Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,894)

Showing posts 277,861 - 277,880 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rosesz

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Now here is a Catch 22 I...think the peaceful way pets are put down is good.
I TRUST MY CHILD with my life.
I DO NOT WANT to be a vegetable.
BUT I could not want her to be responsible ACTIVELY for my death..That would be sin for both of us

BUT if we ALLOW ACTIVE LIFE ENDING. Families will put down loved ones maybe too early..if we keep going as we are it may be a moot point..the government may decide..

SO EUTHANASIA IS WRONG..STOPPING a ventilator..or not doing a surgery or resuscitation in P V S IS NOT.
BUT each case is different

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you had a good day. And you are right..all of our experiences are different.
And totally understand you did what I am sure was not easy for you.
I don't think all women take it lightly..But the only 2 women That I know who had them..8 between them..one of them is like family to me..
THEY BOTH KNEW ABOUT BC but didn't use it. One tried "pulling out" said BC made her fat..she has great depression problems and I know some of it has to do with the abortions. I tried to get her counselling before..try to get her to stay on BC now..we don't discuss the abortion..she can't even say the word..And she knows I don't love her any less..
MY big thing is that abortion is becoming too much the norm with no incentives to make it rare. I POSTED EARLIER THAT if women's groups took up that cause..RARITY as they have others.. without changing any law ...No rights violated.. would probably cut the numbers of elective abortions in half..
And have less STDS. IF the politic for this kind of change were there..And the business of abortion was not political..we would have PSA s on the scale of smoking ones. They did a few on STDS. But never once that I heard brought out to women..That abortion is a medical procedure that may not be necessary if prevention is used..THAT hooking up is unhealthy indiscriminately and not safe.
When this country embraces a CAUSE..they get results..And every unplanned pregnancy that does NOT happen is a GOOD cause..IMO
Sorry to be on the old soapbox..THERE ARE way too many elective abortions for where we are now in the 21 century..again IMO.
AGAIN glad you had a good day..God bless.
What incentives would you suggest?

Seriously, the only one which works, at least so far, is the safety net so-called 'conservatives'(among whom the majority profess to be 'pro-life') yowl and holler about the live-long day - the fact that there ARE programs out there which help families pay for the day-to-day expenses of raising children, I'm sure, keeps some women from aborting, and opting to push out another kid every year.

And then the 'conservatives' bitch about that too.

Got any other ideas (other than taking away the legal option to end a pregnancy, that is?)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

I'm really tired of educating you for free.

Brain death affects the upper brain--consciousness, thought, etc. What you are referring to are autonomic responses, ruled by the medula. The upper brain can be dead without stopping the medulla from functioning. Breathing, circulation, digestion, etc, are not upper-brain functions.

All settlement money he received went to her care. The accounting was done years ago.

Keeping her body going wasn't letting her live; it was denial of reality.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If she was truly brain dead..she would have been on a ventilator some point. No question as she wouldn't have the function to breathe.
The thing is..if she,was so damaged she probably had been on one..at first..And taken off. IF THAT WAS THE CASE..sounds like she was breathing on her own..so still had some brain function.
I am all for no heroics..But starving to death for a week..sounds cruel to me.
Don't know what the financials were..Think there was money involved for him..some settlement rings a bell...And he had to use it for her while she lived.(not sure on this at all)
Anyway..if it was not for monetary reasons..he could have just divorced her in order to move on and make a deal parents or organizations for life would pay for her care..he could then have gotten married.
In other words wash his hands of her and any money if there was some.
And leave it to those who.wanted her to live.
Just a thought
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying. No hospital, hospice OR nursing home would allow that. They would be banned from seeing him.
<quoted text>
You DO understand that she hadn't "eaten" in over a decade, right?
You seem to think that she was munching down on cheezeburgers and chicken and it was being held back from you. You are dumber than dirt.
I must admit its funny when you and your kind continue to mouth off when you CLEARLY have ZERO idea what the hell you're talking about.
It happened about 8 years ago in a nursing home in mempis tn. I watched this old woman and her daughter give the man jello, and thought they knew what they were doing. The note above bed said no solid foods, and I didn't know any different, but the man started to asperate and when the nurse came in, she asked what was his code? The wife said, what do you mean??? Is he dying, and the nurse said yes! She said please save him!?! They were all crying, well wife and 60 yo daughter, but I was on the other side of the room, waiting for another man to dye.

