Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,190
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294297 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Sorry ladies a
KATIE and Hither and Plays.
I spent all afternoon typing on this thing and answered all the points at least once. It takes me so long time for each answer. I am not being rude by not answering truly. I think I covered most of it
One thing on Bitner I think..according to the lady doc on the Doctors. Just on today women should get at least one if not more uktrasounds during their pregnancies.
I was close to all three of my daughters. The fox suggested one or more. At various stages..one I was there for was more complicated than another I was present for..
It is standard she did not ask for it they told her it was scheduled. Part of her care.
I have answered the other things at length. Politicians pass laws..parts good and bad.
I don't think FOING an ultrasound to give the doc info is out of line. And should be part of the procedure since they are available and safe
SHE is supposedly making a big choice here..She can get something non invasive as part of it..I AGREE no one should make her look at it..
NOT MUCH MORE to say here. Sorry I lumped my answer to all. I kept trying to be individual
This is really hard to type with..
hate when that happens. If you can and you know you have a lot to say. Type it up in notepad or some other word program, then c&p it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294298 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen how she spells G-d, unless she's mad, then she has no problem spelling God, with all the trimmings .
WTF are you LYING about now?

I DEFY you to find a SINGLE instance where I've spelled out the word G-d ANYWHERE. I do not now, never have and never will.

If you're talking about me spelling the word 'jebus', well, since he's NOT g-d, your point is moot as well as stupid.
Folks say I don't respect their religious views, or them yet so far I haven't used any vile words toward them, and have no idea who their god is, with foo it seems her god allows anything and everything, and all folks go to Heaven, even if they must go somewhere and burn off a few sins first??
ROFLMAO YOu're a moron son. AGAIN, I've never said ANYTHING of the kind.
They curse His name -this Man who came and died for them??
Oh fk off Gtown. Your jebus didn't die for me. And if he died for idiots like you, then he was a bigger moron than YOU will ever be.
What if He wasn't even real? Still that kinda story would never warrent such a vile responce from so many???!!?
WHAT "kinda" story @@??

The vile responses are to YOU and YOUR moronic stories, nothing more, nothing less. ANY comments you make to the contrary are simply more of your lies.
The reason people respond sooo vile toward His message, is becouse He is real, and it tears at their sin filled flesh "man", just like it did those who stoned Steven.
Oh horseshit. Your view of his message is meaningless, just like you are.
Foo says she is a jew????
Yes dear, I am. What of it? You going to try to demean Judaism some more?

Location hidden

#294299 Apr 29, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a stupid man. People are not responding in a vile manner to any message from your pretend god, they're responding in a vile manner to YOU. The message doesn't mean shit, and the messinger - YOU - is an idiot.
Why are you asking about someoen elses spiritual beliefs? So you can demean them too?
I should have read ahead. GTMA! LOL

Location hidden

#294301 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know I was demeaning others spiritual beliefs.
You claim ignorance a LOT, even AFTER you've been told time and time again. Yet you keep doing it. Your lies are becoming more numerous.
I can't think of any religion that gets more of that, then christianity.
You mistake (as usual) disrespect for YOU and the followers and criminals that call themselves christian with disrespect for the faith.

Personally, I believe its a beautiful religion, that's been bastardized by your kind.

Its YOU that's demeaned, not the religion.

Oh, and I still love ole foo :) and ak47 :)
Not speaking for AK, but for me, you can keep it. I believe you're lying as you usually do. As I said before, "love" from your kind is sickening.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294302 Apr 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Standard of care is not the province of the government. It is the province of the American Medical Association, and the hospital or clinic at which the doctor practices. The government is not trained in medicine, and should not be the ones to dictate what the standard of care is, any more than insurance companies should.
JMO
Isn't that what the Fed is doing with parts of the new health care. Of course this is why some of the older docs are retiring early. They do it..
I don't like a lot of it but if I want health care I have no choice. If I want to work in. Docs office I have no choice.
The phrase that comes to mind is big girl pants.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294303 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont spell out the word, becasue in the Jewish faith, its a sign of disrespect.
This is an interesting quick read as to why its done.
http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/W...
I was taught from Hebrew school when I was 6 to spell it this way, and just always have.
I did not know that Foo. Very interesting. Learn something new everyday.

