Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,882)

Showing posts 277,621 - 277,640 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

CrabApple wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm thinking this poster feels if a pro choice or a pro life person has limits to their views, they are hypocrites
that if one thinks its okay to kill the baby when 9 weeks old en utero why isn't it okay to kill the same healthy baby at 8 months en utero
and on the same token if its not okay to kill the baby en utero because it living then why is it okay to kill the baby en utero because its life began due to rape
if i'm wrong the poster can correct me
Perhaps... You might be on to something.

What I do know is those countries who have little to no restrictions on abortion have lower rates of annual abortion than we do. They also have comprehensive sex education and affordable birth control. Two factors contributing to lower annual rates we lack on a consistent basis.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You being an open lesbian woman, plus knowing what society would have done to you just a few years ago, SHOULD make you defend each and every voice on here. I geuss we forget the past quickly?
Perhaps you should sign up for the godless westboro baptist chuch, they will put a sign in your hand :)
Even they should be allowed to say their peace, yet if they get to close, others should be allowed to shut thrm up.
We'll to be clear which I really try for both sides on this..SOMETIMES A MOM GETS IN TROUBLE..GOES TO A HOSPITAL (not a clinic) they try to save mom and baby.by delivery usually,,.Sometimes it does not work for one or the other or both..that is to me not an abortion...
And sometimes tragically the baby in the womb is dead..They have to get it out. Period..I imagine by pitocin. But if they have to do an emergency surgery to get it out they will...Period.

I know you know what I mean by I HAVE GOTTEN ARGUMENTS ON IT. SOOO. I wanted to make it clear AGAIN.:)

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense! Jesus died for your sins and you are holding up your end to make sure His death was not moot.
Knitter, I keep seeking the good in you, and I know you have some. But you bash most, including fellow Christians, that don't toe whatever line in the sand you've drawn. It's sad to read because I do think that buried somewhere inside your indoctrinated brain lies a caring person.
Good evening "AJ!"

How've ya been luv? ;P

My dear friend, when I'm driven to the point of despair regarding our dearest "Knit," and her intentions, you "miraculously" appear...

"Divine Intervention...?"

Perhaps, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go there just yet!

I've tried for a long time to do as you're doing--"seeking-the-good " in our "Knit"--but admittedly I'm having a much more difficult time doing so nowadays.
She just won't get off of this "Mean-Spirited" streak she's been on.
First it was "La," and "Pup-C." One, a former member of the "P-L" side and, same one, a former Catholic. Other, doesn't "fit-her-bill" as it were...
Now that they're gone, she's turned her sights on anyone and everyone who's not marching in lockstep with her bizarre "revisionist" view of Catholicism that her "church" is promoting.

More's the pity...
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Its Skanky JM Rose. Yet another of the regular cowardly trolls here. Disregard that idiot too.
Early on, Rose's posts reminded me very much of SassyJM's posts. I even asked if she was Sassy posting under a different SN. Rose assured me she's not. But they do share similar views regarding this topic almost straight across the board. However, I can detect more thoughtfulness coming from Rose than I do from the others. And that is refreshing.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Skanky doesn't believe that there's ANY reason for an "emergency situation" that would warrant abortion. Ever. For ANY reason.
SHe's said here repeatedly she'd rather her daughter die than have a life saving abortion.
The Skank ain't wrapped too tight.
This site is messing with me..I could swear My last answer to Grown was to your post to me..

PARDONS to both..This site has shown me in three places today..Is it April fool???

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD ONE. And no solitary..
And make them the shower room attendants.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, the Fundie churches don't hold with popes. But you're absolutely right about the Bible part.
What's sad, is that there's probably more pedophilia going on in Holy Roller churches, than in the Catholic churches...most of them are riddled with lechers. There's one or another Holy Roller minister being investigated for that sh*t once a week, on our local news station...
That just goes to show how a lot of those "Holy Rollers" are just deceitful and predatory.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening "AJ!"
How've ya been luv? ;P
My dear friend, when I'm driven to the point of despair regarding our dearest "Knit," and her intentions, you "miraculously" appear...
"Divine Intervention...?"
Perhaps, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go there just yet!
I've tried for a long time to do as you're doing--"seeking-the-good " in our "Knit"--but admittedly I'm having a much more difficult time doing so nowadays.
She just won't get off of this "Mean-Spirited" streak she's been on.
First it was "La," and "Pup-C." One, a former member of the "P-L" side and, same one, a former Catholic. Other, doesn't "fit-her-bill" as it were...
Now that they're gone, she's turned her sights on anyone and everyone who's not marching in lockstep with her bizarre "revisionist" view of Catholicism that her "church" is promoting.
More's the pity...
Well I don't recognize your name but I think I am the former Catholic you meant..what was the name of the girl who had had the abortion. I keep thinking it was Karen..real name..keep asking but no one remembers??
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Its Skanky JM Rose. Yet another of the regular cowardly trolls here. Disregard that idiot too.
SWEET J M?? Wow if so don't remember the hostility..oh well
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll to be clear which I really try for both sides on this..SOMETIMES A MOM GETS IN TROUBLE..GOES TO A HOSPITAL (not a clinic) they try to save mom and baby.by delivery usually,,.Sometimes it does not work for one or the other or both..that is to me not an abortion...
And sometimes tragically the baby in the womb is dead..They have to get it out. Period..I imagine by pitocin. But if they have to do an emergency surgery to get it out they will...Period.
I know you know what I mean by I HAVE GOTTEN ARGUMENTS ON IT. SOOO. I wanted to make it clear AGAIN.:)
Rose, just an FYI. The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term.

What you describe above is abortion. Pregnancies are aborted, not fetuses. We say "aborting fetuses" (and i just did by repeating someone else's example), but it's not accurate.

One of the problems in this particular thread is that few on opposite sides of the aisle talk the same language or use the same definitions for the same words.

That contributes to the confusion as well.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You being an open lesbian woman, plus knowing what society would have done to you just a few years ago, SHOULD make you defend each and every voice on here. I geuss we forget the past quickly?
Perhaps you should sign up for the godless westboro baptist chuch, they will put a sign in your hand :)
Even they should be allowed to say their peace, yet if they get to close, others should be allowed to shut thrm up.
WTF are you babbling about son? I've been out since the 70's, society has never treated me poorly thankfully. Idiots like you have TRIED to, but you fail consistantly.

I've never said that Westboro SHOULDN'T be allowed their freedom of speech, however even THAT comes with restrictions son. Funny how you ignore that.

I absolutely defend your right to make an ass of yourself, and to be as stupid and twisted as the Westboro clan. And you're doing a VERY good job of it too!

Nobody's trying to shut you up, however we ARE trying to teach you that there IS a time to shut YOURSELF up. You seem determined to do as much damage to yourself, your credibility and your version of faith as you can.

More power to you fool.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And make them the shower room attendants.
Lol ..And not really funny but I think punishment should fit crime..he held those girls for 10 years and did GOD knows what..And the brothers had to know. Well hope they can keep this stuff from being prejudiced. So no chance for defense to use excuses.

Did they convict Eliz Smarts abductors..Can't remember..this stuff takes a long time..all these victims need prayers
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, just an FYI. The medical definition of abortion is pregnancy ending prior to term.
What you describe above is abortion. Pregnancies are aborted, not fetuses. We say "aborting fetuses" (and i just did by repeating someone else's example), but it's not accurate.
One of the problems in this particular thread is that few on opposite sides of the aisle talk the same language or use the same definitions for the same words.
That contributes to the confusion as well.
Hmmmm ok. Well I will stick with using emergency surgery.Or procedure to deliver dead baby from natural causes!!!

.I have been dinged by only a couple on both sides as they cannot understand what I mean

So lol I keep repeating myself..But get what you mean..Goes back to a previous post about life in the sixties ..That word abortion was not in most vocabularies..so fir me it means elective abortion..as in your purpose is to end the pregnancy..not to try and save a life in utero that may not be possible..whew..Hope. that is clear..to all..(I know you and others understand)
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to live down. She misspoke and admitted it back then. You continually brining it up says more about you than about a person that made a VERY simple mistake.
It says you got nothing but your impotent venom, and a persistant need to vent your spleen. ROFLMAO You may consider her a clown, but the bulk of us consider you a joke. LOL!
sorry but what she did was a lot more than a simple misspeak. she attempted to demean another poster's intelligence by calling her a 3rd grade drop out and then telling her she would school her on proper punctuation, and then demonstrated she didn't know basic punctuation herself.
and contray to your claim that she admitted it, she did not. she tried to cover her stupidity by saying that she didn't have her glasses and thought it was a semi colon. yet if that were the case then why did she proceed to define it as a colon?
she didn't misspeak. she didn't know the difference.
and she was going to lecture someone else.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Hey well at least I got back to South Florida. Closer than Ireland..weird site

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Alright,,, by your logic then...
A woman is raped! Why should the life she is carrying be any less deserving of the life of a 'baby/fetus/whatever you want to call it/ that is planned. Is it the fault of the life inside her? No. So to those who state reasons why it's okay, are a bit hypocritical. Choice is choice regardless. Pro life is pro life regardless. Stipulations are hypocritical. So please, by your logic, you are not pro-life, and don't have the 'right' to say you're OPPOSED to abortion because of your 'it's okay if...', it's quite obvious that you're not.
Those that know me, know my stance. Reasons/justifications lead to the same result.
Good Evening "Rach!"

As you're so wont to do,(as far as I've "known" you,) you've once again managed to undermine your reputation as a mere "troll" here and provided yet another interesting, thoughtful, post for us to consider.

"What is this all Ah-Boot eh?!?!"

Good to "see" you again my friend!

;P
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The same way we can support one's right to free speech without supporting the speech itself, AND supporting restrictions TO and ON that free speech.
Its not as difficult a concept as idiots like you try to pretend it is.
restrictions on free speech are necessary because unresticted free speech is a potential threat to the rights of others. no such threat exists when it comes to a woman's pregnancy. post viability it is still her pregnancy, still her body and still her private medical decision, and the fetus she carries possesses no rights, just as it possessed no rights pre viability. your analogy does not work.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saving this one for later. For when you do claim restrictions provide fetuses with limited rights. Because we all know you've posted that in the past. And I know you will do so again.
But I'm not wasting time running a wild goose chase just because you snapped your fingers.
i've never posted that restrictions provide fetuses with limited rights. never. you're a stinkin liar.
worships reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Mixing up a colon and semi-colon is a debacle to you? One that can't be lived down?
Yet you seem to have no clue that the first word of a sentence is supposed to be capitalized. Are you simply too lazy to press the shift key? Or they don't teach proper capitalization in fundie schools?
yep, just too lazy. but then again i've never claimed i was going to school someone on proper punctuation and then proceed to humiliate myself when i demonstarte i don't know basic punctuation myself.
how utterly embarrassing. yet it hasn't stopped her from comimg back and calling others stupid or uneducated. what a set of stones.

“That rug tied the room”

together--did it not...?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't recognize your name but I think I am the former Catholic you meant..what was the name of the girl who had had the abortion. I keep thinking it was Karen..real name..keep asking but no one remembers??
Greetings "Rose."

No, you're not the "former Catholic" of whom I spoke.

I have followed some of your conversations on-and-off with the others for a little while now with some interest.

From what I've seen, I can't say that you or I will ever see "eye-to-eye" on the matter of abortion but, from what I've witnessed thus far, you're thoughtful, considerate poster who's posts are most definitely worthy of a similar response...

Best...JK!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 277,621 - 277,640 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••