Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,554
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294863 May 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a Neptune Society?
I want people to laugh and tell funny stories about me and imitate me saying the things I always say, etc.
That sounds good to me too. And then they can each take a little thimble full of my ashes and scatter them wherever they want.... I want to be in as many different locations as possible.
:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294864 May 5, 2013
The props budget is gonna be a bitch!
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>He's a sick, sick criminal. How long do you think it will be before a movie is made about him? You know they will:-\

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#294865 May 5, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>They do the cross thing here too. I've never asked the meaning of it, but have often wondered if it's not a "reminder" that tells other drivers to drive safely. The last thing I would do is physically put up a memorial on the side of the road to remind me of the accident that killed my loved one.
Me, I want my funeral short and sweet. I don't even no want to drag it out for the normal two days. Closed casket, dress me in a nice night gown, friends and family visitation from 12-3, no preaching over me, put me in the ground the same day. I've only had to actively help plan a funeral twice in my lifetime and it's just too damned exhausting on top of grieving. "Get her done."
This year I'm going to plan and prepay for my body's disposal. I don't care if my family has a service or not. I have made it clear to my brothers, my son and my ex-husband that I don't want a funeral or formal service. They love me and I love them and we know it. That's enough.

Atrisco Village

#294866 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Italians about 50 years ago..See my post. Like the woman with her baby. In coffin..sorry bug way too much for me.
I live in a Hispanic and Mexican community. I used to work in a photo lab and now in longterm care/hospice. I have learned to be very flexible and open in the cultural practices of whomever I encounter. I just go with the flow.

Atrisco Village

#294867 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, art ain't cheap, baby.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294868 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
I want people to laugh and tell funny stories about me and imitate me saying the things I always say, etc.
Well they specialize in cremations and I think they can do or help with spreading ashes at sea.. the police officer who came when my mom was found had ti send her to the county since I had no plans. He gave Me their name and number. WOund up having mom laid out there too thanks to her brothers fit. Plan was just cremated.Bug they had a room for wakes. Thing is they are not fancy.. mostly cremating. Had father in law..he died and they just picked him up and gave us ashes..hubby and his brother were going to take him out to the Everglades where he liked to fish..Still waiting on that..
They were much less expensive than funeral home since they focus on cremation. And I think they have something like franchises all over..They also sell preneed..
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294869 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
EWW. Did you see Eng of the pictures of what they found all over the place. THEman was worse than Hannibal..and they keep saying he is only prosecuted for being black and treating poor women..
He was charging some more for different levels of anesthesia..Real humanitarian..unless they were far along ..then he overdosed them so they wouldn't scream..
Gtown71

United States

#294871 May 5, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But what if a wanted pregnancy became unwanted during a pregnancy because the mother contracted a disease which was going to result in a grossly deformed baby?
I agree, we don't need any gross deformed babies in this world, and with any luck we can weed it down to just blue eyed blonds.

Stand for human rights, but not for the right to be a human.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294872 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Neptunesociety.com
Looks like they are in Fla. And other places..Says memorial reef. So they have a special place for at sea dispersals. Looks like.
No Ida what they use in Arizona. But they have them there too. And in Calif..
Gtown71

United States

#294873 May 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It has to do with the age of menarche often being 9 or 10 years old, much younger than even MY generation. Their hormones trigger responses nobody has prepared them for.
<quoted text>
I can agree with that.
Notice how big the chicken split breast are in the store? They were in an egg, just 45 days earlier.. it would amaze many how many hormones are being pumped into our food supply, to make it grow fast and big.

Take that with no one properly teaching kids about sex, and the family unit being torn all to pieces, it leaves a many kids looking for love in the bsckseat of a car, that they needed while growing up.:(

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294874 May 5, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with that.
Notice how big the chicken split breast are in the store? They were in an egg, just 45 days earlier.. it would amaze many how many hormones are being pumped into our food supply, to make it grow fast and big.
Take that with no one properly teaching kids about sex, and the family unit being torn all to pieces, it leaves a many kids looking for love in the bsckseat of a car, that they needed while growing up.:(
Be the change you want to see in the world. Teach your kids about sex, and keep your family together by being a good husband and a good dad.
Grow your own chickens, sans hormones, pesticides, and cages.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility??

Or does that only apply to everyone else??
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294875 May 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Be the change you want to see in the world. Teach your kids about sex, and keep your family together by being a good husband and a good dad.
Grow your own chickens, sans hormones, pesticides, and cages.
Whatever happened to personal responsibility??
Or does that only apply to everyone else??
Well hopefully one teaches ones kids that first!!! PERSONSL RESPONSIBILTY..
BUT I watch the judge shows. The real ones..also when young people are interviewed...maybe they just pick out examples.. But the responsibility ethic. Seems to be missing.
Someone loans you a car. Or money..well the person who loanedig doesn't need the money or a whole car so I dont owe it
And the number of people on disability..who appear to be a lot healthier than I am..
Judy catches them up sometimes..lol

Like the guy with bad back who moves furniture..
But seriously it is the answers from the younger ones that bother me the most..is no one teaching them anything..even young people talking on the news..Its scary.
not all by any means but enough to make one worried on the generations that follow.
And how to the women with no jobs get thousands of dollars in tax REFUNDS. DON'T you have to overlay to get a refund. STRANGE AMD we wonder why the Fed is in deficit

I heard that about the chickens..and cows. Something about hormones in milk??