My story is true, whether you want to believe it or not :)
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Her brain stem functioned. Her cortex liquefied, but her brain stem functioned. She aspirated her own saliva so often that her husband went to school to become a respiratory therapist. She went without oxygen almost 7 minutes, but the paramedics worked on her almost 45 minutes and brought back a heartbeat. Her husband pushed for medical miracles, but none were forthcoming. In fifteen years, she never had bedsore.
If a baby was born the same day Terri Schiavo suffered cardiac arrest, that baby would be old enough to learn to drive by the time her ALS was removed. What had Mrs. Schiavo accomplished in all those years on her own volition? And if she were so alive, why did she not get herself out of bed, walk down the hall, and get herself some food?
Really. Her husband was young and he loved her. He loved her as he battled for her rights to be upheld. He didn't treat her like a plastic dolly. He treated her like his and made sure her wishes were followed. Hers. Not her parents. Not his. Hers.
He was shacked up with another woman. He could've divorced her, and her parents and brother could have took over. She was worth way more to him dead.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

The original settlement portion went to him regardless of medical status; the majority of it went to her care as well. The settlement ran out long before he tried to put her to rest.

She was a little big to incubate...I think you meant "intubate." (damn madame kindle...) She had a feeding tube. She had no consciousness; she could not suffer.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok my memory not totally shot. There was money involved. SOME he got and rest in trust for her care. If he divorced her ..No money..if she lived ate up the trust money. If parents took over they would be able to use trust money for her care.
And she had been incubated as I thought but then was breathing on her own..PCS.BUT not brain dead..
Hubby got some money from suit outright..Should have faded stage left..IMO.
PERSONALLY. I don't want to live on a ventilator..But she wasn't..And I am quite sure I don't want to be starved for almost 2 weeks it appears.
No good answer. And thankfully it's over
Mar 18_31
It is different from your situation.again IMO FROM what I know from my former occupation
rosesz

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>What incentives would you suggest?
Seriously, the only one which works, at least so far, is the safety net so-called 'conservatives'(among whom the majority profess to be 'pro-life') yowl and holler about the live-long day - the fact that there ARE programs out there which help families pay for the day-to-day expenses of raising children, I'm sure, keeps some women from aborting, and opting to push out another kid every year.
And then the 'conservatives' bitch about that too.
Got any other ideas (other than taking away the legal option to end a pregnancy, that is?)
maybe I wasn't clear..Lol.probably.

POLITICAL INCENTIVE to actually make abortion RARE. From the PC side.
THE stuff I said about PSA s specifically telling girls that indiscriminate lookups are not in THEIR interest. TELLING BITH about STDS. AND TELLING WOMEN birth control beats abortion by a long shot.

There was a lot of political and social incentive to get abortion legal. Use that same capital to promote knowledge ..The internet is a good place to start..And TV. CABLE AND LATE EVENING TV..

But because of whatever reason. the incentive is Not there to discourage pregnancies..then no need for abortion.

But abortion has become a huge business and political industry.

The PL side can PRAY and post and even rant..That will never cut the number of abortions..

THE PC POLS could make an atmosphere to actually make abortion more rare.

And yes adoption could be promoted for sure..on both sides.
BUT getting the women NOT to be preggers is the biggest thing.

