Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310377 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#294614 May 2, 2013
"razzmatazz"aka "oxygen thief"
we will also survive Obama.

oh yeah he is out to get you xstains,
Ocean56

AOL

#294615 May 2, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Protestants don't need to try to destroy the Catholic Church. Catholics are doing a fine job of it all by themselves.
Exactly. I'm just glad I kicked the toxic baggage of catholicism to the curb over 20 years ago, along with all gods, religions and churches while I was at it.

It's wonderful how much FREEDOM a woman has to make her own sexual and reproductive choices when she isn't mentally shackled to a bunch of archaic rules, isn't it. These days, I can use any form of contraception I want to avoid unwanted pregnancy, and there isn't a thing some nosy church cleric can do except WHINE about it. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant!:)
Ocean56

AOL

#294616 May 2, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
Christ started the Catholic Church, man started the protestant denominations, all 20,000 of them. I would rather stay with the real church.
Man started the Catholic Church too, knutter; you're just not smart enough to realize that. Of course, that is no surprise to me, since your "real church" doesn't like women being "too educated."
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294617 May 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Man started the Catholic Church too, knutter; you're just not smart enough to realize that. Of course, that is no surprise to me, since your "real church" doesn't like women being "too educated."
You are a joke.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294618 May 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is..I read a log of accounts about the early Christians. And of course we have the book of Acts..talking now only about Christians.
The early people of the Way would meet to worship..would tell about Hid..if the had letters of accounts or from respected members in other towns..they read them and passed them on (epistles of today) ok they doubted on the word and the power of the Holy Spirit to bring people to Christ. They did baptize..

The rituáls and sacraments including requiring confession to a priest came much later. Confession directly to God and repentance in the heart is what was asked for then..yes I am sure many confessed out loud or to the disciples..and the disciples would assure them they were forgiven if it was heartfelt and sincere.
They worshipprd God..I am sure they had songs of praise..BUT it was a simple religion in that it W's not weighed town by outward trappings. And statues.. the only prayer said bu rote was the Lords prayer..
I believe that Jesus purposely kept it simple..not requiring a lot of hoops to jump through.
The Jews who followed Him were still mostly practicing the feasts of Judaism. AS DID HE.until He died..
BUT after much discussion the Gentiles were not required to become Jewish first. When they were shown the way
He brought a faith in God......not a lot of rules and rituals....it was not what later became the RCC.
Now were the rituals that came later. Etc a bad thing .?? Of course not...and most religions have them..But point is we believe as was in the first days that the message of Christs life. Death. And Resurrection is the important part. NOG YHE INSTITUTIONS created by man..good as they may be.charitable as they may be..THEY are to reflect God not vice versatile.
Gtown71

United States

#294619 May 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I'm just glad I kicked the toxic baggage of catholicism to the curb over 20 years ago, along with all gods, religions and churches while I was at it.
It's wonderful how much FREEDOM a woman has to make her own sexual and reproductive choices when she isn't mentally shackled to a bunch of archaic rules, isn't it. These days, I can use any form of contraception I want to avoid unwanted pregnancy, and there isn't a thing some nosy church cleric can do except WHINE about it. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant!:)
So if you have a bad experience at a planned parenthood place, are you going to walk away from not only them, but declare abortion doesn't exsist?
You throw the baby out with the bath water in more ways then one :)
Gtown71

United States

#294620 May 2, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is..I read a log of accounts about the early Christians. And of course we have the book of Acts..talking now only about Christians.
The early people of the Way would meet to worship..would tell about Hid..if the had letters of accounts or from respected members in other towns..they read them and passed them on (epistles of today) ok they doubted on the word and the power of the Holy Spirit to bring people to Christ. They did baptize..
The rituáls and sacraments including requiring confession to a priest came much later. Confession directly to God and repentance in the heart is what was asked for then..yes I am sure many confessed out loud or to the disciples..and the disciples would assure them they were forgiven if it was heartfelt and sincere.
They worshipprd God..I am sure they had songs of praise..BUT it was a simple religion in that it W's not weighed town by outward trappings. And statues.. the only prayer said bu rote was the Lords prayer..
I believe that Jesus purposely kept it simple..not requiring a lot of hoops to jump through.
The Jews who followed Him were still mostly practicing the feasts of Judaism. AS DID HE.until He died..
BUT after much discussion the Gentiles were not required to become Jewish first. When they were shown the way
He brought a faith in God......not a lot of rules and rituals....it was not what later became the RCC.
Now were the rituals that came later. Etc a bad thing .?? Of course not...and most religions have them..But point is we believe as was in the first days that the message of Christs life. Death. And Resurrection is the important part. NOG YHE INSTITUTIONS created by man..good as they may be.charitable as they may be..THEY are to reflect God not vice versatile.
Well said!
The more hoops that are put into man and God, the more chances they will never meet.:(

I pray if you've read other post of mine, that you realize though my stance hasn't changed, I'm more polite about it, or atleast try and be :)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294621 May 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said!
The more hoops that are put into man and God, the more chances they will never meet.:(
I pray if you've read other post of mine, that you realize though my stance hasn't changed, I'm more polite about it, or atleast try and be :)
Lol Grown..I do not think anyone is on doubt on your stance on anything..

Polite is always good!!!
religiotards

Anonymous Proxy

#294622 May 2, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Protestants DO NOT believe in the Eucharist which is a travesty. You were taught that the Eucharist is Christ, what went wrong, why do you deny Him? That controversy is not really a controversy, the protestants won't believe Christ's presence is there. Christ started the Catholic Church, man started the protestant denominations, all 20,000 of them. I would rather stay with the real church.
When are you going to stop being a control freak beeatch? You think your sooo effing right about everything! What is a T*R*A*V*E*S*T*Y is that your so STINKING ARROGANT!!!
religiotards

Anonymous Proxy

#294623 May 2, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me me me me me me me me I I I I I I I me me me me me me me.
Awww shaddup ya windbag!
Son of Bitner

Rancho Cordova, CA

#294624 May 2, 2013
What's up with that Bitner cat?
The lad seems to place himself up high on a pedestal of all knowing authority.
What is his problem with perverts too? Perverts are people too you know. As long as they don't hurt people I sort of like perverts. Some of my best friends are perverts.

What is a Bitner anyway? Some sort of hard candy?
religiotards

Anonymous Proxy

#294625 May 2, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pregnancy DOES suck for many women! Men should STFU and keep their godshit to themselves!!!
religiotards

Anonymous Proxy

#294626 May 2, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
Shove your bullsheet right up your uptight ass.
religiotards

Anonymous Proxy

#294627 May 2, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol Grown..I do not think anyone is on doubt on your stance on anything..
Polite is always good!!!
Because the windbag is always cramming his garbage down everyones throats!
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#294628 May 2, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>But you are missing receiving Christ. Why would you want to stop receiving the Eucharist?
Not everyone thinks the catholic cannabalistic ritual is a worthy thing ya dope.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294629 May 2, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one Christian Church back then, the Church that Christ started, the Holy Roman Catholic Church. We receive Christ through the Eucharist. The Body Blood Soul and Divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ. I was at Adoration last night, a wonderful experience.
Son of Bitner

Rancho Cordova, CA

#294630 May 2, 2013
I looked up Bitner in the dictionary and this is what it said.

1. Having achieved brief infamy or success, then proceeding to fail or bungle colossally at one or more careers or activities, partaking of a rampage of self-destruction and ruin, then moving on to something completely random and wierd, to the amazement of all.
2. The fetish of hiring and interacting with but not having sex with a prostitute.

I was way-off thinking it was a hard candy.
CatholicWhore

Anonymous Proxy

#294631 May 2, 2013
I keep the priests happy!

;)
CatholicWhore

Anonymous Proxy

#294632 May 2, 2013
All those poor Catholic men stuck married to frigid, religious fanatic hag women! I give those men what they REALLY want!!
CatholicWhore

United States

#294633 May 2, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Protestants DO NOT believe in the Eucharist which is a travesty. You were taught that the Eucharist is Christ, what went wrong, why do you deny Him? That controversy is not really a controversy, the protestants won't believe Christ's presence is there. Christ started the Catholic Church, man started the protestant denominations, all 20,000 of them. I would rather stay with the real church.
I gave your sex starved hubby some mind-blowingf head while we were at lunch today. He said your such a frigid, haggish ice queen. Tomorrow I'm gonna ride him like a cowbay rides a bucking bronc!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Nobraina Waxman 1,264,983
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Eagle 12 245,255
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IBdaMann 6,513
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web