Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,057
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#294111 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what woke you up. You concluded it was 'god' because you couldn't think of any other reason. This is called the argument from ignorance (if you can't think of another explanation, god did it). It is a common logical fallacy.
<quoted text>
YOu wanted to read the bible because you are in a mostly christian country. Had this happened in the middle east you would have wanted the koran. Obviously you were searching for something missing in your life if you suddenly wanted to find religion.
<quoted text>
Consciously or subconsciously?
<quoted text>
Circular reasoning. Begging the question. You assume the bible is the word of 'god' and that god must exist because the bible says so. Do you understand how insane this sort of thinking is?
<quoted text>
Not at all. There could be a god that has limited powers and that made the universe by accident. There could be a god that has huge powers and no control over them. There could be what you call a god that is not conscious but causes things by its nature. Just a few of many possibilities.
Final post; got to go.
Where ever you go I wish you well, but in case others read this - the reason I knew it was God that woke me up that night was well becouse He has a way of letting you know it is Him.
I was "in my mind " speaking to Him very clearly. I was not calling on the name of Jesus, but God sees our heart, and overlooks our proper terms. People don't do either.

I can't tell you what would've happened had I been in iraq, or north korea, and can only tell you what happened to me.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#294112 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't "punish " people just becouse He can, if He wanted to rake folks into Hell based on how "good " or "bad " they were -He could've done it by now. Starting with ME
what else is He to do with a dead soul?
We have loved ones who die. No.matter how much we loved them, we don't dress them up and put them on our couch, and take them with us. We bury them.
The price of SIN is extremely high. It cost God much, and made offer to us for free.
What you call good, and what God calls good, is far different.
You seem to be a very "good" person, but would even you be willng to stand on a world stage, around all of your family and friends and have every deed and thought you have ever had opened up in front of them?
God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that "whosoever" shall believe in Him shall be saved.
1. God put in every person the need for Him.
Although we try and fill that spot with everything from sex, drugs, music, sports, you name it. The worst one of all "religion"
A religious person can be the hardest to be saved. They think they "do" enough.
It is not what you "do" it is who you are.
Bad people go to Heaven.
Good people go to Hell.
God must be dealing with a person, before they get saved.
This is the mystery of God.
The wind blows where it wills, and no one knows where it came from or where it goes, but they do know THAT IT TOUCHED THEM as it came by.:)
"It is not what you "do" it is who you are."

According to your belief we are created by God, so God made us who we are, including the atheists. And God made serial killers and pedophiles who they are, and the mentally ill, and the gay people, etc. All made by God, and will fail miserably in God's eyes.
Gtown71

United States

#294113 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you spelled it, why are you asking moron?
<quoted text>
Actually son, it IS a fact. Nobody gives two shits
about your incessent proselytizing, and COMPLETE garbage claims that your version of "faiths" way is the ONLY way.
The FACT is its not. There's a lot of way's to G-d, and He doesn't give a damn if we believe in your jebus or not. Your FAITH is YOURS and yours alone. Period.
<quoted text>
Why should I skip over it? I personally prefer to call you out on your hypocracy and ignorance.
And yes Gtown, it IS harassment when you've been asked, both politely and not so politely to tone down the religious rhetoric, because its not only repetitious and borning, but because it dosen't PERTAIN to most of us. You trying to shove your version of "faith" down other's throats - when you've been REPEATEDLY told we dont care what your religous views are, is harassment.
You are certainly free to speak your mind, over and over ad nauseum if you so choose. However, we are free to call you out for the idiot you are.
In addition, you have ZERO respect for other's beliefs - and that shows with your continued preaching to those that dont give a shit.
Your true colors show here regularly, and your phony piousness is a BIG part of why nobody takes your stupid ass seriously.
I'm the big arrogant phony who has no respect for others, yet you still speak for all others on this post. And do so as a fact, well the fact is you're wrong.

I'm sure many get sick and tired of your bulldog ways, but it is a public forum. You may bark on.:)

I respect other views.
I also feel many like you are dead wrong.

My Jebus, didn't used to mean one thing to me either foo, if you payed attention, but now He is my everything.

Different paths may work, if you're climbing a mountain, but there is only one way to Heaven "Christ Jesus "

:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294114 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So those who comment on here are lazy?
Did you miss the part about how a guy pulled a gun on me one night?
Plus -how do you know what "christ like " means?
Just the ones that try to save souls of non believers via the internet. I guess I did miss the part about the guy who pulled a gun on you but I really don't see what that has to do with saving anothers soul. You always make it all about you, I cheated, I was a pro-abort, I had a gun pulled on me, I found my dads dead body, my mom was a whore. It's a turn off.
Gtown71

United States

#294115 Apr 28, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is not what you "do" it is who you are."
According to your belief we are created by God, so God made us who we are, including the atheists. And God made serial killers and pedophiles who they are, and the mentally ill, and the gay people, etc. All made by God, and will fail miserably in God's eyes.
God would never create a person just to condemn them.

Sin entered the world by one man "adam", and we all have adams blood in our veins.
A way of escape was made by one man "Jesus Christ " the secound adam.
All those who put their faith and trust in Him shall be saved.

