Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,567
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ocean56

AOL

#294178 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
I am glad to hear that Ocean. I think that is why it was started. And Part of my posts was asking..When I first heard of PP..I thought of it as a great thing for women..not as a place where offspring are terminated as it is now....Glad to hear that for you it was as it was started. See my lst post to Neo above this.
I know it wont happen but I think given the right circumstances..women would adapt and not be running in droves to illegal abortionists.. i give them much mord credit!!
And what YOU think is irrelevant, given the fact that NOT all women like or want children and never want to get pregnant if they can possibly avoid it. I don't want any MORE kids, so for me, getting pregnant again would be my worst nightmare. Thankfully, the odds of another pregnancy are slim to none. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, and I so love NOT being pregnant.

It's a really bad idea to FORCE women who never wanted pregnancy or children in the first place into staying pregnant, giving birth, and becoming mothers against their will. A woman has the same right NOT to have children as she does to be a mother.
Ocean56

AOL

#294179 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
The way the law is now I cannot allow or disallow anything. BUT if it ever came to a vote..which it never will..I would not support it..Neither would ROE for that matter.
This is the reason why it never SHOULD come to a vote. Civil rights for men and women should never be subject to a vote.

That the right of women to decide for OURSELVES as individuals what to do about a pregnancy isn't up for a vote is a very GOOD thing.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294180 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask if you ever had a boss?
If so, were they married?
If so, was their marriage any of your business?
If you say no, then I would agree with you.
Now how much time have you spent using your voice to support your bosses marriage, and the fact that your bosses marriage was none of your business?
You see where I'm going with this?
to a point, you're right, a woman having an abortion or not is none of my business, but when the number of abortions being done reach well over 3,500 a day, each and every day, mon.- fri. In the country in which I live, then how can that not be some of my business as a citizen of this country?
If my post are about me I'm sorry, it is always my prayer -less of me and more of He.
You make abortion your business, do you not?
How many other things that is none of your business, do you spend sooo much effort on?
You defend a grown womans right to be able to legal have her unborn child killed.
Pro life, or whatever you wish to call us, defend the unborn child.
One "the woman " can defend herself with no problem.
The other "unborn child " cannot.
Master blaster wrote up a nice deal about how these parents allowed two of their children die, becouse they prayed, instead of seeking medical help, that the kids needed. What do you think about that? These were born older kids.
Should they be in trouble, or do you feel it is their business?
I think they are in trouble.
You're going nowhere with that comparison. It's stupid.

No one is trying to outlaw marriages for those who are already married.

The only pregnancy that would be any of your business, would be your own. Period. The numbers are irrelevant to that.

No, I do not make abortion my business. I make support of CHOICE my business. Whatever choice a woman ultimately makes is not my concern.

Your comparison about the kids the parents neglected is not apt. Your sentence "these were born older kids" says all that needs to be said. The keyword being "born". There is no comparison between a child who has civil rights AND is living an actual life, with experience, and the ability to feel pain and emotions, and an embryo/fetus of which NONE of those conditions apply.
Ocean56

AOL

#294181 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
On your other point..I would think it sad if a woman regrets having a child or mistreated it....... But I had been speaking of women who Had abortions..In either case thd woman..having had the ultrasound would be more INFORMED
Yes, there are women who regret having an abortion. There are also women who DON'T regret it at all. They only regret GETTING pregnant in the first place, and they are just grateful the option of an abortion was available to them.

http://www.imnotsorry.net

http://www.thanksabortion.com

The women whose stories are posted at these sites certainly don't regret THEIR abortions. You might want to read some of them to understand what their personal situations were.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294182 Apr 29, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I started grief counseling not long after he died, but didn't complete the process with the counselor. Not sure why, but I think it just got too hard to follow her assignments. I wasn't in a very good place at all, but she was very kind and mostly helpful. I'm thinking I might be ready to get back into it this summer.
I am very very lucky to have so many wonderful folks around me that love me - and who loved and adored my son as much as I did. He was pretty special, and he had a large crowd of friends. They've 'adopted' us, and a lot of them call me 'mom' now. The folks who love me are the reason I still get out of bed in the morning. And it is very helpful to talk about him with those who were so much a part of his life.
Again, thank you so much for your care and compassion. It's nice to know there are always good people in the world!!
Everyone handles grief differently. Mainly though, having people around that just listen is the best thing. xoxo

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294183 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One reason for an ultrasound is to help the doctor especially in later cases. Kind of like looking at an xray before setting a bone...I am sure you want that..... When it came up even some of the docs preferred it to doing a medical procedure blind..so to speak..and if that is the case..it would make it SAFER. If seeing an ultrasound made it Unsafer I would get your point. So while it is possible if a woman opened her eyes she could have second thoughts WHY is that a bad thing. You keep sayiing its her decision.. why do you care if a few change their minds and CHOOSE NOT to abort. THE docs are doing it safer and maybe Cya..and the women have truly informed consent.IF SHE CHOOSES TO LOOK.
On your other point..I would think it sad if a woman regrets having a child or mistreated it....... But I had been speaking of women who Had abortions..In either case thd woman..having had the ultrasound would be more INFORMED
Ultrasounds for medical purposes are for the DOCTOR'S need. It's only incidental that patients are given copies as keepsakes. If an ultrasound must be done for safety sake, it's for the DOCTOR only. Laws requiring the woman to look at it, or hear about it, or even for it to be done when not medically necessary are not "informing" anyone. They are attempts to manipulate the woman, period. That is wrong.

If she changes her mind due to that manipulation, HOW is that any different from the woman who has an abortion due to the manipulation of/pressure from her husband?

If it were a doctor shoving the ultrasound into her face and describing forcefully to the woman any abnormalities in order to manipulate her into HAVING an abortion, how would you feel about that? If it is wrong to attempt to persuade her to HAVE an abortion, it's just as wrong to attempt to persuade her to NOT have one.
Gtown71

United States

#294184 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You think being considered a villiage idiot is a compliment? You're MUCH stupider than I thought.
If you and aka represent the village, then yes it's a compliment :)
Gtown71

United States

#294185 Apr 29, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
G, I think you're throwing real evidence out the window in order to support religious myths. How do you explain the discoveries of skeletal remains that show there were earlier versions of humans that existed way before biblical times? Was Adam a hominid?
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/...
That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing. It is not.

All according to who's dates you put your faith in.

Science has in the past said these fossils are this old, becouse we find them in this layer of earth, then they say this layer of earth is this old, becouse it has these fossils In it.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294186 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing. It is not.
All according to who's dates you put your faith in.
Science has in the past said these fossils are this old, becouse we find them in this layer of earth, then they say this layer of earth is this old, becouse it has these fossils In it.
"That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing."

Not all other Christians, because not all Christians believe as you do.

"It is not."

Yes it is. That is exactly what you are doing, and other Christians as well. In an effort to promote their religion as fact, they ignore what they cannot twist to do so.
Gtown71

United States

#294187 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going nowhere with that comparison. It's stupid.
No one is trying to outlaw marriages for those who are already married.
The only pregnancy that would be any of your business, would be your own. Period. The numbers are irrelevant to that.
No, I do not make abortion my business. I make support of CHOICE my business. Whatever choice a woman ultimately makes is not my concern.
Your comparison about the kids the parents neglected is not apt. Your sentence "these were born older kids" says all that needs to be said. The keyword being "born". There is no comparison between a child who has civil rights AND is living an actual life, with experience, and the ability to feel pain and emotions, and an embryo/fetus of which NONE of those conditions apply.
I don't care to talk about "when" a fetus can feel pain, and hate to think that's the divideing point.

I'm pretty sure a fetus can feel pain.
At what stage???

Just know that many people feel the unborn child should have rights, and does in some cases, if harmed, and mother intended to have the baby.
Gtown71

United States

#294188 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing."
Not all other Christians, because not all Christians believe as you do.
"It is not."
Yes it is. That is exactly what you are doing, and other Christians as well. In an effort to promote their religion as fact, they ignore what they cannot twist to do so.
So you know of skeleton that all scientist agree on as being here before the bible says man should've been here?

I know of many, that have been exposed as frauds or explained.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294189 Apr 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Bullshit! Every jew I have spoken to claims Jesus is seen as a jewish prophet
Bullshit yourself son LOL!!

Your jesus certainly was NOT considered a "Jewish prophet", since most everything he taught was AGAINST JEWISH SCRIPTURE you moron. Good lord man, use some common sense.

Jews that believe he lived at all (many dont) believe he may have been a teacher, but NOT a prophet. In FACT, he was considered a FALSE prophet.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/J...

Location hidden

#294190 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear Lord...
I was going to totally stay out of this one..but
In my understanding of MY faith which you claim to share maybe ..not sure but anyway..
I believe in the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob..the same God of tgd Jewish people. God told Abraham that He would bless those who bless them and curse those who curse them ..
I also believe that that Jesus/yeshua is the Messiah of the prophets. The Jewish people do not believe this.
We will all know Him when we see Him come. Every knee shall bow at His coming..And we will know who He is.
To put down someone of the Jewish faith who believes in the God of Abraham on tge basis of faith is beneath any Christia nIMHO
Thank you Rose. Many so called "christians" here, such as Gtown and Tomtom (who you just responded to), Knutter among others - consistantly demean Jews and anyone else of different faiths. I apologize to YOU and to other actual Christians if I come across as harsh, but having one's faith constantly demeaned and bastardized by these fools is ridiculous, PARTICULARLY when they whine that its done to them constantly.

I gave a link in my previous post you may find interesting.

Location hidden

#294191 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for confirming what a fool you are. LOL!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294192 Apr 29, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya reap what ya sow.
Is that why you keepgetting banned?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294193 Apr 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that part didn't apply.
Why didn't you answer the question? What's 100-11=?
If you read that of all (100%) the women at risk for unintended pregnancy 11% did not use contraception the month they got pregnant, would't you automatically realize 89% did use contraception the month they got pregnant? And that's exactly what the op said.
But you said it was misleading. And I asked you to specifically explain what you meant. So far, nothing.
"If you read that of all (100%) the women at risk for unintended pregnancy 11% did not use contraception the month they got pregnant, would't you automatically realize 89% did use contraception the month they got pregnant?"

Not if they aren't using conraception correctly and/or consistantly. They might as well not be using contraception at all.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294194 Apr 29, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is all arrogance. You are disgusting.
Not to mention it's incorrect. If sin entered the world, it entered by way of Eve. She was the first to disobey, but then again it doesn't say she knew about the instructions God had given Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge. Isn't it just like a man to forget to tell his wife something important like that? I bet he thinks it was an apple too.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294195 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One reason for an ultrasound is to help the doctor especially in later cases. Kind of like looking at an xray before setting a bone...I am sure you want that.....
but don't you see, Rose, if the woman WANTS the ultrasound, it's totally different from her being LEGALLY OBLIGATED to have one? I believe totally that if a doctor preparing to perform an abortion sees a medical need, and does an ultrasound, and the woman ASKS to see the results, she should get to. But the Doctor shouldn't be required to show it to her, if she doesn't WANT to see it.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When it came up even some of the docs preferred it to doing a medical procedure blind..so to speak..and if that is the case..it would make it SAFER.
I don't even have a problem with doctors doing the ultrasound with the more sensitive vaginal probe, if it's being done for safety - but when there's legal mandate that it be done, and politicians are deciding, rather than the doctor in question, whether or not it is necessary, that is state mandated instrumental rape.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If seeing an ultrasound made it Unsafer I would get your point.
My point is, that a procedure requiring an object to be put inside a woman, who does not want that procedure in the first place, is inherently an act of aggression, and in this case, coercion. I disagree vehemently that it serves any purpose, other than to exemplify how little her personhood means to the State, which grants more dignity to a collection of cells in her uterus than to her.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So while it is possible if a woman opened her eyes she could have second thoughts WHY is that a bad thing. You keep sayiing its her decision.. why do you care if a few change their minds and CHOOSE NOT to abort.
For the same reason I CARE if her husband/boyfriend/hookup pressures her to HAVE an abortion. Both are wrong... both are coercion... and both should be illegal. If a woman asks to see an ultrasound image of a fetus she is thinking about aborting, and following that, changes her mind, THAT'S AWESOME, and I'm very happy for all concerned. If she doesn't ask, or is forced to have one, and DOESN'T change her mind, what did the invasive procedure accomplish???

Women in this day and age, who ask for an ultrasound to be done while they are pregnant, are (nearly) ALWAYS given one. The days of having no information about sex and our bodies are over. With the advent of the internet, women can learn all about our biology, including what causes, prevents, and ends, pregnancy. Most of us opt to give birth.

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THE docs are doing it safer and maybe Cya..and the women have truly informed consent.IF SHE CHOOSES TO LOOK.
What about if she's not given the choice??
That's been my point all along.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On your other point..I would think it sad if a woman regrets having a child or mistreated it.......
Personally, I think child abuse is much more than 'sad'. I think it's unforgivable. And while I do, truly, understand that the thought of 3500 abortions a day is troubling to you, I don't think the daily terminations of pregnancy, are nearly as 'sad' as the daily mistreatment of hundreds of thousands of walking-around children. Our priorities, apparently, differ quite a bit here.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But I had been speaking of women who Had abortions..In either case thd woman..having had the ultrasound would be more INFORMED
We don't force people to be 'informed' in this country - at least not by law. American citizens are rather exquisitely free to INFORM OURSELVES. Unless we are pregnant women, apparently...

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294196 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I said the Topix Community. A community is a little bit larger than one or two ppl.@@ dealing with a damn 4th grader here.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#294197 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit yourself son LOL!!
Your jesus certainly was NOT considered a "Jewish prophet", since most everything he taught was AGAINST JEWISH SCRIPTURE you moron. Good lord man, use some common sense.
Jews that believe he lived at all (many dont) believe he may have been a teacher, but NOT a prophet. In FACT, he was considered a FALSE prophet.
http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/J...
My advice is not to response to The Prince, he is clearly a troll out to get as many responses as he can muster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,141,993
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Insults Are Easier 231,843
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 37 min Trojan 28,175
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr IBdaMann 2,137
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr Suzanne shelton 636
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 21 hr ngzcaz 1
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Sat MichaelAB 140

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE