Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,362
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294124 Apr 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why you believe allowing women to make their own decisions regarding their own unintended pregnancies would be spitting in your son's face?
I said for me to support abortion would be like spitting in Gods face..but could be my sons also I guess. I thank God I was not given the choice to abort or I may not have ever met my son. Had I been tempted as well as the stupid kid I wss..my son would not exist fir me to know..nor his child..it is a very simple thing. I could never condemn a woman who chooses to abort. I understand the desperation. I do hate that society tells her that her child does not matter That he is not even a child. Its the decption of semantics. Abortion ends a human life.

It is a simple set of ideas. They are not ones you agree with. I do.

.The way the law is now I cannot allow or disallow anything. BUT if it ever came to a vote..which it never will..I would not support it..Neither would ROE for that matter.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294126 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sincerely for sharing it. Its hard to share here sometimes, because too often an idiot will try to use it as a weapon against you, but you're a brave person, and I'm proud to have met you!
"Its hard to share here sometimes, because too often an idiot will try to use it as a weapon against you,"

Yea there are several on here, on BOTH sides of the issue that will throw posts like that back into the face of the poster. Sadly some posters on here will go out of their wayto be cruel.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294127 Apr 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
or i guess god's face. why do you believe that?
you are not every woman and do not have the experiences of every woman. why is allowing them the freedom to make their own decisions so wrong, in your opinion?
Same as last answer..Didnt see this.
Gtown71

United States

#294128 Apr 28, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony is you trying to tell somewhat that what they believe is not a fact when you call your beliefs, "truth".
Not only is it ironic, it is hypocritical and arrogant. For one, take the constructive criticism.... or are you too better than anyone else to be humble. Are you even open to the idea that you might be wrong or at fault?
Sure I'll take constructive criticism. When you plan on giving some?
If I haven't made it clear -my name is John, and if I got what I deserved I would be in Hell.
I am no better, then anyone one here, perhaps much worse then some, but I know in whom I believe, and trust "that He is able " to do that which He has set out to do.

Why are you even concerned? You don't believe in Hell.
You're comfortable enough to use feces for Jesus as you little name, so why do you care what I put?

What if I'm wrong? What if I and many many many more just had alittle mental break down and got all religious, but the truth is there really is no God, and when I die, I just die?
Will I care that I've wasted sooo much time talking about a God, that don't exsist? No I won't.

Now feces -WHAT IF I'M RIGHT?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294129 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you picked an appropriate name for yourself for a change. You certainly DO demonstrate "ignoramce" here every time you post. Cowardly AND stupid. What a combo.
I gave my opknion of that post as low..who is thst??

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294130 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I didn't know I was here to turn you on. I also didn't want my post about me, but rather about my God. I must tell about me, before and after.
I to get tired and turned of with seeing so many say I'm pro choice, but not really for abortion.
We don't like abortion, and for any to say we do is a lie, but we have no problem what so ever with the over 3 thousand 5 hundred abortions that take place every day in the usa, becouse they happen one at a time, and the little fellers are normaly small, and that makes us feel better.
When it should make you sick for even be ok with it, and no wonder you don't want some guy on here talking about God, unless it is a deas harmless god, becouse you know if God is real, then your vile self may be in trouble.
Geuss what, He's real.
All your posts are about you.

Pro-choice means supporting a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, based upon he own circumstances and moral code, and without interference from those who think they know better than she does what she should do.

In the same way that I support your right to free speech, but don't necessarily agree with what you say, I can support a woman's right to make her own reproductive choice without agreeing with whichever choice she eventually makes. And there IS another choice, a fact you people love to ignore. We know that it's not UP to us which choice she makes. It's quite simply none of our business.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294132 Apr 28, 2013
Have you tried grief therapy or a survivor's support group? For many, it can be a powerful healing tool. They can't fill the hole in your heart but they often help you cope with it. Talking CAN help, be it with friends or strangers.
not a playa1965 wrote:
I'd like to offer a general thank-you to all those who posted to me about the loss of my son. You folks are very kind, and I greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness. CPeter, you are correct in that he wouldn't want me to be sad...but when it comes on, I have to feel it fully, or it would fester inside me and he wouldn't want that either.
And thanks also, for listening - I don't talk about it here very often, because I don't really like sharing my pain with people who didn't know him - but he was a large part of my world, and the hole he left behind is vast and often terrible. Sometimes talking about it helps, if only a little.
I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Gtown71

United States

#294134 Apr 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
All your posts are about you.
Pro-choice means supporting a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, based upon he own circumstances and moral code, and without interference from those who think they know better than she does what she should do.
In the same way that I support your right to free speech, but don't necessarily agree with what you say, I can support a woman's right to make her own reproductive choice without agreeing with whichever choice she eventually makes. And there IS another choice, a fact you people love to ignore. We know that it's not UP to us which choice she makes. It's quite simply none of our business.
May I ask if you ever had a boss?
If so, were they married?
If so, was their marriage any of your business?

