Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,687
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294325 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she's on an older Kindle. I'm not sure you can do that, but I might be wrong.
Oh a kindle o.k. Don't know anything about those either lol.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294326 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>In the Baptist faith I was raised in, they would pray the "demons" away girl.
LOL I know, and they're quite boisterous about it too from what I hear LOL!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294327 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>In the Baptist faith I was raised in, they would pray the "demons" away girl.
Look up! Mail's in!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294328 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she's on an older Kindle. I'm not sure you can do that, but I might be wrong.
Its first generation fire..but def not made for posting..maybe the last generation is better. But not in the budget..oh well. Its good for reading and playing spades.
supposed to be ok for video they give us free things..but loo not sure the battery would get thru a whole movie.

To give you an idea..on days when I post s lot..go thru the battery into the third time!!!!!

But.love the device. Three years old tho..as I say. The keyboard is wonky. But then so am I.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294329 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Your keyboard is adding letters and skipping? Maybe there is an update for your particular keyboard you need to install. Idk how these things work.
HMM.. I may call Amazon tech when I get a chance..great idea..most of their advice is to hold the reset button..but I have to say they do replace them when under warranty..battery issue and getting web pages.

BUT way out of warranty now.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#294330 Apr 29, 2013
The man rowing was too busy wading around to make a decision. You know that, right? Why don't we just relax and enjoy each others' company instead of arguing like a bunch of children? After 276,000 pages of arguing, hasn't this gone on far enough?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294331 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumcision's were always done for Jewish boys, not just in the 60's. They still are, as its a fullfillment of G-d command in Genesis.
I'm so sorry you were lied to - that's not right, but yeah, I could have told you they'd do it, as if you look at the passage, it also applies to "adopted" children that were not born of a Jewish mother. Adoption is effectively an "automatic" conversion for a baby and its cemented so to speak not only by the circumcision, but also by the naming. He would have had an offical naming as well. Do you know his Hebrew name and what the name means? If you dont, ask, its really interesting!
<quoted text>
LOL Yeah. I know adult men who've converted and had to be circumsized, but it wasn't by a rabbi or mohel, it was in a hospital with LOTS of drugs LOL!!
<quoted text> Mazel Tov! <<grin>>
<quoted text>
Yes, I watched many of them and really was impressed.l
My FAVORITE to this day however remains The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston. Every year, without fail, we watch it.
LOL And there's a scene in it where Moses comes down off the mountain after seeing G-d for the first time, and his hair is snow white.
Now his wife hasn't seen him in months, and what's the VERY first thing she says?
"Oh Moses - your hair"!
LOL Cracks me up EVERY time! LOVE that movie!
Loo forgot that scene..I remember watching it so many times too. Now that guy was an actor..

What I said about the hospital was I had a clue because they didn't want them to do it so it must have been done except if not asked for.

If I get to...I will ask my son. Unfortunately I think he had a lot of religion as a kid anxiety very Areligious now..weird thing ..as a kid I had a lot too and really rebelled
From the RCC. Half raised by wonderful nuns as a kid..But thought I knew what was best for me..there is a word for that..cant say on here..as I said stupid teenage..me.

But thanks on the name info..would it be at all related to his name he uses??
Catholics get confirmation names which we picked..

So many interesting things to know.:)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294332 Apr 29, 2013
Geesh did nit mean to say anything about anxiety. Loo..have to try again so autumn correct..

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294333 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what the Fed is doing with parts of the new health care. Of course this is why some of the older docs are retiring early. They do it..
I don't like a lot of it but if I want health care I have no choice. If I want to work in. Docs office I have no choice.
The phrase that comes to mind is big girl pants.
Rose, the ultrasound procedure might help docs visualize all kinds of things other than a fetus in the womb. Would you suggest that everyone have an ultrasound, who is scheduled for surgery of any kind? And advocate FORCING (you seem to really like that concept,'forcing') them to get one, because surgery is inherently dangerous, and their Congressman believes it's necessary for everyone to consider not having any surgery?

And these ultrasounds are being required before medical abortions - which don't involve surgery at all. How is that going to make anything 'safer'?

I don't know what the Fed is doing with the new health care - the Governor of my state, in all her infinite wisdom, has declared the Federal health care bill Unconstitutional in this state, and has point blank refused to comply with it. So I don't get to take advantage of the health care my Federal tax dollars are paying for...the folks in other states get to use my tax dollars instead.

Makes my blood boil.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294334 Apr 29, 2013
Lol AUTO CORRECT
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294335 Apr 29, 2013
Honestly I dont drink!!

Location hidden

#294336 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you would be wrong. I would help her if she needed my help.
I show mercy and grace, since sooo much has been showed to me.
No.matter if someone else shoots you, or you shoot yourself, it still hurts and is still a wound.
I truly feel bad for the women in abortion as well.
Many may not have a problem with the numbers, but I do.
I may not have the answer, but there must be a better way, then what we have now.
To me, it is nothing less then a bi product of fallen man.
We have a sin nature, and do what feels good "at the momment", not giving much thought about the future.
I don't believe, out of all the abortions done each day, that one single one of those ladies got pregnant on purpose, just to have an abortion.
Many if not most were cases of in the momment, with someone they wouldn't have a kid with, but would have sex with, and just let it all go.
If this were a rare thing, we could chalk it up to a few people who were being careless, but with these numbers, I believe it shows how we all can be.
I also think it backs up the bible, and what it says about our sin nature.
What are you comparing 3500 abortions to exactly. There are alot of things to consider. Statistics show the abortion rate dropped overall but not among the at or near poverty level families. That tells me that when the economy is bad and unemployment rates are up and minimum wage or a little better is all you can get, the abortion rate increases especially if there is already a child/ren in the home. Obviously pregnancy rates are higher for the poor if they are having more abortions. May be due to affordability of b.c or lack of family planning services such as PP or funds being cut to State Health Dept's.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294338 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>..
thanks Neo.. this thing does not have that..I used to do that on computer. Because I am so longwinded and type awful. But cant sit at ly desk for long periods.
Sometimes this keypad has its own mind..some times it shows words to correct to but sometimes the same space has symbols. It adds letters. And skips them..
Keep fingers crossed..if I win the alotto and get an Ilario. Lil. Easier on you guys too. Lol
One of nh long answers took me 45 minutes to type and try to correct. SIGHS
I've discovered that Topix has a time limit as to how long it takes to finish a post. If I take too long, and I still haven't figured out exactly how long that is, my post disappears into the ether, to either return after I've posted it again, or not at all.

It's a bummer.

Location hidden

#294339 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Geesh did nit mean to say anything about anxiety. Loo..have to try again so autumn correct..
Wow! Be careful what you type, you might end up on the Ellen Degeneres Show for being a Clumbsy Thumbsy.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294340 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Be careful what you type, you might end up on the Ellen Degeneres Show for being a Clumbsy Thumbsy.
Lolol..never heard that one..You crack me up..but I use my middle finger so I might be disqualified..lol.

Well its a bit better eiyhoht ghe "quick" fix but still hard

At least not picking words from thin air.. just adding..subtracting. or gettkng the ndxt door neighbor
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294341 Apr 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I've discovered that Topix has a time limit as to how long it takes to finish a post. If I take too long, and I still haven't figured out exactly how long that is, my post disappears into the ether, to either return after I've posted it again, or not at all.
It's a bummer.
That too..had a long lne...was trying to correct..wound up on the list of forums..havs had that happen 3 times..thought it was me..

GOOD to know

Location hidden

#294342 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolol..never heard that one..You crack me up..but I use my middle finger so I might be disqualified..lol.
Well its a bit better eiyhoht ghe "quick" fix but still hard
At least not picking words from thin air.. just adding..subtracting. or gettkng the ndxt door neighbor
If you can get to youtube....http://www.youtube. com/results?search_query=clums y+thumbsy+ellen+degeneres& oq=Clumbsy&gs_l=youtube.1. 1.0i10l10.4802.6201.0.9754.7.7 .0.0.0.0.93.605.7.7.0...0.0... 1ac.1.11.youtube.g1S4BV6W1N0

Some of them will have curse words but they are real texts sent with auto correct on. I cry laughing so hard.

Location hidden

#294343 Apr 29, 2013
Well that didn't post right. Just go to youtube and search Clumbsy Thumbsy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294344 Apr 29, 2013
Yes. tes, I have. I support the civil rights of born humans--just like the constitution does. That is the essence of civilization.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think circumcision is barbaric?
abortion not?
Have you ever truly thought about it all cpeter?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294345 Apr 29, 2013
What if the child grows up to reject judaism?
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its also a religous practice. According to Genesis:
"And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations. This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, both he who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money, shall surely be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant. Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant." (Genesis 17:9-14)
Of course, its just another thing that gets ignored by those that follow the NT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 27 min Brew In 27,425
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Patriangelily 1,110,245
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 227,740
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri broombroom 200,976
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••