Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311629 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294495 May 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy believes something else, obviously. She was to whom my reply was directed.
Oops thought it was me especially about the keyboard lol...i think a secretary would be of more help.. I get really frustrated..

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#294496 May 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah absolutely, I can't believe the judge told them that they must follow all medical advice from now on. The entire thing is a violation of the civil rights. A judge can't order that. What if they were Jehovah Witness and the baby needed a transfusion? And most heart murmurs in this day and age don't require surgery. It runs in my family, I have one, my oldest brother, 2 older sisters. My doctor has told me they just are not as serious these days with all the other noninvasive treatments for them. This is just unbelievable. Huge law suit coming for sure.
Something is definitely wrong with that incident. I'll be very interested in the facts as they are revealed.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294497 May 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy believes something else, obviously. She was to whom my reply was directed.
See above Josephus Flavius about Jesus..i googled it
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294498 May 1, 2013
HERE IS A SUGGESTION..FOR ALL

Yanno how things get hot on here sometimes..WITH rude words

I have a new term..Go get your TurDle.. lolol

Saw this this Doctors...lol google Turdle..jingle...or doctors

And yes that is the correct spelling just listened to the jingle video..still crackkng up
Gtown71

United States

#294499 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
See above Josephus Flavius about Jesus..i googled it
Most I speak to dismiss his writing, becouse he was around right after Jesus was, but not durinh. It is amazing how God set up the whole deal, that we must believe by faith, and even tells us that in His Word.
I used to wonder why Jesus came when He did, but now I chalk it up to unanswered questions.
If He wants me to.know, He will show me.
I guy put it best, when he said to the non believers No amount of evidence is ever enough. To the believer, No amount of evidence is needed :)
Thanks for what you do Rose, and how you do it.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#294501 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
CORRECTION from before
JOSEPHUS FLAVIUS..JEWISH ANTIQUITIES CHAPTER ABOUT PIKATES exploits..mistakes whatever Chap 3
He was a Jew who wound up working on docs for the Romans. An historian who has been given great weight. HEwas around at the time of Jesus...not in the bible
He was a nut who bounced around from religion to religion. His story about the events at Masada is absurd.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294502 May 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most I speak to dismiss his writing, becouse he was around right after Jesus was, but not durinh. It is amazing how God set up the whole deal, that we must believe by faith, and even tells us that in His Word.
I used to wonder why Jesus came when He did, but now I chalk it up to unanswered questions.
If He wants me to.know, He will show me.
I guy put it best, when he said to the non believers No amount of evidence is ever enough. To the believer, No amount of evidence is needed :)
Thanks for what you do Rose, and how you do it.
They werd talkng about did He exist outside the bibke Flavius in his contemporary history on PILATE and his mistakes..like the water debacle...the putting up Roman symbols facing the Temple and the crucifixion of Jesus.
He seems to have been a Jew who was a Roman historian
For me the bible is a great history as well as faith book. So many centuries and people who lived that wrote in it.
Not any revisionism or whitewashing either. IE David sinning w Bathsheba or Paul helping murder Stephen..Peter denying Christ. They wrote it telling what they saw or experienced...WARTS and all. Any other book would be looked at with less skepticism..Esp the old scrolls that were preserved..
A lot of it backed up by other evidence..i wss just citing Flavius as an outside source.

Outside of faith ir videos..Scrolls snd books ars all we have or things excavated like proof of crucifixions being done etc..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294503 May 1, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>He was a nut who bounced around from religion to religion. His story about the events at Masada is absurd.
Hey seems he did bounce around...... but he does mention Jesus and Pilate while writing for tge Romans not the Christans..
I may be wrong but wasnt Masads before his time and he was writing fir Rome it seems..

Was he wrting to curry favor with Rome or whoever. No idea. I did not say he was a saint.. but the outside source of things thst hsppened.

Personally I believe the bible:) snd dont need someone outside it to know Jesus lived and died.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294504 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Religions..kind of but The one we Worship is not
Prrsonally I am not a huge fan of organized religion..when the Church become more of a focus than God..not good thing.
But some churches do put the focus on Him
Deity is not the religion, though. Religions are all made up by people to RELATE to their chosen Deity/ies.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294505 May 1, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Deity is not the religion, though. Religions are all made up by people to RELATE to their chosen Deity/ies.

Agreed for sure

Did u look up TurDle jingle.. or doctors turdle jingle.... evrryone needs a laugh!!!!
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#294506 May 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah absolutely, I can't believe the judge told them that they must follow all medical advice from now on. The entire thing is a violation of the civil rights. A judge can't order that. What if they were Jehovah Witness and the baby needed a transfusion? And most heart murmurs in this day and age don't require surgery. It runs in my family, I have one, my oldest brother, 2 older sisters. My doctor has told me they just are not as serious these days with all the other noninvasive treatments for them. This is just unbelievable. Huge law suit coming for sure.
What I don't get is the CPS statement they follow medical personnel... so the 2nd doctor stating the baby's fine and he has no concerns is what... chopped liver?

I think you're right. Huge lawsuit coming down the pipeline. Poor baby. Must be so scared...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#294507 May 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Inkstain, are you REALLY this stupid? The man, IF he existed, claimed to be g-d. That alone was breaking the laws of the Torah.
The depth of your CONTINUED AND DELIBERATE stupidity is astounding.
Where other Jew executed by the Romans for breaking the laws of the Torah? I thought that the Romans allowed the Jews to take care of religious problems. Wasn't that what the Sanhedrin was for?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#294508 May 1, 2013
Were not where
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#294509 May 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the Jewish faith. The same bible is used in all sects worldwide. I never understood why there were so many versions of christian bibles. It made me crazy when I had the bookstore and was buying for the shop LOL
Maybe all Jewish sects use the same bible but they each choose what to believe and follow. They don't all follow the bible in the same way. Even the Pharisees and the Sadduces didn't agree.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#294510 May 1, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
GRR I had a long answer but it timed me out or whatever..anyway. i have several versions ..They are all the same content except the Catholic which has several extra books. The king james for example has tge same things as the New Living Translation but the NLT is written in more modern sentences..Easier to explain. Just gave one to a friend who calls me to help her with some explanations in her NIV bible Now she uses the NLT also.
Have a question. Are all of yours Torah Tanakh in tge same language Hebrew??? Or Aramaic?? Or do you translate say to German or English.
I remember as a kid most of what we read at Mass was in Latin jn whatever country..then it changed snd
when the bible first came out printed for the people the RCC banned it..Said we couldnt underdtand without the priests
I think you all had kind of tge same thing?? Only certain people could interpret and they were men????
One more myth, that is all-too often repeated to make the Catholic Church look unbiblical, is that in 1229, the Bible itself was forbidden to laymen and placed on the Index of Forbidden Books by the Council of Valencia. This lie originated in the anti-Catholic book, Roman Catholicism, by Loraine Boettner. Unfortunately, it has been repeated and repeated by other anti-Catholic writers, and even spread into mainstream literature. It is one of the simplest arguments to refute, as it simply cannot stand up to historic scrutiny.

First of all, the Index of Forbidden Books was established in 1543, so a council in 1229 could not have placed a book on it. Second of all, there has never been a church council held in Valencia, Spain. Plus, the Moors were in control of that area in 1229, so the Church could not have had a council there even if they wanted to.

There was a council in 1229, but it was in Toulouse, France. It was a local council, not an ecumenical council (which means it did not represent the entire Church). This council did deal with the Bible, in a way. It was called to deal with the Albigensian heresy, which maintained that the flesh is evil and therefore marriage is evil, fornication is not a sin, and suicide is not immoral. They also opposed taking oaths, which completely undermined medieval feudal society, which was based on oaths. These Albigensians were using corrupt vernacular versions of the Bible to support their theories, twisting the Bible to “prove” their point. To combat this, the bishops at Toulouse restricted the use of the Bible until this heresy was ended. This was a local restriction, not a universal one, and when the heresy was over, the restriction was lifted.

This restriction never affected more than one area of southern France, and is a far cry from the Catholic Church banning the Bible from all laymen.

Tacoma, WA

#294511 May 1, 2013
not sure where your link goes, Ink. Here's what I got from Answers.com --

"Is one of these your question?
Is adventure Bible a Catholic Bible
Where is the Catholic bible from | Unanswered
Which is the Catholic Bible
What Bible is for Catholics
What bibles are Catholic | Unanswered
No? Post your question to the community!

Questions become part of the permanent, collaborative WikiAnswers database. Answers come from other users. Read this important disclaimer about user-generated content.
Note that although your question will be anonymous we do save your computer's Internet IP address (75.172.9.101) in the page history so that contributors can track spammers and vandals.
Answers.com > Wiki Answers > Asking Question"
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_bible_forbidden...
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294512 May 1, 2013
Whay hsppened in England and other Eutopean countris after the Printing started.

I realize that was partly Church of England...bug the the Vatican was criminalizing the bible before Henry seceded.. it was tge RCC..and around 1500s sounds right.

The PEOPLE running the Church not God..thought the people should have the scriptures interpreted for them..how many were imprisoned or killed. HOW many bibles burned..

Even when I was a kid in Catholic school..We did learn bible stories in Religion classes. BUT catechisms and missals took the place of bibles

I have to say with Pope John Pauls term There were msny reforms and Bible Study is a big part of the faith..NOW... and I think Pope Francis will make many more. I think the RCC was the frontrunner for charity in the world ..many giid men and women gave their lives ti help otgers and spread Gods word..I AM NOT ANTICATHOLIC. but it is a man made..man run institution..that in the middle ages was a lot more about power than God in some ways IMHO.
..THIS is one of the main reasons for the Reformation which had its own good and bad.

Thd popes such as tgd Borgia pope were nog very Godly.. It was about POWER and politics

BUT GETTING THE BIBLE TO THE common people Did Not have the approval of the RCC..then

And the use of thd bible had a lot to do with founding America as a religious freedom..Chuch of England was not pure Either and was political

Again these were misguided men..a lot of whom I am sure thought they were right...Some of it wás as political as the Inquisition was. TO THINK thaf a personvould be FORCED TO CHSNGE religion is ridiculous and dangerous and has nothing to do with Jesus. Those people should have READ His word

Again this is history. And a lot of history has to do with power and sin.. not just the Church..power and wealth corrupt . Look at secular pllitics.. money etc Imho all buf the history part and me never SEEING a bibke in Catholic school a few decades ago.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294513 May 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't get is the CPS statement they follow medical personnel... so the 2nd doctor stating the baby's fine and he has no concerns is what... chopped liver?
I think you're right. Huge lawsuit coming down the pipeline. Poor baby. Must be so scared...
And just from the story this third facilty she is in is NOT doing surgery either.. very terrible and confusing story. Maybe there is something we dont know as it is from the moms side..maybe the first hospital suspects munchausens...but with tge current place going to let the baby go to foster care..while thing stinks. IMHO
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294514 May 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where other Jew executed by the Romans for breaking the laws of the Torah? I thought that the Romans allowed the Jews to take care of religious problems. Wasn't that what the Sanhedrin was for?

Politics .High priest..Herod..pilate....all afraid to lose power.
And the Romans crucified anyond the thought was a rebel. Some rdbels used the name of God.

But sd Christians we believe it was God allowing it yo happen..and evil c
Or wek or corrupt men doing the deed. Not a people..

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#294515 May 1, 2013
"razzmatazz"aka "oxygen thief"
No, you are wrong. Christ is God and started the Catholic Church.

were you there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Tinka 1,420,550
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Rosa_Winkel 256,631
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Mrs thompjacksiju 201,889
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Earthling-1 10,070
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Aug 27 Trojan 32,332
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web