Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
277,301 - 277,320 of 305,078 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>With that particular pregnancy, no. She did not.
However, she did have previous ones...illegally.
And I'm sorry, but I don't see Norma McCorvey as anything but an opportunist. She may have been the plaintiff in a pivotal case concerning a woman's privacy, and whether or not she has the responsibility for her own medical choices - but she has since become an advocate against the rights she succeeded in getting recognized, being exercised by anyone else.
I call that intensely hypocritical, yes.
Exactly, I wonder how much the scumbag, leech , no tax churches paid her to change her mind.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, I wonder how much the scumbag, leech , no tax churches paid her to change her mind.
Enough....

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

As far as casey anthony goes, the DA screwed up their case so badly that jack the ripper would've walked. But that's what happens when the DA bows to public pressure for a quick trial rather than taking time to properly vet everything. The same people screaming for her head are why she's a free woman.
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Not guilty doesn't mean they didn't do it. Not guilty means the prosecutor couldn't convince the jurors beyond a shadow of a doubt they did do it. This just goes to show the difference in how race and wealth play into it. Had Casey been a poor black woman she would have been convicted, had O.J been a poor black man, he would have been convicted.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Not guilty doesn't mean they didn't do it. Not guilty means the prosecutor couldn't convince the jurors beyond a shadow of a doubt they did do it. This just goes to show the difference in how race and wealth play into it. Had Casey been a poor black woman she would have been convicted, had O.J been a poor black man, he would have been convicted.
I am sure that their defense team had a lot to do with it..I just hope this jury doesn't believe his lawyer
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely much safer to terminate in the first trimester. Why they didn't, we may never know until some of these women can work up the courage to confront society and the government about restrictive laws and non funding for the poor. You're exactly right, Gosnell had several lawsuits pending, a rich white woman isn't going to Gosnell for an abortion.
Monro more reason why his defense is insulting to society..Black man helping poor minorities being persecuted..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, I wonder how much the scumbag, leech , no tax churches paid her to change her mind.
And her conversion. If it happened as she says will ultimately be between her and God..

I guess maybe I can imagine it happening better than you can..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
As far as casey anthony goes, the DA screwed up their case so badly that jack the ripper would've walked. But that's what happens when the DA bows to public pressure for a quick trial rather than taking time to properly vet everything. The same people screaming for her head are why she's a free woman.
<quoted text>
Yeah publicity on everything has changed society for sure..
Maybe its be pause of the 24 hour news cycles looking for something..
stuff on a lot of things gets into the public eye. But the press seems to pick and choose also.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you feel the need to mock Jesus Christ, once again proving you are just another anti-Christian proabortion pagan. You drip with hate and envy. You hate Jesus because you cannot bring yourself to ask for forgiveness for your sins.
Foo hates God.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems she has
I guess I can see the young girl. Abused bu mom and maybe man in her life.
Confused sexually.
and a prime plaintiff for those 2 lawyers looking for one..Told her they would help her get an abortion...Used..bu them when they knew she could not..Bug she served their purposes
I have great pity for her moredo after that article
BOTH SIDES used her and it appears she maybe used them too...not like she came out of it well.....But she. To me was the first victim of this whole ROE controversy.
I see someone who may not in later life been able to handle any of her confliction..I pray she really knows Christ..but even so maybe she carries s weight of guilt. I pray she finds peace
Found this on some website, the name of which I can't remember, but it was about Elizabeth Smart, kidnapped and repeatedly brutalized by her captors, as a young girl... and in the news lately for her subsequent strength in her recovery. It spoke volumes about your point above:

"...Our culture deliberately socializes women to be taken in. We condition girls (explicitly! Not even covertly!) to believe that if they're not sexually attractive, they're nothing. They're garbage. They might as well not exist. We reinforce, over and over, that their attractiveness has an expiration date, so the only thing they can do is desperately leverage that attractiveness while they can. If they resist that conditioning, we sexualize them against their will, and if they give in to that conditioning —or worse, if they are raped by a predator — we reveal the trap: Now you're a slut, and it's your fault. Now you're tainted. Now you're worse than nothing. Now you might as well not even cry out when your rapist takes you to the gas station in a wig and sunglasses."

She's on a speaking tour, promoting the abolition of 'abstinence only' education, in favor of thorough and frank sex ed, in public schools.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosmic dust, star dust was brought together to form the earth and inevitably, man. You are still an azzclown vile pagan.
Fairy tales and moonbeams were brought together in your head as a child, and (evidently) inevitably formed stalagtites in your brain as an adult. You are still a fetus worshiper, vile eunuch.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if a person could Not change their mind on anything ..especially someone whose own life had such an impact on the unborn...this definitely would not be a free country..
Or are you in favor of censorship as well as abortion..a woman has the right to have an abortion..but she should shut up if she has feelings..about that same thing later on...so then she is a hypocrite...Did you ever change your mind of feelings over a period of 40 years??? Your statements make very little sense to me coming from a person out for women's rights..only my opinion of course.
actually I think the expense came from proabortion advocates who used her case. Not even sure she had an abortion
She never had an abortion. An abortion was never expected by anyone involved. They all had to know that the case would take longer to settle than the gestation period.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Found this on some website, the name of which I can't remember, but it was about Elizabeth Smart, kidnapped and repeatedly brutalized by her captors, as a young girl... and in the news lately for her subsequent strength in her recovery. It spoke volumes about your point above:
"...Our culture deliberately socializes women to be taken in. We condition girls (explicitly! Not even covertly!) to believe that if they're not sexually attractive, they're nothing. They're garbage. They might as well not exist. We reinforce, over and over, that their attractiveness has an expiration date, so the only thing they can do is desperately leverage that attractiveness while they can. If they resist that conditioning, we sexualize them against their will, and if they give in to that conditioning —or worse, if they are raped by a predator — we reveal the trap: Now you're a slut, and it's your fault. Now you're tainted. Now you're worse than nothing. Now you might as well not even cry out when your rapist takes you to the gas station in a wig and sunglasses."
She's on a speaking tour, promoting the abolition of 'abstinence only' education, in favor of thorough and frank sex ed, in public schools.
Ugh topic just timed me out.

Short answer I agree about the sexuslization..Hollywood and these so called celebs should be way more responsible as role models..Problem is they ARE told models.

AS fir sec ed..even the programs they have must be giving them information on what NOT to do.
But these kiddies get stuff from biology class..the net. From Tv..and judging by what I see know more about sec than I did at 30!!

BUT I am all for graphic videos of births...StDs. and abortions..(which they will never show).

SAWsomething on the web for proposed sec ed telling about G SPOTS. SORRY but really. So we want 12 year OlDs learning to get more pleasure from sec...We should want to educate them out of hook up mentalities. I mean if you have multiple partners on middle d hook...what is there left yo make you feel special.Later in life..IMHO
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>She never had an abortion. An abortion was never expected by anyone involved. They all had to know that the case would take longer to settle than the gestation period.
Even according to this less then flattering article she seemed to think she could get one. She was young. They were lawyers "looking for a plaintiff"

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even according to this less then flattering article she seemed to think she could get one. She was young. They were lawyers "looking for a plaintiff"
Which only proves that it would have happened at some point, with her or another woman, and it really doesn't matter what she "thought" then OR what she thinks now.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

"razzmatazz"
You know abortion is sacrificing the child to Satan. As bizarre as that sounds its the truth.

yes that sounds bizzare,you are an idiot
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Which only proves that it would have happened at some point, with her or another woman, and it really doesn't matter what she "thought" then OR what she thinks now.
I am sure you are right..they wohkx have used someone..but they did use her and she naively thought it would happen.

The Tampa poster brought this all up and food article made for a lively discussion..
I still feel sorry for her..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you are right..they wohkx have used someone..but they did use her and she naively thought it would happen.
The Tampa poster brought this all up and food article made for a lively discussion..
I still feel sorry for her..
She also used them. And clearly stated later that she would have had the abortion if time had permitted.

She says she thought it would happen, but I tend not to believe that. It's so easy for her to say now, but then again, she's lied before. Why should she be automatically believed now?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She also used them. And clearly stated later that she would have had the abortion if time had permitted.
She says she thought it would happen, but I tend not to believe that. It's so easy for her to say now, but then again, she's lied before. Why should she be automatically believed now?
I said she did want one..Beck in the 80s ..ghost would a young person with no real education ghat I saw know how long a law case would take..and her reasons right then. Could not have been fame. THEY used s different name..She was the one pregnant. SHE obviously did noy Want The baby. We are a lot mord savvy on things like this now..She was not.

SHE diduse the Roe name later for sure. Personally I am glad her baby was born and glad it hes had anonymity ..bug having that child was hog her intent ss far as I can see frlmehat they wrote

SORRY still think she was used..and feel sorry for her.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

The 70's...sorry..There was no law stuff on Tv except maybe Perry Mason..
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware..Science has theories. That can change..God created man..which has never been disproven by science..

In order to disprove such a thing, you and your fellow religious wackos would first have to prove your claim that god created man. Science has, and will continue to show that you were created by your mother and father. Try dealing in reality, not your wishful speculation.

You and your fellow christards obviously don't understand what a scientific theory is. It is painfully obvious.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min TSM 1,079,120
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min waaasssuuup 224,042
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 2 hr RICK SERVICE 26
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••