Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,848)

Showing posts 276,941 - 276,960 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I can't force myself to believe something, even if I had a great desire for it to be real. As a young person, I wanted to believe in a higher power and for years, I just accepted the Christian god, because that's what I grew up with. I was raised in a beautiful, traditional sect. However, faith isn't enough for me. There needs to be some evidence that a god exists. If I become convinced, fine. If not, that's fine, also. I don't worry about it, at all.
For me I always believed what I learned as a kid..But I never came to true faith and LOVE until in my 50's.
I even thought about reincarnation for a while. Read books etc.
Even Satan beieves in God..but that is not love..it is something that you feel in your soul...and its never too late in life..
One never knows what the future will be for us and our spirits...I heard this sermon on Tv..about the God sized hole in our hearts..that we try to fill with earthly things and loves..that and a lot of other things. Eventually got me..but for everyone it is personal ..and a choice...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing that any of us survive our parents, imo:-)
One of life's little miracles, yeppers!!

(Actually, my parents were pretty great - but that's just my opinion. I have to remind my mom how great I turned out, every now and then, because she gives herself crap too...)

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

They just WERE. Stop asking questions!
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And isn't the Serpent the most talented conman of them all? How were 2 people, who were denied knowledge, supposed to go up against the worst of the worst?
Not A Godbot

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

The bible?! You might as well beleive in Grimm's Faerytales! I'll tell you there's a Sandman! Pffftttt!

Only the feeble minded are afflicted with teligion!
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
"It seems to me, if all women would simply do as you did, then there would be no problem.
They don't , there is".
You actually think that if all 11 million+ child bearing, sexually active women went to PP for birth control that there wouldn't be any unexpected/unwanted pregnancies. It's absurd.
Just pointing out the fact, that a woman and a very active gay man on here uses precautions,and are both older and have never had any issues?!?
Playa is right

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rules of life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's ALL small stuff...
3. Live, Love, Laugh.
That's pretty much it.
Too many folks are burdened with the heavy yoke of religion.
Elise is right

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, I can't force myself to believe something, even if I had a great desire for it to be real. As a young person, I wanted to believe in a higher power and for years, I just accepted the Christian god, because that's what I grew up with. I was raised in a beautiful, traditional sect. However, faith isn't enough for me. There needs to be some evidence that a god exists. If I become convinced, fine. If not, that's fine, also. I don't worry about it, at all.
There could be a god but I doubt these folks have the answers.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

well, that one's easy. It harkens back to pre-embalming days, when people were sometimes buried alive.

In tomtom's case, it'll be because it will take three days to allow all the people he's insulted to spit in his face. That box is going to need a spitvalve.
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Prince Imbecile might as well ask why Christian people hold wakes and "viewings" where people sit around chit-chatting with a corpse in a casket at the front of the room. He's just another arrogant fundie spouting nonsense.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, kind sir. But you have no idea how many times I kicked myself for being a bad one....we all make mistakes, and I made some doozies. That boy became a wonderful man in spite of them, though, and I love him to the moon and back forever.
Although we, as parents mess up. I agree with cpeter on this one, your love for your son is very evident.:)
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yanno one sign of the best moms is kicking oneself over our perceived deficiencies or mistakes.
Little story..my daughter W's a really good kid..think I may have spanned her like 3 times as a little kid for scathe things like using a razor ..one whack and I wanted to cry..
Anyway as she grew up basically if I got angry she would give herself time out and go to her room.
Imagine my shock when at around 12 plus she got reallly mouthy..send her yo room. Take something away. Etc..
one day it got really bad. And I just had it and smacked her...she runs down the hall crying on shock..I sm standing with tears kn my eyes. My friend says I was wi seeing hoe long you were going to take that. Well the storm blew over the mouth got better and no prov tip just before collge year..that is another story..
Anyway roll forward..about 10 plus years...Getting married. The day before the wedding we are having a talk about stuff..serious things. Anyway I hug her and tell her how I have always felt bad for slapping her in anger. SHE LOoKS AT ME with a big question mark...lol she never even remembered...!!!!
She has her own kids now. And is a super mom..
Thing is if you were not a good mom....you would never even think you could be.
You had a serious talk with her when when she was 28 years old (10 plus years after her college year)?
"her mouth got better" How hard did you slap her?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Kids learn from parents' mistakes as well as good guidance. Nothing's harder for a child than to try to live up to a "perfect" parent's example.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, kind sir. But you have no idea how many times I kicked myself for being a bad one....we all make mistakes, and I made some doozies. That boy became a wonderful man in spite of them, though, and I love him to the moon and back forever.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For me I always believed what I learned as a kid..But I never came to true faith and LOVE until in my 50's.
I even thought about reincarnation for a while. Read books etc.
Even Satan beieves in God..but that is not love..it is something that you feel in your soul...and its never too late in life..
One never knows what the future will be for us and our spirits...I heard this sermon on Tv..about the God sized hole in our hearts..that we try to fill with earthly things and loves..that and a lot of other things. Eventually got me..but for everyone it is personal ..and a choice...
But you are anti-choice!!!!

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

4) Don't play "tag" with a rhinoceros.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Rules of life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's ALL small stuff...
3. Live, Love, Laugh.
That's pretty much it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You had a serious talk with her when when she was 28 years old (10 plus years after her college year)?
Had to giggle at this one, grumpy. I hope I'm still privileged to have serious conversations with my son, when he turns 28 in 5 years...

Not all serious stuff has to do with s-e-x...get yer mind out the gutter.

Just sayin'.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

But not everyone uses bc/safe sex properly because they don't really understand the details. Just regarding the pill, there are many things that reduce or eve eliminate its effectiveness, from OTC medications to some foods. Some women are simply immune to its effects. Many men think safe sex means using a condom, but there is so much more involved.

There will always be a need for abortion and sex ed.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pointing out the fact, that a woman and a very active gay man on here uses precautions,and are both older and have never had any issues?!?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't agree more, Miss Foo. Miss Rose communicates quite well, in spite of Madam Kindle's efforts to thwart her...frankly, I rather enjoy separating Miss Rose's wheat from Madam Kindle's chaff - it's like a brain game!!
Very healthy.
ROFLMAO I couldn't have said it better myself!
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Had to giggle at this one, grumpy. I hope I'm still privileged to have serious conversations with my son, when he turns 28 in 5 years...
Not all serious stuff has to do with s-e-x...get yer mind out the gutter.
Just sayin'.
She was telling her daughter what to make for dinner. RESERVATIONS!!!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You had a serious talk with her when when she was 28 years old (10 plus years after her college year)?
Dang. Anything on here will be argued.. it was a story..she was 12.. I carried the burden..she forgot it. Was the point...and not very hard..

And women talk about all sorts of sentimental things. A lot. And the day before a marriage is very sentimental.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO I couldn't have said it better myself!
And that post gets funnier with repeating. Lol...and thank you both..how are you today..I see the name changers talking to themselves are back..2 days ago they went nuts on here. Sighs
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>But you are anti-choice!!!!
Oh grumpy lol..CHOICE does not only relate to abortion..I was speaking of free will we were given..and yes I know Roe gave women Choices I wish were not there..but alas they are ...
We always have choices in life. My wish is that we would use them BEFORE an unwanted pregnancy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 276,941 - 276,960 of304,939
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••