Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,057
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Dublin, Ireland

#295241 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That's the problem...the universe isn't easy to understand. Science grew out of the realization that "god did it" didn't explain anything at all, really.
As you point out, every primitive culture has creation myths...but advanced societies have science.
<quoted text>
That is a built in reverence to being created by someone greater..obviously my belief. And my opinion.
rosesz

Dublin, Ireland

#295242 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The missing link is a myth. Man and apes share a common ancestor; some apes share a great deal of our DNA--chimps are a 98% match to us. There was never one link between apes and man for that reason. Evolution moves in baby steps, not leaps. There are probably tousands of subtle variations between proto-humans and modern man.
<quoted text>
No proof that man was an ape..plus of course man has a soul..belief

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#295243 May 8, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
I think abortion is the only word rednecks know how too spell.
You're a redneck? You did spell "too" right, just used it in the wrong way....

hahahah funny joke!
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#295244 May 8, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
G
She is Jewish.and does not believe Christ is Lord as we do. I think she is saying she has a strong belief in God..just not Jesus:)
Someone who has a strong belief in God doesn't support abortion. She in fact is for destroying the Image of God. Now tell me she has a strong belief in God. another thing, she thinks Christians and the Muslims have different Gods. She won't admit the God of Abraham is the same God of Christians and Muslims.

Location hidden

#295245 May 8, 2013
K,,, what kind of a world do we live in where this is acceptable?
Fireworks, public obscenity, civil disobedience, people walking around with pent up hatred inside... taking pleasure in manipulating others,,, celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, with little regard for the chaos around them....
The list goes on
my solution? Bubble wrap,,, lots and lots of bubble wrap.
The world would be a much better place with more bubble wrap!

Location hidden

#295246 May 8, 2013
You're welcome for the few seconds I took you from reality!

my pleasure
worships reality

AOL

#295247 May 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey calm down...did I write these laws?
no, but it's a valid question to ask if you agree with them. and that question you keep ducking.
Where did it become a crime to have an opinion?
no crime at all. in fact i'd love to hear your opinion.
I gave you my opinion and here you are still whining and bitching.
don't ever confuse whining and bitching with matter of factly asking a direct question.
I said a long time ago, more than once, that I would not choose to get an abortion myself. I don't find abortion a wonderful thing,
way to go out on a controversial limb.

but it is an option for those who want it. Like I told Sassy once before: if I said I was against any restrictions you'd be screaming bloody murder over that,
no i wouldn't. in fact i've said i admire the honesty of those on here who are consistent in their opinions regarding a woman's right to choose......at "anytime". you on the other hand are a mealy mouthed hypocrite.

and here I say that I'm "fine" with the restrictions in place you bitch about that too.
"i'm fine with it" tells me nothing. it implies you are willing to live with it as it is. but it doesn't tell me if you agree with them or not. once and for all, do you agree with the restrictions as they are, or would you prefer that a woman retined her right to choose at any time and for any reason?

The only thing you want to hear is that I agree totally and 100% with *worships stupidity* and proclaim that abortion should be totally illegal. Well, I don't think it should be illegal, but restrictions on late-term abortions do not bother me either. Apparently that makes you shit your pants, and that's at least amusing.
their you go again with the non committal answer. "they don't bother me". what a coward.
also be careful what you assume. wr does not believe abortion should be "totally illegal"
worships reality

AOL

#295248 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nope. He was not found guilty of anything, then he did nothing wrong. Innocent until proven guuilty, remember?
<quoted text>
According to the U.S. Supreme Court, the presumption of the innocence of a criminal defendant is best described as an assumption of innocence that is indulged in the absence of contrary evidence (Taylor v. Kentucky, 436 U.S. 478, 98 S. Ct. 1930, 56 L. Ed. 2d 468 [1978]). It is not considered evidence of the defendant's innocence, and it does not require that a mandatory inference favorable to the defendant be drawn from any facts in evidence.

being found not guilty does not prove innocence. only that the state did not prove it's case.

oj was also found not guilty. think he did nothing wrong?
worships reality

AOL

#295249 May 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you consider a viable fetus a "parasite".
just using the pro choice logic. don't like it? i'm not surprised.
the fetus sustaining itself off of the woman's system does not cease at viability.

Speaks volumes about you troll, as does the rest of your bullshit that's been answered over and over again.
nope. my bullshit has not been answered. bitner even admitted it hasn't, and never will be. follow along.
Ultimately, it IS her decision and if she's THAT determined, she WILL find a way.[?QUOTE]

we're talking legally here.

[QUOTE]Women should be restricted because of the VIABILITY of the fetus you moron,
really? why should some subjectively selected point in a parasite's development take a way a woman's right to personal autonomy?
as well as the health of the mother (as well as that of the VIABLE fetus), which is what the USSC stated when giving a timeline for restrictions.
that much i agree with.
Damn you people are stupid.
i like you. you're not very bright but it doesn't slow you down one bit.
worships reality

AOL

#295250 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The state's rights are protected when we restrict abortions post viability.
How come that hasn't sunk in yet?
maybe because it has no basis in fact. there are no states' "rights" in this case. the state has only, as per roe v wade, an "interest" in potential life. an interest they may or may not choose to exercise.

napppy time !
worships reality

AOL

#295251 May 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we DO know that, given every single charge against him was thrown out because of lack of evidence.
Grow the hell up azzhole.
sorry azzhole. no charges were thrown out. the case went to the jury. they deliberated. they found him "not guilty". not innocent mind you. but not guilty.

damn you people are stupid.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295252 May 8, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Abby Johnson: Pro-life advocate
I honestly find it laughable when an abortion supporter starts giving me advice on how to be a better Christian. I find Foo very laughable when she posts about Christians.
And the rest of us find it laughable when you call yourself a christian. We know better, and you prove you're not every time Knutbar.

Location hidden

#295253 May 8, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Someone who has a strong belief in God doesn't support abortion. She in fact is for destroying the Image of God. Now tell me she has a strong belief in God. another thing, she thinks Christians and the Muslims have different Gods. She won't admit the God of Abraham is the same God of Christians and Muslims.
You are a moron. If you think jesus is g-d, then NO YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SAME G-D AS A JEWISH PERSON.

This isn't rocket science you dumbazz.

DAMN you're stupid.

Location hidden

#295254 May 8, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
You're welcome for the few seconds I took you from reality!
my pleasure
Okay, for a second there, I was going too call you the voice of reason and sanity.

But I forgot, you CAN'T be! <<grin>>

<<<<<<< <hugs>>>>> >>>
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295256 May 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Found this on some website, the name of which I can't remember, but it was about Elizabeth Smart, kidnapped and repeatedly brutalized by her captors, as a young girl... and in the news lately for her subsequent strength in her recovery. It spoke volumes about your point above:
"...Our culture deliberately socializes women to be taken in. We condition girls (explicitly! Not even covertly!) to believe that if they're not sexually attractive, they're nothing. They're garbage. They might as well not exist. We reinforce, over and over, that their attractiveness has an expiration date, so the only thing they can do is desperately leverage that attractiveness while they can. If they resist that conditioning, we sexualize them against their will, and if they give in to that conditioning —or worse, if they are raped by a predator — we reveal the trap: Now you're a slut, and it's your fault. Now you're tainted. Now you're worse than nothing. Now you might as well not even cry out when your rapist takes you to the gas station in a wig and sunglasses."
She's on a speaking tour, promoting the abolition of 'abstinence only' education, in favor of thorough and frank sex ed, in public schools.
Ms. Smart is also a devout Christian and credits her Faith in Jesus as helping her cope with the pagan evil she endured.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#295257 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It should be noted that states CAN assert interest in third-trimester fetuses, but is not obligated to do so. Nor can it intercede if the pregnacy is a danger to the woman.
<quoted text>
Yeah, I forget those who think the fetuses are granted rights by restrictions overlook those little facts. That they don't realize MAY is not synonymous with WILL.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295258 May 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a moron. If you think jesus is g-d, then NO YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SAME G-D AS A JEWISH PERSON.
This isn't rocket science you dumbazz.
DAMN you're stupid.
Hey dimwit, Jesus dies on the cross for the sins of Jews and Gentiles alike. By his stripes we are all saved. You like to confuse the issue with your pagan inspired rants. Jesus is your Savior as much as he is mine.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#295259 May 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe because it has no basis in fact. there are no states' "rights" in this case. the state has only, as per roe v wade, an "interest" in potential life. an interest they may or may not choose to exercise.
napppy time !
Are you going to sit there and cry the fetus has civil rights, but not the woman and not the state then? Because that's exactly what you've been saying.
<rolls eyes>
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295260 May 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Christian hating hypocrite.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#295261 May 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
napppy time !
Who are the nutcases following you and agreeing with you? The monkeys are running the zoo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,155,536
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 28,452
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 233,043
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 5 hr Lora_14 10
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr sam 201,186
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 12 hr IBdaMann 2,731
Rashard Kelly's last-second putback gives No. 1... 17 hr dogman67156 1
More from around the web