IMHO
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
He "moved on" YEARS after terri went into her PVS. Her parents kept legally blocking his right to guardianship, even though they could not take care of her themselves and had no medical evidence to the contrary. Then politicians got involved; Santorum watched a video of her and declared her to be fine, and jeb bush actually got a statute passed to prevent removing the tube. The statute was unconstitutional as hell and got tossed almost immediately.
He was trying to stop the charade of "treatment"--treatme nt is given in hope of causing improvement, and there wasn't going to be any. He was also trying to fulfill her wishes; she said at one time she didn't want to be kept alive under such circumstances.
By the time terri died, her parents were lucky they weren't in frigging jail.
Dementia is NOT the same as brain death. Arguing that it is only shows your resistance to researching facts.
Dr phil kidd isn't a medical authority, and should keep his ignorant mouth shut. Unless how he got saved includes 12 years of medical school with a neurological concentration, I don't really care.
<quoted text>
I don't think this deal was easy on anyone involved, and notice the only ones that heard her say she didn't want to be on ls, was hubby?

You act like his "in laws " were just a pain in his side. THEY WERE HER MOM AND DAD..
DID IT EVER ACCURE TO YOU THAT PERHAPS THEY LOVED HER,??? PROB NOT!
rosesz

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

And before anyone squeaks. I believe strongly in prayer. Maybe our prayers should be not fir chaos but for the changing of hearts and minds.

GOD can do anything. HE has given us free will.We live in This world as it is.
rosesz

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The original settlement portion went to him regardless of medical status; the majority of it went to her care as well. The settlement ran out long before he tried to put her to rest.
She was a little big to incubate...I think you meant "intubate." (damn madame kindle...) She had a feeding tube. She had no consciousness; she could not suffer.
<quoted text>
Well even with minimal brain activity..she can react to discomfort and pain..And . Yes intubate.(Sigh)

Read my other post to Katie I think.

If this was her wish and if she was really in danger maybe at the beginning they should have ended the heroics. She would have lived or died..sounds like died without surgeries Tec long before the mess.
AND BEFORE the lawsuit..Maybe..IMHO

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Rose--I edited out the 1st sentence when I saw it wasn't gtown. Don't know why it latched back on....
cpeter1313 wrote:
Brain death affects the upper brain--consciousness, thought, etc. What you are referring to are autonomic responses, ruled by the medula. The upper brain can be dead without stopping the medulla from functioning. Breathing, circulation, digestion, etc, are not upper-brain functions.
All settlement money he received went to her care. The accounting was done years ago.
<quoted text>
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Follow the money on this one.
That leads to the parents who whored her out for their OWN paychecks.
Not truly sure if any truly cared for her, but if they breath on their own, have their own heart beat, and only need feeding, it is murder.
Whether you like it or not.
No Oh Stupid One. It is not. In our country, we have a right to refuse medcial treatment (ANH in Terri's case - surgically implanted and machine maintained) and be allowed to die naturally. It is not murder.

Much as you would LIKE it to be, fortunately for the rest of us, your delusions are NOT reality.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

That's what couples do, they often talk about things they won't with others. Many younger people don't mention such things at all except in passing after a situation comes up in the news or in the media.

HE was her guardian and had primary kinship. That's what civil marriage includes. And they were a pain in his side after years of litigation. They probably did love her; love isn't all there is in such situations.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think this deal was easy on anyone involved, and notice the only ones that heard her say she didn't want to be on ls, was hubby?
You act like his "in laws " were just a pain in his side. THEY WERE HER MOM AND DAD..
DID IT EVER ACCURE TO YOU THAT PERHAPS THEY LOVED HER,??? PROB NOT!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I must just say I strongly disagree with you, and maybe it was about 13 days, but either way she was breathing on her own. Heart beating on its own. They removed feeding tube, and she starved to death, but HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM :)
you're my new mommy on topix :)
She died from dehydration not starvation.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
RAZZ. I AM ROSE. REALLY..
WHY would I use the name..Who cares.
Anyway they are sincere in trying to help women. I think it's wrong but this is a forum.
As for the typing. I TRY VERY HARD. But lol. Have you read some of my posts. But thanks for seeing an improvement
GOD BLESS and hope you have a good Mothers Day
Rose, the Knut is going to spout her nonsense no matter what you say, you dont have to prove anything to anyone, CERTAINLY not to the likes of her.