AND HI LOL.HOW is your day

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294876 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well hopefully one teaches ones kids that first!!! PERSONSL RESPONSIBILTY..
BUT I watch the judge shows. The real ones..also when young people are interviewed...maybe they just pick out examples.. But the responsibility ethic. Seems to be missing.
Someone loans you a car. Or money..well the person who loanedig doesn't need the money or a whole car so I dont owe it
And the number of people on disability..who appear to be a lot healthier than I am..
Judy catches them up sometimes..lol
Like the guy with bad back who moves furniture..
But seriously it is the answers from the younger ones that bother me the most..is no one teaching them anything..even young people talking on the news..Its scary.
not all by any means but enough to make one worried on the generations that follow.
And how to the women with no jobs get thousands of dollars in tax REFUNDS. DON'T you have to overlay to get a refund. STRANGE AMD we wonder why the Fed is in deficit
I heard that about the chickens..and cows. Something about hormones in milk??
AND HI LOL.HOW is your day
Women with no jobs don't get tax refunds...they get tax credits. Everyone has to file - but if you have no income, and you have no tax liability, but you have the tax credits for having had six kids, then (evidently) the govt. owes YOU money at the end of the year...

And here's the thing: if we're going to insist that every pregnancy come to a natural end, are we going to support the results when the parents cannot?? Because if we're going to gripe about paying for social programs, we need to eliminate the need for them first.

At least that's the way I see it.

Indianapolis

#294877 May 5, 2013
As I've noted before, something else is at play here, some form of mental illness. Doctors trying to get away with malpractice try to cover their tracks he didn't. It can't just be greed, because he was already well-off. It might have something to do with misogyny, but that's a little too simple.

He may turn out to have his very own complex.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
EWW. Did you see Eng of the pictures of what they found all over the place. THEman was worse than Hannibal..and they keep saying he is only prosecuted for being black and treating poor women..
He was charging some more for different levels of anesthesia..Real humanitarian..unless they were far along ..then he overdosed them so they wouldn't scream..

Indianapolis

#294878 May 5, 2013
"Grossly deformed" refers to defects that seriously compromise the health and/or abilities of a fetus and, IF they survive to be born, will cause the child to either die or live a miserable life. For many people contemplating having a child, bringing one into the world only for it to suffer and/or die is as evil as you consider abortion to be. Quality of life should be at LEAST as important as the presence of life.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, we don't need any gross deformed babies in this world, and with any luck we can weed it down to just blue eyed blonds.
Stand for human rights, but not for the right to be a human.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294879 May 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Women with no jobs don't get tax refunds...they get tax credits. Everyone has to file - but if you have no income, and you have no tax liability, but you have the tax credits for having had six kids, then (evidently) the govt. owes YOU money at the end of the year...
And here's the thing: if we're going to insist that every pregnancy come to a natural end, are we going to support the results when the parents cannot?? Because if we're going to gripe about paying for social programs, we need to eliminate the need for them first.
At least that's the way I see it.
I get that..think the whole system is nuts..But still in the personal responsibility Dept..men and women. CONTRACEPTION..
its like if you get pregnant ..either the gov gives you money or you do away with it.
I really cannot get over this. THE Bc pill came along near the time of Roe!!!
WE HAD NOTHING AND NO KNOWLEDGE.

EVEN granting high numbers..if they are. To Bc failure..it still makes no sense ghat the abortion rate is so high..and the rate of children the government has to support. But that is a whole other subject..
At one time I had to work 3 jobs..the gov didn't even give tax credit for child care.
Let alone just for having kids..

I know its hard to think of living with no options or knowledge of BC..I font know the figures. Bug unplanned pregnancies were not as common.and a lot of people saw marriage as the answer..etc.
I KNOW it is just me on this bug I don't get the attitudes that is reflected by the high abortion numbers with all the tools and knowledge available!!
I mean I didn't know what an ovary was..or a cycle..once a month Gog period. If no period you were pregnant...that's it
SORRY to repeat this so often. Bug I dont get it at all!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294880 May 5, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>That sounds good to me too. And then they can each take a little thimble full of my ashes and scatter them wherever they want.... I want to be in as many different locations as possible.
:)
That's a good idea.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294881 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well they specialize in cremations and I think they can do or help with spreading ashes at sea.. the police officer who came when my mom was found had ti send her to the county since I had no plans. He gave Me their name and number. WOund up having mom laid out there too thanks to her brothers fit. Plan was just cremated.Bug they had a room for wakes. Thing is they are not fancy.. mostly cremating. Had father in law..he died and they just picked him up and gave us ashes..hubby and his brother were going to take him out to the Everglades where he liked to fish..Still waiting on that..
They were much less expensive than funeral home since they focus on cremation. And I think they have something like franchises all over..They also sell preneed..
That's actually good to know.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294882 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neptunesociety.com
Looks like they are in Fla. And other places..Says memorial reef. So they have a special place for at sea dispersals. Looks like.
No Ida what they use in Arizona. But they have them there too. And in Calif..
Do you know if they're around New England?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294884 May 5, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you know if they're around New England?
Can you get up that site..neptunesociety.com? A friend of mine got a prepaid deal and I think there was reciprocity ..maybe with other States if he moved someplace that didn't have one..

If you look it up they may have a contact email or phone fir your area. If you cant find it. I can look it up for you ..ilk only looked at a couple:)
THEY were very good to us both times..Took my father in law from hospice..and at the time very reasonable

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min EasyEed 1,108,940
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 227,361
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr snod grass 200,933
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin Nation 27,336
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••