Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
276,901 - 276,920 of 305,378 Comments Last updated Yesterday

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

Right back atcha!
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I sure hope so - Cpeter is one of my favorite posters here.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Any woman weak enough to cave to a man's wish that she have an abortion, would make a terrible mother anyway. IMHO.
I agree.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but I don't accept the fairy tale. I'm just as certain there is no afterlife, as you are that there is one.
Punishing all of humanity forever, for the 'mistakes' of two people, is stupid, cruel, and sadistic.
You folks can keep your God...I think he sucks.
I agree.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it be easier to believe in something more..a better place. With a Father who loves us?
Personally, my disbelief isn't a choice. I can't force myself to belief something. I was brought up by Christians and had no reason or desire to turn away from the faith. It became glaringly apparent to me, as I grew up, that there is no proof or real evidence if a higher power. It's just that simple.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
If all they knew was happiness and perfection, how could they even conceive of anything else, including punishment?
If you get tricked by a conman and lose your money, are you to blame or the conman?
<quoted text>
Again s good point..but maybe that is the point..goth concept..and hard to grasp...
he told them not to rat..That they could to anything else.but if they Ste they would die..the other tree was the tree of life..they goer death..not instant death it turns out but death none the less..my mind is not Gods..
there are a lot of things He did that I do not understand..including His patience and love.
How can a world keep spinning with Gosnells in it? HEhad given us a lot of time to come to Him
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, my disbelief isn't a choice. I can't force myself to belief something. I was brought up by Christians and had no reason or desire to turn away from the faith. It became glaringly apparent to me, as I grew up, that there is no proof or real evidence if a higher power. It's just that simple.
Faith is the belief in what we cannot see. It is ours thrum grace..if we want it

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the definition of "Catholic", azzclown pagan.
We get the drift just by reading posts like yours.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting take on it...and I do think that is one way to look at it.
THEY had something none of us have had since. THEY had heaven on earth and they communed with God every day. They knew they owed everything to Him.
The serpent appealed to something in them that enter more..just as He aspired to be more. And turned away from the God...Lost heaven himself.
They wanted something they thought was better. Knowledge of good and evil. GOD LET THEM CHOOSEwhat they wanted.
ANDyes He knew because He knows all.He knew even then the price that would be paid because they brought sin into the world..
By our minds we can think its unfair...but it is free will. And Gods justice is not ours.
We believe the price paid willingly by Him through His Son showed His love for us.
personally especially when I turn on the news..I wonder why He loves us or wants us to live with Him ar all.
Why do you suppose the God in Genesis would want to withhold knowledge from the very first humans? To say in essence "there it is, but don't take it"? To have a life where they did nothing but lay around making babies?

As a child I was told repeatedly that we needed bad days to appreciate the good days, to have rain to appreciate the Sun, to have evil to appreciate good...yet originally we were to have none of those bad things. Now that we do, it seems an explanation needed to be found to explain the pain and suffering in life.

It's very contradictory. God wanted only paradise for us...but God now wants us to have bad to appreciate good?

It makes no sense. All these explanations of God come from the minds of humans. All the "God wants..." statements are just the lame graspings of humans trying to fit the whole puzzle together and doing a very poor job of it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's OK. We know you suck, pagan. So does Vladdy. The old queen will be visiting you soon.
Is this another demonstration of what it is to be a Catholic?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
If all they knew was happiness and perfection, how could they even conceive of anything else, including punishment?
If you get tricked by a conman and lose your money, are you to blame or the conman?
<quoted text>
And isn't the Serpent the most talented conman of them all? How were 2 people, who were denied knowledge, supposed to go up against the worst of the worst?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, my disbelief isn't a choice. I can't force myself to belief something. I was brought up by Christians and had no reason or desire to turn away from the faith. It became glaringly apparent to me, as I grew up, that there is no proof or real evidence if a higher power. It's just that simple.
I agree. There is no choice, you either believe or you don't...just like there's really no choice about who you love.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
It's as if, had women refused to evolve, and remained ignorant as a lump of clay, that our biology would have somehow ceased to render childbirth painful, or difficult. I just shake my head, and wonder at the obtuseness of it all.
Correct; regressive anti-choice imbeciles like Knutter and ThePrince have shown themselves to be incredibly obtuse. Sadly, they're two among many.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
Lol..NO woman PL or PC would ever deny that childbirth is psi... Personslly wish men could have
every other one they sire. Would be one way to cut down on pregnancies.
I don't think women should be punished ....but the fact is. WE ARE THE ONES who have the burden of contraception..BUT I do believe that the men get a huge pass on responsibility because of being able to get the women to take care of it by doing away with their offspring..IMHO
What does "psi" mean? Or did you mean "easy" but your machine displayed something else?:)

I'm well aware that women have to be especially vigilant when it comes to contraception. The thing is; ALL methods of birth control can and DO fail. NO method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. So when a woman's BC fails and a pregnancy results, SHE is the ONLY person who gets to make the choice to continue it or not. Why? Because the woman is the ONLY person who takes on all the health risks and potential complications of pregnancy and delivery, THAT'S why.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey foomuffchew, when did you move to Texas you old matt munching proabortion pagan, you.
Such a GOOD 'christian' Tomtom is.....
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you suppose the God in Genesis would want to withhold knowledge from the very first humans? To say in essence "there it is, but don't take it"? To have a life where they did nothing but lay around making babies?
As a child I was told repeatedly that we needed bad days to appreciate the good days, to have rain to appreciate the Sun, to have evil to appreciate good...yet originally we were to have none of those bad things. Now that we do, it seems an explanation needed to be found to explain the pain and suffering in life.
It's very contradictory. God wanted only paradise for us...but God now wants us to have bad to appreciate good?
It makes no sense. All these explanations of God come from the minds of humans. All the "God wants..." statements are just the lame graspings of humans trying to fit the whole puzzle together and doing a very poor job of it.
Again I always wonder why when people are so determined in their non belief..But that is a mystery also.
and yes. HE wanted only the good of Paradise for them..What makes you think it was boring as you are describing. To be with the Creator of the universe every day.???
They were His children. Who knows what their lives would have been..The mysteries they could have discovered. THE generations skilled in art and science..Science. the unfolding of the mysteries of His creation..we assume gust they would have remained only gardeners..but what might He have taught them and their offspring. Instead of them learning in a hostile environment

All knowledge at their feet again I don't know the plan. He'd had.. I know from His word what happened nd t and how we may make it back onto paradise...nit an easy path. But because He loves us..he gave us a way back..I believe it is through His Son Jesus...
Others believe differently or not at all..and that is free will

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you let people walk thorough your deceased sons room for four days. that sounds a bit bizarre.
However, I am sure God had mercy on his soul. His spirit lives on in eternity.
What an incredible POS you are.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does "psi" mean? Or did you mean "easy" but your machine displayed something else?:)
I'm well aware that women have to be especially vigilant when it comes to contraception. The thing is; ALL methods of birth control can and DO fail. NO method is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. So when a woman's BC fails and a pregnancy results, SHE is the ONLY person who gets to make the choice to continue it or not. Why? Because the woman is the ONLY person who takes on all the health risks and potential complications of pregnancy and delivery, THAT'S why.
Lol

Yes I meant to say easy..madams kindle had anther idea in her wisdom.lol
I do know what you mean about it all being on the woman..been there and done that..insensitive selfish and scared young man..very scared tern..No contraception that I knew of..but I have said all that.
I personally think every mom and dad of a son or daughter should teach them their responsibikty ..point was it is so easy tot the huh to fob it off..as usual on the woman to get rid of the mistake..his offspring..they are raised in a society that tours her right to do so..
Maybe just maybe..if Roe hadn't been law. And there was the knowledge of today..these boys and men might just think twice. And there might be a few less pregnancies and STDs

I saw in some website some kind of sexed thing that was deemed not suitable to print on a newspaper but that they want to show little kids of ten..crazy. but in it they had stuff about G spots...Why not show these kids..maybe a bit older..pox of sores from STDs...people dying of AIDS..things like that instead if his to get pleasure from sec..why encourage hooking up. Only my opinion..
Įpter says the gay community is quite good at using condole.. why not the Herero. I agree.

But as usual they leave it up to us..and babies are done away with daily by the thousands..and Ge's I know no one wants to say babies. BUT they are.
That thing I watched on Gosnell was showing the dead children and pieces of them that the court saw.. it was gross and all the defends would say over again..the prosecution is persecuting a black doctor for caring for poor women..poor women he mutilated.

But that is another story and a VERY EXTREME example..but those were pieces of little babies he had in jars. Not refuses..
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Ugh...babies not refuses.sorry
rosesz Madam kindle

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Mo stooping macheen hates meee. Lol

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I always wonder why when people are so determined in their non belief..But that is a mystery also.
and yes. HE wanted only the good of Paradise for them..What makes you think it was boring as you are describing. To be with the Creator of the universe every day.???
They were His children. Who knows what their lives would have been..The mysteries they could have discovered. THE generations skilled in art and science..Science. the unfolding of the mysteries of His creation..we assume gust they would have remained only gardeners..but what might He have taught them and their offspring. Instead of them learning in a hostile environment
All knowledge at their feet again I don't know the plan. He'd had.. I know from His word what happened nd t and how we may make it back onto paradise...nit an easy path. But because He loves us..he gave us a way back..I believe it is through His Son Jesus...
Others believe differently or not at all..and that is free will
Asking for your perspective is being "determined" in my "non-belief"? Perhaps I could respond that I'm astounding by people's determination to believe in an invisible, magical being and a book loaded with contradictions.

How do you know what God wants? How do you know the garden of Eden was not boring? How do you know Eden even existed? Your belief is based on faith yet you question why I do not take something so fantastical on faith?

The only answers I ever get from the "believers" are platitudes and more platitudes. You can "wonder" at us non-believers but I can't put any faith in something that can only be supported with platitudes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min TSM 1,095,102
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 27 min Buck Crick 225,533
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 16 hr RICK SERVICE 28
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr Bruin For Life 26,952
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••