Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,566
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#294389 Apr 30, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>It's like a dead limb being pared from a productive tree.
During the Clinton administration a Jewish advisor (Dick Morris) was found having sexual acts with a prostitute. He converted to Catholicism and Jews didn't make any attempt to talk him out of it.
Dick Morris is now a highly respected reporterfor the Catholic media.
I'm not sure why switching would've helped him? Catholic faith kinda looks down on sleeping with prostitutes as well, does it not?
the thing is, many people switch religions, just like a member of a moose lodge may leave and join the "goose " lodge, lol

Again -religious -child of God.
Finding religion -finding God.
Being religious - being a child of God.
Dark and light

There was, is, and always will be a HUGE difference in belonging to any religious group, and belonging to God.

I am still not a very religious person, but I am a child of God.

This is not something I'm proud of, it is something I am just very thankful for :)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294390 Apr 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with much of what science does, and very thankful for science.
You believe carbon dating is a good way to date things? I thought they have had issues with some of that?
I think God shows us enough, just in His creation.
All things made now must be planned, and created, so I just can't see how way back then, things just sorta evolved?!
Male / female.
i would think we wouldn't have or need those in evolution.
"I thought they have had issues with some of that?"

Who are "they" and what "issues" have "they" had?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294391 Apr 30, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have any idea, the Torah wasn't explained in any Baptist church I went to. Just what was taught.
Think I posted my opinion.. but He was crucified by men who for their own puposes were afraid of losing power.pilate was afraid of the Chief Priest. Writing yo Caesar..The Chief priest...who wss not even of a priestly tribe but an appointee of Herod..who was also afraid...
Of this peaceful man who a lot of the people loved

He did nog disobey any laws..bug it ws convenient to say He did
NO one people killed Him..So much nonsense by more evil people assigning blame over the yesrs
. Point is He came to be sacrificed. He allowed all this to happen. he knew it would happen.
Like a lamb to the slaughter. FOR US. That we may be saved

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294392 Apr 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree there are many many bad deals, counterfeits, etc...
They only counterfeit something that has much worth.
Satan is very good at what He does.
Although I do believe by faith, I also have been showed and given all I need.
When something as Big as God comes into something as small as man, it is something you never forget, or get over.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you know of skeleton that all scientist agree on as being here before the bible says man should've been here?
I know of many, that have been exposed as frauds or explained."

"Yes, I agree there are many many bad deals, counterfeits, etc...
They only counterfeit something that has much worth."
grumpy

Teaneck, NJ

#294393 Apr 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
My point was that he'd have been mutilated for religious reasons, even though he does not practice that religion.
<quoted text>
Do you think he engaged a prostitute because he was circumcized at birth?????

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294394 Apr 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LNM, I have to give you credit for patience. I've NEVER seen anyone as DELIBERATELY obtuse (except perhaps for Inkstain) as this idiot is.
LMAO!!! I learned patience from spending so much time conversing with Seattle.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#294395 Apr 30, 2013
Has anyone heard of the Book of Thomas?

"16 Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war. For there will be five in a house: there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone."
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...

According to this 1998 PBS special, there is still no evidence Jesus lived. That for a generation after the crucifixion, and sometimes two generations, all they had were oral stories being passed around. Comparable with Greek stories and traditions. This PBS special is very detailed and interesting. I especially like one of the scholars stating that, "We must, first of all, understand that in history facts always lie under interpretations and we never get to the facts. They're only interpretations. There is only an interpreted Jesus, there are many interpreted Jesuses. So where do we begin? We begin not with Jesus, we have no access to him. We begin with the responses to Jesus, by his followers, by outsiders who heard about him.... We begin with those reactions as they're enshrined in the text we have."

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294396 Apr 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You can't even WALK afterwards, sometimes! Trust me....
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!!!!
grumpy

Teaneck, NJ

#294397 Apr 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure why switching would've helped him? Catholic faith kinda looks down on sleeping with prostitutes as well, does it not?
the thing is, many people switch religions, just like a member of a moose lodge may leave and join the "goose " lodge, lol
Again -religious -child of God.
Finding religion -finding God.
Being religious - being a child of God.
Dark and light
There was, is, and always will be a HUGE difference in belonging to any religious group, and belonging to God.
I am still not a very religious person, but I am a child of God.
This is not something I'm proud of, it is something I am just very thankful for :)
"I'm not sure why switching would've helped him? Catholic faith kinda looks down on sleeping with prostitutes as well"
Not if wanted foregiveness for his sin.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294398 Apr 30, 2013
Katie wrote:
Has anyone heard of the Book of Thomas?
"16 Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war. For there will be five in a house: there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone."
According to this 1998 PBS special, there is still no evidence Jesus lived. That for a generation after the crucifixion, and sometimes two generations, all they had were oral stories being passed around. Comparable with Greek stories and traditions. This PBS special is very detailed and interesting. I especially like one of the scholars stating that, "We must, first of all, understand that in history facts always lie under interpretations and we never get to the facts. They're only interpretations. There is only an interpreted Jesus, there are many interpreted Jesuses. So where do we begin? We begin not with Jesus, we have no access to him. We begin with the responses to Jesus, by his followers, by outsiders who heard about him.... We begin with those reactions as they're enshrined in the text we have."
Katie
We beluve that the bible was written by men inspired by God. There is no book of Thomss in there.

Some of it contains letters written by folloers to other followers..they eere sround when Jesus wss on earth
A lot of books or histories ..especially really old ones are taken as fact by a secular world.
If it wss snything other than the bible people would count it as history preserved by the people who lived it..but since its a a eork we believe st the core of our faith. Some people want yo dismiss it.

Was there a Noah?? No one else was around left to say..was ghere a Moses indpired to writr of events thst came before..Well he lived snd those events happened..
The bible is s history book snd s book of faith.

Were there tv cameras to record everything ..of fourse not.
But a lot of findings cannot disprove it either.

It is one of the few books that do not whitewash events.nor is it revisionist.

Many history book were written by the new king about the old king..or scrolls or whatever

As fot PBS having a special that shows no evidence for Jesus existing..no comment.
His folloers died horrid deaths for telling the truth. ID rather believe thrm.They were there.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#294399 Apr 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie
We beluve that the bible was written by men inspired by God. There is no book of Thomss in there.
Some of it contains letters written by folloers to other followers..they eere sround when Jesus wss on earth
A lot of books or histories ..especially really old ones are taken as fact by a secular world.
If it wss snything other than the bible people would count it as history preserved by the people who lived it..but since its a a eork we believe st the core of our faith. Some people want yo dismiss it.
Was there a Noah?? No one else was around left to say..was ghere a Moses indpired to writr of events thst came before..Well he lived snd those events happened..
The bible is s history book snd s book of faith.
Were there tv cameras to record everything ..of fourse not.
But a lot of findings cannot disprove it either.
It is one of the few books that do not whitewash events.nor is it revisionist.
Many history book were written by the new king about the old king..or scrolls or whatever
As fot PBS having a special that shows no evidence for Jesus existing..no comment.
His folloers died horrid deaths for telling the truth. ID rather believe thrm.They were there.
Several books were left out of the bible by Constantine.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294400 Apr 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ithink it wss sone Council of the Church Cant remember the name. And I know there were other writings..some true and some fantastic like a superboy type miracles by the baby Jesus and Jesus and Mary Magdala married. Etc..

What was included was those they could verify by other accounts or verify the true writer but it was the Church...which compiled it.

That statement about Jesus not bringing peace in some families makes sense as some would believe and some not..But He did not preach insurrection to take over as tge zealors did

Thesllre was no real Roman reason to kill him..yet they did..politics...8040
Gtown71

United States

#294401 Apr 30, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>"I'm not sure why switching would've helped him? Catholic faith kinda looks down on sleeping with prostitutes as well"
Not if wanted foregiveness for his sin.
His "SIN" would've been between him and his wife, although his actions would've effected and hurt others, but would the other jews not "forgive" him, or allow him "back in", if he showed repentence toward what he had done?

I agree folks should seek forgiveness, and when others forgive it is a great thing, but mainly forgiveness from God would be far greater, then having another man "human" tell you, that you're fotegiven, would it not?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294402 Apr 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
More is being done, then "we" know.
How many pro life people have you convinced to become pro choice? Do you stop?
No one is trying to convert pro-life to pro-choice lol. It's a discussion about abortion, laws, rights, legislation. That's why you trying to save souls is off topic.

Location hidden

#294403 Apr 30, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Think I posted my opinion.. but He was crucified by men who for their own puposes were afraid of losing power.pilate was afraid of the Chief Priest. Writing yo Caesar..The Chief priest...who wss not even of a priestly tribe but an appointee of Herod..who was also afraid...
Of this peaceful man who a lot of the people loved
He did nog disobey any laws..bug it ws convenient to say He did
NO one people killed Him..So much nonsense by more evil people assigning blame over the yesrs
. Point is He came to be sacrificed. He allowed all this to happen. he knew it would happen.
Like a lamb to the slaughter. FOR US. That we may be saved
appreciate your take on it Rose.

Location hidden

#294404 Apr 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Today we have Versions, Authorized, Standard, New, Updated and many, many more lol. It's crazy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294405 Apr 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep calling an unborn child or even a fetus a medical decision. The child is there and alive it has already been decided.
The 'decision' is whether or not to kill it.
Do you consider your children, property?
There is no unborn child, and I have never called a fetus a medical decision, Witless, so your "point" is moot.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294406 Apr 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ gives it 'authority'.
Missed the point, I see. I'm not surprised.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294407 Apr 30, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed the point, I see. I'm not surprised.
The circular logic being employed around here, is making me dizzy in it's ubiquity.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294408 Apr 30, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are filled with rage and hate.
No son, I'm actually not.
I know that your vile and uncontrolled outbursts are a cry for help.
ROFLMAO! My posts may be "vile" from time to time, but they're certainly NOT uncontrolled. I say what I mean and mean what I say. The one that is crying for help is NOT me Tommyboy, but you might want to look in a mirror when you say that about someone else.
I know that real jews do not condone or perform marriages between two women.
As I said before, you dont know shit. More and more conservative, reform and even orthodox rabbi's and synagogues certainly ARE performing holy unions and marriages for gay and lesbian couples.

Thats a fact son.
I also know you are about as jewish as a pork loin. You are a
Christian hating faux-jew pagan. You live in your fantasy world as a way to cover your overt hatred of all thin s good and Holy.
You're a moron boy. You dont know shit about Judaism OR about what's "good and holy".

Now wait, I need to correct myself.

You know ALL about being a phony christian hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Patrick 1,109,771
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 14 min PEE PEE PETE 200,951
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 min PEE PEE PETE 27,375
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 28 min Eagle 12 227,456
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••