHE*** WANTED.
And that's what it should ALWAYS be about.
Most excellent points! When I was looking for an article following the release of Terri's autopsy, I saw the Schindlers are still writing their skewed perspectives of Terri's situation. One as recent as last February even. And they're still asking for donations. Can you believe it?!

I hadn't thought of that nutjob on the boards for years now, Foo. How crazy was that?! And they yanked her posts then and there, but I think a few had C&Ped them and passed them around, iirc.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, I'm very much with you on the idea that the pro-choice side could advocate for public service announcements detailing what happens in an abortion, what happens before and during pregnancy, what childbirth entails, what it's like to have responsibility for a newborn, toddler, etc....and lauding birth control. Pro-choice agrees - and NARAL has attempted to float similar PSA's many times. You know who stands in the way of those PSA's? I'll tell you: so-called 'conservatives' who own the media outlets. They don't want sex education in schools, and they are assuredly not going to accede to sex education on the radio and tv. Doesn't garner a lot of advertising support either - and media is a business too.
Meanwhile, the SCPL faction puts up billboards that say "BIRTH CONTROL KILLS", and the like. "BC - Get the facts" for example, is a SCPL campaign, which relies on spreading ideas such as "...using birth control leads to cancer...", and that "..having children is beneficial to women..." not to mention "...abortion is a sin..."
And the SCPL is also involved heavily in the 'Crisis Pregnancy Centers' which are not geared toward 'informed consent', or prenatal care, but mainly toward placing infants with the highest bidder, among the religious congregations who provide the balance of donations to the Centers.
And here's the kicker: the CPC's are subsidized by the Federal Government, which the same bunch of folks has successfully lobbied to cease subsidy to Planned Parenthood... the primary providers of contraception, pre-natal care, and preventive testing for those most likely to become unintentionally pregnant (low income women)- none of which is offered by the CPC's.
But as any behavioral therapist will tell you: Positive reinforcement works better than the negative kind, for getting folks to do what is desired of them. So the social safety net works as an incentive not to abort, better than the misinformation and disinformation tactics promoted by the SCPL...
So far, the approach advocated by so-called 'pro-life' folks isn't working too well. And the media movers and shakers who could assist PC in getting the word out, are absolutely opposed to doing so.
WELL lol a few things but glad we agree on concept. CBS HAS a show which at 830 Shows a aggressions in bed so they are not shy.
The nbc networks are anything but conservative.

I gave support to one CPC. They did not do adoptions..mostly did try to dispense info and support for girls caught in crisis. I gave clothes..a protective..visited one office ..full of baby and mom stuff and yes they were biased financing the baby. I LOOKED them up in yellow pages. In no way did they falsely advertise or give the impression they did abortions (this has come up before) if you call they do not purport to do abortions. I BECAME email friends with the director..
Anyway point is CPCs are not bad places..Or not the one I know. They don't notice the woman if she decides to take another route..
Actually had contact with 2 of them ..wrote up account Of mY pregnancy
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rose, I'm very much with you on the idea that the pro-choice side could advocate for public service announcements detailing what happens in an abortion, what happens before and during pregnancy, what childbirth entails, what it's like to have responsibility for a newborn, toddler, etc....and lauding birth control. Pro-choice agrees - and NARAL has attempted to float similar PSA's many times. You know who stands in the way of those PSA's? I'll tell you: so-called 'conservatives' who own the media outlets. They don't want sex education in schools, and they are assuredly not going to accede to sex education on the radio and tv. Doesn't garner a lot of advertising support either - and media is a business too.
The PLM's methods seem counter-productive to teaching healthy concepts of reproductive education and all it entails. It's scary to see it all listed in one place. Am glad you did, though.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

To continue which precluding let me..if they are trying..Good. But those PSA from gov and others should be as frequent as the smoking ones. IMO
AND BITH sides should be for them..And let some of these orgs pay for or do internet videos or Ads.
Not all conservatives are against prevention.

All these ads we see on all these sites..BC BC BC..PREVENT STDS ETC
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Only the extremist press, the fools like Rush Limpballs. The mainstream press at the time was trying to make it very clear she was NOT going to starve. Then you had the idiot parents telling people to send canned fruit to the hospice, they arrested a bunch of fools that were going to try to break in and force feed her.@@
<quoted text>
I din't read the whole thing, just choice posts LOL
And yes, it was, but it was okay too - she's in a better place.
And I DO get what you are saying about letting her go when it first happened, but THEN you'd have people saying he let her go without trying. He'd be dammed if he did and dammed if he didn't y'know?.
15 years before.? Probably not a blip on the radar. Go in and due .sad but not a story.

And I admit I Saud a prayer for her but did not follow the story that closely .Mostly nightly news. About 10 min.

I get too worked up to watch too much. On things like Gosnell watch at 5''no Ness on CAN. Watch on Fox to see if anything..No verdict yet..Watch sitcoms.Or reruns of SvU..lol

And was regular press too..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL lol a few things but glad we agree on concept. CBS HAS a show which at 830 Shows a aggressions in bed so they are not shy.
The nbc networks are anything but conservative.
I gave support to one CPC. They did not do adoptions..mostly did try to dispense info and support for girls caught in crisis. I gave clothes..a protective..visited one office ..full of baby and mom stuff and yes they were biased financing the baby. I LOOKED them up in yellow pages. In no way did they falsely advertise or give the impression they did abortions (this has come up before) if you call they do not purport to do abortions. I BECAME email friends with the director..
Anyway point is CPCs are not bad places..Or not the one I know. They don't notice the woman if she decides to take another route..
Actually had contact with 2 of them ..wrote up account Of mY pregnancy
UGH
Spell check.
They don't hogtie the woman..if she CHOOSES TO LEAVE

THEY are biased towards having not financing.Lol

The 8 30 program showed a 3 some in bed not aggression.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
UGH
Spell check.
They don't hogtie the woman..if she CHOOSES TO LEAVE
THEY are biased towards having not financing.Lol
The 8 30 program showed a 3 some in bed not aggression.
But it didn't show the women (and I'm guessing it was two women and a man, not the other way 'round...) getting unintentionally pregnant, or the man applying a condom, or the wicked case of crabs they passed back and forth....I'm guessing...

The sex itself sells sure...it's the unpleasant bits that impede advertising dollars.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.canes. like with the tops and compartments??
Some of them, yes. I have sterling handled ones, a prohabition cane where you unscrew the top and there's a long thin glass flask with two tiny glasses in it, that one is from the 1920's, I have a horse measuring cane that men used to use to measure the horses, its got a long thin ruler INSIDE that slides out, and an artists cane, where you unscrew the top and there's pens and pencils in there. I love the history of these things! I'm hoping to get one next week made around the turn of the century by sailors out of shark's vertebrae, very cool!
And my kid went to school in Philly for a year..came back to Fla..she was so far away..
Said it was almost like a different world.
It's great when they come home!!!!!
Yes, it truly is! We dont see her enough anymore!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 277,881 - 277,900 of305,061
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min In The Right 1,077,963
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 48 min waaasssuuup 223,950
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Sun Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Sun Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••