None of us think you're anyone but who you are - Rose AKA Madame Kindle <<<grin>>>. Let the Knut ramble and dont let it bother you. She only makes a fool of herself with that garbage.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

rosesz wrote:
And before anyone squeaks. I believe strongly in prayer. Maybe our prayers should be not fir chaos but for the changing of hearts and minds.
GOD can do anything. HE has given us free will.We live in This world as it is.
I like your idea, think I'll go that route a while :)

As you say peace.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>She died from dehydration not starvation.
Good, I feel better now. Instead of starving to death, she thirst to death.

Implanting Roses idea now!
As she says peace :)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
In brain death..if you take a person off life support..they USUSLLY do noy breathe.. since helping determine this was part of my job st a time when criteria were much mire stringent..we did everything ed could yo make sure they were gone. They may have had muscle spasms but no continuous movement ..we did this twice st least 24 hours apart because of possible barbituates affecting gge test. We turned the amplitude way up..2 flat lines ..meant the docs could disconnect along with other criteria. Every case We did ..they expired...if they flat lined. On the one case where it was several days he was actually auctioning our dead matter thrum his NG tube and ghd room reeked if decay. HIS BRAIN and probably other parts was liquefied..
Some cases the death is instant. Some longer but not years with brain death..

What I said was TERRY was on life support ventilation when she came in so it says.. They should have disconnected her sooner and let life take its course. She supposedly wanted this
Not years in limbo..Had this happened before all her CARE..she mist likely would have died when disconnected.. we don't know how long they kept her on it..Again supposedly against her wishes.

SORRY you feel your free education is wasted Cpterr..but I know a bit about this.

I know she had no future..but just maybe everyone involved could have decided all this YEARS before money was ar stake.
I know my typing sucks but I am actually arguing on both sides of this ..If she wanted NO HEROICS..then don t do them if she is critical. THRY knew her prognosis early on if she was that bad.

My only point is that starvation is a Bsd way to go and from all accounts this evoke mess could have Bern avoiddd

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you're correct about leaving your parents and the two becomming one flesh, but why did he also push sooo hard to have her feeding tube removed?
Becasue she was BRAIN DEAD you idiot. Autonomic function ONLY. NORMAL people dont try to keep a brain dead person alive for 15 years as her parents tried to do.
He prob did love her, but he had moved on with another woman.
Oh horseshit. If he had "moved on", he WOULD have moved on and to hell with her.

Instead, he fought to follow through with what he KNEW her wishes to be, DESPITE those that would expolit her for their own purposes.
Her parents loved her, and wanted what they could get.
Sorry, but they wanted what they could get alright - MONEY wise. You DO know they were taken to court because they snuck a camera into her room - AGAINST A COURT ORDER - and then sold the video and pictures for hundreds of dollars to any pervert that wanted them, right? Among other perversions they committed for money.
Not to mention what he choose to do with her remains, which was as well against her parents wishes.
Fk their wishes. It wasn't ABOUT their wishes. Their wishes after all the crap they pulled weren't worth anything.
The guy had more of a motive, then carring out his dead wifes wishes.
Really? You know this HOW? You dont even know the BASICS of this case. So what were his motives Mr Know it all?
Many hubbies want their wife dead, before they move on.
Really? You say this from experience huh? You wanted your wife dead before you screwed around on her?
She may have been braindead, but we have homes filled with these type of folks, but they still get fed.
I defy you to show us ONE SINGLE "homes filled with these type of folks".

Oh wait, you can't, because no such places exist.

You moron.
Most the info I have, is from a sermon I heard Dr. Phil Kidd from ms preach..
Balance of your bullshit deleted, since you just admitted you dont know shit. Idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you can educate me on what took place?
Why? So you can ignore it?

You are a DELIBERATE idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 277,861 - 277,880 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,034,085
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min number four 216,893
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 hr Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••