Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
277,321 - 277,340 of 305,090 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
True we believe by faith.
But even with science..there are theories..they change. I can look at the sky. Or if I was s scientist look into subatomics..and see there is order. GOD or some intelligent designer is for me the only possible answer that makes sense..the more we know bu science..the more order we see.
Like the pieces of an old time watch. All those intricate pieces put together by a watchmaker..and the pieces were tolled by someone else...
He set the natural laws going..He does not have to say ok Fla gets rain today..etc. Dna is real. Ours did not come from any place else...or other creatures..or fish or whatever each generation of science said Man was made man..He has a soul..
Do we have similar Dna to other species ..most likely. But they are them. We are us. THERE IS NO MISDING LINK..Did man change like kn lifespan or number of teeth..yes it occurred naturally ... and environment anchor lifestyles changed also.
Believing by faith is fine. But the fact still remains that there's no proof. My argument is with Gtown telling me that God is real when there is no proof, only his faith. To Gtown God is real, but not to me.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Does it matter. Viable fetuses and babies were killed. tiller also killed viable fetuses.
And it was illegal. So what more is there to say?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you refer to all religions as cults?
No.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough.
I do pray however, that you take into consideration "how" I met God. You know, the One I was sure didn't exsist.
I do, but how much credit do you give yourself for your transformation?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you care since all of you "prochoice" proabortion pagans, believe a woman can kill the unborn child up until the child takes its first breath. Why are you walking on her right to "her body, her choice"?
You guys make no sense and that is at the crux of the so-called "prochoice but against abortion" nonsense. Prochoice is proabortion, no matter how you try and pretend it isn't.
You know it but hate the fact that it is the truth.
We don't make any sense to you because you refuse to comprehend what we are telling you. I think you enjoy wallowing in your anger and ignorance.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And it was illegal. So what more is there to say?
Dr. Tiller did nothing illegal.
What are you trying to say here?
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh stop whining already. How many times do I have to try and get through to you cement-head fundies.
Read this slowly so you can finally understand: Everything...has...restriction s.
Why should someone who has had too much to drink not be allowed to drive his/her car? It's still his car, right? What don't you get??
it's still his car ? how stupid is that ? he's not allowed to drive because he is a potential health/life threat to others. his driving while under the influence is a very real threat to the rights of others. is your brain even semi functional?

read this slowly so you can finally understand :

everything... has... restrictions...for...a...reaso n....and...the... reason...is...the...potential. ..adverse...impact....on...the ...rights of others.

just whose rights are being protected when we restrict abortions post viability?

post viability it is still the woman's pregnancy, it is still her body, it is still her private medical decision and the fetus she carries is still a parasite with no rights at all.

so I ask you again --- why should a woman be restricted to "any" window in order to exercise her right to a make a private medical decision?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to disprove such a thing, you and your fellow religious wackos would first have to prove your claim that god created man. Science has, and will continue to show that you were created by your mother and father. Try dealing in reality, not your wishful speculation.
You and your fellow christards obviously don't understand what a scientific theory is. It is painfully obvious.
And I say you cannot prove with your theories that God or an intelligent designer if you prefer fir not set onto motion the natural laws which would account for my parents conceiving me

I prrrsonslly accept by faith the account on the Bible.. you do not..But your theories do not disprove my belief..You prefer to put YOUR FAITH in changing theories. Fair enough. I do not
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I do, but how much credit do you give yourself for your transformation?
I had very very little to do with my salvation. All I did was surrender to what God wanted me to do that night. He was tightening up the "screws" and I was trying to bargain with Him. He don't bargain! When I finaly said ok God, but You're going to have to help me. I believe that was the momment I was saved "Justified", now as far as how I live, act, think, it is up to how much I feed my new spirit "man", which is called sanctification. Many many many Christians try and make the two words the same, and they try and say one must live up to a certain snctification in order to have justification, and each denomination has their own little or big "list" of things one must do. The thing is the leaders themselves will not and cannot live up to the very standards they try and put on the backs of the people.

I am Justified by Christ, sanctified by the renewing of my mind by His word.

Either one MUST not just be a head knowledge, but a heart knowledge.

Some of the largest denominations that claim to be christian, although they have many christians within them, they are anything but a christian denomination.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say here?
Sorry...I was thinking Gosnell.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Believing by faith is fine. But the fact still remains that there's no proof. My argument is with Gtown telling me that God is real when there is no proof, only his faith. To Gtown God is real, but not to me.
FAITH is believing in the unseen. For sure...But We can see evidence for God in every part of life if we believe.

And the intricasies found in nature logically seem to me easier to give credit to God for than a series of random events..big bangs or whatever theory is current..If I am not mistaken. Even some current theories disprove Darwin..

Since I don't believe in evolution between sprcies anyway. IT matter little to me. BUT I wonder why we teach it to our kids..IT CANNOT BE PROVEN EITHER.. why not teach Intelligent Design along with it..

Of course anyone is free to believe or not.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
it's still his car ? how stupid is that ? he's not allowed to drive because he is a potential health/life threat to others. his driving while under the influence is a very real threat to the rights of others. is your brain even semi functional?
read this slowly so you can finally understand :
everything... has... restrictions...for...a...reaso n....and...the... reason...is...the...potential. ..adverse...impact....on...the ...rights of others.
just whose rights are being protected when we restrict abortions post viability?
post viability it is still the woman's pregnancy, it is still her body, it is still her private medical decision and the fetus she carries is still a parasite with no rights at all.
so I ask you again --- why should a woman be restricted to "any" window in order to exercise her right to a make a private medical decision?
Hey calm down...did I write these laws? Where did it become a crime to have an opinion? I gave you my opinion and here you are still whining and bitching.

I said a long time ago, more than once, that I would not choose to get an abortion myself. I don't find abortion a wonderful thing, but it is an option for those who want it. Like I told Sassy once before: if I said I was against any restrictions you'd be screaming bloody murder over that, and here I say that I'm "fine" with the restrictions in place you bitch about that too. The only thing you want to hear is that I agree totally and 100% with *worships stupidity* and proclaim that abortion should be totally illegal. Well, I don't think it should be illegal, but restrictions on late-term abortions do not bother me either. Apparently that makes you shit your pants, and that's at least amusing.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had very very little to do with my salvation. All I did was surrender to what God wanted me to do that night. He was tightening up the "screws" and I was trying to bargain with Him. He don't bargain! When I finaly said ok God, but You're going to have to help me. I believe that was the momment I was saved "Justified", now as far as how I live, act, think, it is up to how much I feed my new spirit "man", which is called sanctification. Many many many Christians try and make the two words the same, and they try and say one must live up to a certain snctification in order to have justification, and each denomination has their own little or big "list" of things one must do. The thing is the leaders themselves will not and cannot live up to the very standards they try and put on the backs of the people.
I am Justified by Christ, sanctified by the renewing of my mind by His word.
Either one MUST not just be a head knowledge, but a heart knowledge.
Some of the largest denominations that claim to be christian, although they have many christians within them, they are anything but a christian denomination.
Faith not works...good way of putting it..Rituals are nice and may give comfort..but in the end each of us is on his own with God
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
But you did answer. Again and again and again. For over a year and into a second. Now he's calling me a liar because you claim you refuse to answer.
It's ridiculous!
no she did not answer. and she said she never would. are you calling her a liar now?

did you take that nap I recommended?
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no way of knowing that. only thing we do know for certain is that he was not proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
how dare you make a definitive statement you have no idea is true?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Mason ws cancelled in the 60's. The 70's were Rumpole at the Bailey, Owen Marshall, Paper Chase, Petrocelli, etc. It was mostly sitcoms, otherwise.
rosesz wrote:
The 70's...sorry..There was no law stuff on Tv except maybe Perry Mason..

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

The problem with teaching faith as fact is that every faith--christian, judaic, satanist, snake handler, hindu, muslim, etc--all have the same problem: none of them have the slightest bit of evidence. Intelligent design is not based on science, but on wishful thinking. Teach it in a religion class, not a science class.

Evolution didn't come out of nowhere; it's based on physical evidence--fossils, direct observation, DNA, etc. Nobody has proven darwin wrong; they have added or revised his theory--that's what science does.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FAITH is believing in the unseen. For sure...But We can see evidence for God in every part of life if we believe.
And the intricasies found in nature logically seem to me easier to give credit to God for than a series of random events..big bangs or whatever theory is current..If I am not mistaken. Even some current theories disprove Darwin..
Since I don't believe in evolution between sprcies anyway. IT matter little to me. BUT I wonder why we teach it to our kids..IT CANNOT BE PROVEN EITHER.. why not teach Intelligent Design along with it..
Of course anyone is free to believe or not.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Nope. He was not found guilty of anything, then he did nothing wrong. Innocent until proven guuilty, remember?
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no way of knowing that. only thing we do know for certain is that he was not proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
how dare you make a definitive statement you have no idea is true?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Mason ws cancelled in the 60's. The 70's were Rumpole at the Bailey, Owen Marshall, Paper Chase, Petrocelli, etc. It was mostly sitcoms, otherwise.
<quoted text>
But Perry came back. Lol..Rumpholee..missed that one

Seriously no one not involved had yhr general knowledge about court cases and especially not the clients besides what the lawyer told them.

The judge shows when they fend showed instant resolution..And Then Came.and court Tv and 24hour cable.. but in the 70s...nothing but the lawyers and whatever court she went to..
SHE was still hoping fir one when they lost the first round..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
The problem with teaching faith as fact is that every faith--christian, judaic, satanist, snake handler, hindu, muslim, etc--all have the same problem: none of them have the slightest bit of evidence. Intelligent design is not based on science, but on wishful thinking. Teach it in a religion class, not a science class.
Evolution didn't come out of nowhere; it's based on physical evidence--fossils, direct observation, DNA, etc. Nobody has proven darwin wrong; they have added or revised his theory--that's what science does.
<quoted text>
BUT WHY NOT sn intelligent designer who put things into motion..outside of religion..it is easier then believing in ..it just started..that takes faith in maybe there was a bang and something came from nothing..
I have been taught about God since childhood and it makes sense

BUT even in uncivklized cultures of the past..The worshipped od acknowledged SOND BEING greater than they were..They ones man was big ghd source..Something naturally within us leads us to acknowledge s xresfir..we on our infinite knowledge in the past century continue to Deng its (his) existence.
They thought Sun of moon or whatever..SCieNCE did not create anything..but it Was created

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min sweets2360 224,181
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min GUESS we 1,080,447
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 26,673
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... Thu Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••