Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#294832 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
For me I always believed what I learned as a kid..But I never came to true faith and LOVE until in my 50's.
I even thought about reincarnation for a while. Read books etc.
Even Satan beieves in God..but that is not love..it is something that you feel in your soul...and its never too late in life..
One never knows what the future will be for us and our spirits...I heard this sermon on Tv..about the God sized hole in our hearts..that we try to fill with earthly things and loves..that and a lot of other things. Eventually got me..but for everyone it is personal ..and a choice...
Yes, it is personal for everyone, but it isn't a choice. You just said that it's something that you feel in your soul. Well, one cannot choose something as visceral as that. If you believe, you believe. If you don't, you don't. And thus whole "God-sized hole in the heart".....nice sound bite, but it means nothing.

Atrisco Village

#294833 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>One of life's little miracles, yeppers!!
(Actually, my parents were pretty great - but that's just my opinion. I have to remind my mom how great I turned out, every now and then, because she gives herself crap too...)
:)
I didn't turn out that great, but it definitely wasn't anyone's fault but mine. I'm accountable for my own sh*t. Lol
STO

Vallejo, CA

#294834 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh grumpy lol..CHOICE does not only relate to abortion..I was speaking of free will we were given..and yes I know Roe gave women Choices I wish were not there..but alas they are ...
We always have choices in life. My wish is that we would use them BEFORE an unwanted pregnancy
Hi rose. Long time no see.

I'd like to ask you: If the legal choice were removed, what do you think would happen?

I doubt after 40 years of abortion being legal, women would just say "sure, no problem".
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294835 May 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is personal for everyone, but it isn't a choice. You just said that it's something that you feel in your soul. Well, one cannot choose something as visceral as that. If you believe, you believe. If you don't, you don't. And thus whole "God-sized hole in the heart".....nice sound bite, but it means nothing.
Ok I felt it and maybe you didn't. It is personal..sometimes some people feel an emptiness. I believe the Spirit calls to us. We may never answer.. it my be better yo say. The choice is to answer. And grace is s gift..freely given. By which we gain faith..:) best way I can think to aswer
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294836 May 4, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi rose. Long time no see.
I'd like to ask you: If the legal choice were removed, what do you think would happen?
I doubt after 40 years of abortion being legal, women would just say "sure, no problem".
Hey STO. WOW LOL. I will try a few days ago we really went to town on this very thing. And my kindle ducks on spelling bug for you I will try to give a short version. Nice to see you

If if were gone..which I do doubt will ever happen also. I think it would be after all the legal wrangling arc if a ban was upheld. BOTH WOMEN AND MEN would adapt. I believe that theemphadis would be kn contraception..tot both
Back when I was a kid we had no Sexed. no pill..men could lie their way out of any responsibilty...
We could get kicked out of school for being pregnant...we either had the baby and kept if or put it up for adoption..there were illegal abortions. But it was not a part of the culture...

Now men have a pass...it might take a generation for the adaptation...but we are smart as a whole...with many alternatives...so I think there would be a whole lot less unwanted pregnancies.

With contraception being the main alternative the clinic like PP would put the emphasis on that for their business...I am sure there may be some underground clinics..BUT not abortions to the tune of 800thousad plus...per year.

And one can only pray that the hookup mentality of the kids. Might be less...the males would have to take responsibily. Or their parents. As in days of old. Maybe..
I DONT HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS...but we would certainly adapt...and just maybe have less STDs floating around

If you want to read back I gave many reasons and my own story.. I was one of those girls and I thank God every day that the CHOICE was Not there.. I was just as dedperste. Maybe moreso..as it was shamed on us..Had to leave home...It was heartbreaking ..but my son lived and now has a family of his own. So I do understand..

So you asked..sigh..and I know really that this wont happen..but we all should pray that we as a society work harder to make abortion what they promised
..RARE!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294837 May 4, 2013
rosesz Madam kindle wrote:
<quoted text>
..personally I have told my family if they lay out my corpse..I will haunt them.. just a joker. Don't believe in ghosts.
But many faiths have different ways of mourning..some used to hire professional mourners..some believe the body must be buried in a day..I bate wakes or burial for that matter..I believe if there is actually a resurrection of this earthly body..God can accomplish that just fine no matter how it is disposed of..but that is just me..
IMO, anything that is done after the death of a loved one is for the friends and family. We do these rituals for ourselves and get comfort from thinking the deceased would've liked it, or would've approved.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294838 May 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
well, that one's easy. It harkens back to pre-embalming days, when people were sometimes buried alive.
In tomtom's case, it'll be because it will take three days to allow all the people he's insulted to spit in his face. That box is going to need a spitvalve.
<quoted text>
Bwahahahahaha!!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294839 May 4, 2013
Vlad is right wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only will I be in that line but when I get to the coffin I'll unzip and send that fuckinasshole PRINCE TOMMY to hell with my doodong in his pie hole.
How nice of you to give Tom Tom posthumously what he desired so dearly in life.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294840 May 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, anything that is done after the death of a loved one is for the friends and family. We do these rituals for ourselves and get comfort from thinking the deceased would've liked it, or would've approved.
Mmmm true but my family knows I would hats it and white frankly I don't want yo subject my children or grandchikdrdn yo looking at me laid out...I got the creepy feeling my moms and grammars hands moved..better they remember me alive..Have a memorial if they want..sit around and say nice things in a living room..

Laying out does not shop you tot years from thinking..of let Mr call mom and tell her etc.

(Remember that old Crosby routine..where he puts a tape recorder in the coffin that says to the people..Hi. don't I look like myself)

Anyway this is personal for sure..The thing is. We should all be sure our families know tor sure whet we want.. I got pushed into an open casket for my mom..I bated it and refuse yo go to another funeral..Hopefully those I love know I love them beforehand...and the people I sm closest to..God forbid they go before Mr..Well antlyway. Cry just thinking about it!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294841 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm true but my family knows I would hats it and white frankly I don't want yo subject my children or grandchikdrdn yo looking at me laid out...I got the creepy feeling my moms and grammars hands moved..better they remember me alive..Have a memorial if they want..sit around and say nice things in a living room..
Laying out does not shop you tot years from thinking..of let Mr call mom and tell her etc.
(Remember that old Crosby routine..where he puts a tape recorder in the coffin that says to the people..Hi. don't I look like myself)
Anyway this is personal for sure..The thing is. We should all be sure our families know tor sure whet we want.. I got pushed into an open casket for my mom..I bated it and refuse yo go to another funeral..Hopefully those I love know I love them beforehand...and the people I sm closest to..God forbid they go before Mr..Well antlyway. Cry just thinking about it!!
A friend of mine died kind of young from cancer. At her wake there was no casket but rather easels with picture collages showing her life, there were balloons and the funeral home played her favorite music.
Gtown71

United States

#294842 May 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Kids learn from parents' mistakes as well as good guidance. Nothing's harder for a child than to try to live up to a "perfect" parent's example.
<quoted text>
Very well said, and I couldn't agree more.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294843 May 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of mine died kind of young from cancer. At her wake there was no casket but rather easels with picture collages showing her life, there were balloons and the funeral home played her favorite music.
Well that sounds less bad..but I want to be cremated. We have a Neptune Society Herr. If anyone wants my ashes greaT. Just put them in a garden if they want..anyway that does sound nice for the family.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294844 May 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pointing out the fact, that a woman and a very active gay man on here uses precautions,and are both older and have never had any issues?!?
Yeah, one of how many Gtown @@. Your notion that if all sexually active women used the services of PP that there would be no abortion issue is about on the 7th grade level.
Gtown71

United States

#294845 May 4, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, one of how many Gtown @@. Your notion that if all sexually active women used the services of PP that there would be no abortion issue is about on the 7th grade level.
7th grade is about a year or so late for some girls today. Notice kids are more sexualy active today then ever before?

I believe it has much to do with the message being sent, that no matter what happens, it can be fixed.

It has caused much harm for many.

We humans are not near as strong as we think we are at times, and things leave scars forever.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294846 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that sounds less bad..but I want to be cremated. We have a Neptune Society Herr. If anyone wants my ashes greaT. Just put them in a garden if they want..anyway that does sound nice for the family.
I've always been befuddled by these people that put crosses at accident scenes where someone died. Where I'm living now, there was a terrible accident where a man's wife died, and we see him every few weeks, with his two small children ages 4 and 5, putting up a new cross and flowers. It bothers me for some reason. I mean really??? DOnt you have a cemetary to go to to do that? I would NEVER want someone taking my daughter to the scene of an accident I died at. ESPECIALLY repeatedly like this guy does! Its kind of sick IMO.

Its been a running "joke" among my family and friends that you never see a Star of David anywhere, so when I do die, regardless of where or when, I want someone to put a Jewish star on the road somewhere, you know .... just because..... <<grin>>

And someone putting an FSM somewhere would REALLY mess with people's heads....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294847 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's one thing I really love about the Jewish faith. No "viewings", and no days long wait for a funeral.

Some that were around two years ago will remember me posting, and saying that my dad was having chest pains, and two days later we buried him, and weeks before that, the same with my mom.

No viewing, we want to remember the person as they WERE alive, healthy and happy, not dead in a coffin.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294848 May 4, 2013
When my mom passed, we had her cremated--no viewing. She didn't WANT to be remembered as a body in a box. My father had a military funeral.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294849 May 4, 2013
It has to do with the age of menarche often being 9 or 10 years old, much younger than even MY generation. Their hormones trigger responses nobody has prepared them for.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
7th grade is about a year or so late for some girls today. Notice kids are more sexualy active today then ever before?
I believe it has much to do with the message being sent, that no matter what happens, it can be fixed.
It has caused much harm for many.
We humans are not near as strong as we think we are at times, and things leave scars forever.

Atrisco Village

#294850 May 5, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. I mean he was experimenting with that supercilious thing on second trimester pregnancies at the BEGINNkng of his career. And the just got yo where he was doing really lard terms and according yo assistants bypassing the abortion altogether yo avoid suits. And just delkvering and killing the babies outright..sigh
Hope that jury gets him
He's a sick, sick criminal. How long do you think it will be before a movie is made about him? You know they will:-\

Atrisco Village

#294851 May 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been befuddled by these people that put crosses at accident scenes where someone died. Where I'm living now, there was a terrible accident where a man's wife died, and we see him every few weeks, with his two small children ages 4 and 5, putting up a new cross and flowers. It bothers me for some reason. I mean really??? DOnt you have a cemetary to go to to do that? I would NEVER want someone taking my daughter to the scene of an accident I died at. ESPECIALLY repeatedly like this guy does! Its kind of sick IMO.
Its been a running "joke" among my family and friends that you never see a Star of David anywhere, so when I do die, regardless of where or when, I want someone to put a Jewish star on the road somewhere, you know .... just because..... <<grin>>
And someone putting an FSM somewhere would REALLY mess with people's heads....
That's a thing that Latinos do, commonly. They also take pictures of the body of their lived ones. It's just a cultural thing, here, and accepted. Death isn't a morbid subject in a lot of cultures.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min DBWriter 1,252,255
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 243,483
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Sun Earthling-1 6,277
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun GoGoGrandMaHillary 1,653
News Trail Blazers 'like what Tim Frazier brings' at... Sat Fartman 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat tom wingo 29,828
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Jul 2 Fartman 24
More from around the web