Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,822)

Showing posts 276,421 - 276,440 of304,950
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

PLAYA it was mh prdvious post to Bigner not Ocean. On yours I coukd nog get the scroll to get to reply on the quote part. SORRY

Ladt 2 posts to Bitner kn ultrasound

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Just a suggestion; we all have to find our own path.
I find it interesting that my post to you got a negative icon. Hmmm...
<quoted text>
I'll get it together eventually...and then I'll probably forget where I put it!!

The negative icon thing doesn't surprise me at all...there are so many negative folks in here, that it's a surprise my posts don't get more of them....

:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But who says it is medically unecessary.. and how can they firce her to look at it.
In yhe case of OBs who deliver babies..at some point they are going to fo sn ultrasound as part of care..for msny reasons. But it is standard care these days..whether or not the eoman looks at it is not relevant to hef care.
Yes in my day docs did not use them..There were none but I do belirve it is the standard of care now. I kearned a lot from the pregnancies of mh kids. So manh yools the docs havs snd use them. Yhey dont just go by feel now.
Perslnally think thst maybe thr docs want the uktrasounds to know mord about the abortion.
Yes it costs. But it would have to be safer. Shd can close her eyes..but zi bet at a lot of clknucs the screen is not even in her line if sight if she chooses nof to see. And I jmagine a lot choose not to.
Her lookkng is not as important ad the doc seeing. BUG it is tgerd for her to see if she WANTS to. IT SHOULD be. IMHO
Haven't you been paying attention? The laws are the they doctor MUST perform and ultrasound, even when it is not medically necessary, and that they MUST either show her, or describe to her, the ultrasound in order for her to be allowed to have an abortion. THAT is what we are objecting to. NO ONE is objecting to a woman looking if she chooses. No one.

If a doctor doesn't think it's medically necessary, then it is. If he doesn't, then it's not. But the law takes away from him that judgment call that only he is qualified to make. And there is NO medical reason to try to force a woman to look at it, or hear the fetus described by law.

HOW will her looking at it make the procedure safer when it's the DOCTOR performing it? Please don't ignore this question.

And no, you are wrong about obstetricians. They MAY at some point SUGGEST an ultrasound. Yes, it falls under routine care. But they are not required to do so by law, and the woman can refuse to have it done. NO ONE is trying to force it on the woman under those circumstances. And there is no medical reason to require one by law for all abortions.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't you been paying attention? The laws are the they doctor MUST perform and ultrasound, even when it is not medically necessary, and that they MUST either show her, or describe to her, the ultrasound in order for her to be allowed to have an abortion. THAT is what we are objecting to. NO ONE is objecting to a woman looking if she chooses. No one.
If a doctor doesn't think it's medically necessary, then it is. If he doesn't, then it's not. But the law takes away from him that judgment call that only he is qualified to make. And there is NO medical reason to try to force a woman to look at it, or hear the fetus described by law.
HOW will her looking at it make the procedure safer when it's the DOCTOR performing it? Please don't ignore this question.
And no, you are wrong about obstetricians. They MAY at some point SUGGEST an ultrasound. Yes, it falls under routine care. But they are not required to do so by law, and the woman can refuse to have it done. NO ONE is trying to force it on the woman under those circumstances. And there is no medical reason to require one by law for all abortions.
I wrote a post addressing this last night that's gone unanswered. And how there are lawsuits in the works regarding the forced ultrasound unconstitutional. Guess we'll have to wait and see how this turns out before Rose is willing to venture her idea may not be such a hot one after all.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I said the Topix Community. A community is a little bit larger than one or two ppl.@@ dealing with a damn 4th grader here.
To be fair -I did use the word represent :)

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the time, dummy. Other times its lying, scheming, anti choicers LIKE YOU, reporting every posts in an effort to get me banned like RC admitted. It sure is amusing when one on your side has a fit of conscience, comes clean and admits the deception from you reprehensible liars,, huh? Don't think I don't know your part in all of that.
Like with Lyin lily/lori/lynne/pervsevere and BS'er.
:-D
You are,'t worth that much if my time.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>This might come as a shock, but Prophets are not held in high esteem in the Old Testament. It was the Priests, who performed all religious acts. The prophets were enemies of the Priests.
The irony is that those whom opposed the Priests in Jerusalem were the Pharisees (prophets) so Jesus would have been a Pharisee and in Christianity Pharisees are hipocrites.
There is a way the seems right to a man.:)

I'm just going to stab at it, but since the bible sorta tells alot about Jesus /pharasees . If Jesus was one, He wasn't a Gold card member.:)

He wasn't one by the way.

I've offered this suggestion before, but instead of trying to fiquer stuff out in our own minds, why not just call upon the name of the Lord, and the only living God, is the only One, who could come forth :)
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Read most of that page i do know Jews do not believe He was Messiah. Obviously I do. I believe He will the prophecies that are mentioned..When He returns. I believe He did fulfill some of them Isaih for one. I wish I was more knowledgeable on prophecy.
And at that time. The end of what we know as the world now. The Messiah will come. We will All know Who He is:)
But one of my pet peeves..is putting down people of the Jewish faith. To me..and most Christians..we are the adooted chikdren of Abraham. This was told that he would be father to many nations.
There are Jews who believe He was Messiah..Messianic .. and more who dont..As I say we will all know soon enough..until then ..we have the freedom to believe what we do.
Do I hate when people make fun of my lord..ljke feces..you bet. But as I say..it is not mg pkace to put down those who worship the same God as I do..or anyone else..for their Faith. DESPite What I believe. And why on earth Would Anyone Listen To What I Say About Jesus if I make fun of their religious beliefs. I may feel they are way off. Then I just try not to comment.
But the Old Testament is part of my own beliefs. If I mock it ..I mock myself and the Jew who is my Lord.
As I said in my last post ..lol. I try to shut my kindle if I get really riled up. Prince caught me at a bad moment and enough is enough. And peolle making fun of or cursing me. I try not to answer. Z :)
Are you a faux-Christian troll? I never demened "real" Jews. grumpy is a real jew. The pagan lesbain isn't. She is a faux-jew. She uses the jewish label to justify and protect her anti-Chritian tirades. I know and associate with many people of the jewish Faith and think of them as brethern. Ask your new lesbain buddy about the idea of the "Judeo-Christian" philosophy and see her response. These are evil and vile people. They are the mouthpieces of Satan. You can kiss their azzes if you like, I know better. At some poin they wil turn on you and you will be the newest Christian "troll".

But play along for now. You are either a faux-Christian or just naieve.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Name these scientists.
By your logic, foreskins are a part of a man's life. Having them removed is a form of insanity.
<quoted text>
"By your logic, foreskins are a part of a man's life. Having them removed is a form of insanity."

In a way, yes. It is a barbaric practice that has no relevence in the modern world. It is the intentional mutilation of a male child. The pagan females love it, sinc ethey hate men. I would guess you would support the mutilation of a female childs vagina, if it was a cultures tradition.

Hypocrite!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
So you cannot state how the op was using a misleading number? I'll tell you what, the differentiation was with those at risk for unintended pregnancy. The op wasn't using a misleading number as you claimed.
What would be an important number would be: the number of women who used contraception correctly and consistantly.
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh! Funny, Cptr!!
it wasn't even faintly amusing.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
My advice is not to response to The Prince, he is clearly a troll out to get as many responses as he can muster.
Says the vile pagan that uses a disgusting hateful anti-Chrisitan avitar. Of course any real Christian is a troill to you nest of pagans. I will never stop speaking up for the millions of unborn children slaughtered in this country. You continue your proabortion rants. I will keep figthing the reality that human life begins at conception and to intentionaly destroy that life is a sin against mankind and God.

If that makes me a troll in the eyes of some Satan infested pagans, I wear the title proudly!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell that to your friend foo, she feels she speaks for all of y'all :)
Plus I noticed she said I do mean things to jews. Lol
My salvation is based on a Jew.:)
May God bless the Jews :)
I'm just as guilty but spelling out the word that starts with a G and ends in a d is kinda mean. Do you know why she doesn't spell out the word? It's interesting, maybe she'll explain it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a faux-Christian troll? I never demened "real" Jews. grumpy is a real jew. The pagan lesbain isn't. She is a faux-jew. She uses the jewish label to justify and protect her anti-Chritian tirades. I know and associate with many people of the jewish Faith and think of them as brethern. Ask your new lesbain buddy about the idea of the "Judeo-Christian" philosophy and see her response. These are evil and vile people. They are the mouthpieces of Satan. You can kiss their azzes if you like, I know better. At some poin they wil turn on you and you will be the newest Christian "troll".
But play along for now. You are either a faux-Christian or just naieve.
You're actually starting to sound like a Skinhead.
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am saying is that your speculation that without RvW people would be more "responsible" is incorrect, based on the facts at hand. Again, you failed to address my point about the abortion rates in countries where it is currently illegal being about the same as here.
And we don't have SOME restrictions or just "a few", we have quite a few in many states, and people on your side of the debate are promoting more and more on a daily basis.
You do realize that if abortion were illegal, there would be NO restrictions or oversight at all, right?
in countries where it is illegal, any abortion obtained would be against the law and obtained covertly. therefore any documentation as to how many were performed would hardly be anywhere near reliable.
you are stupidity personified.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair -I did use the word represent :)
Gtown, nvmd. It went right over your head and on into the next village.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
PLAYA it was mh prdvious post to Bigner not Ocean. On yours I coukd nog get the scroll to get to reply on the quote part. SORRY
I read them. I feel we are still at an impasse on this one...the states whose ultrasound laws have not been overturned, are obliging women to undergo a procedure (trans-vaginal ultrasound in most cases, but trans-dermal in the rest) which their physician may or may not have recommended, but has been insisted upon by those who want to coerce her into making the decision THEY would prefer, rather than the one she went to the clinic to fulfill. It's coercion, Rose, because may of these states, I think 13 of them, require her to view the ultrasound, and have the fact that she did so documented by the physician, before an abortion can be legally performed.

My state legislature passed several laws last year, which were ruled Unconstitutional by our Supreme Court. One of which mandated women seeking an abortion to undergo, and view the results of, a trans-vaginal ultrasound beforehand, regardless of whether or not her doctor felt it was necessary - and I'm not just speaking of surgical abortions, but medical ones which don't require other invasive techniques.

Another, indemnified doctors from malpractice lawsuits, brought by women to whom the doctor had deliberately LIED about the condition of their fetuses, because the doctor THOUGHT they might consider abortion if they knew the truth. Doctors, under this law, would have been able to withhold information VITAL to that informed consent you speak of...without legal repercussions....just because of their BELIEF that the women might have CONSIDERED an abortion.

Another would have authorized a state-run website, onto which the age, county of residence, education level, occupation, and family size, of individual women obtaining an abortion would have been placed, for perusal by anyone who accessed the site.

All of these laws were passed in an effort to humiliate, coerce, and dehumanize women who seek a legal medical procedure. They were absurd, they were Unconstitutional, and they were overturned, thank goodness.

And I'm sorry, but I don't agree that people would have less, or even safer, sex, if abortion was illegal.

They would just have more unsafe abortions.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not talking about skeletons. I'm talking about the broader concept of the scientific method, how it is applied, and the fact that nothing is taken on "faith". No matter how much people who IGNORE those facts want to pretend that their own religious beliefs are "scientific".
They like to be baffled with bull sh*t. That's the only conclusion to be drawn, imo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

rosesz wrote:
ROFLMBO!!!!
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What would be an important number would be: the number of women who used contraception correctly and consistantly.
<sigh>
Never said otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 276,421 - 276,440 of304,950
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••