Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,951
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295743 May 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The schiavo case was very much like my father's. It took two days for my father's body to stop functioning on its own. Fortunately, his family wasn't interfering in the process.
Terri was NOT coming back, no matter how much her insane family said she was. They interfered in his right to guardianship for years. Yes, he tried to move on, because his wife was dead in very meaningful way. Eventually, her family had to be banned from the hospital; her siblings tied to feed her orally. If you think starvation is a nasty way to go, look up death by aspiration. However, there was no suffering; terri's upper brain function was nil. The autopsy showed her brain had shrunk to a third of its original size, a process that takes years. She was dead long before her body stopped. There was no murder.
Pretty much every medical procedure is godless; it's a scientific process, not a religious one.
<quoted text>
Exactly Cpeter!

A couple years ago, my mom, who had been on ANH, started to refuse her insulin. In 4 days, she would occasionally look around - respond to pain reflexes - but nobody was home and that was very clear. We had the ANH removed that day, and it took her body 14 days to shut down. She did NOT starve to death, and it was a surprisingly peaceful process. No murder, just dying naturally.

The way these idiots talk, they act like its something bad, something to fear. While it wasn't the ideal way to go, it was worse on those of us waiting with her than it was for her.

To MOST people, the something to fear would be to be hooked up to machines the way Terri Schiavo was.

Location hidden

#295744 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text> Has any other came out of acoma after being told they wouldn't ?
She wasn't IN a coma you dumbass. Seriously, you should REALLY shut up when you dont have a damn clue what you're babbling about.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#295745 May 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
What is it your jesus said? When you marry, you leave your parents and cleave to your spouse? Legal marriag spells it out--the spouse becomes the primary kin and makes medical decisions when they cannot. Her parents were delusional concerning her condition.
Medically speaking, there is no difference between a respirator and a feeding tube--both are extraordinary measures for prolonging ife. When a dx of brain death (or PVS) is made, the guardian has every right to remove such measures.
You have no idea what he was thinking; you make assumptions based on your distaste for the situation. Having been through it, I can tell you it's not what you seem to think. Keep in mind that she would have slipped away YEARS earlier without the parents' legal maneuvering without ANY positive change in her condition.
<quoted text>
My oldest sister died in 2007. She was 51, on a vent, organs failing one by one and unconscious. She got a C diff infection on top of everything and the medications she was being given were not being metabolized because of the C diff so she was dying, just very slowly. Her daughter decided to take her off the vent which was fine, everyone else agreed it was best. Killed me to see my mother crying like that ya know? Took about 10 minutes and she just stopped breathing. It's a beautiful death.

Location hidden

#295746 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I've seen a man dye that way, and it is horrible.
You are 100% LYING. I've seen it more than once, with my mother and with my grandfather 20 years ago. Its not horrible, its extremely peaceful.
His wife and daughter were feeding him jello, even though the sign on his bed said NO FOOD.
Then they were not only stupid, they were murderers.

But you're lying about that as well. There's not a hospital in the world that would allow that for someone that's NPO.
But cpeter -what's the difference in just not feeding those in the nursing homes, who don't even know their own names?
They're not brain dead for one thing.

Do you EVER stupid being a MORON?

Location hidden

#295748 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think this was common sense, but as elise put it, they don't like being bothered with facts, and use their own education system :(
Oh the IRONY!

You and Inkstain are like the blind leading the stupid.

Location hidden

#295749 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, but I was under the impression, that when a persons heart beat on it's own, and they breathed on their own, and all YOUR job was, was to feed them, and you stopped feeding them, they starved to death?
How many do you know in nursing homes that don't even know they are there, yet they are fed and cared for?
Plus her own mother and father wanted her alive, hubby had moved on, so why not give her back to her parents, or do you feel when YOU think it is time to pull the plug on folks, it should be done?
She lived untill they stopped feeding her, then layed there till she died many days later??? Perhaps you can educate me on what took place?
Slippery slope. That guy didn't care one bit, and even had her creamated, if I remember right AGAINST her parents will.
I pray you never have that kind of son in law.
Cpeter seems to think the parents were the problem, could it be they loved their little girl?
Has any other came out of acoma after being told they wouldn't ?
She wasn't in a coma.

Location hidden

#295750 May 12, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate yourself on the legalities you would have to ignore in order to see your wishes come true.
Give her back to her parents? Was she a little plastic dolly??
Terri Schiavo's husband loved her. Loved her through and through, even after her brain liquefied. He fought hardest for her wishes to be carried out. Her wishes, as an adult married woman. He showed respect to her even as the spark that made Terri, Terri, had dimmed.
Her parents made her a paycheck.
But, then, the Schindlers had a lot of help from the PLM. The same PLM, the very same people (Father Pavone and Randall Terry), who offered enough money to NM (Roe) who chose to leave her lover when her lover needed her most.
What kind of organization, proclaiming to be Christian no less, does that?! And why would you so willingly believe their blatant deceit?
Exactly Katie! Without the exploitation of Terri, the PLM fools like Randall Terri and Freaky Frankie Pavone would be nothings.

Location hidden

#295751 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

This is far worse then assisted suicide, it was a clear case of first degree murder, and will one day be judged as such.
Perhaps not on earth, but the Highest of courts.
No it wont. I defy you to show us where even your twisted version of g-d says brain dead people have to be kept alive indefinetly by machines.

It was not in ANY way, shape or form murder, and it was no different than the literally thousands of cases where people are taken off of ANH every week all over the nation.

Refusing artifical medical treatment isn't murder you stupid jackwit.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295753 May 12, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Rose--I edited out the 1st sentence when I saw it wasn't gtown. Don't know why it latched back on....
<quoted text>
Okies:)..

Location hidden

#295754 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
After living ON HER OWN POWER for many years,
She WASNT living "on her own power" you dumbass! She had to have ANH inserted in her SURGICALLY, and had many many health issues BECAUSE of infections, rejections and complications of that surgery. She had a catheter, and a colostomy - the colostomy also surgical, also led to issues.

She was a body in a bed that didn't need a resperator, and thats ALL. Again, not unlike THOUSANDS that stop that shit daily die naturally.
Gtown71

United States

#295755 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Becasue she was BRAIN DEAD you idiot. Autonomic function ONLY. NORMAL people dont try to keep a brain dead person alive for 15 years as her parents tried to do.
<quoted text> Oh horseshit. If he had "moved on", he WOULD have moved on and to hell with her.
Instead, he fought to follow through with what he KNEW her wishes to be, DESPITE those that would expolit her for their own purposes.
<quoted text>
Sorry, but they wanted what they could get alright - MONEY wise. You DO know they were taken to court because they snuck a camera into her room - AGAINST A COURT ORDER - and then sold the video and pictures for hundreds of dollars to any pervert that wanted them, right? Among other perversions they committed for money.
<quoted text> Fk their wishes. It wasn't ABOUT their wishes. Their wishes after all the crap they pulled weren't worth anything.
<quoted text> Really? You know this HOW? You dont even know the BASICS of this case. So what were his motives Mr Know it all?
<quoted text>
Really? You say this from experience huh? You wanted your wife dead before you screwed around on her?
<quoted text>
I defy you to show us ONE SINGLE "homes filled with these type of folks".
Oh wait, you can't, because no such places exist.
You moron.
<quoted text>
Balance of your bullshit deleted, since you just admitted you dont know shit. Idiot.
Anyone can goggle it, and really it is up to which side they want. Plenty of support on both sides.

Many people in nursing homes, that need to be fed, and have no idea who they are. Again, she breathed, heart beated, she was starved /thirsted to death.

Location hidden

#295756 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Folks don't get put into hospice unless doc feels they have less then 6 months in most cases.
Wrong again moron. My mom was in hospice for well over a year. My grandfather for 7 months. My wife's grandmother also for well over a year.

Its all on a case by case basis.

Terri was dying for 15 years, kept alive ONLY by machines. She was in hospice because her being taken OFF life sustaining medical equiptment was 100% certain, it was only a matter of when. The Schindlers wouldn't whore her out forever, and the courts finally had enough of their bullshit and did what they should have done years prior, let her die with dignity - something her parents tried to prevent.
It seems both sides have came out ok, with book deals.
One more thing you dont know shit about.

Michael Schiavo didn't make shit off that book, the author that actually wrote it did. At the time, Schiavo donated his proceeds to the foundation that was set up to prevent anything like what happened with terri from happening to anyone else.

The Schindlers on the other hand, well their book was an abysmal failure, as it should have been.

Nobody made any money off those books.
I still feel it is like abortion.
That's because you're a moron.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295757 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly Cpeter!
A couple years ago, my mom, who had been on ANH, started to refuse her insulin. In 4 days, she would occasionally look around - respond to pain reflexes - but nobody was home and that was very clear. We had the ANH removed that day, and it took her body 14 days to shut down. She did NOT starve to death, and it was a surprisingly peaceful process. No murder, just dying naturally.
The way these idiots talk, they act like its something bad, something to fear. While it wasn't the ideal way to go, it was worse on those of us waiting with her than it was for her.
To MOST people, the something to fear would be to be hooked up to machines the way Terri Schiavo was.
ANH??? And sorry for the loss. Moms are esp hard.......imo
Gtown71

United States

#295758 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rare is when you say something with some basis in fact.
DO you have ANY clue how many women are raped yearly? ANY idea at all? Try TENS OF THOUSANDS! And that's REPORTED rapes. Over half of all rapes are NOT reported.
Did you know that 5% of those rapes will result in pregnancy? And half of those or more will be aborted.
Two weeks? You're a bigger ass than I thought.
Its morons like you that spread such terrible mis-information, that its actually DANGEROUS to women.
You SHOULD be ashamed, but you dont have the intelligence OR class. Its truly frightening that you're raising a girl. I pray your wife is a WHOLE lot smarter than you are. But I have my doubts, given she stays with you.
Hey math whizz, do your own math, 10's of thousands??? 5 % of those result in pregnancies, and only half of those end up aborted??? We straight soo far????

Over 3,500 abortions a day??,?

Yes I stand behind my numbers :)

Location hidden

#295759 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, I feel better now. Instead of starving to death, she thirst to death.
Implanting Roses idea now!
As she says peace :)
She wasn't thirsty.

Location hidden

#295760 May 12, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It happened about 8 years ago in a nursing home in mempis tn. I watched this old woman and her daughter give the man jello, and thought they knew what they were doing. The note above bed said no solid foods, and I didn't know any different, but the man started to asperate and when the nurse came in, she asked what was his code? The wife said, what do you mean??? Is he dying, and the nurse said yes! She said please save him!?! They were all crying, well wife and 60 yo daughter, but I was on the other side of the room, waiting for another man to dye.
My story is true, whether you want to believe it or not :)
Were there any charges? Other than stupid?
Gtown71

United States

#295761 May 12, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% LYING. I've seen it more than once, with my mother and with my grandfather 20 years ago. Its not horrible, its extremely peaceful.
<quoted text>
Then they were not only stupid, they were murderers.
But you're lying about that as well. There's not a hospital in the world that would allow that for someone that's NPO.
<quoted text>
They're not brain dead for one thing.
Do you EVER stupid being a MORON?
I was referring to the man asperating to death on jello, it was not peaceful, he was gasping at air, not peaceable MOM :)

You like calling me son, so I'll call you mom.
That gives me two new moms -you and bit o honey. L, but not outloud.

I know it don't cross your mind for some one as vile as me, to be the son of someone sooo careing and loveable as you are :)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295762 May 12, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>My oldest sister died in 2007. She was 51, on a vent, organs failing one by one and unconscious. She got a C diff infection on top of everything and the medications she was being given were not being metabolized because of the C diff so she was dying, just very slowly. Her daughter decided to take her off the vent which was fine, everyone else agreed it was best. Killed me to see my mother crying like that ya know? Took about 10 minutes and she just stopped breathing. It's a beautiful death.
That is what I was talking about..if I am that bad off remove me please..

and MAYBE if that was TS wish when she first came in critical..should have been done..the article said she was vented..no idea how long..but then they made her "better"

Nothing religiius that I can see says you have to use extraordinary means to keep some from dying..like a vent..my only concern is feeding tube..but hey its over ..she is at peace...
Gtown71

United States

#295763 May 12, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>She wasn't thirsty.
I geuss you're right, she really hadn't eaten.

Location hidden

#295764 May 12, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If she was truly brain dead..she would have been on a ventilator some point. No question as she wouldn't have the function to breathe.
I'm sorry rose, this is simply 100% untrue.

Breathing is a function of the brain stem. My mom's brain function stopped on day 6, but she didn't die until day 14, the rest of her systems simply didn't shut down, including that of her brain stem.
The thing is..if she,was so damaged she probably had been on one..at first..And taken off. IF THAT WAS THE CASE..sounds like she was breathing on her own..so still had some brain function.
I am all for no heroics..But starving to death for a week..sounds cruel to me.
As someone that's sat with a dying loved one who's been taken off ANH (artifical nutrition and hydration) twice, its not cruel at all, its shockingly peaceful. Havent you ever known someone that's had cancer or something, and lost their appetites, stopped eating and drinking? Especially in the final week or weeks? Its not cruel, its something that's perfectly normal.

Like I said in a prior post, its harder on those of use watching than on the person its happening to.
Don't know what the financials were..Think there was money involved for him..some settlement rings a bell..

.And he had to use it for her while she lived.(not sure on this at all)
You're right, and that money was in a trust htat was used for her care. That money ran out a few years in.
Anyway..if it was not for monetary reasons..he could have just divorced her in order to move on and make a deal parents or organizations for life would pay for her care..he could then have gotten married.
WHY? Why should he do that? People tried to convince my father to divorce my mother so he wouldn't have to impoverish himself through the medicare laws, and so he wouldnt go broke. If he'd have divorced my mom, the government would have taken over payment for her care.

Would you want your husband to divorce you and not fight for what he KNOWS you'd want him to do for you regarding your end of life decisions?

Anyone married to someone like Michael - that would stand up to the kinds of things he had to stand up to, death threats, idiots that threatened to kidnap his children until he "let terri go", there are actually people in JAIL for trying to harm him or his children,- heck Katie and I were on a forum where a woman threatened him and the judge in the case. It was reported to the FBI by a few of us, and she was arrested and that I know of, she's STILL in jail. ANother case was a man that was caught breaking into a gun shop a few miles from Michael's house, and the guy told the cops he was going to kill Michael.

.... and despite all this, he STILL stood up for what he KNEW his wife wanted.

The EASY thing would have been for him to say "fuck it" and walk away. He didn't. He did the RIGHT thing.
And leave it to those who.wanted her to live.
Just a thought
Rose, I mean NO disrespect - please know that. But read this carefully -

IT WASN'T ABOUT THOSE THAT WANTED HER TO LIVE.

IT WAS ABOUT WHAT ***SHE*** WANTED.

And that's what it should ALWAYS be about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Portlandia 1,153,045
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 232,698
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr IBdaMann 2,657
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 28,358
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr JAX 201,148
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web