Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,127
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295157 May 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Forty years is plenty of time to turn your life around and do right by others. She left her lover after her lover's stroke.
All that reminds me of is the politician who impregnated his lover and left his wealthy wife to battle cancer on her own.
People who go where the money is for no other reason than for the money don't deserve my empathy, not under those circumstances. My empathy, my prerogative.
True

And my empathy mine..It seems her lover. Or whoever was not averse to airing lŠundry either.
Sounds like life wasn't all that loving for either of them..
And I feel worry for her also..

For them both. and have to say for all the unborn since the lawyers found ROE and used her situation for a cause.

Is she a hero..probably not..but a victim. Yes..and people who carry burdens for a long time rarely do it well..Sounds like. And only from that reporter but if true..she was pushed into a point in history because she was desperate for help..She then was on the spotlight..I am nit sure if was just money..We can not know till we walk a mile..but no ind can ever walk that particular mile again.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295158 May 7, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, however if you dont leave out part, she didn't have dementia at the time the interview was given.
<quoted text>
Get real rose, by her OWN admission, she didn't care. It was all a lie anyway. She lied for YEARS about being raped. She used them as well. Hell, she didn't switch sides until the money ran out for her to be 'pro-choice', and the other side started paying her.
<quoted text>
See, that's the thing, I dont believe she regrets it at all. SHe's a money hungry nothing who will bend to whomever will pay her the most. She woudln't even speak to the interviewer if they didn't pay her $1000.00 after all, and there's reports of that same mentality throughout her life.
That said, I dont disagree with you that people can change their minds. But Norma is a piss poor role model OR icon for EITHER side of this debate, hence why nobody bothers to use her much anymore. Both sides know she's in it for the money and that's about it. She's got no credibility to anyone BUT the extremists who only preach to the converted.
Oh I definitely DONt see her as a role model..as I said I pray she is sincere on finding Christ. BUTonly they know..and I said in another post she used them too..bug Btu used hrs fir whet they could...
If I was her I would be on the funny farm..Confused and maybe venal. But very sad ..Imo
And the mom..in a lucid moment in her dementia or not is still a piece of work..IMHO
Katie

Auburn, WA

#295159 May 7, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
True
And my empathy mine..It seems her lover. Or whoever was not averse to airing lŠundry either.
Sounds like life wasn't all that loving for either of them..
And I feel worry for her also..
For them both. and have to say for all the unborn since the lawyers found ROE and used her situation for a cause.
Is she a hero..probably not..but a victim. Yes..and people who carry burdens for a long time rarely do it well..Sounds like. And only from that reporter but if true..she was pushed into a point in history because she was desperate for help..She then was on the spotlight..I am nit sure if was just money..We can not know till we walk a mile..but no ind can ever walk that particular mile again.
Greed. One of the seven deadly sins.

Pray for her all you want. But in my opinion, when you're 65 years old and trying to blame choices you make today on something that happened 40-60 years ago, it's time to grow up. I have walked miles in several different shoes. I have a damn good perspective based on experience of what life can offer when you least expect it or aren't prepared for it.

I've made stupid decisions and bad choices. Who hasn't? But you don't see me blaming the crap in my childhood for decisions I make today. The closest to that is knowing how I don't want to act.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295160 May 7, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Greed. One of the seven deadly sins.
Pray for her all you want. But in my opinion, when you're 65 years old and trying to blame choices you make today on something that happened 40-60 years ago, it's time to grow up. I have walked miles in several different shoes. I have a damn good perspective based on experience of what life can offer when you least expect it or aren't prepared for it.
I've made stupid decisions and bad choices. Who hasn't? But you don't see me blaming the crap in my childhood for decisions I make today. The closest to that is knowing how I don't want to act.
KAtie...
It is nh opinions she was used. Knave no idea if she blames them or not..I said it would be hard living with guilt she may feel got being s part of it..which implies she does feel responsible..If dud has truly repented and come to Christ responsibility is a big part of that..
when uoh reach you'd sixties. ALL of hour mistakes see much larger..Trust me on that.

And she has a pivotal part..along with those lawyers. She was still asking if she could get her abortion when it went yo appeal..And again. Back then the pill was only coming into use...It was a whole different world..So if at the end years if her life she does have regrets tod all the abortions and all the turmoil..I hope she finds forgiveness..
Obviously if the article is true she made some of her living from the causes..But if she had stayed working in abortion clinics..I don t think that article would have been written.imo
SHe SHOUlD have talked yo that author because then he would have her side.

But i still feel sorry for her..the young girl and the old woman.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295161 May 7, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
How about that we are not made from "dust"?
How about that we are "created" by our mothers and fathers (as opposed to being created by god"?
I'm sure there is a litany of other things.
Never mind that most religions make unprovable claims.
Cosmic dust, star dust was brought together to form the earth and inevitably, man. You are still an azzclown vile pagan.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295162 May 7, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>They were wrong for breaking PA abortion laws Ink, they can't be wrong for aborting for the reasons they did.
Wow! You support this madness. You are one sick pagan.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295163 May 7, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Honey, I know a lot of guys who give FREE butt injections, and they don't use chemicals.
<quoted text>
I bet you do Vladdy, you old but pirate you. "All aboard me mate's"
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295164 May 7, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I "believe" in abortion in the same way I "believe" in this chair I'm sitting in. They both exist.
If you're trying to say I approve of it, you're doing it wrong. And you're lying by pretending to know what I think. My personal feelings are irrelevant.
Your melodramatic lies have no bearing on my reality, and they say far more about you than they do about me.
You're a hatefilled, lying, sack of sh*t.
Wow, after reading all that gibberish, all I have to say is, Please pass the joint, bitter.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295165 May 7, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let me ask you this first...what were their reasons for getting LTAs? Why did they wait so long?
What do you care since all of you "prochoice" proabortion pagans, believe a woman can kill the unborn child up until the child takes its first breath. Why are you walking on her right to "her body, her choice"?