God does things decent and in order.

Satan is god of this world.

There are things thay will happen to fullfill prophecy.
God keeps His promises /we don't
God always tells truth /we may lie
God never cheats /we might

God offered a perfect gift, He put in every soul the need for Him.

If we die in our sins and miss Heaven, we do so over His Sons dead body.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#294116 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To be clear ..you are not saying abortion is natural but the sex act that makes a woman pregnant?
Oh, the irony!!!!!!
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#294117 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God would never create a person just to condemn them.
Sin entered the world by one man "adam", and we all have adams blood in our veins.
A way of escape was made by one man "Jesus Christ " the secound adam.
All those who put their faith and trust in Him shall be saved.
God does things decent and in order.
Satan is god of this world.
There are things thay will happen to fullfill prophecy.
God keeps His promises /we don't
God always tells truth /we may lie
God never cheats /we might
God offered a perfect gift, He put in every soul the need for Him.
If we die in our sins and miss Heaven, we do so over His Sons dead body.
More unprovable bullcr_p

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294118 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To be clear ..you are not saying abortion is natural but the sex act that makes a woman pregnant?
I'm saying you can't expect people not to want to have sex just because they might get pregnant.
rosesz wrote:
I am glad thdy provide services..but they have such a large base for doing good. I guess I think they could do more. My post to the other poster were becsuse I do not believe what he said that
Pp would be glad if there were no more abortions.
Well that's just a juvenile and immature way of thinking.
rosesz wrote:
It is a business. If it was rewuired that they be free..the clinics would stop.. i am not saying this will happen..I am saying a lot of money is made in the ending of human life.
I really see no point in reading the rest of the post. It's obvious you are not the brightest crayon in the box.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#294119 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the big arrogant phony who has no respect for others, yet you still speak for all others on this post. And do so as a fact, well the fact is you're wrong.
I'm sure many get sick and tired of your bulldog ways, but it is a public forum. You may bark on.:)
I respect other views.
I also feel many like you are dead wrong.
My Jebus, didn't used to mean one thing to me either foo, if you payed attention, but now He is my everything.
Different paths may work, if you're climbing a mountain, but there is only one way to Heaven "Christ Jesus "
:)
Every post you make is laughable, but this one, where you call your god, Jebus is top notch.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#294120 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you spell irony?

it is not a fact, it is what YOU believe.
Irony is you trying to tell somewhat that what they believe is not a fact when you call your beliefs, "truth".

Not only is it ironic, it is hypocritical and arrogant. For one, take the constructive criticism.... or are you too better than anyone else to be humble. Are you even open to the idea that you might be wrong or at fault?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294121 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok the REAL final post deserves to go to you. Yes, you are stubborn and entrenched.
<quoted text>
It may be personal but it is not unique. There are over 6 billion people on the planet. Pregnancy and birth aren't miracles. They are more like a plague to the planet.......
<quoted text>
Glad you feel that way. Why do you demand that other women, who are desperate not to have a child, cave in to your wishes?
<quoted text>
You also need to understand that your belief in a god has nothing to do with the legal issues of Roe. There is no evidence for a god so the only variables are legal ones. Get over it. Are you insisting that pregnant atheists should adopt your position on a god?
<quoted text>
How do you know? Even if there was a god, you have categorically no way to know what it wants. Maybe it wants unwanted fetuses to be aborted.
<quoted text>
And this is really the only statement that matters. This is why I call you the American Taliban. In a world where there is constant change, new information that is discovered, new inventions and procedures, you are sure that you alone have a lock on permanent truth that could not possibly change, no matter what the evidence. In any other arena than religion, this qualifies for commitment to a mental institution. I'm 100% serious.
SORRY you feel that way. It is not just a whim or belief that tells me that left in the womb and not aborted a baby will be born. That aborted it will not. THAT is the only fact in the argument. THE rest is opinion..the times and politics..Not new facts..
Equating me with others will not change that..no new science will change that fact.

Hope you have a good vacation or whatever..Seriously..peace

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294122 Apr 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception. What is 'sky high' to you?
Sue wrote:
" About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]"
====
Sue? What does 100-11=? You see this last paragraph where it states, "About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives."??
Do you see where the op wrote, "According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception."
What, exactly, was misleading about the number. Please, be very specific.
Why do you keep leaving out this part:

CONTRACEPTIVE USE
Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]
Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]
Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]
Gtown71

United States

#294123 Apr 28, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Just the ones that try to save souls of non believers via the internet. I guess I did miss the part about the guy who pulled a gun on you but I really don't see what that has to do with saving anothers soul. You always make it all about you, I cheated, I was a pro-abort, I had a gun pulled on me, I found my dads dead body, my mom was a whore. It's a turn off.
I'm sorry, I didn't know I was here to turn you on. I also didn't want my post about me, but rather about my God. I must tell about me, before and after.

I to get tired and turned of with seeing so many say I'm pro choice, but not really for abortion.
We don't like abortion, and for any to say we do is a lie, but we have no problem what so ever with the over 3 thousand 5 hundred abortions that take place every day in the usa, becouse they happen one at a time, and the little fellers are normaly small, and that makes us feel better.

When it should make you sick for even be ok with it, and no wonder you don't want some guy on here talking about God, unless it is a deas harmless god, becouse you know if God is real, then your vile self may be in trouble.

Geuss what, He's real.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294124 Apr 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain why you believe allowing women to make their own decisions regarding their own unintended pregnancies would be spitting in your son's face?
I said for me to support abortion would be like spitting in Gods face..but could be my sons also I guess. I thank God I was not given the choice to abort or I may not have ever met my son. Had I been tempted as well as the stupid kid I wss..my son would not exist fir me to know..nor his child..it is a very simple thing. I could never condemn a woman who chooses to abort. I understand the desperation. I do hate that society tells her that her child does not matter That he is not even a child. Its the decption of semantics. Abortion ends a human life.

It is a simple set of ideas. They are not ones you agree with. I do.

.The way the law is now I cannot allow or disallow anything. BUT if it ever came to a vote..which it never will..I would not support it..Neither would ROE for that matter.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294126 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you sincerely for sharing it. Its hard to share here sometimes, because too often an idiot will try to use it as a weapon against you, but you're a brave person, and I'm proud to have met you!
"Its hard to share here sometimes, because too often an idiot will try to use it as a weapon against you,"

Yea there are several on here, on BOTH sides of the issue that will throw posts like that back into the face of the poster. Sadly some posters on here will go out of their wayto be cruel.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294127 Apr 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
or i guess god's face. why do you believe that?
you are not every woman and do not have the experiences of every woman. why is allowing them the freedom to make their own decisions so wrong, in your opinion?
Same as last answer..Didnt see this.
Gtown71

United States

#294128 Apr 28, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony is you trying to tell somewhat that what they believe is not a fact when you call your beliefs, "truth".
Not only is it ironic, it is hypocritical and arrogant. For one, take the constructive criticism.... or are you too better than anyone else to be humble. Are you even open to the idea that you might be wrong or at fault?
Sure I'll take constructive criticism. When you plan on giving some?
If I haven't made it clear -my name is John, and if I got what I deserved I would be in Hell.
I am no better, then anyone one here, perhaps much worse then some, but I know in whom I believe, and trust "that He is able " to do that which He has set out to do.

Why are you even concerned? You don't believe in Hell.
You're comfortable enough to use feces for Jesus as you little name, so why do you care what I put?

What if I'm wrong? What if I and many many many more just had alittle mental break down and got all religious, but the truth is there really is no God, and when I die, I just die?
Will I care that I've wasted sooo much time talking about a God, that don't exsist? No I won't.

Now feces -WHAT IF I'M RIGHT?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294129 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least you picked an appropriate name for yourself for a change. You certainly DO demonstrate "ignoramce" here every time you post. Cowardly AND stupid. What a combo.
I gave my opknion of that post as low..who is thst??

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294130 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I didn't know I was here to turn you on. I also didn't want my post about me, but rather about my God. I must tell about me, before and after.
I to get tired and turned of with seeing so many say I'm pro choice, but not really for abortion.
We don't like abortion, and for any to say we do is a lie, but we have no problem what so ever with the over 3 thousand 5 hundred abortions that take place every day in the usa, becouse they happen one at a time, and the little fellers are normaly small, and that makes us feel better.
When it should make you sick for even be ok with it, and no wonder you don't want some guy on here talking about God, unless it is a deas harmless god, becouse you know if God is real, then your vile self may be in trouble.
Geuss what, He's real.
All your posts are about you.

Pro-choice means supporting a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her own uterus and pregnancy, based upon he own circumstances and moral code, and without interference from those who think they know better than she does what she should do.

In the same way that I support your right to free speech, but don't necessarily agree with what you say, I can support a woman's right to make her own reproductive choice without agreeing with whichever choice she eventually makes. And there IS another choice, a fact you people love to ignore. We know that it's not UP to us which choice she makes. It's quite simply none of our business.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294132 Apr 28, 2013
Have you tried grief therapy or a survivor's support group? For many, it can be a powerful healing tool. They can't fill the hole in your heart but they often help you cope with it. Talking CAN help, be it with friends or strangers.
not a playa1965 wrote:
I'd like to offer a general thank-you to all those who posted to me about the loss of my son. You folks are very kind, and I greatly appreciate your thoughtfulness. CPeter, you are correct in that he wouldn't want me to be sad...but when it comes on, I have to feel it fully, or it would fester inside me and he wouldn't want that either.
And thanks also, for listening - I don't talk about it here very often, because I don't really like sharing my pain with people who didn't know him - but he was a large part of my world, and the hole he left behind is vast and often terrible. Sometimes talking about it helps, if only a little.
I hope everyone has a lovely day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr johnplustwomore 1,155,536
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 28,452
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Eagle 12 233,043
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 5 hr Lora_14 10
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 6 hr sam 201,186
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 12 hr IBdaMann 2,731
Rashard Kelly's last-second putback gives No. 1... 17 hr dogman67156 1
More from around the web