Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
276,461 - 276,480 of 305,177 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>We have adapted - we invented birth control, and legalized the choice to terminate when it fails. Returning to the days when abortion was criminalized, through the closing of abortion clinics, and the persecution of responsible obstetricians who know what they're doing, will only cause more deaths.
<quoted text>I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but, why is it so often about "force" with you, Rose? Force her to have an ultrasound, force the dads to pay child support, and basically attempt to 'force' her to keep her legs closed,'if she knows what's good for her'.
It doesn't work.
<quoted text>Leaving the dumber ones the only ones procreating unintentionally?
What's that going to look like in 50 years?
I know it wont happen. Only wish it had NEVER become law..Maybe it is too late to adapt back..we will never know..I think as a species we are smart enough.
As for force..using contraception is not something you can force but IT would be in her and mans self interest.!!
Still think ultrasounds are good medicine..how can a doc know the true condition of the uterus he is invading etc. I know it can be done without..but were I so inclined I would want it done

I had 2 babies without it..today it is the standard.and I would insist on the best care I could get....Progress should be a good thing..in an abortion clinic as well as an OB office

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it wont happen. Only wish it had NEVER become law..Maybe it is too late to adapt back..we will never know..I think as a species we are smart enough.
As for force..using contraception is not something you can force but IT would be in her and mans self interest.!!
Still think ultrasounds are good medicine..how can a doc know the true condition of the uterus he is invading etc. I know it can be done without..but were I so inclined I would want it done
I had 2 babies without it..today it is the standard.and I would insist on the best care I could get....Progress should be a good thing..in an abortion clinic as well as an OB office
Standard of care is not the province of the government. It is the province of the American Medical Association, and the hospital or clinic at which the doctor practices. The government is not trained in medicine, and should not be the ones to dictate what the standard of care is, any more than insurance companies should.
JMO
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish he could be more of a loving person like you FECES FOR JESUS.@@
sarcasim implied :)
You act as if your so called sarcasm regarding other's not giving a damn about your jesus means something. Personally, in my view, that it pisses you off is a bonus.

Foo and the others i've read here lately are right, you're an arrogant fool, and the more you try to demand respect that YOU YOURSELF DONT GIVE to others beliefs, the more you make an idiot of yourself.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You act as if your so called sarcasm regarding other's not giving a damn about your jesus means something. Personally, in my view, that it pisses you off is a bonus.
Foo and the others i've read here lately are right, you're an arrogant fool, and the more you try to demand respect that YOU YOURSELF DONT GIVE to others beliefs, the more you make an idiot of yourself.
I'm sorry if you think I get "upset" over certain post. Perhaps I should, but I just don't.
I'm sure I have issues, don't we all?
What is wrong with me saying "I believe being gay, abortion, adultery, etc. Are sin and wrong? "
Many feel they are not, like foo -she feels that she is 100% right, that being gay is natural and normal, and no sin whatsoever, and she is for a womans right to choose abortion or not, but I'm pretty sure she views adultery as wrong.
What's wrong with me having a different view then you?

I mean I truly don't get it, yes I can be a jerk and sarcastic and disagree, and self centered when talking about my past, but BUT what I get back goes waaay beyound that. Vile anger towards me and my God, not just a disagreement but just flat out vile anger.

Then others mis understand my heart, and words, and go from one extreme like a smiley face to get lost you creepy?,? Whatever?!?!?

I realize I bring some things on myself, but geeeze.
If I was a pro choice person, and told half the things I did, like finding my father dead at age 9-10, there would've been many offering the condolences.

Please don't get me wrong, that is not what I want, and it has been over 30 years ago, so its not like I dwell on it or nothing.

I'm just pointing out the double standard in which many live by, and yes -me included!

I do not believe in telling people just whatever makes you happy, do it. No matter what god you go with is just fine :)

Why? Becouse I truky went from no God, to GOD in my everyday life.
This stuff is real to me?!?!?!?!
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what, as I reread your post -you're right I can be clueless.
You cannot see, that you defend a guy called FECES FOR JESUS, to me and call me an arrogant.demeaning guy.
so thank you for pointing put, just how ignorant I can be :)
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>What the HELL is this idiot talking about??
Go back to eating, Bitler.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave us free will, pagan. What we do with it is our choice. Some follow his path, others decide to be gay pedophiles, lesbians homosexuals and pagan killers. Free Choice is what you make of it, not God.
And some choose to be haters and hypocrites^^^ while trying, and failing, to advertise themselves as Christians.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing. It is not.
All according to who's dates you put your faith in.
Science has in the past said these fossils are this old, becouse we find them in this layer of earth, then they say this layer of earth is this old, becouse it has these fossils In it.
No G, they say they're old because they do tests like carbon dating. Science does not ask people to simply accept things on faith. Science is about researching and testing and observing, but the most important element is to allow all other interested scientist to also research and do testing. Religion asks us to simply believe something because we're told to, and that is a big difference.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know of skeleton that all scientist agree on as being here before the bible says man should've been here?
I know of many, that have been exposed as frauds or explained.
And there are many frauds in religion. How many claim to be a Prophet? How many use God to steal from people? How many have erroneously lead people to their deaths? How many fanatical cults are out there? So does that mean there are no legitimate clergy and theologians? But even the most learned and dedicated theologian takes what he believes on faith.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to your friend foo, she feels she speaks for all of y'all.
You lied when you made that claim the first time, and you're lying making it AGAIN.

I said no such thing.
Plus I noticed she said I do mean things to jews.
You're lying again, since I said no such thing. Again.
My salvation is based on a Jew.
No, its based on a christian construct. Your jesus has NOTHING to do with Judaism. IF he existed, he gave it up to form a religion around himself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, we don't demean Jews. You demean God by believing in the slaughter of the unborn.
Knutbar, YOU demean humanity with your stupidity.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a faux-Christian troll? I never demened "real" Jews. grumpy is a real jew. The pagan lesbain isn't. She is a faux-jew. She uses the jewish label to justify and protect her anti-Chritian tirades. I know and associate with many people of the jewish Faith and think of them as brethern. Ask your new lesbain buddy about the idea of the "Judeo-Christian" philosophy and see her response. These are evil and vile people. They are the mouthpieces of Satan. You can kiss their azzes if you like, I know better. At some poin they wil turn on you and you will be the newest Christian "troll".
But play along for now. You are either a faux-Christian or just naieve.
You're a moron son. I am not only a Jew, but I'm MORE of a Christian than YOU will ever be.

What is it you want to know about "Judeo-Christian philosophy SPECIFICALLY? I doubt YOU know much about it.

You dont know shit.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen how she spells G-d, unless she's mad, then she has no problem spelling God, with all the trimmings .
Folks say I don't respect their religious views, or them yet so far I haven't used any vile words toward them, and have no idea who their god is, with foo it seems her god allows anything and everything, and all folks go to Heaven, even if they must go somewhere and burn off a few sins first??
Idk -What I do know, "believe" is Jesus saves.
I have seen what He can do.
He loves you and all people, and yet we see what the world thinks of Him.
They curse His name -this Man who came and died for them??
What if He wasn't even real? Still that kinda story would never warrent such a vile responce from so many???!!?
The reason people respond sooo vile toward His message, is becouse He is real, and it tears at their sin filled flesh "man", just like it did those who stoned Steven.
Foo says she is a jew????@@
May I ask if you have any spiritual beliefs?
I believe Jesus existed. I don't believe he was born of a virgin or is the son of a spiritual being. I believe he was a preacher and a good one at that. I don't believe there is a God in the sense that He is a form and He would have to be in the form of a man since the Bible refers to Him as a "he". I don't think Jesus died for our sins, I think he was arrested and crucified for breaking the laws of the Torah. So no, I guess I have no "spiritual" beliefs.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
If the law allowed and stated that a woman may choose to abort her unborn child up to, just before giving birth,for any reason whatsoever? I wonder how many pro "choice" people on here, would still be pro choice.
Many prochoice folk would only be concerned for the safety of the "mom" that wishes to abort her unborn child at 8 1/2 months.
<sigh>

Everything in our society comes with some kind of limits or restrictions. People are free to drink themselves into a coma, but should we complain that their freedom is being infringed upon by making it illegal for them to drive?

That late-term restriction argument just doesn't work. It's weak at best.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just as guilty but spelling out the word that starts with a G and ends in a d is kinda mean. Do you know why she doesn't spell out the word? It's interesting, maybe she'll explain it.
I dont spell out the word, becasue in the Jewish faith, its a sign of disrespect.

This is an interesting quick read as to why its done.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/W...

I was taught from Hebrew school when I was 6 to spell it this way, and just always have.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Sorry ladies a

KATIE and Hither and Plays.

I spent all afternoon typing on this thing and answered all the points at least once. It takes me so long time for each answer. I am not being rude by not answering truly. I think I covered most of it
One thing on Bitner I think..according to the lady doc on the Doctors. Just on today women should get at least one if not more uktrasounds during their pregnancies.

I was close to all three of my daughters. The fox suggested one or more. At various stages..one I was there for was more complicated than another I was present for..

It is standard she did not ask for it they told her it was scheduled. Part of her care.

I have answered the other things at length. Politicians pass laws..parts good and bad.
I don't think FOING an ultrasound to give the doc info is out of line. And should be part of the procedure since they are available and safe

SHE is supposedly making a big choice here..She can get something non invasive as part of it..I AGREE no one should make her look at it..

NOT MUCH MORE to say here. Sorry I lumped my answer to all. I kept trying to be individual
This is really hard to type with..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
I oppose circumcision. It is barbaric, but not necessarily insane. I don't believe a parent should e able to alter the child in any way before the age of majority--no tattoos, no piercings, nothing. Only in the case of actual medical necessity should circumcision be allowed.
BTW--it's mostly the (male) doctor who recommends circumcision, and the father who wants it.
<quoted text>
Actually, its also a religous practice. According to Genesis:

"And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations. This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, both he who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money, shall surely be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant. Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant." (Genesis 17:9-14)

Of course, its just another thing that gets ignored by those that follow the NT.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
If the law allowed and stated that a woman may choose to abort her unborn child up to, just before giving birth,for any reason whatsoever? I wonder how many pro "choice" people on here, would still be pro choice.
Many prochoice folk would only be concerned for the safety of the "mom" that wishes to abort her unborn child at 8 1/2 months.
I would. I wonder how many Pro-lifers would turn their backs on her if she needed comforting or care afterwards? All of you, except maybe Rose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
Sorry ladies a
KATIE and Hither and Plays.
I spent all afternoon typing on this thing and answered all the points at least once. It takes me so long time for each answer. I am not being rude by not answering truly. I think I covered most of it
One thing on Bitner I think..according to the lady doc on the Doctors. Just on today women should get at least one if not more uktrasounds during their pregnancies.
I was close to all three of my daughters. The fox suggested one or more. At various stages..one I was there for was more complicated than another I was present for..
It is standard she did not ask for it they told her it was scheduled. Part of her care.
I have answered the other things at length. Politicians pass laws..parts good and bad.
I don't think FOING an ultrasound to give the doc info is out of line. And should be part of the procedure since they are available and safe
SHE is supposedly making a big choice here..She can get something non invasive as part of it..I AGREE no one should make her look at it..
NOT MUCH MORE to say here. Sorry I lumped my answer to all. I kept trying to be individual
This is really hard to type with..
hate when that happens. If you can and you know you have a lot to say. Type it up in notepad or some other word program, then c&p it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••