Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,852)

Showing posts 277,021 - 277,040 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

"Grossly deformed" refers to defects that seriously compromise the health and/or abilities of a fetus and, IF they survive to be born, will cause the child to either die or live a miserable life. For many people contemplating having a child, bringing one into the world only for it to suffer and/or die is as evil as you consider abortion to be. Quality of life should be at LEAST as important as the presence of life.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we don't need any gross deformed babies in this world, and with any luck we can weed it down to just blue eyed blonds.
Stand for human rights, but not for the right to be a human.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Women with no jobs don't get tax refunds...they get tax credits. Everyone has to file - but if you have no income, and you have no tax liability, but you have the tax credits for having had six kids, then (evidently) the govt. owes YOU money at the end of the year...
And here's the thing: if we're going to insist that every pregnancy come to a natural end, are we going to support the results when the parents cannot?? Because if we're going to gripe about paying for social programs, we need to eliminate the need for them first.
At least that's the way I see it.
I get that..think the whole system is nuts..But still in the personal responsibility Dept..men and women. CONTRACEPTION..
its like if you get pregnant ..either the gov gives you money or you do away with it.
I really cannot get over this. THE Bc pill came along near the time of Roe!!!
WE HAD NOTHING AND NO KNOWLEDGE.

EVEN granting high numbers..if they are. To Bc failure..it still makes no sense ghat the abortion rate is so high..and the rate of children the government has to support. But that is a whole other subject..
At one time I had to work 3 jobs..the gov didn't even give tax credit for child care.
Let alone just for having kids..

I know its hard to think of living with no options or knowledge of BC..I font know the figures. Bug unplanned pregnancies were not as common.and a lot of people saw marriage as the answer..etc.
I KNOW it is just me on this bug I don't get the attitudes that is reflected by the high abortion numbers with all the tools and knowledge available!!
I mean I didn't know what an ovary was..or a cycle..once a month Gog period. If no period you were pregnant...that's it
SORRY to repeat this so often. Bug I dont get it at all!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds good to me too. And then they can each take a little thimble full of my ashes and scatter them wherever they want.... I want to be in as many different locations as possible.
:)
That's a good idea.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they specialize in cremations and I think they can do or help with spreading ashes at sea.. the police officer who came when my mom was found had ti send her to the county since I had no plans. He gave Me their name and number. WOund up having mom laid out there too thanks to her brothers fit. Plan was just cremated.Bug they had a room for wakes. Thing is they are not fancy.. mostly cremating. Had father in law..he died and they just picked him up and gave us ashes..hubby and his brother were going to take him out to the Everglades where he liked to fish..Still waiting on that..
They were much less expensive than funeral home since they focus on cremation. And I think they have something like franchises all over..They also sell preneed..
That's actually good to know.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neptunesociety.com
Looks like they are in Fla. And other places..Says memorial reef. So they have a special place for at sea dispersals. Looks like.
No Ida what they use in Arizona. But they have them there too. And in Calif..
Do you know if they're around New England?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know if they're around New England?
Can you get up that site..neptunesociety.com? A friend of mine got a prepaid deal and I think there was reciprocity ..maybe with other States if he moved someplace that didn't have one..

If you look it up they may have a contact email or phone fir your area. If you cant find it. I can look it up for you ..ilk only looked at a couple:)
THEY were very good to us both times..Took my father in law from hospice..and at the time very reasonable
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
As I've noted before, something else is at play here, some form of mental illness. Doctors trying to get away with malpractice try to cover their tracks he didn't. It can't just be greed, because he was already well-off. It might have something to do with misogyny, but that's a little too simple.
He may turn out to have his very own complex.
<quoted text>

.Seriuosly agree. Hate to even imagine why he kept all those remains..and no idea why that jury is still out!!!!
Talk about gruesome trophies
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I get that..think the whole system is nuts..But still in the personal responsibility Dept..men and women. CONTRACEPTION..
its like if you get pregnant ..either the gov gives you money or you do away with it.
I really cannot get over this. THE Bc pill came along near the time of Roe!!!
WE HAD NOTHING AND NO KNOWLEDGE.
EVEN granting high numbers..if they are. To Bc failure..it still makes no sense ghat the abortion rate is so high..and the rate of children the government has to support. But that is a whole other subject..
At one time I had to work 3 jobs..the gov didn't even give tax credit for child care.
Let alone just for having kids..
I know its hard to think of living with no options or knowledge of BC..I font know the figures. Bug unplanned pregnancies were not as common.and a lot of people saw marriage as the answer..etc.
I KNOW it is just me on this bug I don't get the attitudes that is reflected by the high abortion numbers with all the tools and knowledge available!!
I mean I didn't know what an ovary was..or a cycle..once a month Gog period. If no period you were pregnant...that's it
SORRY to repeat this so often. Bug I dont get it at all!!!
So actually, you are not pro life at all. Its not hard to think of living without the option to kill your unborn or to use artificial contraception which invites pre marital sex and cheating on your husband and is also an abortifacient. Follow and trust in Jesus. I just read somewhere where lukewarm Christions cause the most damage, sounds like you.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we don't need any gross deformed babies in this world, and with any luck we can weed it down to just blue eyed blonds.
Stand for human rights, but not for the right to be a human.
Grumps sounds just like a nazi. Seriously, he or she does. Nine out of ten babies with Downs syndrome are aborted now. Ole Hitler is laughing from Hell and saying their doing what I did, imagine that...
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
"Grossly deformed" refers to defects that seriously compromise the health and/or abilities of a fetus and, IF they survive to be born, will cause the child to either die or live a miserable life. For many people contemplating having a child, bringing one into the world only for it to suffer and/or die is as evil as you consider abortion to be. Quality of life should be at LEAST as important as the presence of life.
<quoted text>
Yet that child has a purpose in life and is as important as you. That child has a soul is human and needs to be treated as such.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Be the change you want to see in the world. Teach your kids about sex, and keep your family together by being a good husband and a good dad.
Grow your own chickens, sans hormones, pesticides, and cages.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility??
Or does that only apply to everyone else??
No you're correct, and with Gods help -I'll finish strong :)
I pray for my daughters future husband now. I pray he's nothing like me.

I have a different outlook on this world, since the night I was saved. I see it getting worse and worse, and us having to do the best we can, with what we have.

I'm glad this worlds not my home.

I'm just killing time on the way to the house.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and if I knew how, all babies would be born perfect. Do you realize what your last statement says?

How many "which cost us bunches " in the nursing homes should be put to sleep?

We are headed that way, and it is a slippery slope when "we" choose who has "quality" of life and who should live and who should not. This choice has already been given to pregnant women.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>So actually, you are not pro life at all. Its not hard to think of living without the option to kill your unborn or to use artificial contraception which invites pre marital sex and cheating on your husband and is also an abortifacient. Follow and trust in Jesus. I just read somewhere where lukewarm Christions cause the most damage, sounds like you.
Ughhhhhh. If I take a pill which prevents me from ovulating..there is no abortion. If my partner wears a condominium and no spermatozoa gets to my egg. There id no abortion.If either of us gets a vasectomy or tied tubes..there is no abortion..on some of Ours of today..not sure if they are abortifscient..bug anything that prevents the joining of an egg and spermatozoa is NOT ABORTIFACIENT ..
Now of course abstaining would prevent pregnancy..but some of us are not perfect. And this discussion is about the real world..unfortunate as that may be....so if an imperfect person is going to have sex with or without marriage..preventing PREGNANCY will preclude compounding their imperfection by abortion !!!!!!

As for me I am imperfect for sure. I consider myself proliferate..I am against abortion on demand.
sorry if this does not meet your standards ..but prevention DOES preclude the ending of unborn life. As to my Christianity..that is between me and my Lord...

We will all meet Him face to face sooner or later. Peace
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Lolol

I am prolife hog proliferate. Gotta love Madams Kindle
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ughhhhhh. If I take a pill which prevents me from ovulating..there is no abortion. If my partner wears a condominium and no spermatozoa gets to my egg. There id no abortion.If either of us gets a vasectomy or tied tubes..there is no abortion..on some of Ours of today..not sure if they are abortifscient..bug anything that prevents the joining of an egg and spermatozoa is NOT ABORTIFACIENT ..
Now of course abstaining would prevent pregnancy..but some of us are not perfect. And this discussion is about the real world..unfortunate as that may be....so if an imperfect person is going to have sex with or without marriage..preventing PREGNANCY will preclude compounding their imperfection by abortion !!!!!!
As for me I am imperfect for sure. I consider myself proliferate..I am against abortion on demand.
sorry if this does not meet your standards ..but prevention DOES preclude the ending of unborn life. As to my Christianity..that is between me and my Lord...
We will all meet Him face to face sooner or later. Peace
You are a lukewarm Christian, artificial birth control like the pill is and always has been an abortifacient. You are not pro life, you won't post how wrong abortion is. I live in the real world, I post that abortion is very wrong no matter what because abortion destroys what God gave us. It destroys the Image and likeness of God. there is nothing, i mean nothing wrong with stating opinions on how abortion is wrong. You hem and haw about it worried you are going to ruffle feathers. We have to ruffle feathers because these pro aborts need to repent or they won't go to Heaven, we have to pray, pray ,pray and do penance or these people will be lost forever. Telling someone that they are sinning,doing evil and that God forgives is not judging, its trying to save them. You chuckle and agree with the people who are posting about who should be born. How sick is that? You won't stand up for your belief in Christ and you won't tell these people that they have very evil views. christ would mingle with sinners, very big sinners these people gave up their evil ways. Christ said t these people not to sin anymore, you on the other hand , joke with these pro aborts, big difference. We are all sinners, but we don't want to stagnate , we want to better our lives, you on the other hand are content in being and committing sin.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
Lolol
I am prolife hog proliferate. Gotta love Madams Kindle
She's in fine fettle today.

Meant to add, to my last post, that I'm well, and hope that you are also.

You sound good...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You are a lukewarm Christian, artificial birth control like the pill is and always has been an abortifacient. You are not pro life, you won't post how wrong abortion is. I live in the real world, I post that abortion is very wrong no matter what because abortion destroys what God gave us. It destroys the Image and likeness of God. there is nothing, i mean nothing wrong with stating opinions on how abortion is wrong. You hem and haw about it worried you are going to ruffle feathers. We have to ruffle feathers because these pro aborts need to repent or they won't go to Heaven, we have to pray, pray ,pray and do penance or these people will be lost forever. Telling someone that they are sinning,doing evil and that God forgives is not judging, its trying to save them. You chuckle and agree with the people who are posting about who should be born. How sick is that? You won't stand up for your belief in Christ and you won't tell these people that they have very evil views. christ would mingle with sinners, very big sinners these people gave up their evil ways. Christ said t these people not to sin anymore, you on the other hand , joke with these pro aborts, big difference. We are all sinners, but we don't want to stagnate , we want to better our lives, you on the other hand are content in being and committing sin.
Birth control pills are not abortifacients, they prevent pregnancy, not end it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>You are a lukewarm Christian, artificial birth control like the pill is and always has been an abortifacient. You are not pro life, you won't post how wrong abortion is. I live in the real world, I post that abortion is very wrong no matter what because abortion destroys what God gave us. It destroys the Image and likeness of God. there is nothing, i mean nothing wrong with stating opinions on how abortion is wrong. You hem and haw about it worried you are going to ruffle feathers. We have to ruffle feathers because these pro aborts need to repent or they won't go to Heaven, we have to pray, pray ,pray and do penance or these people will be lost forever. Telling someone that they are sinning,doing evil and that God forgives is not judging, its trying to save them. You chuckle and agree with the people who are posting about who should be born. How sick is that? You won't stand up for your belief in Christ and you won't tell these people that they have very evil views. christ would mingle with sinners, very big sinners these people gave up their evil ways. Christ said t these people not to sin anymore, you on the other hand , joke with these pro aborts, big difference. We are all sinners, but we don't want to stagnate , we want to better our lives, you on the other hand are content in being and committing sin.
This is satire, right?

I mean seriously: No one could be as obtuse as your post indicates of you, could they???

Rose is much closer to God than you are - and evidently, it really bugs you bad, man.

Get your life right - if you want a 'closer walk', you need to stop trying to do God's job.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
Perhaps it's you with the wrong views that don't match up with what's written in the bible. Perhaps, when you meet your maker, you will realize it. It'll be much too late, though.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Elle girl wrote:
<quoted text>My mom was killed in a vehicle accident. I find myself at that spot more then her resting place at the cemetery because it's where her final moments of -life- where. You are very insensitive with your rude comments. My cross for her mark the spot as well as give me a deep peaceful reminder that she is with my Lord aho now she lives with for eternity. My tears are for missing her but my smile is for the love that she gave. I will meet her again in heaven where we will be forever. I wish people like you would stop being so self absorbed and mean. Why the need to mock my religion? You have alot of growing to do.
Elle, I'd like to offer condolences on your loss, and commend you for expressing your feelings for her, in the way that is most helpful to you. It sounds like you loved your mom a lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 277,021 - 277,040 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min John Galt 1,071,764
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- 1 hr Sophia 7
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr CunningLinguist 223,061
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,611
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••