Location hidden

#294304 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

What's wrong with me having a different view then you?
As usual, you miss the point. Willful stupidity is your forte.

Nothing is wrong with you having a different view.

What's "wrong" is you constantly beating everyone over the head with those views as if they should have meaning to us.

You constantly disrespect others spiritual views and religious beliefs, you are SO repetitive as to be nauseating. You are the epitome of EVERYTHING that's wrong with your "faith".

Its all about YOU and YOUR experiences. We KNOW it already. STFU about it already.

Others that are people of faith manage quite nicely to discuss, WHEN APPROPRIATE, their faith, without being thoroughly obnoxious about it like you are. Rose is a good example of this.

All you've managed to do is create a situation where you're a joke, and you have little or no credibility here. You dont give a shit about the topic of abortion, you ONLY care about your "testimony". Its old. Its boring and its ridiculous.

I will admit I will NEVER understand why your kind are perfectly okay with being the poster children for extremism in American religion. You harm your cause and seem okay with that. Its stupid.
Gtown71

United States

#294305 Apr 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
No G, they say they're old because they do tests like carbon dating. Science does not ask people to simply accept things on faith. Science is about researching and testing and observing, but the most important element is to allow all other interested scientist to also research and do testing. Religion asks us to simply believe something because we're told to, and that is a big difference.
I agree with much of what science does, and very thankful for science.

You believe carbon dating is a good way to date things? I thought they have had issues with some of that?

I think God shows us enough, just in His creation.
All things made now must be planned, and created, so I just can't see how way back then, things just sorta evolved?!

Male / female.
i would think we wouldn't have or need those in evolution.
Gtown71

United States

#294306 Apr 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And there are many frauds in religion. How many claim to be a Prophet? How many use God to steal from people? How many have erroneously lead people to their deaths? How many fanatical cults are out there? So does that mean there are no legitimate clergy and theologians? But even the most learned and dedicated theologian takes what he believes on faith.
Yes, I agree there are many many bad deals, counterfeits, etc...
They only counterfeit something that has much worth.

Satan is very good at what He does.
Although I do believe by faith, I also have been showed and given all I need.

When something as Big as God comes into something as small as man, it is something you never forget, or get over.

Location hidden

#294307 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a pro choice person, and told half the things I did, like finding my father dead at age 9-10, there would've been many offering the condolences.
I just want to comment on this.

I need to point out that its funny how you ignore that the FIRST time you told this "story", you WERE given condolences. By people on BOTH sides of the abortion issue.

After the 35th time, nobody cares anymore, and moreover - TELLS you so.

You dont know when enough is enough already, and THAT is willful ignorance, and its NOT endearing.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#294308 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Sorry ladies a
KATIE and Hither and Plays.
I spent all afternoon typing on this thing and answered all the points at least once. It takes me so long time for each answer. I am not being rude by not answering truly. I think I covered most of it
One thing on Bitner I think..according to the lady doc on the Doctors. Just on today women should get at least one if not more uktrasounds during their pregnancies.
I was close to all three of my daughters. The fox suggested one or more. At various stages..one I was there for was more complicated than another I was present for..
It is standard she did not ask for it they told her it was scheduled. Part of her care.
I have answered the other things at length. Politicians pass laws..parts good and bad.
I don't think FOING an ultrasound to give the doc info is out of line. And should be part of the procedure since they are available and safe
SHE is supposedly making a big choice here..She can get something non invasive as part of it..I AGREE no one should make her look at it..
NOT MUCH MORE to say here. Sorry I lumped my answer to all. I kept trying to be individual
This is really hard to type with..
Rose, I realize you're having issues with the device you're using. Don't sweat it. Your posts are pretty straight forward and consistent. If you don't respond specifically to a post by me, you've responded to others with similar questions. I might give you some good natured teasing... but really, it's not a big deal.

Regarding ultrasounds, I just wanted to be sure you understood that during pregnancy, OBs perform ultrasounds at specific times looking for specific development during specific time frames.

When a woman is intending to terminate her pregnancy, the ultrasound may be performed or is usually performed, but as you've agreed, the woman may or may not look at it.

The issue isn't the effectiveness of the ultrasound or the ultrasound itself. It's forcing women to have the trans-vaginal one when it's not exactly necessary all the time (my understanding is these are used for cervix and other related issues). Or forcing women to look at the monitor while being told all about the baby's growth and development. That is overstepping the doctor/patient relationship and infringes on the doctor's constitutional rights as well as the woman's. And all for an unwanted/unhealthy embryo/fetus.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#294309 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree there are many many bad deals, counterfeits, etc...
They only counterfeit something that has much worth.
Satan is very good at what He does.
Although I do believe by faith, I also have been showed and given all I need.
When something as Big as God comes into something as small as man, it is something you never forget, or get over.
And your posts still only convince those who are already convinced.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294310 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its also a religous practice. According to Genesis:
"And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations. This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, both he who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money, shall surely be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant. Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant." (Genesis 17:9-14)
Of course, its just another thing that gets ignored by those that follow the NT.
Just reread that in a book I was reading

My son was adopted by Conservative Jewish parents..strange thing is..At 17 I perked at the chart and it said do not circumcise..Little clue for miss nosey here.
40 plus years later when first talking to my daughter in law to be and trying to figure out if her finance was my son.(she found me through a post on a website thrum afriend I had not seen in 2 years..anyway one of the questions I asked was if he was Jewish. I had put together that the circumcision was done obviously in a religious setting..
They had lied to me ..the lawyer etc on most things..told me he went to anew York..he lived here in So Fl..Made me use a fake name to go in the hospital..
very secret..thankfully I remembered it when I filled out the state form by which we confirmed that he was my son..AsYou can imagine. Lots of drama.

So obviously as far back as the sixties they did some circumcisions at birth..

Can you imagine the shock but obedience of all those men in Abraham's camp..
And didn't the brothers of Dinah trick the men of a tribe one of whom had sex with her . Was she in love w him..I forget. But anyway then they killed them..
So many rich stories in the Old Testament..and interesting the way they lived.

SO anyway my son is Jewish.

DID YOUsee that Historyvl channel series on the Bible. It was good but they skipped some stories like Joseph.but had a lot about Abraham....I warched the first 3 so far.

Looks like the series is still on On Demand fir anyone interested

Location hidden

#294311 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I did not know that Foo. Very interesting. Learn something new everyday.
For me, its something I was taught (the spelling) and have just always done it. As an adult and understanding why its done, I do it from conviction now if that makes sense. You'll often see others that aren't Jewish spell it that way too, and that's a two pronged show of respect, one for G-d, and one for the respect for others as well as an understanding why its done.

Location hidden

#294312 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with much of what science does, and very thankful for science.
You believe carbon dating is a good way to date things? I thought they have had issues with some of that?
I think God shows us enough, just in His creation.
All things made now must be planned, and created, so I just can't see how way back then, things just sorta evolved?!
Male / female.
i would think we wouldn't have or need those in evolution.
LNM, I have to give you credit for patience. I've NEVER seen anyone as DELIBERATELY obtuse (except perhaps for Inkstain) as this idiot is.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294313 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep saying tge doctor needs to look in a clinic or a regulat ob. Tge woman aborting or delivering does not. IT IS a standard of care BUT if she wants to it is there for her to look af. Why is everyone so afraid she will look or change her mind. I really do not understand.
Pkease ses I did answer best as pissible on Canada
But the subject was the laws worded to force a woman to look at, or to hear described, the ultrasound. Again, no one is saying she shouldn't be able to look if she wants. We're saying those laws that force her to serve no purpose but manipulation. Why do you keep ignoring that?

As per your last post, I never said that more restrictions cause more abortions. I'm saying that restricting it entirely will not cause less. There is a difference.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294314 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>hate when that happens. If you can and you know you have a lot to say. Type it up in notepad or some other word program, then c&p it.

thanks Neo.. this thing does not have that..I used to do that on computer. Because I am so longwinded and type awful. But cant sit at ly desk for long periods.

Sometimes this keypad has its own mind..some times it shows words to correct to but sometimes the same space has symbols. It adds letters. And skips them..

Keep fingers crossed..if I win the alotto and get an Ilario. Lil. Easier on you guys too. Lol

One of nh long answers took me 45 minutes to type and try to correct. SIGHS

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294315 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read. I think the law in a case it exists feels that this should be a standard of care..docs knowing MOREabout tge pregnancy. Maybe some are trying to preclude unsafe practices. I just dont see why more info is NOT bettef than less when it comes to womens bodies and procedures.
If some states dont do it ..than to me the woman is getting less care.
They are not bombarding her with xrays or using dosing her with extra drugs. Well unless she went to Gosnell
SORRY Bitner. Just dont see thexharm.
That's because you are not listening to what is actually being said. No one is objecting to an ultrasound being done. No one is objecting to the woman looking at the ultrasound if she wishes. What we're objecting to is a law that will force a doctor to do an ultrasound even if there is no medical necessity, and force the woman to either look at it, or hear it describe, for the sole purpose of manipulating her decision. Such manipulation is wrong, no matter who does it. It's no less wrong to try to manipulate her into not having an abortion than it is to try to manipulate her into having one.
Gtown71

United States

#294316 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I would. I wonder how many Pro-lifers would turn their backs on her if she needed comforting or care afterwards? All of you, except maybe Rose.
Well, you would be wrong. I would help her if she needed my help.

I show mercy and grace, since sooo much has been showed to me.
No.matter if someone else shoots you, or you shoot yourself, it still hurts and is still a wound.

I truly feel bad for the women in abortion as well.
Many may not have a problem with the numbers, but I do.

I may not have the answer, but there must be a better way, then what we have now.

To me, it is nothing less then a bi product of fallen man.
We have a sin nature, and do what feels good "at the momment", not giving much thought about the future.

I don't believe, out of all the abortions done each day, that one single one of those ladies got pregnant on purpose, just to have an abortion.

Many if not most were cases of in the momment, with someone they wouldn't have a kid with, but would have sex with, and just let it all go.

If this were a rare thing, we could chalk it up to a few people who were being careless, but with these numbers, I believe it shows how we all can be.

I also think it backs up the bible, and what it says about our sin nature.

Location hidden

#294317 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just reread that in a book I was reading
My son was adopted by Conservative Jewish parents..strange thing is..At 17 I perked at the chart and it said do not circumcise..Little clue for miss nosey here.
40 plus years later when first talking to my daughter in law to be and trying to figure out if her finance was my son.(she found me through a post on a website thrum afriend I had not seen in 2 years..anyway one of the questions I asked was if he was Jewish. I had put together that the circumcision was done obviously in a religious setting..
They had lied to me ..the lawyer etc on most things..told me he went to anew York..he lived here in So Fl..Made me use a fake name to go in the hospital..
very secret..thankfully I remembered it when I filled out the state form by which we confirmed that he was my son..AsYou can imagine. Lots of drama.
So obviously as far back as the sixties they did some circumcisions at birth..
Circumcision's were always done for Jewish boys, not just in the 60's. They still are, as its a fullfillment of G-d command in Genesis.

I'm so sorry you were lied to - that's not right, but yeah, I could have told you they'd do it, as if you look at the passage, it also applies to "adopted" children that were not born of a Jewish mother. Adoption is effectively an "automatic" conversion for a baby and its cemented so to speak not only by the circumcision, but also by the naming. He would have had an offical naming as well. Do you know his Hebrew name and what the name means? If you dont, ask, its really interesting!
Can you imagine the shock but obedience of all those men in Abraham's camp..
LOL Yeah. I know adult men who've converted and had to be circumsized, but it wasn't by a rabbi or mohel, it was in a hospital with LOTS of drugs LOL!!
SO anyway my son is Jewish.
Mazel Tov! <<grin>>
DID YOUsee that Historyvl channel series on the Bible. It was good but they skipped some stories like Joseph.but had a lot about Abraham....I warched the first 3 so far.
Looks like the series is still on On Demand fir anyone interested
Yes, I watched many of them and really was impressed.

My FAVORITE to this day however remains The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston. Every year, without fail, we watch it.

LOL And there's a scene in it where Moses comes down off the mountain after seeing G-d for the first time, and his hair is snow white.

Now his wife hasn't seen him in months, and what's the VERY first thing she says?

"Oh Moses - your hair"!

LOL Cracks me up EVERY time! LOVE that movie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min Insults Are Easier 229,855
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Emeem 1,124,285
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr Earthling-1 1,473
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr Becky 437
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Trojan 27,879
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Mary Downformore 201,188
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE