Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294745 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute absurd notion.
Watching a report. Geraldo......
SOUNDS LIKE
when Suttee Hosp called the cops kn that couple with the baby..then the first cops wound up at Kaiser hosp. Talked to the docs and baby went hike. Next day CPS had them take the baby.

Report says. Judge ordered the baby home but they háve to be monitored by CPS. I beg all those fancy lawyers who do high profile stuff are lining up at the door!!!
Glad baby is back home
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294746 May 3, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
In only 23 short years, my son did a marvelous job of that. When his body was in the hospital, at which he arrived without a heartbeat or brainwaves, and stayed for four days while we found matching recipients for his organs, he was visited by at least 150 people. There was never a time when his visiting hours weren't crowded - practically everyone who ever knew him loved him, and wanted to say goodbye. There was a never-ending wave of prayers from all those folks, and such an outpouring of love for our Alex, that most of them were sure he would sit up and ask us what the heck we were all doing there....of course, he never did. With his organ donations, 7 people's lives were continued or given second chances as a result of his death, and he changed the lives of more people while he was alive, than I will ever know. I was so proud of him...and still am.
:)
Why would you let people walk thorough your deceased sons room for four days. that sounds a bit bizarre.

However, I am sure God had mercy on his soul. His spirit lives on in eternity.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294747 May 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you let people walk thorough your deceased sons room for four days. that sounds a bit bizarre.
However, I am sure God had mercy on his soul. His spirit lives on in eternity.
Because they love him, and while he lived, he loved them back. I'm not so foolish as to try and stop anyone from saying goodbye to a loved one...bad karma, that.

My son's soul didn't need mercy. He was one of the best people I've ever known.

But thanks for not being unnecessarily cruel or mean, like some.
Good night.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294748 May 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's OK. We know you suck, pagan. So does Vladdy. The old queen will be visiting you soon.
I sure hope so - Cpeter is one of my favorite posters here.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#294749 May 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, OK Einstein. So who decided who shoveled the shat, in your version of communal wonderland. You pagans are real dummies!
From what I've read, people back then shoveled their own. Into holes they dug, before they crapped in them. Duh.

I'm not a pagan, but whatever I am, it's not a member of whatever religion you claim...and guess what??

I'm living a pretty good life anyway.

Funny how that works.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294750 May 3, 2013
Ok. In trying to find a non biased source..after watching a report on Gosnel..let me suggest going back on time ..look up on wikioedia the phrase super coil abortion technique ..Harvey madman..

If you Clik on super coil Gosnell cones up..

Another thing that clinic a woman was talking about her experience..they were poor people and had yo pay extra tor any anesthetic.

Horrid stories of VD from nstruments and perforated insides..very evil men..cannot figure out why the jury is still out!!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294751 May 3, 2013
HARVEY KARMAN. ON YHE SUPRRCOIL..though nh autocorrect may be right..he sounds like s madman with his invention
Gtown71

United States

#294752 May 3, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute absurd notion.
Why may I ask?
Ocean went to.pp, and has never once had a need for am abortion, so if all girls / women did as she, would it not be a good thing?

Hey even cpeter, the human rabbit man, says he's clean as they get, after having more men the carter had liver pills. Lol
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294753 May 3, 2013
Showing workers testimony..the man tor sued for mutilating women inside ..This is why he took to deporting and then murdering healthy babies. Not even botched abortions..just delivered.
They found actual babies specimens..
the man was a monster.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294754 May 3, 2013
You raised a wonderful son, which makes you a great parent.
not a playa1965 wrote:
In only 23 short years, my son did a marvelous job of that. When his body was in the hospital, at which he arrived without a heartbeat or brainwaves, and stayed for four days while we found matching recipients for his organs, he was visited by at least 150 people. There was never a time when his visiting hours weren't crowded - practically everyone who ever knew him loved him, and wanted to say goodbye. There was a never-ending wave of prayers from all those folks, and such an outpouring of love for our Alex, that most of them were sure he would sit up and ask us what the heck we were all doing there....of course, he never did. With his organ donations, 7 people's lives were continued or given second chances as a result of his death, and he changed the lives of more people while he was alive, than I will ever know. I was so proud of him...and still am.
:)

Indianapolis

#294755 May 3, 2013
If all they knew was happiness and perfection, how could they even conceive of anything else, including punishment?

If you get tricked by a conman and lose your money, are you to blame or the conman?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting take on it...and I do think that is one way to look at it.
THEY had something none of us have had since. THEY had heaven on earth and they communed with God every day. They knew they owed everything to Him.
The serpent appealed to something in them that enter more..just as He aspired to be more. And turned away from the God...Lost heaven himself.
They wanted something they thought was better. Knowledge of good and evil. GOD LET THEM CHOOSEwhat they wanted.
ANDyes He knew because He knows all.He knew even then the price that would be paid because they brought sin into the world..
By our minds we can think its unfair...but it is free will. And Gods justice is not ours.
We believe the price paid willingly by Him through His Son showed His love for us.
personally especially when I turn on the news..I wonder why He loves us or wants us to live with Him ar all.

Indianapolis

#294756 May 3, 2013
Ooooohh...another genius who thinks implying gay men "suck" wounds us.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, that's OK. We know you suck, pagan. So does Vladdy. The old queen will be visiting you soon.

Indianapolis

#294757 May 3, 2013
Right back atcha!
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I sure hope so - Cpeter is one of my favorite posters here.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#294758 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Any woman weak enough to cave to a man's wish that she have an abortion, would make a terrible mother anyway. IMHO.
I agree.

Atrisco Village

#294759 May 4, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, but I don't accept the fairy tale. I'm just as certain there is no afterlife, as you are that there is one.
Punishing all of humanity forever, for the 'mistakes' of two people, is stupid, cruel, and sadistic.
You folks can keep your God...I think he sucks.
I agree.

Atrisco Village

#294760 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it be easier to believe in something more..a better place. With a Father who loves us?
Personally, my disbelief isn't a choice. I can't force myself to belief something. I was brought up by Christians and had no reason or desire to turn away from the faith. It became glaringly apparent to me, as I grew up, that there is no proof or real evidence if a higher power. It's just that simple.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294761 May 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If all they knew was happiness and perfection, how could they even conceive of anything else, including punishment?
If you get tricked by a conman and lose your money, are you to blame or the conman?
<quoted text>
Again s good point..but maybe that is the point..goth concept..and hard to grasp...
he told them not to rat..That they could to anything else.but if they Ste they would die..the other tree was the tree of life..they goer death..not instant death it turns out but death none the less..my mind is not Gods..
there are a lot of things He did that I do not understand..including His patience and love.
How can a world keep spinning with Gosnells in it? HEhad given us a lot of time to come to Him
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294762 May 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, my disbelief isn't a choice. I can't force myself to belief something. I was brought up by Christians and had no reason or desire to turn away from the faith. It became glaringly apparent to me, as I grew up, that there is no proof or real evidence if a higher power. It's just that simple.
Faith is the belief in what we cannot see. It is ours thrum grace..if we want it

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294763 May 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the definition of "Catholic", azzclown pagan.
We get the drift just by reading posts like yours.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294764 May 4, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting take on it...and I do think that is one way to look at it.
THEY had something none of us have had since. THEY had heaven on earth and they communed with God every day. They knew they owed everything to Him.
The serpent appealed to something in them that enter more..just as He aspired to be more. And turned away from the God...Lost heaven himself.
They wanted something they thought was better. Knowledge of good and evil. GOD LET THEM CHOOSEwhat they wanted.
ANDyes He knew because He knows all.He knew even then the price that would be paid because they brought sin into the world..
By our minds we can think its unfair...but it is free will. And Gods justice is not ours.
We believe the price paid willingly by Him through His Son showed His love for us.
personally especially when I turn on the news..I wonder why He loves us or wants us to live with Him ar all.
Why do you suppose the God in Genesis would want to withhold knowledge from the very first humans? To say in essence "there it is, but don't take it"? To have a life where they did nothing but lay around making babies?

As a child I was told repeatedly that we needed bad days to appreciate the good days, to have rain to appreciate the Sun, to have evil to appreciate good...yet originally we were to have none of those bad things. Now that we do, it seems an explanation needed to be found to explain the pain and suffering in life.

It's very contradictory. God wanted only paradise for us...but God now wants us to have bad to appreciate good?

It makes no sense. All these explanations of God come from the minds of humans. All the "God wants..." statements are just the lame graspings of humans trying to fit the whole puzzle together and doing a very poor job of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 min TerryE 5,306
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Bruin For Life 29,655
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Patrick n Angela 238,208
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min shaking my head 1,220,806
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Sat Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web