Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
277,761 - 277,780 of 305,081 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, just an FYI. The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term.
What you describe above is abortion. Pregnancies are aborted, not fetuses. We say "aborting fetuses" (and i just did by repeating someone else's example), but it's not accurate.
One of the problems in this particular thread is that few on opposite sides of the aisle talk the same language or use the same definitions for the same words.
That contributes to the confusion as well.
So that no one is confused, what does an abortion do to a fetus?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Flushes it out of the uterus, usually....

Often, without any interference from anyone.

Spontaneous abortion happens more often than the planned kind.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Real christian of ya there Tommychild.
He is a real Chrisian.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Flushes it out of the uterus, usually....
Often, without any interference from anyone.
Spontaneous abortion happens more often than the planned kind.
Fetuses that are intentionally flushed out usually healthy and have beating hearts and are taking form. That seems quite different than a natural abortion where a fetus isn't implanting right or is not thriving.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

The schiavo case was very much like my father's. It took two days for my father's body to stop functioning on its own. Fortunately, his family wasn't interfering in the process.

Terri was NOT coming back, no matter how much her insane family said she was. They interfered in his right to guardianship for years. Yes, he tried to move on, because his wife was dead in very meaningful way. Eventually, her family had to be banned from the hospital; her siblings tied to feed her orally. If you think starvation is a nasty way to go, look up death by aspiration. However, there was no suffering; terri's upper brain function was nil. The autopsy showed her brain had shrunk to a third of its original size, a process that takes years. She was dead long before her body stopped. There was no murder.

Pretty much every medical procedure is godless; it's a scientific process, not a religious one.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear about your father.
I clearly see a difference in unplugging a machine that is keeping one breathing or heart beating, when they can no longer do so, with no hope of ever doing so, and those who are otherwise healthy and being killed.
Just like a baby dying in it's mothers womb, and an otherwise healthy baby being killed and then removed.
Perhaps you remember the Terrie Shiavo case, where her husband wanted her feeding tube removed, against her parents wishes?
He had already moved on and was shacking up with another woman, but I geuss it bothered him, having a wife alive. Terrie breathed on her own, her heart beat on it's on. She would have tears go down her face, when she heard her mothers voice. She couldn't feed herself???!!!??
The feeding tube was removed, and about 9 days later she DIED.
WHAT THEY DON'T LIKE YOU TO KNOW, IS SHE STARVED TO DEATH.
Think as you will, but the judges, and hubby, and all involved will meet God one day as murderers.
I can only pray they get saved just like this sinner did.
JESUS TRULY SAVES.
Again I'm sorry for your loss, but to me there is a huge difference in what happened to your father, and what happened to terri shiavo.
I see a day comming soon, where we will have no need for nursing homes, when you get to the point of having to be taken care of, then you will be.put down like a dog.
I see a day comming soon, where post birth abortions will take place "legaly " since I'm sure there are already many done, out of over 3,500 daily abortions. That's 1 out of every 4 kids, which many on here seem to think are great numbers, and we should be thankful they "allowed " those kids to live.
I was once for abortion rights, but I was once for any and all unGodlyness.
No matter how one views it -Abortion is a sick, Godless, selfish act, but having said that, you cannot redo what's been done. There are many things I wish I could redo in my own life. I just pray all who know not God, will know Him, BEFORE they die, and accept His Free gift "for us" of salvation, that cost Him, His Only Begotten Son.
He came "lived a perfect life "the kind we cannot "died for us "you and me "took on ALL Sin "past, present, future, and went to Hell, where He took the keys of Hell, and came out Victorious over death, Hell, and the grave.
What a deal, just agree with God!!!
I did over 12 years ago and met a God, I didn't believe exsisted, it is my hearts prayer, that many on here do the same, before they meet a Hell, they don't believe in.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

rosesz wrote:
Happy Mothers Day to all. With God's blessings to you and yours.
Thank you, and I hope you have a fabulous day, Rosesz.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was so full of compassion that He forgave those who crucified Him
I think RAZZ loves God in her way.
Peace and Happy Mothers Day.
I don't doubt that she does love God. Too bad she isn't a happier person, though:-\

Happy Mother's Day to you, friend.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetuses that are intentionally flushed out usually healthy and have beating hearts and are taking form. That seems quite different than a natural abortion where a fetus isn't implanting right or is not thriving.
In your opinion.

It 'seems' you are far more concerned with the 'why' or the 'how' of the abortion, than you are about the fact that some fetii live, and some don't.

Why are you so interested in abortion, when the mortality rates from gestation and delivery in this country, are higher than in all but two others, in the industrialized world?

Wouldn't your energies be better expended in an effort to change that?

Just checking.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The schiavo case was very much like my father's. It took two days for my fat her's body to stop functioning on its own. Fortunately, his family wasn't interfering in the process.
Terri was NOT coming back, no matter how much her insane family said she was. They interfered in his right to guardianship for years. Yes, he tried to move on, because his wife was dead in very meaningful way. Eventually, her family had to be banned from the hospital; her siblings tied to feed her orally. If you think starvation is a nasty way to go, look up death by aspiration. However, there was no suffering; terri's upper brain function was nil. The autopsy showed her brain had shrunk to a third of its original size, a process that takes years. She was dead long before her body stopped. There was no murder.
Pretty much every medical procedure is godless; it's a scientific process, not a religious one.
<quoted text>
Gtown71 appears to have a strong aversion to education.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>In your opinion.
It 'seems' you are far more concerned with the 'why' or the 'how' of the abortion, than you are about the fact that some fetii live, and some don't.
Why are you so interested in abortion, when the mortality rates from gestation and delivery in this country, are higher than in all but two others, in the industrialized world?
Wouldn't your energies be better expended in an effort to change that?
Just checking.
Do you think our efforts should be to encourage more abortions to prevent possible maternal deaths? Just checking.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think our efforts should be to encourage more abortions to prevent possible maternal deaths? Just checking.
Only you would take what I said that way.

Freak.

And no - but it would be nice, if there were more effort to actually reduce the risks of pregnancy, rather than reducing access to the legal medical procedure which allows women to avoid those risks...since if pregnancy wasn't such a risky endeavor, even in one of the most 'medically advanced' countries in the world, there might be more women willing to take it on.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Only you would take what I said that way.
Freak.
And no - but it would be nice, if there were more effort to actually reduce the risks of pregnancy, rather than reducing access to the legal medical procedure which allows women to avoid those risks...since if pregnancy wasn't such a risky endeavor, even in one of the most 'medically advanced' countries in the world, there might be more women willing to take it on.
What makes you think there is a high maternal mortality rate in this country? Do you really think women are avoiding pregnancy for fear of death?
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you confused?

Pregnancy ends prior to term, but fetus is viable, it may survive. For a while. With complications, perhaps, but perhaps not.

Pregnancy ends prior to term, but fetus is not viable, it may not survive.

Still confused?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think there is a high maternal mortality rate in this country??
The Maternal Health Accountability Act of 2011.

It's more dangerous to give birth in the United States than in 49 other countries. African-American women are at almost four times greater risk than Caucasian women. A safe pregnancy is a human right for every woman regardless of race or income.

The Maternal Health Accountability Act of 2011 would establish accountability, fight maternal health disparities, and combat severe maternal complications. Urge your representative to co-sponsor the bill!

Take Action!
http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/campaigns/...

(So many people had your apathetic attitude toward maternal mortality in the US, that the act wasn't even considered for debate on the floor of the Senate in 2011, and was tabled indefinitely in 2013.)
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think women are avoiding pregnancy for fear of death?
I had an abortion for fear of death. So yes, I think it happens. Certainly more often than you seem to think it does.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Gtown71 appears to have a strong aversion to education.
I'm sorry, but I was under the impression, that when a persons heart beat on it's own, and they breathed on their own, and all YOUR job was, was to feed them, and you stopped feeding them, they starved to death?

How many do you know in nursing homes that don't even know they are there, yet they are fed and cared for?

Plus her own mother and father wanted her alive, hubby had moved on, so why not give her back to her parents, or do you feel when YOU think it is time to pull the plug on folks, it should be done?

She lived untill they stopped feeding her, then layed there till she died many days later??? Perhaps you can educate me on what took place?

Slippery slope. That guy didn't care one bit, and even had her creamated, if I remember right AGAINST her parents will.

I pray you never have that kind of son in law.

Cpeter seems to think the parents were the problem, could it be they loved their little girl?

Has any other came out of acoma after being told they wouldn't ?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Maternal Health Accountability Act of 2011.
It's more dangerous to give birth in the United States than in 49 other countries. African-American women are at almost four times greater risk than Caucasian women. A safe pregnancy is a human right for every woman regardless of race or income.
The Maternal Health Accountability Act of 2011 would establish accountability, fight maternal health disparities, and combat severe maternal complications. Urge your representative to co-sponsor the bill!
Take Action!
http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-work/campaigns/...
(So many people had your apathetic attitude toward maternal mortality in the US, that the act wasn't even considered for debate on the floor of the Senate in 2011, and was tabled indefinitely in 2013.)
<quoted text>
I had an abortion for fear of death. So yes, I think it happens. Certainly more often than you seem to think it does.
Yes it happens, so do rape and incest cases, but if abortion was only for those three, the clinics would only run 1 month out of the year, tops. More like 2 weeks :(

Rare.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The schiavo case was very much like my father's. It took two days for my father's body to stop functioning on its own. Fortunately, his family wasn't interfering in the process.
<quoted text>
Yes, I've seen a man dye that way, and it is horrible. His wife and daughter were feeding him jello, even though the sign on his bed said NO FOOD.

But cpeter -what's the difference in just not feeding those in the nursing homes, who don't even know their own names?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
One would think this was common sense, but as elise put it, they don't like being bothered with facts, and use their own education system :(
rosesz

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you rushing to judgement?
Oh I already plead GUILTY to judging these guys..based on what we know.... HIM and Gosnell..But I am hoping the justice system takes care of of them. GOD is the ultimate judge and as far as eternity goes my opinion does not count one bit for sure.

If you are referring to the brothers..well That does remain to be seen but one can only guess that they were in that house sometimes in 10 years..and saw starving pregnant women at some point..it's not like this guy was some rock star with willing groupies. If I had to guess I'd say he shared them to keep the bros quiet or maybe there was one for each.BUT THAT IS ONlY A GUESS

But the girls are talking..So we shall see.

Never said I was perfect lol
rosesz

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I don't doubt that she does love God. Too bad she isn't a happier person, though:-\
Happy Mother's Day to you, friend.
Well have to say..Sure didn't go hungry. Lol..12 of us with kids and grandkids.( sons family and his wife's)''Big brunch at very historic spot.Very nice..

Hubby been very nice past week..so got him his Jack Reacher movie ( we never buy movies)'So he's happy and I can play on kindle:)

He tried to drag me at Christmas but neither one of up to sitting so long in theatre..so I guess it just came on pay per view..5 months..very turn around????? No idea..And cheaper than going to boot!!!

Anyway nice day.. thank God..

HOPE yours was as well:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••