You guys make no sense and that is at the crux of the so-called "prochoice but against abortion" nonsense. Prochoice is proabortion, no matter how you try and pretend it isn't.

You know it but hate the fact that it is the truth.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#295166 May 7, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
MANY people HAVE dropped the religion and ARE children of G-d. And the FACT is your jebus has NOTHING to do with that.
Yet you feel the need to mock Jesus Christ, once again proving you are just another anti-Christian proabortion pagan. You drip with hate and envy. You hate Jesus because you cannot bring yourself to ask for forgiveness for your sins.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#295167 May 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think they should be prosecuted for breaking the law and putting their children in danger of being killed. Do you think they are responsible for the deaths of their babies?
Not at all. There is nothing criminal about being poor. They were victims of circumstance first and I'm just not going to judge them for that. It's not my place.

Location hidden

#295168 May 8, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY..maybe the food is good that the jurors get????.only reason I can figure they are still out
But then I thought OJ. and that Anthony woman were guilty..So whet do I know
Not guilty doesn't mean they didn't do it. Not guilty means the prosecutor couldn't convince the jurors beyond a shadow of a doubt they did do it. This just goes to show the difference in how race and wealth play into it. Had Casey been a poor black woman she would have been convicted, had O.J been a poor black man, he would have been convicted.

Location hidden

#295169 May 8, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we done know the reasons..some may have had health reasons but others may just have waited too long..
I am not tor either but it does make a difference.
From a woman's view only ..isn't it easier on her body in the first trimester..
And the ones where this creep just inducrd delivery. And then spit their backs. Were obviously very close yo term
According. To testimony given
.he had been sued for mutilating women. SO he decided to skip the abortion step..deliver and slice!!!
Absolutely much safer to terminate in the first trimester. Why they didn't, we may never know until some of these women can work up the courage to confront society and the government about restrictive laws and non funding for the poor. You're exactly right, Gosnell had several lawsuits pending, a rich white woman isn't going to Gosnell for an abortion.

“Just my opinion”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#295170 May 8, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>With that particular pregnancy, no. She did not.
However, she did have previous ones...illegally.
And I'm sorry, but I don't see Norma McCorvey as anything but an opportunist. She may have been the plaintiff in a pivotal case concerning a woman's privacy, and whether or not she has the responsibility for her own medical choices - but she has since become an advocate against the rights she succeeded in getting recognized, being exercised by anyone else.
I call that intensely hypocritical, yes.
Exactly, I wonder how much the scumbag, leech , no tax churches paid her to change her mind.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#295171 May 8, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, I wonder how much the scumbag, leech , no tax churches paid her to change her mind.
Enough....

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#295172 May 8, 2013
As far as casey anthony goes, the DA screwed up their case so badly that jack the ripper would've walked. But that's what happens when the DA bows to public pressure for a quick trial rather than taking time to properly vet everything. The same people screaming for her head are why she's a free woman.
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Not guilty doesn't mean they didn't do it. Not guilty means the prosecutor couldn't convince the jurors beyond a shadow of a doubt they did do it. This just goes to show the difference in how race and wealth play into it. Had Casey been a poor black woman she would have been convicted, had O.J been a poor black man, he would have been convicted.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295174 May 8, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Not guilty doesn't mean they didn't do it. Not guilty means the prosecutor couldn't convince the jurors beyond a shadow of a doubt they did do it. This just goes to show the difference in how race and wealth play into it. Had Casey been a poor black woman she would have been convicted, had O.J been a poor black man, he would have been convicted.
I am sure that their defense team had a lot to do with it..I just hope this jury doesn't believe his lawyer
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295175 May 8, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Absolutely much safer to terminate in the first trimester. Why they didn't, we may never know until some of these women can work up the courage to confront society and the government about restrictive laws and non funding for the poor. You're exactly right, Gosnell had several lawsuits pending, a rich white woman isn't going to Gosnell for an abortion.
Monro more reason why his defense is insulting to society..Black man helping poor minorities being persecuted..
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295176 May 8, 2013
tampabayallstar wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, I wonder how much the scumbag, leech , no tax churches paid her to change her mind.
And her conversion. If it happened as she says will ultimately be between her and God..

I guess maybe I can imagine it happening better than you can..
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#295177 May 8, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
As far as casey anthony goes, the DA screwed up their case so badly that jack the ripper would've walked. But that's what happens when the DA bows to public pressure for a quick trial rather than taking time to properly vet everything. The same people screaming for her head are why she's a free woman.
<quoted text>
Yeah publicity on everything has changed society for sure..
Maybe its be pause of the 24 hour news cycles looking for something..
stuff on a lot of things gets into the public eye. But the press seems to pick and choose also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min shinningelectr0n 1,156,615
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 50 min Morse 233,227
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 28,510
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr IBdaMann 2,745
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Sat yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web