Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310365 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294334 Apr 29, 2013
Lol AUTO CORRECT
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294335 Apr 29, 2013
Honestly I dont drink!!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294336 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you would be wrong. I would help her if she needed my help.
I show mercy and grace, since sooo much has been showed to me.
No.matter if someone else shoots you, or you shoot yourself, it still hurts and is still a wound.
I truly feel bad for the women in abortion as well.
Many may not have a problem with the numbers, but I do.
I may not have the answer, but there must be a better way, then what we have now.
To me, it is nothing less then a bi product of fallen man.
We have a sin nature, and do what feels good "at the momment", not giving much thought about the future.
I don't believe, out of all the abortions done each day, that one single one of those ladies got pregnant on purpose, just to have an abortion.
Many if not most were cases of in the momment, with someone they wouldn't have a kid with, but would have sex with, and just let it all go.
If this were a rare thing, we could chalk it up to a few people who were being careless, but with these numbers, I believe it shows how we all can be.
I also think it backs up the bible, and what it says about our sin nature.
What are you comparing 3500 abortions to exactly. There are alot of things to consider. Statistics show the abortion rate dropped overall but not among the at or near poverty level families. That tells me that when the economy is bad and unemployment rates are up and minimum wage or a little better is all you can get, the abortion rate increases especially if there is already a child/ren in the home. Obviously pregnancy rates are higher for the poor if they are having more abortions. May be due to affordability of b.c or lack of family planning services such as PP or funds being cut to State Health Dept's.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294338 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>..
thanks Neo.. this thing does not have that..I used to do that on computer. Because I am so longwinded and type awful. But cant sit at ly desk for long periods.
Sometimes this keypad has its own mind..some times it shows words to correct to but sometimes the same space has symbols. It adds letters. And skips them..
Keep fingers crossed..if I win the alotto and get an Ilario. Lil. Easier on you guys too. Lol
One of nh long answers took me 45 minutes to type and try to correct. SIGHS
I've discovered that Topix has a time limit as to how long it takes to finish a post. If I take too long, and I still haven't figured out exactly how long that is, my post disappears into the ether, to either return after I've posted it again, or not at all.

It's a bummer.

Location hidden

#294339 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Geesh did nit mean to say anything about anxiety. Loo..have to try again so autumn correct..
Wow! Be careful what you type, you might end up on the Ellen Degeneres Show for being a Clumbsy Thumbsy.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294340 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! Be careful what you type, you might end up on the Ellen Degeneres Show for being a Clumbsy Thumbsy.
Lolol..never heard that one..You crack me up..but I use my middle finger so I might be disqualified..lol.

Well its a bit better eiyhoht ghe "quick" fix but still hard

At least not picking words from thin air.. just adding..subtracting. or gettkng the ndxt door neighbor
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294341 Apr 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I've discovered that Topix has a time limit as to how long it takes to finish a post. If I take too long, and I still haven't figured out exactly how long that is, my post disappears into the ether, to either return after I've posted it again, or not at all.
It's a bummer.
That too..had a long lne...was trying to correct..wound up on the list of forums..havs had that happen 3 times..thought it was me..

GOOD to know

Location hidden

#294342 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lolol..never heard that one..You crack me up..but I use my middle finger so I might be disqualified..lol.
Well its a bit better eiyhoht ghe "quick" fix but still hard
At least not picking words from thin air.. just adding..subtracting. or gettkng the ndxt door neighbor
If you can get to youtube....http://www.youtube. com/results?search_query=clums y+thumbsy+ellen+degeneres& oq=Clumbsy&gs_l=youtube.1. 1.0i10l10.4802.6201.0.9754.7.7 .0.0.0.0.93.605.7.7.0...0.0... 1ac.1.11.youtube.g1S4BV6W1N0

Some of them will have curse words but they are real texts sent with auto correct on. I cry laughing so hard.

Location hidden

#294343 Apr 29, 2013
Well that didn't post right. Just go to youtube and search Clumbsy Thumbsy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294344 Apr 29, 2013
Yes. tes, I have. I support the civil rights of born humans--just like the constitution does. That is the essence of civilization.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You think circumcision is barbaric?
abortion not?
Have you ever truly thought about it all cpeter?

Indianapolis

#294345 Apr 29, 2013
What if the child grows up to reject judaism?
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its also a religous practice. According to Genesis:
"And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations. This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, both he who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money, shall surely be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant. Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant." (Genesis 17:9-14)
Of course, its just another thing that gets ignored by those that follow the NT.

Indianapolis

#294346 Apr 29, 2013
I think she said she was typing on a kindle. It's hard as hell to do that unless you've teeny-tiny hands. Cut and paste doesn't really happen.
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>hate when that happens. If you can and you know you have a lot to say. Type it up in notepad or some other word program, then c&p it.

Indianapolis

#294347 Apr 29, 2013
You can't even WALK afterwards, sometimes! Trust me....
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
When something as Big as God comes into something as small as man, it is something you never forget, or get over.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294348 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL I know, and they're quite boisterous about it too from what I hear LOL!
Not sure if you lije fiction. Read from Jill Eileen Smith wives of the patriarchs Sarai and Rebekkah so far in the series..They were goid. I know fiction...but I have learned customs from some of the books I read think I read 3 about Esther..best was One Night With the King very detsiled book if I remdmber correctly

Also anything by the Thoenes..they are Christian but have a series of books about the time of Ww2 and what kead up yo it and after ..the trials and obstacles to founding and keeping Isreal..
so many obstacles and powers in the way

If you go to thoenebooks.com and look under books..they list all the series and give an idea of what they are about..if you lije historical fiction that is well researched.:)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294349 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
Well that didn't post right. Just go to youtube and search Clumbsy Thumbsy.
Hysterical...thanks watched about 4 of them Thanks soooo much lol
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294350 Apr 29, 2013
Nite all..and God bless
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294351 Apr 29, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You're actually starting to sound like a Skinhead.
You already sound like a Christian hating pagan, pagan!
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294352 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a moron son. I am not only a Jew, but I'm MORE of a Christian than YOU will ever be.
What is it you want to know about "Judeo-Christian philosophy SPECIFICALLY? I doubt YOU know much about it.
You dont know shit.
I know you are filled with rage and hate. I know that your vile and uncontrolled outbursts are a cry for help. I know that real jews do not condone or perform marriages between two women.

I also know you are about as jewish as a pork loin. You are a
Christian hating faux-jew pagan. You live in your fantasy world as a way to cover your overt hatred of all thin s good and Holy.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#294353 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, its also a religous practice. According to Genesis:
"And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations. This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you: Every male among you shall be circumcised. You shall be circumcised in the flesh of your foreskins, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and you. He who is eight days old among you shall be circumcised. Every male throughout your generations, whether born in your house or bought with your money from any foreigner who is not of your offspring, both he who is born in your house and he who is bought with your money, shall surely be circumcised. So shall my covenant be in your flesh an everlasting covenant. Any uncircumcised male who is not circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin shall be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant." (Genesis 17:9-14)
Of course, its just another thing that gets ignored by those that follow the NT.
It is an outdated mutilation of male babies. It is a practice that should be outlawed in civilized socities. I can only imnagine how you lesbain pagans would be howling if a "religion" demanded females be mutilated for life a few days after birth.

Disgusting ceremony, that is rooted in hygine not religion.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294354 Apr 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumcision's were always done for Jewish boys, not just in the 60's. They still are, as its a fullfillment of G-d command in Genesis.
I'm so sorry you were lied to - that's not right, but yeah, I could have told you they'd do it, as if you look at the passage, it also applies to "adopted" children that were not born of a Jewish mother. Adoption is effectively an "automatic" conversion for a baby and its cemented so to speak not only by the circumcision, but also by the naming. He would have had an offical naming as well. Do you know his Hebrew name and what the name means? If you dont, ask, its really interesting!
<quoted text>
LOL Yeah. I know adult men who've converted and had to be circumsized, but it wasn't by a rabbi or mohel, it was in a hospital with LOTS of drugs LOL!!
<quoted text> Mazel Tov! <<grin>>
<quoted text>
Yes, I watched many of them and really was impressed.
My FAVORITE to this day however remains The Ten Commandments with Charlton Heston. Every year, without fail, we watch it.
LOL And there's a scene in it where Moses comes down off the mountain after seeing G-d for the first time, and his hair is snow white.
Now his wife hasn't seen him in months, and what's the VERY first thing she says?
"Oh Moses - your hair"!
LOL Cracks me up EVERY time! LOVE that movie!
"The Ten Commandments" is one of my favorites too. Ya just can't beat Yul Brynner and Charlton Heston in the same movie!!

One time my sister and I were watching The Ten Commandments and talking about Charlton Heston. My daughter, who was about 3, walked into the room and asked who Charlton Heston was. We pointed him out on the and she asked; "How did Moses grow up to be Charlton Heston?" LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,264,308
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min Knowledge- 245,130
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr IBdaMann 6,505
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web