Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,823)

Showing posts 276,441 - 276,460 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultrasounds for medical purposes are for the DOCTOR'S need. It's only incidental that patients are given copies as keepsakes. If an ultrasound must be done for safety sake, it's for the DOCTOR only. Laws requiring the woman to look at it, or hear about it, or even for it to be done when not medically necessary are not "informing" anyone. They are attempts to manipulate the woman, period. That is wrong.
If she changes her mind due to that manipulation, HOW is that any different from the woman who has an abortion due to the manipulation of/pressure from her husband?
If it were a doctor shoving the ultrasound into her face and describing forcefully to the woman any abnormalities in order to manipulate her into HAVING an abortion, how would you feel about that? If it is wrong to attempt to persuade her to HAVE an abortion, it's just as wrong to attempt to persuade her to NOT have one.
IF THE WOMAN looks at the ultrasound..and sees what is inside her and changes her mind because she chooses to..maybe she had doubts in tbe first place. WHY would her changing her mjnd matter to anyone..maybe part of her thinks its her baby ..part of her buys into its just some cells..who knows..I said nothing about shoving anything into anyones face. If it helps the doc and she wants to close her eyes. WHY NOT help the doc. HE is doing the invasive procedure. ESP if she is more than a few weeks along.
And of course a woman should not be forced into an abortion BUT she most certai ly has the right to know if her baby has abnormalities..INFORMED..corre ctly I might add. As in the case I mentioned previously where an early test shows signs of possible Downs but then later tests show tge baby to be normal ..in this cass..the woman would nevef have an abotion BUT did a lot of researc on Downs....

IN any place other than an abortion clknic all info is required.. But its like saying all these women are so frail they cant make thd RIGHT decision if they decide its NOT just a clump of cells but her baby. BITNER we fought for equality..knowledge comes along with that. If an abortion does not happen..it takes nothing away from her choice..HOPEFULLY she is NOT achild and knows what she is doing.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

a little something to read,pretty much on the money
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/04/21/pro-l...

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IF THE WOMAN looks at the ultrasound..and sees what is inside her and changes her mind because she chooses to..maybe she had doubts in tbe first place. WHY would her changing her mjnd matter to anyone..maybe part of her thinks its her baby ..part of her buys into its just some cells..who knows..I said nothing about shoving anything into anyones face. If it helps the doc and she wants to close her eyes. WHY NOT help the doc. HE is doing the invasive procedure. ESP if she is more than a few weeks along.
And of course a woman should not be forced into an abortion BUT she most certai ly has the right to know if her baby has abnormalities..INFORMED..corre ctly I might add. As in the case I mentioned previously where an early test shows signs of possible Downs but then later tests show tge baby to be normal ..in this cass..the woman would nevef have an abotion BUT did a lot of researc on Downs....
IN any place other than an abortion clknic all info is required.. But its like saying all these women are so frail they cant make thd RIGHT decision if they decide its NOT just a clump of cells but her baby. BITNER we fought for equality..knowledge comes along with that. If an abortion does not happen..it takes nothing away from her choice..HOPEFULLY she is NOT achild and knows what she is doing.
These ultrasounds aren't free Rose. It drives up the cost for her and could delay an inevitable abortion by several weeks. If the state is going to enforce it, the state should pay for the ultrasound imo. This is a good example of how restrictions that are meant to decrease abortions actually make it more dangerous by delaying them.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. No woman is required to look at an ultrasound in an OB/GYNs office, Rose. And one is not required to be performed on any pregnant woman there unless the doctor thinks it's necessary. And even then, a woman can refuse to even have one.

You are wrong. In NO other medical situation is a person forced to have a medically unnecessary procedure in order to have another legal procedure done. None. And you really need to stop ignoring the fact that we are not talking about anything OTHER than a doctor being FORCED to perform one, and her being FORCED to look at/hear about one by law.

If a woman chooses to look, and changes her mind, that is one thing. If she is FORCED to look, that is manipulation, and that's another. Just like it is if a woman's husband browbeats her into having an abortion. BOTH are wrong. Those laws are not done for the purpose of information, but to manipulate the outcome. That is wrong. Period.

YOU are assuming she doesn't already know what's there. And there is no evidence, in states where these kinds of laws are already in place, that it has changed even ONE woman's mind in the first place. Yet they've had to pay for an unnecessary medical procedure with no other purpose that to TRY to change her mind, because some busybodies want to affect the outcome. It's none of their business.

WHO should make our medical decisions for us, Rose? Us, with the expert advice of our physicians? Or politicians who have no medical training, and who are just trying to fulfill a political agenda?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Rose. Many so called "christians" here, such as Gtown and Tomtom (who you just responded to), Knutter among others - consistantly demean Jews and anyone else of different faiths. I apologize to YOU and to other actual Christians if I come across as harsh, but having one's faith constantly demeaned and bastardized by these fools is ridiculous, PARTICULARLY when they whine that its done to them constantly.
I gave a link in my previous post you may find interesting.
Read most of that page i do know Jews do not believe He was Messiah. Obviously I do. I believe He will the prophecies that are mentioned..When He returns. I believe He did fulfill some of them Isaih for one. I wish I was more knowledgeable on prophecy.

And at that time. The end of what we know as the world now. The Messiah will come. We will All know Who He is:)

But one of my pet peeves..is putting down people of the Jewish faith. To me..and most Christians..we are the adooted chikdren of Abraham. This was told that he would be father to many nations.

There are Jews who believe He was Messiah..Messianic .. and more who dont..As I say we will all know soon enough..until then ..we have the freedom to believe what we do.

Do I hate when people make fun of my lord..ljke feces..you bet. But as I say..it is not mg pkace to put down those who worship the same God as I do..or anyone else..for their Faith. DESPite What I believe. And why on earth Would Anyone Listen To What I Say About Jesus if I make fun of their religious beliefs. I may feel they are way off. Then I just try not to comment.

But the Old Testament is part of my own beliefs. If I mock it ..I mock myself and the Jew who is my Lord.

As I said in my last post ..lol. I try to shut my kindle if I get really riled up. Prince caught me at a bad moment and enough is enough. And peolle making fun of or cursing me. I try not to answer. Z :)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

PLAYA I could not reply on your long post

PLEASE see my post to Ocean about tge ultrasounds. They are a tool for the docs and maybe they should be part of the protocol ..Maybe in an early pregnancy tge can see an ectopic one. You mention vaginal ones..good. anyway please read post to Ocean.

On child abuse..you ars absolutely right. WE as a society need to protect all children. I would like to see them get eye for eye treatment..unfortunately in a lot of cases they are passing on what they got..Sadly.
if I was on a jury for a child molester..and could I would sentence them to stuff I cannot put in print..

Thing is I have no control over any of it..asI have been repeatedly tokd here. But as a society the ending or abusing of innicent life IMHO..diminishes us..

Akso on tge ultrasound..we ars not tgat frail as I said to Ocean that changing our mind IF WD LOOK at an ultrasound makes us weak. And if ut makes abortion even one iota safer..it should be required..we have technology to use.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention it's incorrect. If sin entered the world, it entered by way of Eve. She was the first to disobey, but then again it doesn't say she knew about the instructions God had given Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge. Isn't it just like a man to forget to tell his wife something important like that? I bet he thinks it was an apple too.

Hate laughing at anything on belief..but lol..

Actually I think he gave her too much info ss in dobt touch it. Thus it was easier for the serpent to tempt her. Or so sme scholars believe.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
PLAYA I could not reply on your long post
PLEASE see my post to Ocean about tge ultrasounds. They are a tool for the docs and maybe they should be part of the protocol ..Maybe in an early pregnancy tge can see an ectopic one. You mention vaginal ones..good. anyway please read post to Ocean.
On child abuse..you ars absolutely right. WE as a society need to protect all children. I would like to see them get eye for eye treatment..unfortunately in a lot of cases they are passing on what they got..Sadly.
if I was on a jury for a child molester..and could I would sentence them to stuff I cannot put in print..
Thing is I have no control over any of it..asI have been repeatedly tokd here. But as a society the ending or abusing of innicent life IMHO..diminishes us..
Akso on tge ultrasound..we ars not tgat frail as I said to Ocean that changing our mind IF WD LOOK at an ultrasound makes us weak. And if ut makes abortion even one iota safer..it should be required..we have technology to use.
A WOMAN being forced to look at, or even voluntarily looking at, an ultrasound won't make the abortion any safer.

Still waiting for you to address my one post about the abortion rates in countries where it is currently illegal, and in Canada where there are no legal restrictions.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Just a suggestion; we all have to find our own path.

I find it interesting that my post to you got a negative icon. Hmmm...
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I used anti-depressants for a while when I kept having miscarriages....and hated the 'out of body' feeling they left me with. I really don't have any interest in using them again. But thanks for the suggestion.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Name these scientists.

By your logic, foreskins are a part of a man's life. Having them removed is a form of insanity.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet there are those who contend that people should not hurt themselves. That people who are mentally unstable should receive help. It has been speculated by scientists, that preganant women going for an abortion are suffering from a form of temporary insanity,or a type of panic attack. The abortionists use this as a way to take advantage of vulnerable womnen and give them an abortion. Medicine should help these women to understand that being pregnant is natural and not fear it. Preganancy is part of a woman's life. The idea that unborn children are easily disposable "mistakes" is indeed a form of insanity.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>This might come as a shock, but Prophets are not held in high esteem in the Old Testament. It was the Priests, who performed all religious acts. The prophets were enemies of the Priests.
The irony is that those whom opposed the Priests in Jerusalem were the Pharisees (prophets) so Jesus would have been a Pharisee and in Christianity Pharisees are hipocrites.
Jesus. Who wss NOT a Pharisee was put to death fir political reasons more than religious..though it was all tied together. NOT even sure that the High Priests of Herods time were even of the tribe of priests..Herid was an Idumean not even Jewish.

But Jesus knew he would be sacrificed and asked God to forgive his killers.

He was loved by many of His followers who were Jews. He preached peace and love.

Unfortunately many Jews havs been persecuted on the lie that they killed Jesus..THOUGH IF ONE LOOKS CLOSELY at those like Hitler..he was no mire a folloer of Jesus than the man in the moon.
The Jews had things ..money..land etc that they wanted. IT WAS all a sham an excuse ..in his case..he wanted all the things everyone had
Jesus never said to kill those who do Not believe inHim..that is human sin. Not Gods plan
We believe Jesus came to sacrifice for us on the Cross but to leave us with a way to come to God in love..repentance and peace.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes, but it only boils because the stove is a direct conduit to "god's glory."
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>The boy is a true moron Bit. His idea of 'scientific method' is watching water boil.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I said the Topix Community. A community is a little bit larger than one or two ppl.@@ dealing with a damn 4th grader here.
Tell that to your friend foo, she feels she speaks for all of y'all :)

Plus I noticed she said I do mean things to jews. Lol

My salvation is based on a Jew.:)

May God bless the Jews :)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, the situation in countries where abortion is currently illegal prove your speculation wrong.
I don't know if you addressed my post from yesterday, or if you didn't see it, so I'll ask again. Are you aware that in Canada, a country that has NO legal restrictions to abortion, there were only slightly more than 64,000 abortions in the latest recorded year, and have had less than 4,000,000 performed since abortion was decriminalized?
RvW doesn't give anyone a "pass", it gives women a choice, and the best possibility of doing what many would do anyway safely.
On the Canada thing..and I did not see it..anyway I have no answer. OBVIOUSLY they are doing something else to prevent pregnancy or having mord babies.

But I cannog imagine that having somd rsstri tions here. A few. Makes womdn have mord. If tgat is what yoh mean..its illogical. Bug maybe I am misunderstanding the post?

IF THEYard hsving so many fewer..Thsnk God and wd should figurs out wht becsuse abortion is Not Criminalized here. So that is not why. So whatever else they are doing ..we should too.

Of course I think even 64 thou is high also bug nothing like here.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Rose. Many so called "christians" here, such as Gtown and Tomtom (who you just responded to), Knutter among others - consistantly demean Jews and anyone else of different faiths. I apologize to YOU and to other actual Christians if I come across as harsh, but having one's faith constantly demeaned and bastardized by these fools is ridiculous, PARTICULARLY when they whine that its done to them constantly.
I gave a link in my previous post you may find interesting.
LOL, we don't demean Jews. You demean God by believing in the slaughter of the unborn.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you read that of all (100%) the women at risk for unintended pregnancy 11% did not use contraception the month they got pregnant, would't you automatically realize 89% did use contraception the month they got pregnant?"
Not if they aren't using conraception correctly and/or consistantly. They might as well not be using contraception at all.
So you cannot state how the op was using a misleading number? I'll tell you what, the differentiation was with those at risk for unintended pregnancy. The op wasn't using a misleading number as you claimed.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. No woman is required to look at an ultrasound in an OB/GYNs office, Rose. And one is not required to be performed on any pregnant woman there unless the doctor thinks it's necessary. And even then, a woman can refuse to even have one.
You are wrong. In NO other medical situation is a person forced to have a medically unnecessary procedure in order to have another legal procedure done. None. And you really need to stop ignoring the fact that we are not talking about anything OTHER than a doctor being FORCED to perform one, and her being FORCED to look at/hear about one by law.
If a woman chooses to look, and changes her mind, that is one thing. If she is FORCED to look, that is manipulation, and that's another. Just like it is if a woman's husband browbeats her into having an abortion. BOTH are wrong. Those laws are not done for the purpose of information, but to manipulate the outcome. That is wrong. Period.
YOU are assuming she doesn't already know what's there. And there is no evidence, in states where these kinds of laws are already in place, that it has changed even ONE woman's mind in the first place. Yet they've had to pay for an unnecessary medical procedure with no other purpose that to TRY to change her mind, because some busybodies want to affect the outcome. It's none of their business.
WHO should make our medical decisions for us, Rose? Us, with the expert advice of our physicians? Or politicians who have no medical training, and who are just trying to fulfill a political agenda?
But who says it is medically unecessary.. and how can they firce her to look at it.

In yhe case of OBs who deliver babies..at some point they are going to fo sn ultrasound as part of care..for msny reasons. But it is standard care these days..whether or not the eoman looks at it is not relevant to hef care.

Yes in my day docs did not use them..There were none but I do belirve it is the standard of care now. I kearned a lot from the pregnancies of mh kids. So manh yools the docs havs snd use them. Yhey dont just go by feel now.

Perslnally think thst maybe thr docs want the uktrasounds to know mord about the abortion.
Yes it costs. But it would have to be safer. Shd can close her eyes..but zi bet at a lot of clknucs the screen is not even in her line if sight if she chooses nof to see. And I jmagine a lot choose not to.
Her lookkng is not as important ad the doc seeing. BUG it is tgerd for her to see if she WANTS to. IT SHOULD be. IMHO
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes, but it only boils because the stove is a direct conduit to "god's glory."
<quoted text>
Heh! Funny, Cptr!!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On the Canada thing..and I did not see it..anyway I have no answer. OBVIOUSLY they are doing something else to prevent pregnancy or having mord babies.
But I cannog imagine that having somd rsstri tions here. A few. Makes womdn have mord. If tgat is what yoh mean..its illogical. Bug maybe I am misunderstanding the post?
IF THEYard hsving so many fewer..Thsnk God and wd should figurs out wht becsuse abortion is Not Criminalized here. So that is not why. So whatever else they are doing ..we should too.
Of course I think even 64 thou is high also bug nothing like here.
What I am saying is that your speculation that without RvW people would be more "responsible" is incorrect, based on the facts at hand. Again, you failed to address my point about the abortion rates in countries where it is currently illegal being about the same as here.

And we don't have SOME restrictions or just "a few", we have quite a few in many states, and people on your side of the debate are promoting more and more on a daily basis.

You do realize that if abortion were illegal, there would be NO restrictions or oversight at all, right?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

PLAYA it was mh prdvious post to Bigner not Ocean. On yours I coukd nog get the scroll to get to reply on the quote part. SORRY

Ladt 2 posts to Bitner kn ultrasound

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 276,441 - 276,460 of303,180
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••