Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,074
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
worships reality

United States

#295199 May 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop whining already. How many times do I have to try and get through to you cement-head fundies.
Read this slowly so you can finally understand: Everything...has...restriction s.
Why should someone who has had too much to drink not be allowed to drive his/her car? It's still his car, right? What don't you get??
it's still his car ? how stupid is that ? he's not allowed to drive because he is a potential health/life threat to others. his driving while under the influence is a very real threat to the rights of others. is your brain even semi functional?

read this slowly so you can finally understand :

everything... has... restrictions...for...a...reaso n....and...the... reason...is...the...potential. ..adverse...impact....on...the ...rights of others.

just whose rights are being protected when we restrict abortions post viability?

post viability it is still the woman's pregnancy, it is still her body, it is still her private medical decision and the fetus she carries is still a parasite with no rights at all.

so I ask you again --- why should a woman be restricted to "any" window in order to exercise her right to a make a private medical decision?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295200 May 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
In order to disprove such a thing, you and your fellow religious wackos would first have to prove your claim that god created man. Science has, and will continue to show that you were created by your mother and father. Try dealing in reality, not your wishful speculation.
You and your fellow christards obviously don't understand what a scientific theory is. It is painfully obvious.
And I say you cannot prove with your theories that God or an intelligent designer if you prefer fir not set onto motion the natural laws which would account for my parents conceiving me

I prrrsonslly accept by faith the account on the Bible.. you do not..But your theories do not disprove my belief..You prefer to put YOUR FAITH in changing theories. Fair enough. I do not
Gtown71

United States

#295201 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I do, but how much credit do you give yourself for your transformation?
I had very very little to do with my salvation. All I did was surrender to what God wanted me to do that night. He was tightening up the "screws" and I was trying to bargain with Him. He don't bargain! When I finaly said ok God, but You're going to have to help me. I believe that was the momment I was saved "Justified", now as far as how I live, act, think, it is up to how much I feed my new spirit "man", which is called sanctification. Many many many Christians try and make the two words the same, and they try and say one must live up to a certain snctification in order to have justification, and each denomination has their own little or big "list" of things one must do. The thing is the leaders themselves will not and cannot live up to the very standards they try and put on the backs of the people.

I am Justified by Christ, sanctified by the renewing of my mind by His word.

Either one MUST not just be a head knowledge, but a heart knowledge.

Some of the largest denominations that claim to be christian, although they have many christians within them, they are anything but a christian denomination.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#295202 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Tiller did nothing illegal.
What are you trying to say here?
Sorry...I was thinking Gosnell.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295203 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Believing by faith is fine. But the fact still remains that there's no proof. My argument is with Gtown telling me that God is real when there is no proof, only his faith. To Gtown God is real, but not to me.
FAITH is believing in the unseen. For sure...But We can see evidence for God in every part of life if we believe.

And the intricasies found in nature logically seem to me easier to give credit to God for than a series of random events..big bangs or whatever theory is current..If I am not mistaken. Even some current theories disprove Darwin..

Since I don't believe in evolution between sprcies anyway. IT matter little to me. BUT I wonder why we teach it to our kids..IT CANNOT BE PROVEN EITHER.. why not teach Intelligent Design along with it..

Of course anyone is free to believe or not.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#295204 May 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
it's still his car ? how stupid is that ? he's not allowed to drive because he is a potential health/life threat to others. his driving while under the influence is a very real threat to the rights of others. is your brain even semi functional?
read this slowly so you can finally understand :
everything... has... restrictions...for...a...reaso n....and...the... reason...is...the...potential. ..adverse...impact....on...the ...rights of others.
just whose rights are being protected when we restrict abortions post viability?
post viability it is still the woman's pregnancy, it is still her body, it is still her private medical decision and the fetus she carries is still a parasite with no rights at all.
so I ask you again --- why should a woman be restricted to "any" window in order to exercise her right to a make a private medical decision?
Hey calm down...did I write these laws? Where did it become a crime to have an opinion? I gave you my opinion and here you are still whining and bitching.

I said a long time ago, more than once, that I would not choose to get an abortion myself. I don't find abortion a wonderful thing, but it is an option for those who want it. Like I told Sassy once before: if I said I was against any restrictions you'd be screaming bloody murder over that, and here I say that I'm "fine" with the restrictions in place you bitch about that too. The only thing you want to hear is that I agree totally and 100% with *worships stupidity* and proclaim that abortion should be totally illegal. Well, I don't think it should be illegal, but restrictions on late-term abortions do not bother me either. Apparently that makes you shit your pants, and that's at least amusing.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295205 May 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I had very very little to do with my salvation. All I did was surrender to what God wanted me to do that night. He was tightening up the "screws" and I was trying to bargain with Him. He don't bargain! When I finaly said ok God, but You're going to have to help me. I believe that was the momment I was saved "Justified", now as far as how I live, act, think, it is up to how much I feed my new spirit "man", which is called sanctification. Many many many Christians try and make the two words the same, and they try and say one must live up to a certain snctification in order to have justification, and each denomination has their own little or big "list" of things one must do. The thing is the leaders themselves will not and cannot live up to the very standards they try and put on the backs of the people.
I am Justified by Christ, sanctified by the renewing of my mind by His word.
Either one MUST not just be a head knowledge, but a heart knowledge.
Some of the largest denominations that claim to be christian, although they have many christians within them, they are anything but a christian denomination.
Faith not works...good way of putting it..Rituals are nice and may give comfort..but in the end each of us is on his own with God
worships reality

United States

#295206 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
But you did answer. Again and again and again. For over a year and into a second. Now he's calling me a liar because you claim you refuse to answer.
It's ridiculous!
no she did not answer. and she said she never would. are you calling her a liar now?

did you take that nap I recommended?
worships reality

United States

#295207 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no way of knowing that. only thing we do know for certain is that he was not proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
how dare you make a definitive statement you have no idea is true?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295208 May 8, 2013
Mason ws cancelled in the 60's. The 70's were Rumpole at the Bailey, Owen Marshall, Paper Chase, Petrocelli, etc. It was mostly sitcoms, otherwise.
rosesz wrote:
The 70's...sorry..There was no law stuff on Tv except maybe Perry Mason..

Indianapolis

#295210 May 8, 2013
The problem with teaching faith as fact is that every faith--christian, judaic, satanist, snake handler, hindu, muslim, etc--all have the same problem: none of them have the slightest bit of evidence. Intelligent design is not based on science, but on wishful thinking. Teach it in a religion class, not a science class.

Evolution didn't come out of nowhere; it's based on physical evidence--fossils, direct observation, DNA, etc. Nobody has proven darwin wrong; they have added or revised his theory--that's what science does.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
FAITH is believing in the unseen. For sure...But We can see evidence for God in every part of life if we believe.
And the intricasies found in nature logically seem to me easier to give credit to God for than a series of random events..big bangs or whatever theory is current..If I am not mistaken. Even some current theories disprove Darwin..
Since I don't believe in evolution between sprcies anyway. IT matter little to me. BUT I wonder why we teach it to our kids..IT CANNOT BE PROVEN EITHER.. why not teach Intelligent Design along with it..
Of course anyone is free to believe or not.

Indianapolis

#295211 May 8, 2013
Nope. He was not found guilty of anything, then he did nothing wrong. Innocent until proven guuilty, remember?
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you have no way of knowing that. only thing we do know for certain is that he was not proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
how dare you make a definitive statement you have no idea is true?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295212 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Mason ws cancelled in the 60's. The 70's were Rumpole at the Bailey, Owen Marshall, Paper Chase, Petrocelli, etc. It was mostly sitcoms, otherwise.
<quoted text>
But Perry came back. Lol..Rumpholee..missed that one

Seriously no one not involved had yhr general knowledge about court cases and especially not the clients besides what the lawyer told them.

The judge shows when they fend showed instant resolution..And Then Came.and court Tv and 24hour cable.. but in the 70s...nothing but the lawyers and whatever court she went to..
SHE was still hoping fir one when they lost the first round..
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295213 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The problem with teaching faith as fact is that every faith--christian, judaic, satanist, snake handler, hindu, muslim, etc--all have the same problem: none of them have the slightest bit of evidence. Intelligent design is not based on science, but on wishful thinking. Teach it in a religion class, not a science class.
Evolution didn't come out of nowhere; it's based on physical evidence--fossils, direct observation, DNA, etc. Nobody has proven darwin wrong; they have added or revised his theory--that's what science does.
<quoted text>
BUT WHY NOT sn intelligent designer who put things into motion..outside of religion..it is easier then believing in ..it just started..that takes faith in maybe there was a bang and something came from nothing..
I have been taught about God since childhood and it makes sense

BUT even in uncivklized cultures of the past..The worshipped od acknowledged SOND BEING greater than they were..They ones man was big ghd source..Something naturally within us leads us to acknowledge s xresfir..we on our infinite knowledge in the past century continue to Deng its (his) existence.
They thought Sun of moon or whatever..SCieNCE did not create anything..but it Was created
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295214 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
And about evolution..we can tell that within our species things have changed. But man dud bog come from monkeys of fish ir some ooze..There is no proof that he did even in science.
Some species have similar traits. And people may have less teeth of grow taller.etc..Bug there is no missing link to non humans..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#295215 May 8, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still an azzclown vile pagan.
What a WONDERFUL example of Xianity you are.

**cough**

Fkn freak.

Location hidden

#295216 May 8, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Foo hates God.
ROFLMAO No Knutbar, I dont. I love G-d with all my heart. Your jebus however is NOT my G-d. He's NOTHING to me. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Zip. WHat part of that do you not grasp?

Location hidden

#295217 May 8, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Even according to this less then flattering article she seemed to think she could get one. She was young. They were lawyers "looking for a plaintiff"
Its never flattering when the truth is told on issues like this. In THIS case, she didn't want the pregnancy to continue, that's on HER, not on anyone else. She could have said no at any time, it was a CLASS ACTION lawsuit, her backing out wouldn't have made ANY difference. They chose the name "Jane Roe" for the reason of anonymity - so its not like she even HAD a real face in this case until she outed herself (for money) YEARS later.

Location hidden

#295218 May 8, 2013
<quoted text>
And it was illegal. So what more is there to say?
LMN, Dr Tiller the doctor that was murdered by a PL Xian (not unlike Knutter or Tomtom) in church, did NOT do illegal abortions.

Location hidden

#295219 May 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you trying to say here?
I should have read ahead. GTMA! I think LNM was talking about Gosnell however.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min thetruth 233,075
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min flack 1,155,815
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 3 hr best bet 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr Earthling-1 2,738
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin For Life 28,455
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 17 hr ivyawe 1
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 22 hr Bently 201,187
More from around the web