If you say no, then I would agree with you.
Now how much time have you spent using your voice to support your bosses marriage, and the fact that your bosses marriage was none of your business?

You see where I'm going with this?
to a point, you're right, a woman having an abortion or not is none of my business, but when the number of abortions being done reach well over 3,500 a day, each and every day, mon.- fri. In the country in which I live, then how can that not be some of my business as a citizen of this country?

If my post are about me I'm sorry, it is always my prayer -less of me and more of He.

You make abortion your business, do you not?
How many other things that is none of your business, do you spend sooo much effort on?

You defend a grown womans right to be able to legal have her unborn child killed.
Pro life, or whatever you wish to call us, defend the unborn child.

One "the woman " can defend herself with no problem.
The other "unborn child " cannot.

Master blaster wrote up a nice deal about how these parents allowed two of their children die, becouse they prayed, instead of seeking medical help, that the kids needed. What do you think about that? These were born older kids.

Should they be in trouble, or do you feel it is their business?
I think they are in trouble.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294135 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God would never create a person just to condemn them.
Sin entered the world by one man "adam", and we all have adams blood in our veins.
A way of escape was made by one man "Jesus Christ " the secound adam.
All those who put their faith and trust in Him shall be saved.
God does things decent and in order.
Satan is god of this world.
There are things thay will happen to fullfill prophecy.
God keeps His promises /we don't
God always tells truth /we may lie
God never cheats /we might
God offered a perfect gift, He put in every soul the need for Him.
If we die in our sins and miss Heaven, we do so over His Sons dead body.
G, I think you're throwing real evidence out the window in order to support religious myths. How do you explain the discoveries of skeletal remains that show there were earlier versions of humans that existed way before biblical times? Was Adam a hominid?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/...
Gtown71

United States

#294136 Apr 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Have you tried grief therapy or a survivor's support group? For many, it can be a powerful healing tool. They can't fill the hole in your heart but they often help you cope with it. Talking CAN help, be it with friends or strangers.
<quoted text>
Well said and I agree, for what its worth.
Time don't heal, but it truly helps.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294137 Apr 28, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
I started grief counseling not long after he died, but didn't complete the process with the counselor. Not sure why, but I think it just got too hard to follow her assignments. I wasn't in a very good place at all, but she was very kind and mostly helpful. I'm thinking I might be ready to get back into it this summer.

I am very very lucky to have so many wonderful folks around me that love me - and who loved and adored my son as much as I did. He was pretty special, and he had a large crowd of friends. They've 'adopted' us, and a lot of them call me 'mom' now. The folks who love me are the reason I still get out of bed in the morning. And it is very helpful to talk about him with those who were so much a part of his life.

Again, thank you so much for your care and compassion. It's nice to know there are always good people in the world!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294138 Apr 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I started grief counseling not long after he died, but didn't complete the process with the counselor. Not sure why, but I think it just got too hard to follow her assignments. I wasn't in a very good place at all, but she was very kind and mostly helpful. I'm thinking I might be ready to get back into it this summer.
I am very very lucky to have so many wonderful folks around me that love me - and who loved and adored my son as much as I did. He was pretty special, and he had a large crowd of friends. They've 'adopted' us, and a lot of them call me 'mom' now. The folks who love me are the reason I still get out of bed in the morning. And it is very helpful to talk about him with those who were so much a part of his life.
Again, thank you so much for your care and compassion. It's nice to know there are always good people in the world!!
It is always a blessing to have a good support system..its when you are alone that it is hardest I am sure..but you can always come here..Some one will answer or argue..for sure..but this thread has been around so long..I was off it for over 2 years and still remember some of the posters.
Most disagree with me..but its like having a family of frenemies..Dont mean to make light of things.

Hope the grief counselling works for you if you try it..You are in my prayers ..and you can talk to Him yourself anytime. Not sure how you believe..but He does hear.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294139 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the big arrogant phony who has no respect for others, yet you still speak for all others on this post. And do so as a fact, well the fact is you're wrong.
I speak for those of us that have spoken up to you MANY MANY times now, and the FACT is I'm NOT wrong - I'm 100% correct.
I'm sure many get sick and tired of your bulldog ways, but it is a public forum. You may bark on.
So much for your good christian ways huh?
I respect other views.
No, you actually do NOT, as you've also been told many times now. You have a tendancy to ignore what you dont want to hear.
I also feel many like you are dead wrong.
Yes, we know how you fell. We also dont care. And yes, I'm speaking for MANY here.
My Jebus, didn't used to mean one thing to me either foo, if you payed attention, but now He is my everything.
Goodie for you. We dont give two shits however.
Different paths may work, if you're climbing a mountain, but there is only one way to Heaven "Christ Jesus "
:)
Complete bullshit, and more evidence of your complete lack of knowledge and respect for other faiths. Hell, even the Pope and the Vatican acknowledges that people of other faiths will be able to go to heaven DESPITE their not giving a shit about your diety.

Location hidden

#294140 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God would never create a person just to condemn them.
Sin entered the world by one man "adam", and we all have adams blood in our veins.
A way of escape was made by one man "Jesus Christ " the secound adam.
All those who put their faith and trust in Him shall be saved.
God does things decent and in order.
Satan is god of this world.
There are things thay will happen to fullfill prophecy.
God keeps His promises /we don't
God always tells truth /we may lie
God never cheats /we might
God offered a perfect gift, He put in every soul the need for Him.
If we die in our sins and miss Heaven, we do so over His Sons dead body.
Gtown, fk you AND your g-d's sons dead body. NOBODY CARES. Go find a religion forum to post on if you want to proselytize, we dont give a damn about your g-d.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#294141 Apr 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep leaving out this part:
CONTRACEPTIVE USE
Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]
Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]
Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]
Because that part didn't apply.

Why didn't you answer the question? What's 100-11=?
If you read that of all (100%) the women at risk for unintended pregnancy 11% did not use contraception the month they got pregnant, would't you automatically realize 89% did use contraception the month they got pregnant? And that's exactly what the op said.

But you said it was misleading. And I asked you to specifically explain what you meant. So far, nothing.

Location hidden

#294142 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also didn't want my post about me,
That's ALL your posts are about. WE DONT CARE. Grow the hell up and move on already.

Location hidden

#294143 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said for me to support abortion would be like spitting in Gods face..but could be my sons also I guess.
Rose, nobody's asking you to support abortion. Nobody's asking you to support anything really. What you SHOULD support, if only because its right, is women's right to make THEIR OWN choices.

Someone elses medical decision is not yours to make, y'know?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#294144 Apr 28, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
or i guess god's face. why do you believe that?
you are not every woman and do not have the experiences of every woman. why is allowing them the freedom to make their own decisions so wrong, in your opinion?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said for me to support abortion would be like spitting in Gods face..but could be my sons also I guess. I thank God I was not given the choice to abort or I may not have ever met my son. Had I been tempted as well as the stupid kid I wss..my son would not exist fir me to know..nor his child..it is a very simple thing. I could never condemn a woman who chooses to abort. I understand the desperation. I do hate that society tells her that her child does not matter That he is not even a child. Its the decption of semantics. Abortion ends a human life.
It is a simple set of ideas. They are not ones you agree with. I do.
.The way the law is now I cannot allow or disallow anything. BUT if it ever came to a vote..which it never will..I would not support it..Neither would ROE for that matter.
So I'm left believing you only have concern for human fetal life. Every baby born because it's a human life. It's living the equivalence of a vegetative state as it develops and during development is still potential. There is no guarantee of a healthy, live birth. Be that as it may, you have no concern for these facts because these are broader than your opinion that if left alone, a baby will be born. Your POV is all mixed up, imo. You claim opinion as fact and facts as opinions. It is a common trait among the pl/ac group, though.

You're right. We're definitely not on the same wavelength. I still say good call for you since you recognized it early on :)

Location hidden

#294145 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now feces -WHAT IF I'M RIGHT?
What part of WE DONT CARE what you think do you not grasp?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#294146 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is always a blessing to have a good support system..its when you are alone that it is hardest I am sure..but you can always come here..Some one will answer or argue..for sure..but this thread has been around so long..I was off it for over 2 years and still remember some of the posters.
Most disagree with me..but its like having a family of frenemies..Dont mean to make light of things.
Hope the grief counselling works for you if you try it..You are in my prayers ..and you can talk to Him yourself anytime. Not sure how you believe..but He does hear.
This was nicely said. And I laughed at your "fienemies" line. Seems that way to me, too, at times :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Incognito4Ever 1,129,367
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 46 min IBdaMann 1,614
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr Becky 499
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Rosa_Winkel 230,938
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Ramando From SF 27,981
loan needed (Dec '13) 16 hr Lillyvet 6
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 19 hr Rama 201,197

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE