Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,230
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#295758 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rare is when you say something with some basis in fact.
DO you have ANY clue how many women are raped yearly? ANY idea at all? Try TENS OF THOUSANDS! And that's REPORTED rapes. Over half of all rapes are NOT reported.
Did you know that 5% of those rapes will result in pregnancy? And half of those or more will be aborted.
Two weeks? You're a bigger ass than I thought.
Its morons like you that spread such terrible mis-information, that its actually DANGEROUS to women.
You SHOULD be ashamed, but you dont have the intelligence OR class. Its truly frightening that you're raising a girl. I pray your wife is a WHOLE lot smarter than you are. But I have my doubts, given she stays with you.
Hey math whizz, do your own math, 10's of thousands??? 5 % of those result in pregnancies, and only half of those end up aborted??? We straight soo far????

Over 3,500 abortions a day??,?

Yes I stand behind my numbers :)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#295759 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, I feel better now. Instead of starving to death, she thirst to death.
Implanting Roses idea now!
As she says peace :)
She wasn't thirsty.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#295760 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened about 8 years ago in a nursing home in mempis tn. I watched this old woman and her daughter give the man jello, and thought they knew what they were doing. The note above bed said no solid foods, and I didn't know any different, but the man started to asperate and when the nurse came in, she asked what was his code? The wife said, what do you mean??? Is he dying, and the nurse said yes! She said please save him!?! They were all crying, well wife and 60 yo daughter, but I was on the other side of the room, waiting for another man to dye.
My story is true, whether you want to believe it or not :)
Were there any charges? Other than stupid?
Gtown71

United States

#295761 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% LYING. I've seen it more than once, with my mother and with my grandfather 20 years ago. Its not horrible, its extremely peaceful.
<quoted text>
Then they were not only stupid, they were murderers.
But you're lying about that as well. There's not a hospital in the world that would allow that for someone that's NPO.
<quoted text>
They're not brain dead for one thing.
Do you EVER stupid being a MORON?
I was referring to the man asperating to death on jello, it was not peaceful, he was gasping at air, not peaceable MOM :)

You like calling me son, so I'll call you mom.
That gives me two new moms -you and bit o honey. L, but not outloud.

I know it don't cross your mind for some one as vile as me, to be the son of someone sooo careing and loveable as you are :)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295762 May 12, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>My oldest sister died in 2007. She was 51, on a vent, organs failing one by one and unconscious. She got a C diff infection on top of everything and the medications she was being given were not being metabolized because of the C diff so she was dying, just very slowly. Her daughter decided to take her off the vent which was fine, everyone else agreed it was best. Killed me to see my mother crying like that ya know? Took about 10 minutes and she just stopped breathing. It's a beautiful death.
That is what I was talking about..if I am that bad off remove me please..

and MAYBE if that was TS wish when she first came in critical..should have been done..the article said she was vented..no idea how long..but then they made her "better"

Nothing religiius that I can see says you have to use extraordinary means to keep some from dying..like a vent..my only concern is feeding tube..but hey its over ..she is at peace...
Gtown71

United States

#295763 May 12, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>She wasn't thirsty.
I geuss you're right, she really hadn't eaten.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295764 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If she was truly brain dead..she would have been on a ventilator some point. No question as she wouldn't have the function to breathe.
I'm sorry rose, this is simply 100% untrue.

Breathing is a function of the brain stem. My mom's brain function stopped on day 6, but she didn't die until day 14, the rest of her systems simply didn't shut down, including that of her brain stem.
The thing is..if she,was so damaged she probably had been on one..at first..And taken off. IF THAT WAS THE CASE..sounds like she was breathing on her own..so still had some brain function.
I am all for no heroics..But starving to death for a week..sounds cruel to me.
As someone that's sat with a dying loved one who's been taken off ANH (artifical nutrition and hydration) twice, its not cruel at all, its shockingly peaceful. Havent you ever known someone that's had cancer or something, and lost their appetites, stopped eating and drinking? Especially in the final week or weeks? Its not cruel, its something that's perfectly normal.

Like I said in a prior post, its harder on those of use watching than on the person its happening to.
Don't know what the financials were..Think there was money involved for him..some settlement rings a bell..

.And he had to use it for her while she lived.(not sure on this at all)
You're right, and that money was in a trust htat was used for her care. That money ran out a few years in.
Anyway..if it was not for monetary reasons..he could have just divorced her in order to move on and make a deal parents or organizations for life would pay for her care..he could then have gotten married.
WHY? Why should he do that? People tried to convince my father to divorce my mother so he wouldn't have to impoverish himself through the medicare laws, and so he wouldnt go broke. If he'd have divorced my mom, the government would have taken over payment for her care.

Would you want your husband to divorce you and not fight for what he KNOWS you'd want him to do for you regarding your end of life decisions?

Anyone married to someone like Michael - that would stand up to the kinds of things he had to stand up to, death threats, idiots that threatened to kidnap his children until he "let terri go", there are actually people in JAIL for trying to harm him or his children,- heck Katie and I were on a forum where a woman threatened him and the judge in the case. It was reported to the FBI by a few of us, and she was arrested and that I know of, she's STILL in jail. ANother case was a man that was caught breaking into a gun shop a few miles from Michael's house, and the guy told the cops he was going to kill Michael.

.... and despite all this, he STILL stood up for what he KNEW his wife wanted.

The EASY thing would have been for him to say "fuck it" and walk away. He didn't. He did the RIGHT thing.
And leave it to those who.wanted her to live.
Just a thought
Rose, I mean NO disrespect - please know that. But read this carefully -

IT WASN'T ABOUT THOSE THAT WANTED HER TO LIVE.

IT WAS ABOUT WHAT ***SHE*** WANTED.

And that's what it should ALWAYS be about.

Location hidden

#295765 May 12, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention his strong aversion to intelligence and common sense.
I noticed he claimed his wife was "simple".
I wonder if she would be "simple" enough to be offended at being called "simple".
Of course, one would HAVE to be "simple" to put up with such stupidity as he shows.
Good point, I'd missed that.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295766 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry rose, this is simply 100% untrue.
Breathing is a function of the brain stem. My mom's brain function stopped on day 6, but she didn't die until day 14, the rest of her systems simply didn't shut down, including that of her brain stem.
<quoted text>
As someone that's sat with a dying loved one who's been taken off ANH (artifical nutrition and hydration) twice, its not cruel at all, its shockingly peaceful. Havent you ever known someone that's had cancer or something, and lost their appetites, stopped eating and drinking? Especially in the final week or weeks? Its not cruel, its something that's perfectly normal.
Like I said in a prior post, its harder on those of use watching than on the person its happening to.
<quoted text> You're right, and that money was in a trust htat was used for her care. That money ran out a few years in.
<quoted text>
WHY? Why should he do that? People tried to convince my father to divorce my mother so he wouldn't have to impoverish himself through the medicare laws, and so he wouldnt go broke. If he'd have divorced my mom, the government would have taken over payment for her care.
Would you want your husband to divorce you and not fight for what he KNOWS you'd want him to do for you regarding your end of life decisions?
Anyone married to someone like Michael - that would stand up to the kinds of things he had to stand up to, death threats, idiots that threatened to kidnap his children until he "let terri go", there are actually people in JAIL for trying to harm him or his children,- heck Katie and I were on a forum where a woman threatened him and the judge in the case. It was reported to the FBI by a few of us, and she was arrested and that I know of, she's STILL in jail. ANother case was a man that was caught breaking into a gun shop a few miles from Michael's house, and the guy told the cops he was going to kill Michael.
.... and despite all this, he STILL stood up for what he KNEW his wife wanted.
The EASY thing would have been for him to say "fuck it" and walk away. He didn't. He did the RIGHT thing.
<quoted text>
Rose, I mean NO disrespect - please know that. But read this carefully -
IT WASN'T ABOUT THOSE THAT WANTED HER TO LIVE.
IT WAS ABOUT WHAT ***SHE*** WANTED.
And that's what it should ALWAYS be about.
Ok first..No I was talking about divorce if he wanted to move on later. Personally let me go way before. PLEASE read my latest posts on this.
Regarding doing brain tests and especially on how they ..if this was Terrys wish..not made her better in the first place.
I READ on one site she,was on ventilation AT FIRST.. critical..dc her then. Not later..Could have avoided all this..And it was her wish.

As far as Mr Schiavo..I was not aware of all he did..But if true HE should have maybe not done so much..No surgery...go off ventilator when she wasn't so "healthy" before the lawsuit. When she was critical

If it wasn't what I feel is sin..And would not ask anyone to commit it..I would wish for a morphine cocktail myself. BUT alas...made it as clear as possible my wishes and both hubby and daughter are joint proxy.

Location hidden

#295767 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hubby got some money from suit outright..Should have faded stage left..IMO.
PERSONALLY. I don't want to live on a ventilator..But she wasn't..And I am quite sure I don't want to be starved for almost 2 weeks it appears.
First off Rose, a person doesn't have to be on a vent if they're brain dead. The brain doesn't control breathing, the brain STEM does.

Second - removing ANH does NOT mean the person starves to death. It takes a LOT longer than 13 days to starve to death.

Here's the autopsy report. No abuse, no starvation.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/terri-schia...

Lastly, is that what YOU'D want from your husband?

Lets say that G-d forbid, you have a cardiac arrest (which is what Terri had) that leaves you brain dead, but NOT on a venalator. You're breathing on your own, but you're 100% brain dead with ZERO chance of recovery. There's malpractice involved, so your husband sues. You'd want him to "fade stage left" after he gets the money?

REALLY?

You'd want him to NOT fight for what he knows you'd want? You'd want him to just walk away and hand your body over to religous and political extremists that have an agenda? You want him to turn you over to people who are going to turn your into a poster child for their cause, who will sell pictures of you in that condition to any pervert with $100 to spend like Terri's parents did?

That's when they lost me 100%. I stopped having ANY respect or sympathy for them as the family quit their jobs and started to whore her out and making their living from their plight. Michael Schiavo never did that, he kept his job as a respratory therapist - which he got INTO BTW, BECAUSE of Terri.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#295768 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly Katie! Without the exploitation of Terri, the PLM fools like Randall Terri and Freaky Frankie Pavone would be nothings.
It is disturbing these two are taken seriously by anyone!

Location hidden

#295769 May 12, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>So, you are for Euthanasia, you are not pro life at all. Do you know what Christ said about the most vulnerable? What ever you do to the least of your brother, you do to Me ...so in other words you are putting Christ to death. Every life is important, from conception to natural death.
Knutter, seriously. Shut the hell up. Not wanting to be on a vent isn't euthanasia. Neither is removing life support.

You dont even know what euthanasia is.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295770 May 12, 2013
And foo. I hear what you say about the tube.

The press was hysterical on the starving. If it was peaceful that is better.. But still think it could have been avoided. HOW LONG WAS she on LIFE SUPPORT.not tube..
One poster says they only out her in hospice when they removed it.. I think.

This thread has been all day. Hard to remember it all!!

And yes I am sure it was horrible to watch her die..you I mean.

Location hidden

#295771 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Now here is a Catch 22 I...think the peaceful way pets are put down is good.
I TRUST MY CHILD with my life.
I DO NOT WANT to be a vegetable.
BUT I could not want her to be responsible ACTIVELY for my death..That would be sin for both of us
What do you mean "actively" for your death? I was actively responsible for telling the doctors to remove my mothers ANH. That was what her wishes were, but I had to make that determination. I did not sin - I followed HER wishes.

When my father died two months later, I was responsible for stopping treatment as well, as that was also HIS wish, he didn't ever want to be on machines of ANY kind either. Again, I did not sin, nor did the doctors that made the recommendations that while we COULD have kept him alive almost indefinetly on machines, we shouldn't as it was futile care.
BUT if we ALLOW ACTIVE LIFE ENDING. Families will put down loved ones maybe too early..
Rose, we're not dogs or cats or other animals. We dont "put down" loved ones. Stopping invasive medical care is not 'putting anyone down'.

Location hidden

#295772 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know who you are, when people write you can clearly see. The name fools only yourself..
ANyone have any idea what this fool is babbling about this time?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295773 May 12, 2013
Inane comments and ridiculous accusations--what more does FFJ have to work with, really?
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>So you're linking Cpeter to charges of indecent solicitation of a child on a public forum? I feel pretty good about my opinion not being worth shit in comparison to your stupidity.

Location hidden

#295774 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened about 8 years ago in a nursing home in mempis tn. I watched this old woman and her daughter give the man jello, and thought they knew what they were doing. The note above bed said no solid foods, and I didn't know any different, but the man started to asperate and when the nurse came in, she asked what was his code? The wife said, what do you mean??? Is he dying, and the nurse said yes! She said please save him!?! They were all crying, well wife and 60 yo daughter, but I was on the other side of the room, waiting for another man to dye.
My story is true, whether you want to believe it or not :)
Gtown, you're full of shit. FIrst off, someone in a coma or in the process of dying, someone's who's NPO isn't going to be swallowing either. They would have had to do more than spoon some jello into a closed mouth that's not cooperating for them to asperate.

Second, no nurse is going to come in and ask a visitor "what the code is". They're not going to blurt out that the patient is dying, and they're NOT going to do all this with strangers in the room. Period.

BOH is right, you're an idiot.

Indianapolis

#295775 May 12, 2013
Sorry about your mom. I don't think some people can understand what it means until it involves a loved one. It's an act of charity to release a body from that situation. It benefits no one but those who are in denial of the situation.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly Cpeter!
A couple years ago, my mom, who had been on ANH, started to refuse her insulin. In 4 days, she would occasionally look around - respond to pain reflexes - but nobody was home and that was very clear. We had the ANH removed that day, and it took her body 14 days to shut down. She did NOT starve to death, and it was a surprisingly peaceful process. No murder, just dying naturally.
The way these idiots talk, they act like its something bad, something to fear. While it wasn't the ideal way to go, it was worse on those of us waiting with her than it was for her.
To MOST people, the something to fear would be to be hooked up to machines the way Terri Schiavo was.

Location hidden

#295776 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
He was shacked up with another woman.
Big deal. So were you. Difference is, he didn't "shack up" until well over 10 years and knowing for a fact she wasn't going to recover. And he DIDNT give up on her, he stood by her 100% and what SHE Would have wanted.
She was worth way more to him dead.
And the sad part is you dont even know how stupid this comment is.

Indianapolis

#295777 May 12, 2013
Like most deaths of this kind, it's about ending suffering for all concerned, and allowng the dying a dignified exit.
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>My oldest sister died in 2007. She was 51, on a vent, organs failing one by one and unconscious. She got a C diff infection on top of everything and the medications she was being given were not being metabolized because of the C diff so she was dying, just very slowly. Her daughter decided to take her off the vent which was fine, everyone else agreed it was best. Killed me to see my mother crying like that ya know? Took about 10 minutes and she just stopped breathing. It's a beautiful death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 7 min Fair Game 1,510
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min woodtick57 1,125,469
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 26 min Bruin For Life 27,914
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min Thinking 230,010
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 3 hr Becky 449
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Oct 17 Mary Downformore 201,187
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE