Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309886 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294186 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing. It is not.
All according to who's dates you put your faith in.
Science has in the past said these fossils are this old, becouse we find them in this layer of earth, then they say this layer of earth is this old, becouse it has these fossils In it.
"That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing."

Not all other Christians, because not all Christians believe as you do.

"It is not."

Yes it is. That is exactly what you are doing, and other Christians as well. In an effort to promote their religion as fact, they ignore what they cannot twist to do so.
Gtown71

United States

#294187 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going nowhere with that comparison. It's stupid.
No one is trying to outlaw marriages for those who are already married.
The only pregnancy that would be any of your business, would be your own. Period. The numbers are irrelevant to that.
No, I do not make abortion my business. I make support of CHOICE my business. Whatever choice a woman ultimately makes is not my concern.
Your comparison about the kids the parents neglected is not apt. Your sentence "these were born older kids" says all that needs to be said. The keyword being "born". There is no comparison between a child who has civil rights AND is living an actual life, with experience, and the ability to feel pain and emotions, and an embryo/fetus of which NONE of those conditions apply.
I don't care to talk about "when" a fetus can feel pain, and hate to think that's the divideing point.

I'm pretty sure a fetus can feel pain.
At what stage???

Just know that many people feel the unborn child should have rights, and does in some cases, if harmed, and mother intended to have the baby.
Gtown71

United States

#294188 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"That would mean me and all other christians, some highly intellect are doing so, if that is what we are doing."
Not all other Christians, because not all Christians believe as you do.
"It is not."
Yes it is. That is exactly what you are doing, and other Christians as well. In an effort to promote their religion as fact, they ignore what they cannot twist to do so.
So you know of skeleton that all scientist agree on as being here before the bible says man should've been here?

I know of many, that have been exposed as frauds or explained.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294189 Apr 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Bullshit! Every jew I have spoken to claims Jesus is seen as a jewish prophet
Bullshit yourself son LOL!!

Your jesus certainly was NOT considered a "Jewish prophet", since most everything he taught was AGAINST JEWISH SCRIPTURE you moron. Good lord man, use some common sense.

Jews that believe he lived at all (many dont) believe he may have been a teacher, but NOT a prophet. In FACT, he was considered a FALSE prophet.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/J...

Location hidden

#294190 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear Lord...
I was going to totally stay out of this one..but
In my understanding of MY faith which you claim to share maybe ..not sure but anyway..
I believe in the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob..the same God of tgd Jewish people. God told Abraham that He would bless those who bless them and curse those who curse them ..
I also believe that that Jesus/yeshua is the Messiah of the prophets. The Jewish people do not believe this.
We will all know Him when we see Him come. Every knee shall bow at His coming..And we will know who He is.
To put down someone of the Jewish faith who believes in the God of Abraham on tge basis of faith is beneath any Christia nIMHO
Thank you Rose. Many so called "christians" here, such as Gtown and Tomtom (who you just responded to), Knutter among others - consistantly demean Jews and anyone else of different faiths. I apologize to YOU and to other actual Christians if I come across as harsh, but having one's faith constantly demeaned and bastardized by these fools is ridiculous, PARTICULARLY when they whine that its done to them constantly.

I gave a link in my previous post you may find interesting.

Location hidden

#294191 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and aka represent the village, then yes it's a compliment :)
Thank you for confirming what a fool you are. LOL!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294192 Apr 29, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya reap what ya sow.
Is that why you keepgetting banned?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294193 Apr 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that part didn't apply.
Why didn't you answer the question? What's 100-11=?
If you read that of all (100%) the women at risk for unintended pregnancy 11% did not use contraception the month they got pregnant, would't you automatically realize 89% did use contraception the month they got pregnant? And that's exactly what the op said.
But you said it was misleading. And I asked you to specifically explain what you meant. So far, nothing.
"If you read that of all (100%) the women at risk for unintended pregnancy 11% did not use contraception the month they got pregnant, would't you automatically realize 89% did use contraception the month they got pregnant?"

Not if they aren't using conraception correctly and/or consistantly. They might as well not be using contraception at all.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294194 Apr 29, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is all arrogance. You are disgusting.
Not to mention it's incorrect. If sin entered the world, it entered by way of Eve. She was the first to disobey, but then again it doesn't say she knew about the instructions God had given Adam not to eat from the tree of knowledge. Isn't it just like a man to forget to tell his wife something important like that? I bet he thinks it was an apple too.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294195 Apr 29, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One reason for an ultrasound is to help the doctor especially in later cases. Kind of like looking at an xray before setting a bone...I am sure you want that.....
but don't you see, Rose, if the woman WANTS the ultrasound, it's totally different from her being LEGALLY OBLIGATED to have one? I believe totally that if a doctor preparing to perform an abortion sees a medical need, and does an ultrasound, and the woman ASKS to see the results, she should get to. But the Doctor shouldn't be required to show it to her, if she doesn't WANT to see it.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When it came up even some of the docs preferred it to doing a medical procedure blind..so to speak..and if that is the case..it would make it SAFER.
I don't even have a problem with doctors doing the ultrasound with the more sensitive vaginal probe, if it's being done for safety - but when there's legal mandate that it be done, and politicians are deciding, rather than the doctor in question, whether or not it is necessary, that is state mandated instrumental rape.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If seeing an ultrasound made it Unsafer I would get your point.
My point is, that a procedure requiring an object to be put inside a woman, who does not want that procedure in the first place, is inherently an act of aggression, and in this case, coercion. I disagree vehemently that it serves any purpose, other than to exemplify how little her personhood means to the State, which grants more dignity to a collection of cells in her uterus than to her.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So while it is possible if a woman opened her eyes she could have second thoughts WHY is that a bad thing. You keep sayiing its her decision.. why do you care if a few change their minds and CHOOSE NOT to abort.
For the same reason I CARE if her husband/boyfriend/hookup pressures her to HAVE an abortion. Both are wrong... both are coercion... and both should be illegal. If a woman asks to see an ultrasound image of a fetus she is thinking about aborting, and following that, changes her mind, THAT'S AWESOME, and I'm very happy for all concerned. If she doesn't ask, or is forced to have one, and DOESN'T change her mind, what did the invasive procedure accomplish???

Women in this day and age, who ask for an ultrasound to be done while they are pregnant, are (nearly) ALWAYS given one. The days of having no information about sex and our bodies are over. With the advent of the internet, women can learn all about our biology, including what causes, prevents, and ends, pregnancy. Most of us opt to give birth.

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THE docs are doing it safer and maybe Cya..and the women have truly informed consent.IF SHE CHOOSES TO LOOK.
What about if she's not given the choice??
That's been my point all along.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
On your other point..I would think it sad if a woman regrets having a child or mistreated it.......
Personally, I think child abuse is much more than 'sad'. I think it's unforgivable. And while I do, truly, understand that the thought of 3500 abortions a day is troubling to you, I don't think the daily terminations of pregnancy, are nearly as 'sad' as the daily mistreatment of hundreds of thousands of walking-around children. Our priorities, apparently, differ quite a bit here.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But I had been speaking of women who Had abortions..In either case thd woman..having had the ultrasound would be more INFORMED
We don't force people to be 'informed' in this country - at least not by law. American citizens are rather exquisitely free to INFORM OURSELVES. Unless we are pregnant women, apparently...

Location hidden

#294196 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you and aka represent the village, then yes it's a compliment :)
I said the Topix Community. A community is a little bit larger than one or two ppl.@@ dealing with a damn 4th grader here.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#294197 Apr 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit yourself son LOL!!
Your jesus certainly was NOT considered a "Jewish prophet", since most everything he taught was AGAINST JEWISH SCRIPTURE you moron. Good lord man, use some common sense.
Jews that believe he lived at all (many dont) believe he may have been a teacher, but NOT a prophet. In FACT, he was considered a FALSE prophet.
http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/J...
My advice is not to response to The Prince, he is clearly a troll out to get as many responses as he can muster.
razzmatazz

Falls City, NE

#294198 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultrasounds for medical purposes are for the DOCTOR'S need. It's only incidental that patients are given copies as keepsakes. If an ultrasound must be done for safety sake, it's for the DOCTOR only. Laws requiring the woman to look at it, or hear about it, or even for it to be done when not medically necessary are not "informing" anyone. They are attempts to manipulate the woman, period. That is wrong.
If she changes her mind due to that manipulation, HOW is that any different from the woman who has an abortion due to the manipulation of/pressure from her husband?
If it were a doctor shoving the ultrasound into her face and describing forcefully to the woman any abnormalities in order to manipulate her into HAVING an abortion, how would you feel about that? If it is wrong to attempt to persuade her to HAVE an abortion, it's just as wrong to attempt to persuade her to NOT have one.
Wow, how evil.
grumpy

Teaneck, NJ

#294199 Apr 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
"Let's make it VERY clear then Gtown. I'm Jewish. Your jesus means shit to the Jewish faith. He's a non-entity, meaningless. Certainly NOT G-d."
Bullshit! Every jew I have spoken to claims Jesus is seen as a jewish prophet but not the Messiah. Your hippie-dippie fake jewish faith that marries women together, is what has no relevancy to real jews.
This might come as a shock, but Prophets are not held in high esteem in the Old Testament. It was the Priests, who performed all religious acts. The prophets were enemies of the Priests.
The irony is that those whom opposed the Priests in Jerusalem were the Pharisees (prophets) so Jesus would have been a Pharisee and in Christianity Pharisees are hipocrites.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294200 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I don't care to talk about "when" a fetus can feel pain, and hate to think that's the divideing point."

One, when did I say, or indicate that is "the dividing point"? It's merely one difference between an embryo/fetus and a child. I note that you IGNORED the rest. Why is that?

Two, you said you don't want to talk about it, but then did just that. I must conclude that what you mean is that you want to talk about it, but don't want any opposing argument presented. Tough.

"I'm pretty sure a fetus can feel pain.
At what stage???"

Based on what? I know a fetus cannot, and I based that upon not only my own education and knowledge of human anatomy and physiology, but upon the research done on the subjects of pain perception, studies done from a variety of scientific disciplines, and not done with abortion in mind, but simply knowledge.

By the way "fetus" is one stage. The fetal stage doesn't have stages.

"Just know that many people feel the unborn child should have rights,"

You think you're telling me something I don't already know?

"and does in some cases, if harmed, and mother intended to have the baby."

Wrong. A fetus does not have any rights. You're misunderstanding of fetal homicide laws don't change that.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294201 Apr 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know of skeleton that all scientist agree on as being here before the bible says man should've been here?
I know of many, that have been exposed as frauds or explained.
I was not talking about skeletons. I'm talking about the broader concept of the scientific method, how it is applied, and the fact that nothing is taken on "faith". No matter how much people who IGNORE those facts want to pretend that their own religious beliefs are "scientific".

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294202 Apr 29, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, how evil.
Nonsense, you lying, perverted slime. The "evil" is in attempting to manipulate women into making ANY decision just because it's the outcome some people want. THAT is wrong.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

#294204 Apr 29, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you keepgetting banned?
Some of the time, dummy. Other times its lying, scheming, anti choicers LIKE YOU, reporting every posts in an effort to get me banned like RC admitted. It sure is amusing when one on your side has a fit of conscience, comes clean and admits the deception from you reprehensible liars,, huh? Don't think I don't know your part in all of that.

Like with Lyin lily/lori/lynne/pervsevere and BS'er.

:-D

Location hidden

#294205 Apr 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
God gave us free will, pagan. What we do with it is our choice. Some follow his path, others decide to be gay pedophiles, lesbians homosexuals and pagan killers. Free Choice is what you make of it, not God.
What is a pagan killer?

Location hidden

#294206 Apr 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not talking about skeletons. I'm talking about the broader concept of the scientific method, how it is applied, and the fact that nothing is taken on "faith". No matter how much people who IGNORE those facts want to pretend that their own religious beliefs are "scientific".
The boy is a true moron Bit. His idea of 'scientific method' is watching water boil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,233,319
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Eagle 12 239,175
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr IBdaMann 5,598
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon tom wingo 29,765
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Mon Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 Sun Jeff 1
More from around the web